Comedians who make sick jokes about Michael

I think a person being a 'punchline' just because they are an easy target is exactly why comedians feel its okay to do so, and its exactly why the concept of bullying is so accepted in our society. I'm not saying the comedians are at fault, but society is at fault, and comedians not recognizing the problem - they're just feeding into the societal norm, and its a continuous cycle.

Joking about a man hanging out with kids and that being strange is one thing, but jumping the conclusion that its CRIMINAL and joking about THAT is another thing. The person shouldnt be a punchline. Because someone is who he is shouldn't be the REASON why everyone should make fun of that person. The punchline should be the punchline because it is funny. The best jokes about people to me are those in which the person its talking about can laugh along with. Thats when you know its undeniably funny because even the person it is about can laugh.

For instance, yes I admit - MJ's high pitched (well, perceived) voice is strange. Chris tucker made fun of it ALL the time, in front of MJ's face. So did Eddie Murphy. That MJ can laugh at - he knows whats up lol Talking about someone's personal struggle with drug addiction, or serious child molestation charges, or skin disease especially if its in a bullying spirit and not at all clever or respectful - just no. Its not funny and its not right.

In fact I can think of one skit that made fun of MJ's 'weirdness' (again i HATE using that word because its a societal term that is just wrong, he's only 'weird' because we aren't in his shoes, as with anyone - and its often thrown around because no one takes the time to practice compassion or understanding, they just go with the herd) - that had me rolling on the floor laughing. As many skits as MadTV did that WERE very disrespectful, this one they got right:

I mean unintentionally this skit humanizes MJ, kinda saying that one day MJ would have 'snapped' with all of the nasty talk about him lol That concept in and of itself is funny. Using his relation to kids as a comedic touch with him having an absurd army of them. And the whole "you're an adult you'll be killed too!" "(immediately) No I'm not I'm 12. I AM 12!" LMAO Even as a fan that had me cracking up because come on, even MJ himself could laugh at that considering he's said something similar in an interview outright lol. I honestly think its one of the best skits done involving MJ (outside of the whole VH1 Man In The Mirror movie which was not meant to be a skit but it was SO BAD that it might as well had been one :p).

People forget MJ had a sense of humor too. He could laugh at himself. He did not take himself too seriously. But there are topics that are obviously not funny and ways to go about humor that are obviously not funny and equate to bullying , not comedy.

Last edited:
I think im gonna go all the way and post some funny stuff I've seen about MJ that I enjoy lol

Best part: "Slow down Tito, DAAAMN!"

And of course Kel Mitchell. That guy is a natural fool. This is his parody of Usher/R.Kelly's "Same Girl" video (which was played a bit in the beginning of this video).

Best parts: "No greasy meeeeeeeeeesss, no need to RE WET!"
And "Whats wrong Mike? What the hell you choo-cooin' 'bout?" LMAO
"Stop yellin and screamin at me I'm not billie jean!"
And theeen the whole solution of wearing a hat over it and Mike like "its obvious you f**ckin wit' me" LMAO

And the other kel mitchell video that satires MJ's whole 'short film' genre...right down to the sometimes cheesiness and the break down in the middle, and the pretty girl he's chasing after lol Plus GET A LOAD OF THAT WIG LMAO Wish I can find a better quality of it.

Best part: The "DANCE" solo in the middle omfg i died. In combo with the girl looking around like 'wtf is happening right now' and the random sound affects, like someone going "Michael!" just randomly lolol And of course the failed 'lean' attempt and him just darting off camera lmao

JohnC;4036098 said:
I've seen the Katt Williams bits, I don't think much of them, but there are clearly people out there who do. Jay Leno was nothing but his typical hack-garbage method of comedy. Robin Williams, on the other hand, was particularly funny and to some extent, clever. It was well thought-out and admirably constructed.

The issue that a lot of people have with art, is that it is so subjective that morality isn't really a factor. Reception changes that, of course, but not during its construction.

The more frightening part about when MJ fanatics bitch about people joking about Michael, is that they can't see why he is the punchline. The dude was weird. That's a fact. Even past the tabloid bullshit, you'd have to be pretty deluded not to acknowledge that. People aren't going to do the in-depth research that so many of us have, and we shouldn't expect them to.

Robin Williams made people happy with the joke he told about Michael. He took something that has cause people a lot of hurt and pain, reconstructed it and satirised it into something that briefly brought joy to people. Comedy is a beautiful thing. And that's exactly why I believe anything can explored through this wonderful vessel of free speech.

Would I have take the path Robin did with that kind of material? No. But I've talked and written about some very contentious thing, including depression and suicide, and there are plenty of people who would take issue with that even before I've gotten to the punchline.

As an MJ fan you don't find it offensive that he said that, He was guilty of all the charges brought against him and that he was in fact so guilty that after the trial he fled the country out of shame and that he wanted to be a white woman all his life and that's why he got a woman's "pork Face", and that he was a nasty M********er, and that he spent his time after the trial in exile in a country where he was allowed to pick up children like they were flowers in a garden, and that he wasn't a black man that's why he "named" his son blanket cause not a single black man would have done that.

You honestly looked at that video and dismissed it like it was nothing? That ain't even a stand up anymore that's just somebody attacking another person while perpetuating lies. Katt Williams was straight up ignorant and stupid for saying those things.

"Robin Williams made people happy with the joke he told about Michael. He took something that has cause people a lot of hurt and pain, reconstructed it and satirised it into something that briefly brought joy to people."

Yeah at Michael's expense of course. In all honesty i really don't care about what he said because it is not like i held him up to a higher standard or on a higher moral ground, people take cheap shot all the times. I even saw on Facebook that someone modified the thriller picture where it says, "i only came for the comments" to " I only came for the com… let's be honest bring me the kids." That's funny to you as well right? As long as it provoked a couple of likes and "haha's" it's all well and fine. Let's use "he was weird" as a subterfuge to demoralize and vilify a person that was already ridiculed for the most part of his life to the point that his own kid's wasn't even allowed to watch teve. Well it is what it is. different opinions i guess.

Last edited:
Katt Williams is overall an illiterate bastard. I'm just commenting this on his disgusting "jokes" about Michael but him as a "comedian" in general. I don't get how he can have fans because he doesn't only tell lies but idiocies after idiocies. His routine about Michael made furious and the other two I saw by chance about evolution and atheism made cringe also and losing brain cells while listening.

When I found out the "jokes" Robin Williams made over the years were cruel, insensitive and wasn't even comedy, it was bullying. However Katt is worse than Robin, I give him that. Katt's comments were mean spirited.

I didn't get why some people were offended when I called out Robin for all the cruel and insensitive stuff he said about Michael the day he died. Anyone who messes with Michael will hear from me, I don't care who they are and if they died on Monday. My loyalty lies with him first.

KAt williams was never funny to me and I don't even know what he said about MJ. I've just seen some of his comedy routines and saw he had that obnoxious kinda humor that just wasn't for me.

I've laughed at a few Michael Jackson things-I loved Eddie Murphy's skit where he acted out "She's Out of My Life" and said the girls all love Michael because he's "so sensitive" and "Tito, get me a tissue"-but that's laughing along with Michael and his act, not at him. I love Steve Martin's parody of "Billie Jean" way back when-in fact, I saw that before I ever saw the REAL video of "Billie Jean"-if I could figure out how to embed a video like you guys, I would post it.

Comedy, obviously like music, is subjective. When I was a child, Don Rickles was famous for making fun of people-he was about the only one-and even though I was a kid, I didn't like it and I didn't like him. Joan Rivers is the same way to me-she actually used to be pretty funny-a LONG time ago. Now she's just mean and disgusting.
I don't appreciate any comedy that is at the expense of any other person-that's why I have always liked Ellen DeGeneres; however, she disappointed me tremendously with her crack at Liza Minnelli at the Oscars. She knew that joke fell flat and she could have recovered and didn't-that was uncalled for. (I'm a major Liza fan-I took offense.)

What do you think of Tracy Morgan ? He is a huge fan of Michael supposedly , but by far told some of the most horrendous jokes about him in the past.. The insensitivity and delivery was as bad or worse than Katt and Chris Rock IMO. It wasnt even funny at all and far surpassed Robin Williams little skit. I dont know if he ever said he has remorse for that or not.

Tracy Morgan - Don't Be Like Mike (stand up comedy pt.4)
Disclaimer terrible words and language
http://youtu.be/DQATFC4UA1g

Is this Tracy Morgan guy really a huge fan, or is he just one of those people who only knows Thriller, Billie Jean and Beat It? I've seen lots of people claim to be huge fans but then can't name anything beyond Thriller

Oh dear. Its all funny or none of it is. Period. You can't get all uppity about someone making a joke about Michael and then laugh at another joke. Guaranteed that something you find funny will insult someone somewhere. That is just the way it is. The South Park philosophy is the best, and I'll say it again, IT'S ALL FUNNY OR NONE OF IT IS! You can choose not to laugh at certain jokes yourself and that is fine, but don;t go getting all insulted and pissed off about it, its just not worth it.

The primary problem a lot of people have with comedy, is that as soon as particular words are mentioned (like, 'rape' or 'suicide') they automatically take the stance that the joke is intended to be derogatory of solely offensive. This is not the case. Satire and parody are both fundamental techniques of rationalising or understanding certain scenarios. One that is commonly misunderstood by MJ crazies is the infamous South Park episode, which was more an send up on the mistreatment of black people by law enforcement organisations.

And before anyone get on their moral high-horse in an attempt to make some frivolous debate, I am a writer and a comedian, I have a fairly good idea what I'm talking about.

MJ was fair game for jokes.

Had far to many arguments with fans about that episode. I actually love it. Makes me crease up every time. People miss the points of it, raising the racism in policing issue and also Michael parenting techniques. Two very true and valid points.

That South Park episode came across as being more supportive towards Michael. In it's own South Park way of course. If anything that episode made more fun of Tom Sneddon

Family Guy has been much more cruel to MJ

Last edited:
Is this Tracy Morgan guy really a huge fan, or is he just one of those people who only knows Thriller, Billie Jean and Beat It? I've seen lots of people claim to be huge fans but then can't name anything beyond Thriller

He seems to be a pretty big fan. I remember this one clip of when Alec Baldwin was on a talk show talking about when Tracy was watching some old Jackson 5 stuff -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwtO_g-0pS0

Any joke that has to do with Michael in some way. I don't find funny at all. Those jokes that Robin Williams made about him. Had put me off of liking him. And I used to be a fan of his at one time. Now I just plain hate him. Though I will admit all the jokes that the tv show In Living Color did of Michael I had found them very funny. But I was only in my early teens back then. So what did I know back then. But now I do not find them funny at all. And I realized just how wrong I was to even find them funny. Any MJ related joke I will not find funny at all. Unless it is someone imitating him like Shahrukh Khan did in his 2 movies One 2 Ka 4 and Ra One. But he is a fellow MJ fan so it was ok for him to do that. Him imitating Michael in Ra One I just found so extremely funny.

That South Park episode came across as being more supportive towards Michael. In it's own South Park way of course. If anything that episode made more fun of Tom Sneddon

Family Guy has been much more cruel to MJ

Yeah, to be honest South Park's parody of MJ was quite supportive of him at a time when it was quite popular to hate on him. I listened to the commentary of that episode and even Matt and Trey (the creators) admitted they didn't want to make fun of him because it was "too easy". They ended up only doing it because they were exhausted and had few other ideas at the time (they work on an incredibly tight schedule - 6 days to from writing to airing the show. For comparison, it's 6-9 months for FG/The Simpsons).

Anyhow, while there are a few plastic surgery jokes at the end of the episode (it's South Park, whadda ya expect?), the majority of the episode focuses on how the police try to frame MJ for a crime - simply because he is black, not because he actually committed it. At one point too, Michael is about to kiss Cartman in bed when suddenly, it's revealed that it was all Stan's dream. Nothing more.

I mean, the creators of South Park basically just made a point (among others) that just because he is weird and does not conform to normality, doesn't make him a child molester. If anything, they rip on the prosecutor's more than Michael himself.

When it comes to parodies of/about Michael (especially in the 2000s), it's certainly one of the best out there.

Comedians like Joan Rivers and others who make their living being nasty, evil and cruel have never been funny to me. They are praised and paid to bully and belittle others and we wonder why kids think its okay to be so mean and disrespectful on social media. Sad...

Comedians like Joan Rivers and others who make their living being nasty, evil and cruel have never been funny to me. They are praised and paid to bully and belittle others and we wonder why kids think its okay to be so mean and disrespectful on social media. Sad...

I watched her show a few weeks ago, the one were they critique celebrities fashion choices. Way too much of a tryhard. What was actually funny however is that most of the people they criticised were dressed way better than they were.

The SP episode they did in 2009 wasn't supportive in any way. They took the cheap shot by saying Michael always wanted to be a little girl competing in beauty pageants. It really looked Matt and Tray run out ideas tbh and it wasn't funny.

Joan Rivers, aka the bride of Frankenstein, what a nasty hag. She basically insults everybody, how can that be comedy? She's bashed Michael's appearance for years and her face looks like she was run out by a car.

The SP episode they did in 2009 wasn't supportive in any way. They took the cheap shot by saying Michael always wanted to be a little girl competing in beauty pageants. It really looked Matt and Tray run out ideas tbh and it wasn't funny.

Oh yeah, the 2009 episode. I agree with you on that.

No fan of MJ insults him
Michael was beyond stupid and irresponsible for holding his kid over a balcony.

Oh, well. I guess I'm no longer an MJ fan. Good think I can still claim rationality.

Yuck, I never thought she was funny, even when I was a kid (70s). Another thing I've noticed about her is she can't take it as well as she dishes it out. I think it was a couple of months ago when she walked out of an interview on CNN or Fox News when the anchor asked her about still wearing fur while claiming to be anti-animal cruelty. She got mad, whined about being 'attacked' by the news anchor, then removed her mic and left!

What a bitch! Her "humor" turned even more bitter after her husband committed suicide decades ago.

Yes, the Jeffersons episode was OK, even supportive of MJ in its own SP way. I was even surprised knowing how cruel SP can be to celebrities.
But the 2009 episode "made up for that" - that was pretty bad. To be honest that's why I stopped watching SP. I had no problem with the Jeffersons episode (esp. knowing what SP generally is like), but I did with the episode from 2009.

Michael was beyond stupid and irresponsible for holding his kid over a balcony.

Oh, well. I guess I'm no longer an MJ fan. Good think I can still claim rationality.

Huh? Who said anything about holding his kid over a balcony being OK?

Huh? Who said anything about holding his kid over a balcony being OK?
Michael? His legions of mindless fans?

I'm simply making a point. There are a lot of people, particularly worse on this forum than others, that believe Michael is above criticisms and insults. I'm simply using a single example where that is not the case.

I'm simply making a point. There are a lot of people, particularly worse on this forum than others, that believe Michael is above criticisms and insults. I'm simply using a single example where that is not the case.

IIRC Michael acknowledged it was not OK. And I don't know of "legions of fans" who find it OK either. Most I know of ackowledge it was wrong and a bad lapse in his judgement. So the point you are trying to make actually looks like a straw-man to me.

Also insults are not = fair criticism. There is criticism of Michael which is definitely fair, but a lot of these comedians mentioned in this thread overstepped the line from fair criticism to insults and downright bullying. And even from the POV of the comedy itself: I personally do not find a joke funny when it's told over and over and over again. It becomes old and boring. That happened to a lot of these MJ "jokes" too. How clever and original you are as a comedian when you are the millionth person to tell a child molestation "joke" on MJ or you are the millionth person to joke about him wanting to become a white woman?

Last edited:
Also insults are not = fair criticism.
Well, we clearly disagree in this respect.

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions."
- Thomas Jefferson

And even from the POV of the comedy itself: I personally do not find a joke funny when it's told over and over and over again. It becomes old and boring. That happened to a lot of these MJ "jokes" too. How clever and original you are as a comedian when you are the millionth person to tell a child molestation "joke" on MJ or you are the millionth person to joke about him wanting to become a white woman?

Agree, I can appreciate cleverly executed joke but these kind of jokes are so played out.

On an unrelated note, both sides of the extreme are equally as bad to me. The fans that think Michael is perfect and never made a mistake in his life annoy me just as much as the fans that try to claim they are "keeping it real" by nitpicking every single flaw to the point of dehumanizing him.:burstbubble Thinking a joke is funny/unfunny doesn't have to result in insulting/shaming someone for not sharing your brand of humor.

Agree, I can appreciate cleverly executed joke but these kind of jokes are so played out.

On an unrelated note, both sides of the extreme are equally as bad to me. The fans that think Michael is perfect and never made a mistake in his life annoy me just as much as the fans that try to claim they are "keeping it real" by nitpicking every single flaw to the point of dehumanizing him.:burstbubble Thinking a joke is funny/unfunny doesn't have to result in insulting/shaming someone for not sharing your brand of humor.

There's a certain ''fan'' forum that does that. I won't name name's but I think most of you will know what I'm talking about

Michael said it was OK? do you have to resort to lying to make a point ?

What are you doing here with his legions of mindless fans? This is not a place where your " intelligence " and "rationality" will be appreciated. Stick to TMZ, lipstick alley...etc there you can hide behind your screen and spew hate and ignorance under the disguise of being funny as much as you want. You will feel welcomed by bullies who enjoy judging , insulting , leaving hateful and nasty comments on every person to feel good about themselves. No one comes to defend bullies, and those who make a living of making others life a living hell, unless he/she is doing the same.

Back