Christian Members

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here? (Non-debate thread for believers only)

That being said, I have been reading some of the posts about gay's and the Bible. It is true, and the bible even states it. It's a sin. You can't be gay and be a Christian. People can not re-write the bible to attend to their needs and to justify their actions. These are my feelings.

True...

Shabuya;3157715 said:
These days we are also celebrating the first Christian martyr - Saint Stephen. Saint Paul, at that time still Saul from the spiritual standpoint, was in the crowd witnessing his martyrdom. Amazing how a persecutor of Christians became the Apostle of the Gentiles, isn't it? The Lord works not only in mysterious, but most of all in wondrous ways.

stephen_icon.jpg

st-stephen.jpg

Thousand upon thousands of Christian martyrs followed Saint Stephen - from the persecution of Christians in the Roman Empire to current day martyrs of all denominations in all parts of the world, missionaries and priests sacrificing themselves. When i was at the Colosseum in Rome for the Via Crucis on Good Friday this year i couldn't help but think of all those who gave their life there as a testimony for their faith in Christ.

Today i'm thinking most of a very special friend of mine whose name is Stephen. Last week as i was sitting in a coffee shop and writing him a 2 page letter and a Christmas card, i was being overwhelmed with gratitude. I really hope they arrived by today and he has read them. I cannot truly express my gratitude to him for all he has done. I am really in his debt. I´ve known him for years, but i only saw him this March and at that point i had no idea how much we would connect. I hope to see him again on New Year's. He has lightened my burdens throughout this terrible year. When other friends couldn´t be there for me, he was and because of that they were there as well. I'd love to be able to do something in return next year. So...THANK YOU.....again Stephen.

God bless you my friend. God bless you and your loved ones (your fiancé is very lucky and blessed to have you by her side) and God bless all (y)our friends.
*military salute* :cheeky:

And although in Budapest the Basilica is dedicated to another saint Stephen - the Hungarian king who through his baptism Christened an entire most beautiful nation, i'd also like to share with you all a picture which shows the dome of St. István.

20080516020248_img_46731.jpg

That church was my spiritual home many years ago and i remember all the occasions when i was praying there during Michael's trial for his freedom, his family and his defense team. It was nothing special really. I know many were doing the same all over the world. The Lord heard all our prayers and He delivered him from his enemies.

You are, as all of us, a work in progress. He knows that and He doesn't demand from you anything more than you can give Him right now. Of course there is room for growth in every single one of us, but our God is a merciful Lord and is always by our side, especially in our moments of frailty. Never doubt that.

You too are blessed. God bless you honey - today and everyday.

Everything is amazing about Christ, isn't it? :)

THANK YOU once more from the bottom of my soul for creating such a beautiful thread. God bless you my friend and may the new year upon us bring you great blessings.

I share your feelings about all else.

I'm gonna truly miss your detailed, rich posts... God bless you...

I'm back! I know I haven't been here lately...
Merry Christmas to everyone!!! I know I'm a couple of days late, but we are still in the Christmas season.

As creator of this thread, I wanted to take the time to thank you all for keeping it going. Between work, and other things that demand my time, I can't be here as much as I would like. I hope you all had a wonderful CHRISTmas, and hope you will have a blessed New Year.

That being said, I have been reading some of the posts about gay's and the Bible. It is true, and the bible even states it. It's a sin. You can't be gay and be a Christian. People can not re-write the bible to attend to their needs and to justify their actions. These are my feelings.
as a christian myself....I agree with this^^^^. Thank you.

Thank you for those who have agreed with me, and stand firm for the Bible, it's truth, and in your beliefs.

Happy Birthday to MsCassie Mollie.

And Shabuya, you are very welcome. I am glad you all keep this thread going.

God Bless you all.

As creator of this thread, I wanted to take the time to thank you all for keeping it going. Between work, and other things that demand my time, I can't be here as much as I would like. I hope you all had a wonderful CHRISTmas, and hope you will have a blessed New Year.

This discussion has made me think of a few things. It kind of breaks my heart to see people who may have sincere opposition to homosexual acts themselves be branded as homophobic haters. Just because one may believe that man and woman were meant to complement one another, it does not have to mean at all that you hate gays - gosh NO way it doesn't mean that. I wish more people in this world could understand that.

I do have an outstanding friend on MSN; my closest one on MSN in fact - she happens to be a homosexual but married to a man nonetheless. I asked her point blank once, are her feelings a choice? She does insist that they are not a choice - I feel for her though, as well as others who insist the same - I mean...I really don't know what to say but as I said - some people with well-intentioned reservations about homosexuality can be wrongfully accused of hating the gays themselves and that does bother me to a point. That simply isn't true at all.

As far as I know, Michael Jackson seemed conservative in his views on homosexuality when referring to the Bible (if you scroll down on this site you can see him clear up rumors of him being gay under [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Accusations about being gay/Michael's sexuality[/FONT]) yet I have never seen any of his more liberal fan base call him a homophobe or bigot for that.

Last edited:

This discussion has made me think of a few things. It kind of breaks my heart to see people who may have sincere opposition to homosexual acts themselves be branded as homophobic haters. Just because one may believe that man and woman were meant to complement one another, it does not have to mean at all that you hate gays - gosh NO way it doesn't mean that. I wish more people in this world could understand that.

I do have an outstanding friend on MSN; my closest one on MSN in fact - she happens to be a homosexual but married to a man nonetheless. I asked her point blank once, are her feelings a choice? She does insist that they are not a choice - I feel for her though, as well as others who insist the same - I mean...I really don't know what to say but as I said - some people with well-intentioned reservations about homosexuality can be wrongfully accused of hating the gays themselves and that does bother me to a point. That simply isn't true at all.

As far as I know, Michael Jackson seemed conservative in his views on homosexuality when referring to the Bible (if you scroll down on this site you can see him clear up rumors of him being gay under [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Accusations about being gay/Michael's sexuality[/FONT]) yet I have never seen any of his more liberal fan base call him a homophobe or bigot for that.

Thank you for this, that's really true..

I'm quite impressed with this thread. Some real edifying discussion and fellowship going on here. That's the way I like it.

I really don't care how it's doin' at the box office. I loved it. You should really take your girls to see it and Prince Caspian as well.
Did you invest in the movie or something lol?? Usually part 3 of movies arent too good but if you say it's good, i respect your opinion. I think we have Prince caspian at home, i don't remember, i'll have to check.

I have read about and met many great Christian. I wish I could be more like them.

That's my new year's resolution.
Theres many great Christians I try to be like as well, its my resolution as well.

You forgot Exodus 20:17 which says:
good scripture.

Couldn't have said it better, can't rep, you yet for this.

Today is my 21st birthday! :D
Happy birthday!!

I'm quite impressed with this thread. Some real edifying discussion and fellowship going on here. That's the way I like it.
Welcome, speak your mind.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!

More than 1,000 dead birds fall out of the sky in Arkansas; streets covered with black bird corpses

BY Philip Caulfield
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Sunday, January 2nd 2011, 12:57 PM

Residents in a Arkansas city got a bizarre New Year's surprise on Saturday when they woke up to find their neighborhood covered with thousands of dead birds that appeared to have fallen from the sky.

Dozens of lawns, streets and rooftops for more than a mile in Beebe, Ark., were covered with the corpses of red-winged black birds. An aerial survey showed that no other dead birds were found outside that area.

Beebe residents describe the scene as something out of an Alfred Hitchcock film, and the town's mayor, Mike Robertson, said he and other officials initially thought news of the birds was a New Year's prank.

"I thought the mayor was messing with me when he called me," Milton McCullar, a town street supervisor, told local television station KATV. "He got me up at 4'oclock in the morning and told me we had birds falling out of the sky."

McCullar and a group of other residents spent Saturday and Sunday cleaning up the birds, some of which had been flattened by cars.

State officials aren't sure what killed the giant flock.

Karen Rowe, an ornithologist with Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, said the thought the birds could have been killed by lightening or a high-altitude hail storm.

The Game and Fish Commission has collected some of the birds and will test them on Monday to try to determine how they died, KATV reported.

The dead birds are an ominous start to 2011 for the town of Beebe, which was one of the cities declared a disaster area last January after severe storms and flooding wreaked havoc in nearly 30 counties in Arkansas.

"Last year we started with floods. This year birds," Robertson said.

Black bird corpses, one thousand of them.... Fallen from the sky? God's wrath or mere warnings? A.k.a death falling from the sky - black birds, out of all birds.. Their song is one of the sweetest music that can ever be heard? Is it also a coincidence that they are black? One of the symbols of death.. It sure seems like this is more or less of a godly allegory of the innocent perishing on this earth, that it's time for more to open their eyes and see. Since godly aspects are dismissed by scientists often or the believers of the Seen only, isn't God starting to become more 'visual' for these people?....
What else does He have to do in order to be believed?

A couple of days ago, a church from a city in our country burned down to the ground, although its furniture and icons were saved from the flames.

God is having enough.... He's 'sprinkling' too many signs, yet many are still asleep.... His reaction against those who have proclaimed themselves gods on this earth and are currently ruling it; just finished reading about rains pouring down from clear skies, one of these 'gods'' 'experiments' with this toy earth this Planet has become...

Alma, that stuff about the birds, weird.

Just stopping by and showing some love! :hug: :girl_give_heart:

Just stopping by and showing some love! :hug: :girl_give_heart:

aww :hug:

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. :hi:
Please, I ask for prayers to my friend and her family. On December, 31 her's mother has gone. :( We're all broken heart. In these times there are no words can comfort their hearts, only Jesus can give comfort and hope for them. :yes:

Lord, I join in prayer right now to all people around the world who recently lost their loved ones. The pain of loss is huge and the empty and longing are a constant in their lives. Please Lord, gives comfort to their hearts and hope for them, makes understand there is no death but a new life at beside Christ. I can feel the sadness that comes from their hearts but all I can do is pray. My friend is suffering a lot and there are millions of people who are experiencing the same situation like her. Comfort their hearts and gives them the assurance of eternal life with our Jesus Christ.
I humbly ask You for that and thanks so much because You're merciful.
Thanks God. I love You so.

Amen :angel:

Last edited:

Please, I ask for prayers to my friend and her family. On December, 31 her's mother gone. :( We're all broken heart. In these times there are no words can comfort their hearts, only Jesus can give comfort and hope for them. :yes:

Lord, I join in prayer right now to all people around the world who recently lost their loved ones. The pain of loss is huge and the empty and longing are a constant in their lives. Please Lord, gives comfort to their hearts and hope for them, makes understand there is no death but a new life at beside Christ. I can feel the sadness that comes from their hearts but all I can do is pray. My friend is suffering a lot and there are millions of people who are experiencing the same situation like her. Comfort their hearts and gives them the assurance of eternal life with our Jesus Christ.

Amen...

Thanks, Lady Shazia.

My family is also going to have another tough time ahead of us - my great-uncle (my grandpa's brother), who's 87, has had numerous problems with emphysema and cancer for the past few years. My cousin called today and said that the cancer is everywhere, so I don't know how much longer he's going to be with us. :(
Not sure about his relationship with God, which worries me and my dad as well.

Please, I ask for prayers to my friend and her family. On December, 31 her's mother has gone. :( We're all broken heart. In these times there are no words can comfort their hearts, only Jesus can give comfort and hope for them. :yes:

I will pray for your friend:angel:

Hey, Shay. Been awhile. How are you?

Hi Maggie :hi: I have been well. I have been really busy though. I decided to go back to college and am finishing medical transcription and work is taking alot of time too so I dont come on as much as I would like too. But still very much here in spirit. :) I hope you have been well. *lots of hugs* :hug:

That's great Shay. Lots of hugs to you too.

???...

January 3, 2011 - Unexplained Massive Deaths
of Blackbirds and Drum Fish in Arkansas.

In Beebe, Arkansas, northeast of Little Rock, more than 5,000 blackbirds
fell from the sky on New Year's Eve dead and dying over a mile-long area of houses
and streets. 125 miles west in Ozark, Arkansas, on December 30th, at least 100,000 drum
fish were found dead in a 20-mile stretch of the Arkansas River. 65 blackbird bodies
have been sent to labs at the Arkansas Livestock and Poultry Commission
and the National Wildlife Health Center in Wisconsin.
“Initial examinations of a few of the dead birds showed trauma.
Whether or not this trauma was from the force of hitting the ground
when they fell or from something that contacted them
in the air, we don't know.”

- Karen Rowe, Ornithologist, Arkansas Game and FishCommission

10,000s of Birds found dead in Manitoba

Written by Canadafirst
Monday, 03 January 2011 05:30

Officials from Health Canada are scrambling to deal with the sudden death of 10′s of thousands of wild birds somewhere in the province. Officials dodged local reporters who were removed from outside the Level-4 Canada Science center. Thisis is the first time in the history of the Level-4 facility that a full mobilization has been initiated.

Local reports have circulated that an extremely virulent strain of bird flu has infected both wild and farm birds. At the same time an extremely aggressive winter flu has hit Canada sometime in December and mortality rates are expected to rise alarmingly in vulnerable populations.

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/alert-alerte/h1n1/index-eng.php

January 4, 2011 - 500 More Red-Winged Blackbirds and Starlings
Fell Dead from Sky Near LaBarre, Louisiana.

At least 500 red-winged blackbirds were found January 3, 2011,
on a quarter-mile stretch of highway in Pointe Coupee Parish
near LaBarre, Louisiana, northwest of Baton Rouge. These unexplained
bird deaths occurred only three days after the 11 PM, December 31, 2010,
mysterious fall of 5,000 dead and dying black-birds and starlings
in Beebe, Arkansas.

“Some birds were lying face down, clumped in groups, while others were
face up with their wings outstretched and rigid legs pointing upward.”

- Louisiana Advocate Westside Bureau

January 5, 2011 - Mysterious Deaths of Snapper in New Zealand
and Sardines in Brazil.

Beginning at 5 AM, January 4, 2011, on Coromandel
beaches of northeastern New Zealand, residents reported
finding hundreds of snapper washed up dead, but looking
well-fed and healthy.

I've never seen anything like it in the last 30 years I've been here.”

- Charlotte Pearsall, Resident of Little Bay, Coromandel, NZ

January 5, 2011 - Crows Fell Dead in Sweden January 4.

Reuters reports that Rescue Chief Christer Olofsson
holds a dead jackdaw, species of crow, in Falkoping,
Sweden, on Wednesday, January 4, 2011. Residents of the
Swedish town found some 100 dead jackdaws on a Falkoping street.
An investigation is currently underway to determine the cause
of death.

http://scarletwhore.com/?p=2553

In Britain, 40,000 devil crabs join list of casualties...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1ABGBUJ4w

A person on a forum said they had been agnostic...until they read/watched news on these birds and fish deaths.

Environmental disasters are on alarming increase... i.e. the British Petroleum one /..

Bible prophecies related to poisoned waters:

REVELATION 8:8-11
8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

REVELATION 16:3-7
3 And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.
4 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.
5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.

REVELATION 19:11-18
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

HOSEA 4:1-3
1 Hear the word of the LORD, ye children of Israel: for the LORD hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.
2 By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood.
3 Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.

.... What do you think, are these fish and bird deaths a radical result of man's influence? Or His dramatic statement to a sleeping world?

Thanks, Lady Shazia.

My family is also going to have another tough time ahead of us - my great-uncle (my grandpa's brother), who's 87, has had numerous problems with emphysema and cancer for the past few years. My cousin called today and said that the cancer is everywhere, so I don't know how much longer he's going to be with us. :(
Not sure about his relationship with God, which worries me and my dad as well.

I hope the family starts to get his affairs in order and that he confirms his relationship with God.

I know this is a Christian thread only and I do apologize in advance, but I do have a question to ask. I hope you guys don’t mind me asking.

Is America a Christian nation? If so why do Christians allowed Hollywood to humiliate or mock Jesus and his teachings in the movies? And at the same time Hollywood promotes homosexual lifestyle, atheism and pornography.

You don't need apologize. I also ask about that sometimes. It's so sad, huh? But not only America. The entire world is allowing that. :(
Jesus has always suffered persecution and humiliation and now in modern society I think it wouldn't be different. Unfortunately. The society is becoming sick collectively but I think even when people discuss their atheism they're trying to understand and alleviate their existential concerns. We must be the difference in the world and praying for those who mock Jesus. God is merciful, knows our weaknesses.

afrika;3178776 said:
I know this is a Christian thread only and I do apologize in advance, but I do have a question to ask. I hope you guys don’t mind me asking.

Is America a Christian nation? If so why do Christians allowed Hollywood to humiliate or mock Jesus and his teachings in the movies? And at the same time Hollywood promotes homosexual lifestyle, atheism and pornography.
If you ask me, America is no longer a Christian nation. :no:

Back