Cocky quotes from musicians

"We all have our limitations... we all know that there's so many things you can't do,? but I mean I don't want some asshole critic to tell me that" - Freddie Mercury

Some of the quotes in this thread I don't find that arrogant. Sure Oasis are jerks and there are others who truly are arrogant, but Freddie Mercury - I don't think he was. This quote is the truth! And it was in answer to the fact that American critics ALWAYS trashed Queen.

Some of the quotes in this thread I don't find that arrogant. Sure Oasis are jerks and there are others who truly are arrogant, but Freddie Mercury - I don't think he was. This quote is the truth! And it was in answer to the fact that American critics ALWAYS trashed Queen.

It's not really cocky but I just love the way Freddie talks, I love his interviews and the way he's always swearing yet not being vulgar but funny and entertaining instead. This quote isn't really appropriate here since what you said is right. But I simply love it lol :p Freddie has never really been cocky. I love his personality and admire him just as I do love Michael. It's clear how they're two entirely different persons.

Michael in Wembley 88 "Hello London! And welcome to our royal guests!"
Freddie in Leiden 86 "How are you bunch of cocks!"

I dunno why I just thought I'd post it here :p Freddie's never been cocky in a sense of bitching.

Bono

I suppose we've made a work that is a bit challenging for people who have grown up on a diet of pop stars. ~ Bono

The 2nd verse of New Slaves is the best rap verse of all time… meaning… OF ALL TIME IN THE HISTORY OF RAP MUSIC, PERIOD. ~ Kanye West

KISS has never looked over its shoulder to see who liked us and who doesn’t. Not everyone liked Jesus, either. ~ Gene Simmons (KISS)

Back