Cocky quotes from musicians

"ego so big, u must admit, i got every reason to feel like im that bitch,ego so strong if u aint know i dont need no beat i can sing it wit piano"

----Beyonce

U act like i just got up in it,been the number1 diva in this game for a minute

--------beyonce

Take you to another level no passengers on my plane
------Beyonce

...but she crossed the line with "I can do for you what Martin did for the people".

However, both "Diva" and "Upgrade u" was written by Sean Garrett.

...but she crossed the line with "I can do for you what Martin did for the people".

i know. upgrade u is 1 of my favorite beyonce songs lol. most of her songs are written by other pple,she just gets writers credit,but when she says those lines she owns them and u can tell she means it lol. i love her ass

BruceWayne;1899061[B said:
]...but she crossed the line with "I can do for you what Martin did for the people".[/B]

Possibly one of the dumbest and most egotistical lines i've ever heard in a song. "Upgrade U" overall was not as bad "Diva" though. Diva=one of the worst songs ever. What was B thinking when she decided to sing that mess? lol

Possibly one of the dumbest and most egotistical lines i've ever heard in a song. "Upgrade U" overall was not as bad "Diva" though. Diva=one of the worst songs ever. What was B thinking when she decided to sing that mess? lol

I agree with you, Diva was a terrible song as well as Video Phone.

I am a survivor. I am like a cockroach, you just can't get rid of me. ~ Madonna

I was an overnight sensation. ~ Elvis Presley

I'm not going to be joining ZZ Top. You know they can't play my stuff. It's too complicated. ~ James Brown

Here's one from Janet (Today Show Interview):

Matt Lauer: you are out there, you're gonna release this music and you're gonna compete with a lot of ppl like Beyonce, and Shakira, and Christina Aguilera. At 40, how much pressure do you feel when you release a new album?

Janet: I don't feel any pressure at all. I've been in this game for 20 years....plus. So, uh, I think uh, where all of them are, and where they're going I've already been.

Here's one from Janet (Today Show Interview):

Matt Lauer: you are out there, you're gonna release this music and you're gonna compete with a lot of ppl like Beyonce, and Shakira, and Christina Aguilera. At 40, how much pressure do you feel when you release a new album?

Janet: I don't feel any pressure at all. I've been in this game for 20 years....plus. So, uh, I think uh, where all of them are, and where they're going I've already been.

That was that one interview I cringe whenever someone interviews Janet, lol. You can tell Janet was not feeling like talking to Matt. :lol:

I don't know if this was already posted, but I just found it today and thought it was pretty arrogant to say. I love James Brown, and all of his music. I love his dancing, his creativity, his innovation. Absolutely love it, but he doesn't compare to the baroque, classical, romantic and 20th cent. musicians of the millennium. He's not even in the same category.

“I've outdone anyone you can name - Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Strauss. Irving Berlin, he wrote 1,001 tunes. I wrote 5,500.” JB

Well, MTV told Michael that he was recieving the "artist of the millenium" award. Then when he came to accept it, they pulled it from their website and told the press that they didn't know what Michael was talking about. So Michael wasn't wrong. MTV just decided to fu*k with him like the complete loser bastards they are.

that's f*cked up...why would they do that?

Man, I can't stand Beyonce. I saw an interview with her the day before she played a concert in my city, about a couple of weeks ago, and I just thought: SHUT UP! She was talking as if she was the biggest star in the world and the ultimate legend, saying stuff like her music will be remembered in decades. I don't think so. When she played the concert, the venue was 2/3 empty.

Yeah that's what I meant. :lol: Her songs were written by others anyway, you know she takes credit for changing a line. :lol:

lmao i know right. daddy knowles dont play lmao he make sure she gets her writers credit lmao

I left school at 17 and was a star by the time I was 18 - in certain parts of the world anyway. ~ George Michael

The whole business is built on ego, vanity, self-satisfaction, and it's total crap to pretend it's not. ~ George Michael

You've got the sun, you've got the moon, and you've got the Rolling Stones. ~ Keith Richards

I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary. ~ Billy Joel

Most of the quotes on the first page were said in humour... they're cocky but they're a piss take. I love the Oasis quote, Noel is always stirring the pot.

Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? ~ Prince

But ya know what, I am a part of something that happened. I'm a part of the music that happened. My voice is one more instrument, is what it is. ~ Waylon Jennings

it wasn't the artist of the millennium award but the cake for his birthday.
so, in a way Michael was wrong, not his fault of course.

So it's not true that he got the Artist of The Millennium Award, but even if he did, it wouldn't be arrogant , the statement about it.

Get it? :)

I still believe he was set up though. He had a piece of paper with him with a list of people to thank. So he must have been told he was getting an award. Hes not stupid.

Oh and you dont need a quote from Michael. Just watch the end of any HIStory Concert :p haha

He wasnt arrogant though, he knew how big he was and I guess was creating this larger than life 'gimmick' for himself. Its genius though.

I still believe he was set up though. He had a piece of paper with him with a list of people to thank. So he must have been told he was getting an award. Hes not stupid.

Oh and you dont need a quote from Michael. Just watch the end of any HIStory Concert :p haha

He wasnt arrogant though, he knew how big he was and I guess was creating this larger than life 'gimmick' for himself. Its genius though.

Yeah I think he was set up too. They just happened to have a trophy-looking treble clef sitting there for no reason? And as you said, he had a thank you note. That still makes me angry. I was raging when MTV started saying there was no award and then all the jokes started :perrin

Ya know, if it was an accident, it would have leaked somehow. It wouldn't have been an official MTV statement.

Beyonce' comes across as being arrogant at times..especially what she said in that quote about the Jacksons..

There was an interview with Kanye West regarding working on Thriller 25, and he basically implied that he was "better" than MJ.

But I can't remember what he said exactly.

Luke Skyywalker

If it wasn't for 2 Live Crew, videos wouldn't look like they do and rappers wouldn't sound like they do. ~ Luke Campbell

"We all have our limitations... we all know that there's so many things you can't do,? but I mean I don't want some asshole critic to tell me that" - Freddie Mercury

Back