Cocky quotes from musicians

I think Michael mistook it for the Artist of the Century award, but I'm not sure. And I think the poster alluded to it being some sort of a Freudian slip. But instead of latching on to every crumb of possible hints or clues of cocky quotes, cocky quotes alone should be posted, as the title indicates.

i got one haha

"I've done too many stupid things for there not to be movies made about me when I'm dead, so I might as well write the script."
George Michael

I am one of the kings in this game and my opinion counts, that's why I did a song with T-Pain. ~ Kanye West

"We're not arrogant. We just believe we're the best band in the world."
-- Noel Gallagher of Oasis

"I'm the No. 1 artist in the world right now ... I am the No. 1 human being in music."
-- Kanye West

"We're more popular than Jesus now."
-- John Lennon

"Every other band should be wiping my ass. The line forms over there to the left."
-- Gene Simmons

"I am the innovator. I am the originator. I am the emancipator. I am the architect of rock 'n' roll!"
-- Little Richard

"I'm gonna go down in history as being one of the best music men and businessmen in entertainment ... The people that I'm going to be greater than are Steven Spielberg, David Geffen and Clive Davis."
-- Diddy

"In this world, I call the shots and I think I know best."
-- Mariah Carey

"I've outdone anyone you can name -- Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Strauss. Irving Berlin, he wrote 1,001 tunes. I wrote 5,500."
-- James Brown

"I'm not a woman. I'm a force of nature."
-- Courtney Love

"If you put a Van Halen album in your record collection it will melt all the rest of your records."
-- David Lee Roth

"Trying to seduce an audience is the basis of rock 'n' roll, and if I may say so, I'm pretty good at it."
-- Jon Bon Jovi

"I'm tired of people calling me a devil worshipper ... Because if the Devil did exist, he'd be worshipping me."
-- Marilyn Manson

"I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend."
-- Freddie Mercury

"I am a thing of beauty."
-- Frank Sinatra

"The Grammys used me for ratings. And they were up 18 percent!"
-- Justin Timberlake

"I am the most well-known homosexual in the world."
-- Elton John

"I won't be happy until I'm as famous as God."
-- Madonna

"This album is one of the best albums in the past 20 years."
-- Brandon Flowers of the Killers on 'Sam's Town'

"We're kind of an international phenomenon."
-- Michael Stipe

"I have a look that girls want to copy."
-- Avril Lavigne

know of any more?....

i don't know if it's intended..but it sounds less arrogant when people like Noel and Mariah say the BELIEVE or..they THINK...but..yeah..lol

It's just about image and attention, it's showbusiness after all.

And I don't see how any of these quotes can be worse than having a several foot high statue of yourself erected in Eastern Europe. ;)

i don't think he did that on his own..and if he didn't somebody else wouldve..i don't think that's arrogant...and it can be compared to him accepting artist of the millenium award. if he accepts it, does that make him arrogant? especially since his career backs it up? it's amazing how arrogant comments are more acceptable coming from other artists, but if MJ even so much as acknowledges that he is good..he is immediately deemed as arrogant...

Last edited:
what's not true?

it wasn't the artist of the millennium award but the cake for his birthday.
so, in a way Michael was wrong, not his fault of course.

So it's not true that he got the Artist of The Millennium Award, but even if he did, it wouldn't be arrogant , the statement about it.

Get it? :)

"People hated Creed. They don't hate us. At worst, they just don't really like us. Creed ... had that attitude, they pontificated about how great they were, they had a horribly generic band. They were easy to hate and we're just, you know, easy to disregard."
--Adam Levine from Maroon 5

"I have a look that girls want to copy."
-- Avril Lavigne

"We're kind of an international phenomenon."
-- Michael Stipe

"This album is one of the best albums in the past 20 years."
-- Brandon Flowers of the Killers on 'Sam's Town'

"I won't be happy until I'm as famous as God."
-- Madonna

"I am the most well-known homosexual in the world."
-- Elton John

"The Grammys used me for ratings. And they were up 18 percent
!-- Justin Timberlake

"I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend."
-- Freddie Mercury

"Trying to seduce an audience is the basis of rock 'n' roll, and if I may say so, I'm pretty good at it."
-- Jon Bon Jovi

"If you put a Van Halen album in your record collection it will melt all the rest of your records."
-- David Lee Roth

"In this world, I call the shots and I think I know best."
-- Mariah Carey

"I'm gonna go down in history as being one of the best music men and businessmen in entertainment ... The people that I'm going to be greater than are Steven Spielberg, David Geffen and Clive Davis."
-- Diddy

"I am the innovator. I am the originator. I am the emancipator. I am the architect of rock 'n' roll!"
-- Little Richard

"Every other band should be wiping my ass. The line forms over there to the left."
-- Gene Simmons

Cocky lines rule. Unless they're really fruity like that hippie ass U2 quote. Who talks like that?

I can't stand Bono, lol. He seems like such an arrogant ass.

Some of these quotes are laughable. Kanye West and Diddy in particular sound like raving, dillusional lunatics, lol. Niether of those two have any kind of substantial talent.

Bragging is only attractive if it's done in a comical fashion AND/OR backed up. If you are truly great and you know yourself to be great, you shouldn't have to constantly remind other people of it. It shows insecurity and disbelife in yourself. That's why half of these people sound moronic. The ones that backed it up, however, like Freddy Mercury, that makes you smile. Because even though its cocky, you know its true, so it doesn't matter.

It's stupid to bring Michael in to this, by the way, since he's never acted or spoken of himself in a bragadocious manner, even though, Lord knows, he would be justified in doing so since he's more talented then anybody. The statue thing was promotion for an album.

A lot of these quotes are just musicians being interviewed and talking about themselves with no particular purpose.

Wasn't there the one where john lennon said that the beatles were bigger than jesus?
That line was taken out of context. If people read the entire interview, it wasn't being cocky. It was originally an interview John gave to a British magazine. An American teen mag just took that one part and stuck it in their issue, and the bible belt people got mad and set Beatle records, posters, dolls, etc on fire. In Texas, the Beatles plane was shot at when they were taking off.

it wasn't the artist of the millennium award but the cake for his birthday.
so, in a way Michael was wrong, not his fault of course.

So it's not true that he got the Artist of The Millennium Award, but even if he did, it wouldn't be arrogant , the statement about it.

Get it? :)

Well, MTV told Michael that he was recieving the "artist of the millenium" award. Then when he came to accept it, they pulled it from their website and told the press that they didn't know what Michael was talking about. So Michael wasn't wrong. MTV just decided to fu*k with him like the complete loser bastards they are.

We were five heterosexual, good-looking men. We competed against each other for the sexiest girls... I won. ~ Simon LeBon

Every time I see Kanye West doing an interview he's always saying something arrogant and going on about how he's 'it', the man is talented but he needs to practice something called 'modesty'.

^South Park's recent Kanye West episode really put him in his place! (And was hilarious at the same time :toofunny: )

^South Park's recent Kanye West episode really put him in his place! (And was hilarious at the same time :toofunny: )

I've not seen it but I'm sure it was funny :lol:

I won't apologize for ticket prices. I think we're well worth it. We consider ourselves in the elite touring acts, like the Stones, Elton John, Paul McCartney. ~ Glenn Frey

"ego so big, u must admit, i got every reason to feel like im that bitch,ego so strong if u aint know i dont need no beat i can sing it wit piano"

----Beyonce

U act like i just got up in it,been the number1 diva in this game for a minute

--------beyonce

Take you to another level no passengers on my plane
------Beyonce

Last edited:
Back