Christian Members

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here? (Non-debate thread for believers only)

glad youre back shabby:)hope everyones doin okay

Very funny stuff there Ms.CassieMollie. Thanks for postin'. :)

glad youre back shabby:)hope everyones doin okay

Thanks for your kind words D.S., but, as i said, Shabuya ain't really back. I'm just visiting. I haven't got much time left here. Btw of that username though. I might have shared this next video in another corner of this message board quite some time ago, but i'm pretty sure i haven't done so here. That particular username came to me 'courtesy of' Michael and Spike Lee via the Get on the bus soundtrack. Here is the opening of the movie which features Michael singing On the line.

[video=youtube;iWmvleHLIaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWmvleHLIaM[/video]

So this is where Shabuya comes from. Shhaaaby??? Well, she is a whole different....story/song whateva u wanna call it. What matters with this1 is not how you write it, but how it gets pronounced.

Returning to that video i posted – in a very strange way i have come to identify with that movie and that song a bit too much for my own comfort. Although i look nothing like that woman in the opening of the movie, i do indeed feel very much like a 'woman in chains' only the chains that have me bound are of a very different nature, other than mere metal. My kind of slavery is very different from the physical one. It is of mental and spiritual nature, therefore much more perverse and much harder to overcome. Another song that fits perfectly is this rendition of the classic from Tears for Fears by the amazing Xavier Naidoo, here with the help of Yvonne Betz, whom i must confess i hadn't heard of until this afternoon when i ran into this great performance.

[video=youtube;qIR4qSjqZg8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIR4qSjqZg8&feature=related[/video]

Unlike the woman in the song, thankfully i'm not selling “the only thing i own” but i do feel very much a prisoner of my circumstances and i need to be free, but i am terrified because there doesn't seem to anybody to care enough to do just that – to free me.

About a year ago i had a rather serious car crash. Nothing happened in the end, but the consequences could have been deadly both for me and other people. In the picture bellow you will see the trail left by my car and the gas pipe i hit. I pass by this spot every day and i often look at it with very mixed emotions. Many times it's unbelief at the thought of what might have been, other times it's gratitude, but lately....

markb.jpg

I've shown this picture to my folks and to friends at work and they all thought it was a sign of gratitude. Little did they know the real reasoning behind my action. I know it is a horrible thing to say and indeed i should thank the Lord, his saints and all the protectors who saved me that morning, but i have come to such a point where am i asking myself – WHY AM I STILL ALIVE???

I wouldn't wish ill on anyone, so i am really glad the people and the property near by were safe, but for myself and the value of my own life i no longer have much respect. Given the year that has passed since and the torments that i've had to fight before and after this i have come to consider death as a viable alternative to the existence that i now lead. As a Christian, of course i cannot risk my immortality and my relationship with the Lord by harming myself, but i do see death, as an external event, a release.

This was neither the first or the last encounter i've had with that 'awful' lady. I've always struggled between this world and the ones beyond i suppose ever since i was born. My poor mom was in labor for almost three days struggling to give birth to demanding little me. I've ran away from kindergarten over to my folks' military unit at age 4 crossing i don't know how many streets all by my shabby self lol (sounds like an adventure but could have been dangerous). I have been close to being hit by cars ever since i can remember and in many countries – from middleschool back home, to buses in other European capitals, to a car earlier this year when it literally came a few cms from hitting me. Not to mention an incident 9 years ago when 1 day after my birthday i was with an IV in my arm in intensive care, still alive because of the determination of a young female doctor when all others around her had given up on me. I still have the scar from the IV on my right wrist and although it is an almost invisible point, i know what it represents – it marks the difference between life and death.

Looking back on all of these occasions i cannot help but ask myself WHY? Although i cannot dare compare myself to Job, i can't help but wonder at times. I know i wasn't there when the Good Lord made the stars and sun, nor was i there at the foot of the cross on the Golgotha when Christ gave His last breath, but i am contributing to the pain our Saviour went through because of my sins. I know and i believe all of that, but i cannot help but ask of God – why did He save me so many times if pain is all i'm going through? Why bother? I also know the saving power of sorrow and the Passion of the Lord holds the answer and gives sense and meaning to any and all human suffering, but am i a horrible Christian if i ask these questions nonetheless?

I was asking similar questions after Michael passed away. It was inconcievable to me how the Lord could have saved Michael from the ordeal of 2003 – 2005 and all the ones before only to shortcut his life when i felt it was still incomplete. He had yet to really feel the blessings of true love in the proper setting of a holy marriage or a true completion of his mission from God, which i believed and still do to this day was much larger than maybe even Michael himself imagined. Not to mention of course the heartbreaking thought that he wouldn't get to see his babies grow up and they would have to face the world without the comfort of fatherly love.

Posing all kinds of uncomfortable questions seems to be a 'talent' of mine. Because of it, on more than one occasion, i've had people suspect me i was a journalist. I would hope one of quality. The things i usually ask are skin deep. I do like to get deep inside the minds and hearts of people and make them question their assumptions and also make them aware of new perspectives. I should stop it with the questioning at the gates of Heaven though. God is in control and He knows what He is doing, even if i or any other human being can't understand the whys and whens of His ways.

Because of the trials and tribulations that i've dealt with during the past two years in recent months one question that i've been posing to God was where is He now when He had been so prompt in rescuing me so many times and in so many ways before? Not only that, but why is He letting the enemy win? That is the sad truth, the way things stand right now, the enemy is about to win.

In my life God has been the only one who has never failed me. He is the only one i trust. I no longer really trust any human being, starting with myself. I do love people, in general and some in particular. I'd be a liar if i said i loved God and hated people. I do love people, some more than others, but at this point i do not trust anyone. I know the Lord is faithful to His word and won't let me be tempted beyond what i can bear, but as i've been trying to tell Him for so long i am dangerously treading on that line and if He does not intervene soon enough many things will be lost.

Michael's song On the line talks about putting everything on the line in order to make things right. I used to agree with it. Nowadays i cannot stand them two first lines and the 'all good things....due time' cliché. Matter of fact, i hate that kind of silly words with passion. What about the times when you put everything on the line and still that is not enough? But then again, maybe i am not enough and that's the problem to begin with.

I fear the real battle is for souls though and many are indeed on the line, many starting with mine. I canonly join Chris de Burgh when he calls out to the Lord

That train is still on time, oh my soul is on the line,
Oh Lord, You've GOT to win...

The imagery in the next video might be too much for some, but let me reassure you all that the real spiritual battles are far more frightful than any of those images there. I know that more than i would like and more than many imagine.

[video=youtube;DnaUvPoiTfQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnaUvPoiTfQ[/video]

I don't wanna attempt to wrap up this new scroll on such a terrible note, therefore here goes a more hopeful song yet again by the awesome Xavier Naidoo ft. Janet Grogan – Alles kann besser werden (everything can be better). Wonderful song with great bells sounds and a beautiful message, great concept for the video –including the 'snowflakes' lol – and also a lovely tribute to Michael there with two of his dancers sporting MJ t-shirts :)

[video=youtube;wMIGQp4YhuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMIGQp4YhuU[/video]

Indeed "I am not afraid to face what they fear if it means I can break free". Thing is – i am not naïve enough to believe 'alles' can and will be better, not soon anyways. What i've been praying and needing for so long was that at least some things would get better, to have the tiniest bit of reason 'not to give up' and have a real motivation for holding on. Beyond anything else, uncertainty about many things and many people is my greatest enemy and a true killer. The most frightful part is that nobody on earth and unfortunately it seems even in heaven doesn't seem to want to give me at least the comfort of certainty if not that of fulfillment and joy.

Btw of the 'himmel' Xavier talks about. Here are a couple of pictures i've taken in my garden and at my gates on September 30[SUP]th[/SUP] around 8 a.m. before headin' for work. I've always loved this kind of scenes with light coming out of clouds. I do think of them as signs of hope. The quality of the photos may not be great, but in a way the painting-like lack of clarity makes them even more interesting in my humble estimation.

hopek.jpg

30sett.jpg

33 years ago on October 16[SUP]th [/SUP]blessed John Paul II was elected pope. I've had this beautiful image of his from one of my best friends, Chris, me sis. She gave it to me when she returned from Rome many years ago. It used to be in my parents' house, but i've taken it today and placed it on the inside of my door.

lolek1.jpg

While doing some searching of videos related to John Paul II i came across a wonderful comment on youtube. I can only adhere to it with all my soul.

Caro Santo Padre, tu che sei nella storia per aver dato al mondo la speranza che Dio riesca a raccoglierci tutti in un grande abbraccio, dammi solo la forza di andare avanti, e sopratutto dammi la forza di avere fede senza che mi senti abbandonato.

Dear Holy Father, you who have made History by giving the world hope that God would reunite us all in a great embrace, give me the strength to go on, and most of all give me the strength to have faith without feeling abandoned.

Unfortunately for me, i already felt abandoned. What i do need from Lolek is the strength to go on. I know the beautiful story of the two sets of trails in the sand and the moment that we feel we are alone it is actually Jesus who is carrying us, but i still need to see a couple of trails in my desert.

Lolek, prega per...me e per noi, se essiste il noi per quale pregare.

JESUS, i trust in You and You alone. Thy will be done. AMEN

^^^ Well, thank you. Do you really think that? I’ve had other people say they loved it, so maybe you are onto something. I’m personally getting’ a bit fed up wit it…usernames are just that – user names; the only name that truly counts is the one God, my family and my closest friends know me by.

For many months now i meant to post a particular video in this thread but stopped short of it cause i feared it would cause some apprehension in the more ‘puritan’ sectors. I know all of us here come from very different backgrounds and denominations and i actually think that’s the beauty of this thread.

‘Warnings’ aside, the video i would like to start with is “Saint of me” by the marvelous and legendary Rolling Stones. I know that “Sympathy for the devil” has caused a lot of controversy in its day and even this next video could be taken as offensive and sacrilegious by some, but i actually think it’s a brilliant testimony of faith, in rock’ n’ roll format, fo sho’.

That ‘sympathy’ song i interpret more as a cautionary tune about the perils related to the enemy – a musical Screwtape letter if you will, more than anything else.

Also, the ‘saint’ song i happen to think displays a lot more faith than some ‘traditional’ ones which can become, in very dangerous ways if i may say so myself, occasions more for singers to showcase their vocal talents rather than praising God and recognizing our shortcomings and the grandeur of His grace.

[video=youtube;Uy8S0EaBt94]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy8S0EaBt94&feature=related [/video]

And could you stand the torture
And could you stand the pain
Could you put your faith in Jesus
When you're burning in the flames
And I do believe in miracles
And I want to save my soul
And I know that I'm a sinner
I'm gonna die here in the cold

Amazing and true…..

A tamer song is God put a smile upon your face by Coldplay

[video=youtube;e9Kcg_8gK30]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Kcg_8gK30&ob=av2e[/video]

Since i are in a militant, shabtastic kinda mood nowadays here is the ever so awesome Tupac.

[video=youtube;padvnsLUhUM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=padvnsLUhUM[/video]

And to bring things full circle, here is Sir Mick yet again, this time with the help of none other than Mr. Lenny Kravitz himself.

[video=youtube;9FWKvPmFP2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FWKvPmFP2k&feature=related[/video]

Taken from “Moments with Majesty” by Jack Hayford

“These signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; ….they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.” (Mark 16: 17 – 18)

Let the name of Jesus stir new confidence in your life today. He has granted His own name as the signature, the badge of authority, the security, the guarantee of every promise offered in God’s Word. And in that name, we are to expect results – in our life, in our family, in our neighbourhood, in our church, and in our world.

Yes there is the waiting of faith and the patience of hope, but people who pray in Jesus’ name can expect action. Boldly believe!

How about some prayer now? I’ve read this recently and i thought it was far too touching and true to keep only for myself.

Lord, forgive me:

• for all that i could have seen and did not see!
  • for all that i could have heard and did not listen!
  • for all that i could have felt and did not feel!
  • for all that i could have understood and did not understand!
  • for all that i could be aware of and was not!
  • for all the forgiveness that i could have given and did not!
  • for all the love i could have given and did not!
  • for all the joy i could have lived and did not live it!
  • for all the Light i could have received and did not received it!
  • for the life i could have protected and did not!
  • for all my dreams i could have fulfilled and did not!
  • for the unknown in which i could have stepped, and out of fear, i didn’t dare step!
  • for all that i could have created good and beautiful and did not create for the Your glory Lord and that of Your Kingdom
  • for everything i know to have wronged and all that i am not aware i pray Lord that You, who are infinity Mercy and Love forgive me and clothe me with Your everlasting Love and Light!

I thank You, Lord:

• for all the beauty i saw flowing from You!
  • for the silent music of Your Heart which You have revealed to my hearing!
  • for everything i ever felt good and wonderful in my life!
  • for everything which by Your grace i understood!
  • for the light i’ve drawn into the depth of my being!
  • for the forgiveness which by giving has brought me peace!
  • for the joy of every moment lived in You, Lord!
  • for all the spiritual gifts which have enriched my being!
  • for my life, which belongs to You, and is a small part in the symphony of existence!
  • for all the dreams which came to life through the harmony of Your love for me!
  • for the unknown i stepped in full of courage, finding You yet again!
  • for the overwhelming love which You comfort me with!
  • for everything i have created through You good and beautiful, humbly giving praise to Your divine Kindgom!

The Lord, our God, walking through my house will take away all my worries and will heal my infirmities and those of my family. I pray in the holy name of Jesus. AMEN!

of mountains, kids and trust in God...

Hey folks, 'random' don't even begin to describe what is about to follow. The randomness may only be apparent though because most of what i'm about to show you has to do with my current location - physical, mental and spiritual.

The first image is the Road to the Cross by the amazing Brian Jekel. This was the cover a 16 months planner for 2005 - 2006 i've uncovered recently while puttin' some sort of order into my things. It is incredible to think of all that transpired since those many years ago.

crucify.jpg

This one needs no comment, it is self explanatory and is very much needed, especially today.
hison.jpg

And btw of Michael - i told y'all how i visited the U.S. for his birthday. It was really touching to think that i was flyin' over Gary. Little did i know that very day when i arrived, on August 26[SUP]th[/SUP], Michael's kids and parents were visiting Gary. This is the picture i took on the plane, on my way back.

garymb.jpg

We all know where Michael is from, what if i show y'all where i come from? Even a restless, vagabond soul like mine feels a special connection to the place where it came into the world. It's so ironic that someone as uprooted as me comes from a place symbolized by roots. Btw of origins, a couple of weeks ago i've discovered by pure chance that my first name had not only connections to flyin', but also with castles.
I thought that was very cool and very appropriate considerin' the area i was born in.

panoramadl.jpg

I probably wouldn't have done this if i weren't in the area right now because of professional reasons. My love of mountains must come from the fact that i was born in such a gorgeous scenery - the pictures that follow prove it.

gloriousx.jpg

moukt.jpg

95524003.jpg

mountz.jpg

panjhj.jpg

I've always considered mountains to be one of the highest expressions of God's creativity, beauty and majesty. They truly are marvelous creations. As a young priest John Paul II enjoyed hiking and taking groups of young people to show them the glory of God's creation. Even in his pontificate when ailments and accidents took their toll on his fitness (a great trial for someone as active as he used to be) he still managed to go and enjoy the sights.

lolekfj.jpg

This next picture i've taken only a few hours ago :)

falldj.jpg

Btw of the Lord's creation - here's a beautiful rose i picked up from my garden a few weeks back.

rosecs.jpg

Some other wonderful creatures......

ziont.jpg

snowkittey.jpg

lilkittens.jpg

The Lord has an amazing sense of humor. I'm sure Jesus wouldn't mind this pic above in this thread right here lol. And btw of 'kittens' how bout some of the sweetest kittens in the world ??? :D

blanketj.jpg

parisjp.jpg

princeqo.jpg

God bless you little ones, God bless you - today and every day :)

Michael was absolutely right - "kids are the best" and his are the best of the best. Because of my current travels, in between family (5 y.o. cousin and 11 y.o. nephew) and kids i've met together with their families this week i've had the chance to spend some true moments of joy and i'm very thankful to the Lord for all their love.

trustbi.jpg

trustinthelord.jpg

This is taken from that planner i mentioned in the beginning. I thought it might be very useful.

whatbiblesays.jpg

MP, this one's for you in case u readin' ;)

And also from the extra cool Kirk Franklin - Jesus is the reason for the season

The holiday season may not be here yet, but Jesus is the reason for every season. I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all blessed holidays and faithful and fruitful lives in the coming year filled with the love of Christ.

Michael said "I don't sing it if I don't mean it"and I say "I don't post it if I don't mean it.":):D

Careful there Agent M. - when Michael said that he was just a lil' kid reciting lines taught by Motown staff. Later on he came to sing many things he did not mean. Anyways...comin' back on topic.

Thank God for kids and mountains :)

Blessings everyone
.....trust the Lord - always.

Jesus, Thy will be done. AMEN

Last edited:
Dear Lord,

Thank You because You are THE WAY, THE TRUTH and THE LIFE.

Please forgive us for our trasspasses in word, action, thought or omission.

Today i pray

- for those who are grieving that You bring them comfort

- for those who are suffering in body, mind and soul that You bring them solace

- for those who are imprisoned that You give them the hope of freedom

- for families torn apart by conflict You give them peace, unity and love

- for those who are gripped by dispair, grant them Your hope and peace beyond understanding

- for those who feel unloved, give them love in the ways they need and in measures greater than their imagination

- for those who feel alone and abandoned, give them faithful friends

- for Your Church to have holy priests, bishops and cardinals ever faithful to Your word and name and to serve as true shepards of their flocks and faithful monks and nuns

- for the lay people of the Church to do their part in the work of salvation and have understanding for the humanity of clergy

- for Christians everywhere to attain true unity according to Your will

- for political leaders and decision-makers in every field to act with wisdom, courage and responsibility not only for their own people, but people everywhere

- for scientists to use their abilities in order to bring progress and knowledge to make the world safer and life better without forgetting Your laws

- for educators to assume their responsabilities towards the young people left in their care and to train their young minds to seek the best

- for doctors to serve life and to protect it

- for artists to be dedicated to their art with honesty, openess to You, coherence of life and message and with great care for the young and impressionable minds they can inspire

- for journalists to inform about the real issues of life and not deceive the people with lies and distractions

- for those in the legal field to truly serve justice and truth and protect the innocent

- for parents to raise their children with care, understanding they need more of their time and love instead of things

- for children to grow up surrounded by serenity and love and instructed in the ways of respect and discipline

- for those born today, help us make for them the world a better place

- for those who passed away today, receive them in Your kingdom

- for those whom there is no one left to pray, take them in Your care

- for those who know You, to get to know You better and in deeper ways with each passing day

- for those who do not know You yet, open their mind hearts and minds to the truth of Your love

- for all of us, teach us Thy ways so we can learn to forgive and love as You are doing – without boundaries

- for us to be a beacon of Your light always ready to testify, never afraid to tell the world that You are the foundation of all that is good and the reason for our hope

- for all people to understand that fortune, fame, power and all other similar traps are nothing but illusions and the true measure of success and the only ambition worthwhile pursuing and achiving in this life is to know You and to do Your will.

Thy will be done - today and every day. AMEN

P.S. And Lord,...i know You know this, but i gotta write it anyway - i loooooooove You sooo much.

Merry Christmas everyone .:)

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall
be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor,
The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Merry CHRISTMAS - I Hope yours is filled with much Love & Joy and the Glorious hope of its true message.

The First Christmas
Luke 2:1-20

In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. (This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.) And everyone went to his own town to register.

So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men of good will."

When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about."

So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.

But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

Christ has been born!! Glorify him!

Merry Christmas...

Hello!

I haven't been so active lately. Heh.

God bless you all! Hope you all had blessed Christmas. :)

I was wondering what happend to this thread...I miss it,,I miss chatting with all of my fellow Christian friends. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. God is GOOD!!

a Latin Christmas

I was wondering what happend to this thread...I miss it,,I miss chatting with all of my fellow Christian friends. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. God is GOOD!!

I was wonderin' the same as well. Sooo great to see it flourish once more. I had a feeling it would be so because of Christmas. Nice to see you around everyone :) Hope everyone had a blessed Christmas like me and my family did. Apologies in advance if all the videos i'll post slow down the page.

Although Christmas day has passed, we ought to continue our celebration. In one of the videos that follows, the one about the real Christmas ('il vero Natale') it is said that for those who have Jesus in their heart every day is Christmas.

Let us not forget the reason why Jesus was born on Christmas day. As the beautiful Italian carol goes Oh my divine child, you paid such a price for loving me/us

Jesus went from the manger to the Cross so our travel through this world wouldn't be only from the cradle to the grave, but beyond it to everlasting life.

Gloria in excelsis Deo.
Et in terra pax hominibus bonae voluntatis.
Laudamus te, benedicimus te,
Adoramus te, glorificamus te.
Gratiam agimus tibi propter magnam gloriam tuam.
Domine Deus, Rex coelestis, Deus Pater ominipotens.
Domine Fili unigenite, Jesu Christe.
Domine Deus, agnus Dei, Filius Patris.
Qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis.
Qui tollis peccata mundi, suscipe deprecationem nostram.
Qui sedes ad dextreram Patris, miserere nobis.
Quoniam tu solus Sanctus, tu solus Dominus, tu solus Altissimus, Jesu Christi.
Cum Sancto Spiritu in gloria Dei Patris.
Amen.

May
God's will be done - now, in the coming year and always. AMEN

Last edited:

God bless you all friends on this Valentine's Day! :)

This topic has been a bit inactive lately.

.Sorry qbee, i was probably thinking ahead of myself and didn't compete my thought.

Cast any burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee. he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55:22

This verse has a lot to say to us about personal challenge and encouragement. It's three main power of words are: 1) cast 2) burden, and 3) sustain.

Cast means "the throw, hurl, abandon, or toss away as no longer needed, (negativity) or wanted (negativity). It also means "to dispense with something in such a way as to have nothing more to do with it. "Our cares and burdens are to be thrown away, abandoned into God's care, dispense with so that we have nothing more to do with them.

Burden is a word used to describe a load of anxiety that weighs a person down. It has to do with one's life, his particular sphere of influence, his daily duties and responsibilities. Various Bible scholars have defined this expression your burden in the following ways: God's gifts to you," "your hope", "your cares," (LXX) " your allotment, your portion" and your cares, travails and troubles that go with your business or your occupation."

Sustain is a good word. It has to do with upholding, feeding, nourishing, supporting, and taking care of. God gives us life and then invites us to turn over to Him the weight of it all so He can carry us and the load.

Hope that helps....I have a Prayers "That Avail Much James" 5:16, A bookf for Mothers and it helps to up lift me at difficult times, which has been since that day, 25 June 2009.

Last edited:
Whitney Houston: I Look To You Lyrics

As I lay me down
Heaven hear me now
I’m lost without a cause
After giving it my all

Winter storms have come
And darkened my sun
After all that I’ve been through
Who on earth can I turn to?

Chorus:
I look to you,
I look to you
After all my strength is gone
In you I can be strong
aI look to you,
I look to you
And when melodies are gone In you I hear a song
I look to you

'bout to lose my breath
There's no more fighting left
Sinking to rise no more
Searching for that open door

And every road that I've taken
Led to my regret
And I don't know if I'm go'n make it
Nothing to do but lift my head

Chorus:

My levees are broken
My walls are coming down on me
My rain is falling
Defeat is calling
I need you to set me free
Take me far away from the battle
I need you
Shine on me!

Chorus:

[ Correct lyrics ]
These lyrics were corrected by Michelle J,oluwole,enskynelson,Jazmine
Thank you all for your support ! We appreciate it !
eLyricsWorld.com team

I Look To You lyrics by Whitney Houston

Last edited:

I am Beautiful, I am gorgeous
God is for me who can be against me
I am a new person now beautiful Knowing the secrets
Determined with fire to move mountains in all I do
The old me is behind I will march ahead anew

~ Michael Jackson

I am Beautiful, I am gorgeous
He has made every thing beautiful in its time: also he has put eternity in men's hearts ... Ecclesiastes 3:11

God is for me who can be against me
Then What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31

I am a new person now beautiful Knowing the secrets
Therefore if any man believe in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17 God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God's deep secrets. 1 Corinthians 2:10

Determined with fire to move mountains in all I do... Molding my own world
but one mightier than I is coming, the thong of whose sandals I am not fit to unloose; he shall baptise you with the Holy Spirit and fire; Luke 3:16 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be removed, and be cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he said shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he said. Mark 11:23 I can do all things in him who strengthens me. -Phil 4:13

The old me is behind I will march ahead anew
And have put on the new man, that is renewed in knowledge after the image of God that created him:Col 3:10
In this new life, it doesn't matter if you are a Jew or a Gentile, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbaric, uncivilized, slave, or free. Jesus Christ he lives in all of us. Colossians 3:11

149519_472173213725_162382483725_5455801_6015354_n.jpg

"My heart rejoices in the Lord; my horn is exalted in the Lord.
I smile at my enemies, because I rejoice in Your salvation.
No one is holy like the Lord, for there is none besides You,
Nor is there any rock like our God." (I Samuel 2:1-2)

I believe in the Bible and I try to follow the Bible. I know I’m an imperfect person, I’m not
making myself out to be an angel. Because I’m not an angel & I’m not a devil either. I try
to be the best I can and I try to do what I think is right. It’s that simple.
" ~ Michael Jackson

Ill never stop loving people the way Jesus said to ~ MJ

"My real goal is to fulfill God’s purpose." ~ MJ

[video=youtube;vTgUBzE_EDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTgUBzE_EDQ[/video]

"And my goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive:
the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance"
~ MJ

One who is in in devine union with God is one in nature, but diversified in manifestation.
He " weeps with those who weep, and rejoices with those who rejoice." Under the unerring impulses of the life which is from God, he becomes " all things to all men," but without losing the identity of his character as one united with God, and as being the "temple of the Holy Spirit." Instructed by the teachings of love, which is the best of all teachers, he is a man of smiles or of tears, of action or of rest.

He rests when it is the time to rest, because rest in its time is better than toil out of time; but he labors when Providence calls him to labor, and love makes his labor sweet.

He has a heart for humanity, and a heart for nature. More than a mere amateur of the outward world, he loves the rocks and the mountains for their own beauty and sublimity, and for the God that dwells in them.

His heart warms and melts in the summer sunshine; but the thunder is his also, and the lightning. Nothing is out of place, because place is subordinated to the eternity and ubiquity of the life within. He is a citizen of his country, and serves her well, without losing the evidence of his citizenship in heaven; a subject of the powers that are ordained of God, without ceasing to be the subject of Him who has ordained them.

He sings praises with the devoted Christian, and his heart yearns and melts over the impenitent sinner.

In his simplicity, he is the companion of children; and in his wisdom, the counsellor of age.

He can sit at meat with the " publican and sinner," or receive the hospitality of the unhumbled Pharisee; and, in both cases, he unites the proprieties of love with the faithfulness of duty.

And all this, which seems to imply contradiction, and to require effort, is what it is, in all its ease and all its promptness, because it is not the result of worldly calculation, but the infallible working of a divine nature.

The man who rests in God, by having the principles of his nature brought into harmony with the divine nature, cannot be restricted by the limitations of name or country; but has a spirit which belongs to the world.

It is true his speculative beliefs may harmonize in certain directions more than in others; but, bearing Christ's image at the centre, he belongs to God rather than a party, and all mankind are his brethren. The turbulence of nature has given place to the pacifications of grace, in order that he may extend the right hand of fellowship to those of every name and every climate.

qbee;3606017 said:
I believe in the Bible and I try to follow the Bible. I know I’m an imperfect person, I’m not
making myself out to be an angel. Because I’m not an angel & I’m not a devil either. I try
to be the best I can and I try to do what I think is right. It’s that simple.
" ~ Michael Jackson

Ill never stop loving people the way Jesus said to ~ MJ

"My real goal is to fulfill God’s purpose." ~ MJ

[video=youtube;vTgUBzE_EDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTgUBzE_EDQ[/video]

"And my goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive:
the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance"
~ MJ

One who is in in devine union with God is one in nature, but diversified in manifestation.
He " weeps with those who weep, and rejoices with those who rejoice." Under the unerring impulses of the life which is from God, he becomes " all things to all men," but without losing the identity of his character as one united with God, and as being the "temple of the Holy Spirit." Instructed by the teachings of love, which is the best of all teachers, he is a man of smiles or of tears, of action or of rest.

He rests when it is the time to rest, because rest in its time is better than toil out of time; but he labors when Providence calls him to labor, and love makes his labor sweet.

He has a heart for humanity, and a heart for nature. More than a mere amateur of the outward world, he loves the rocks and the mountains for their own beauty and sublimity, and for the God that dwells in them.

His heart warms and melts in the summer sunshine; but the thunder is his also, and the lightning. Nothing is out of place, because place is subordinated to the eternity and ubiquity of the life within. He is a citizen of his country, and serves her well, without losing the evidence of his citizenship in heaven; a subject of the powers that are ordained of God, without ceasing to be the subject of Him who has ordained them.

He sings praises with the devoted Christian, and his heart yearns and melts over the impenitent sinner.

In his simplicity, he is the companion of children; and in his wisdom, the counsellor of age.

He can sit at meat with the " publican and sinner," or receive the hospitality of the unhumbled Pharisee; and, in both cases, he unites the proprieties of love with the faithfulness of duty.

And all this, which seems to imply contradiction, and to require effort, is what it is, in all its ease and all its promptness, because it is not the result of worldly calculation, but the infallible working of a divine nature.

The man who rests in God, by having the principles of his nature brought into harmony with the divine nature, cannot be restricted by the limitations of name or country; but has a spirit which belongs to the world.

It is true his speculative beliefs may harmonize in certain directions more than in others; but, bearing Christ's image at the centre, he belongs to God rather than a party, and all mankind are his brethren. The turbulence of nature has given place to the pacifications of grace, in order that he may extend the right hand of fellowship to those of every name and every climate.

Hi Everone,
I just wanted to say hello and I love what you are sharing on this thread.
It is wonderful to be back and see familiar and new names still on the thread.
Lets the purpose of what we were called for, begun and coplete at the same time

God bless you all

Back