Complete new bridges sung by Michael... here listen "For All Time"!

I could be wrong but were'nt those the lyrics that Enrico posted.
Nope. We're speaking about the lyrics to the new bridge.:p

[...]
Moon shines down on this good evening
One warm kiss in the cold night air
For this good love I'm receiving
I’ll go anywhere
Just as long as you are there

And maybe the walls will tumble
And sun refuse to shine
When I say, I love you
Baby you gotta know
(That's for all time)
Baby you gotta know
(That's for all time)

[new unheard bridge]

All these words got young lovers say

And maybe the walls will crumble
And the sun refuse to shine
When I say, I need you
Baby you gotta know
(That's for all time)
Baby you gotta know
(That's for all time)

Thanks for that Enrico. Now I can go back and use it as my idiots guide to learning what a bridge is.

Please tell me those are NEW vocals. :eek:

I wish we never heard the leaked version that was on the net, because this finished one could have been amazing for his new album.

link
Song structure popular music - Bridge: Encyclopedia II - Song structure popular music - Bridge

In song writing, a bridge is an interlude that connects two parts of that song, building a harmonic connection between those parts. If when you expect a verse or a chorus you get something that is musically and lyrically different from both verse and chorus then that's the bridge. Normally you should have heard the verse at least twice. The bridge may then replace the 3rd verse or follow it thus delaying the chorus. In both cases it leads into the chorus. ...

Let's see the music structure of For All Time:

For All time

Verse 1
Sun comes up on this new mornin’
Shiftin’ shadows a songbird sings
And if these words could keep you happy
I’d do anything

Verse 2
And if you feel alone I’ll be your shoulder
With the tender touch you know so well
Somebody once said it’s the soul that matters
Baby who can really tell when two hearts belong so well

Chorus 1
And maybe the walls will tumble
And sun refuse to shine
When I say I love you
Baby you gotta know
(That's for all time)
Baby you gotta know
(That's for all time)

Verse 3
Moon shines down on this good evening
One warm kiss in the cold night air
For this good love I'm receiving
I’ll go anywhere Just as long as you are there

(repeat chorus 1)

[unheard bridge, clearly different from verses since different melodic structure and Michael sings with background vocals]

All these words got young lovers say

Chorus 2*
And sun refuse to shine
When I say, I need you
Baby you gotta know
(That's for all time)
Baby you gotta know
(That's for all time)

adlibs
Say that you never know
(That's for all time)
Baby you gotta know
(That's for all time)
Baby you gotta know
(That's for all time)
Baby you gotta know
(That's for all time)
(Know that's for all time)
(Know that's for all time)
Say that you never know
(That's for all time)
Baby you gotta know
(That's for all time)

* Chorus 2 is technically different from Chorus 1 'cause Michael sings "walls will crumble" instead of "walls will tumble" (same difference also in prev. leaked version) and there are also 'double' Michael's vocals on higher tone, unheard on previously leaked version.

And sun refuse to shine
When I say I need you (

Last edited:
I can't hear Michael in the bridge but will suffer through Blondie and Ken one more time to see if I can pick it out.

It is great to finally know what peeps are talking about when referring to a bridge.

Boy do you have good ears to hear what you did in the chorus.

Thanks for the link! I just fell in love with this song all over again! :kickass2: LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

The line "I'll do anything" together with the melody and way it is sung is familiar to me but I can't place from where. Where else does Michael sing that? Wherever it is I think he repeats it more than here so I don't think it would be from a leaked version of For All Time.

To all of you wondering whether the vocals are new or not, I'm sorry to say that they're not. I wondered too because the track sounds so different from the leaked version but I just did a line for line comparison. Apart from possibly the bridge, the vocals are identical down to every little breath or grunt. I think some back up vocals may be new, but it's impossible to tell if they're truly new or just old ones that have been added.

So, basically same vocals we've already heard but 100 % crisper. I have to say that I love this.

To all of you wondering whether the vocals are new or not, I'm sorry to say that they're not. I wondered too because the track sounds so different from the leaked version but I just did a line for line comparison. Apart from possibly the bridge, the vocals are identical down to every little breath or grunt. I think some back up vocals may be new, but it's impossible to tell if they're truly new or just old ones that have been added.

So, basically same vocals we've already heard but 100 % crisper. I have to say that I love this.
Thank you for the analysis. You didn't happen to do one for WBSS to did you? lol To me that one is new but that is just because logically it would be less work to start from scratch since it is so different. PYT is another. The trouble is we don't know how many versions are in his vault and what they sound like. Is there possibly any contractual or legal reason he would have to stick to prerecorded material? It just seems like singing anew would be easier for some of this.

The song sounds much more crisp.. U can hear so much more vocal range and emotion..

That download is just a rip from the radio-quality version, hardly true 320kbps and not the full track (it ends and fades out prematurely). I think it'd be best to refrain from posting any downloads, personally. The radio offers listeners the chance to hear it legally, and we'll all get to hear the real CD-quality version in less than a month ;)

That download is just a rip from the radio-quality version, hardly true 320kbps and not the full track (it ends and fades out prematurely). I think it'd be best to refrain from posting any downloads, personally. The radio offers listeners the chance to hear it legally, and we'll all get to hear the real CD-quality version in less than a month ;)
Probably true. Do you think the radio station was cleared to play it? I mean it was prerelease. MIchael has us all (well me anyway) trained to be afraid if we aren't good he will take away our candy but maybe this was a planned leak. Just another tease; like that famous stripper, whatever her name was that would maybe only remove her boa and get the audience all worked up over it.

Last edited:
15*2 + 1 click 5 min = 17 + 5 = 22

Is it really easy to hear it!

My god. This sounds incedible. Michael did an amazing job touching this up.

Aww. I would if I could. I am probably worse at determining lyrics than your broken earpiece. lol

Besides, in spite of WBSS's explaination I still don't know what part the bridge is.

*feels really dumb*
I think you are from English country, English may be your first language

but I'm from Asia

come on, guys, you must be better than me!!

The bridge and some of the harmonies sound new to me- it's hard to tell. I can't wait to hear it on CD!!

Last edited:
I think you are from English country, English may be your first language

but I'm from Asia

come on, guys, you must be better than me!!
I'll try but there is one part I can't get:

Oh and on these quiet days
' ' the sun in me (?)
Oh the rain may wash away

All these words that young lovers say

the second line could be

'we're soaked in rain' the sun in me

but that doesn't make sense

Anyone else care to try it?

I'll try but there is one part I can't get:

Oh and on these quiet days
' ' the sun in me (?)
Oh the rain may wash away

All these words that young lovers say

the second line could be

'we're soaked in rain' the sun in me

but that doesn't make sense

Anyone else care to try it?

It sounds to me something like

"Oh, and On these quiet days, where souls embrace, so silently,

oh, the rain may wash away"

Last edited:
It sounds to me something like

"Oh, and On these quiet days, where souls embrace, so silently,

oh, the rain may wash away"
I think you are right. I did think I heard 'embrace' and I remember thinking I heard 'souls' as well but I could get the last part to go with it. I'll listen again but I am pretty sure you have it.:p

Yep. That's it. Now where did MkGenie go? lol

Last edited:
whatever it says.. lol! it sounds good

I think you are right. I did think I heard 'embrace' and I remember thinking I heard 'souls' as well but I could get the last part to go with it. I'll listen again but I am pretty sure you have it.:p

Yep. That's it. Now where did MkGenie go? lol
thank you so much

lol ^_^

Back