Complete new bridges sung by Michael... here listen "For All Time"!

For All Time 2008

(MOVED TO THIS THREAD)
Sorry if there's already a thread on this subject, I don't have time to search right now:)

But.. to all of you who heard For All Time.... they say the bridge features new vocals by Michael, do you think they are new 'new', I mean 2007-2008 vocals? Also... I think throughout the whole song there are new vocals, also in the ad lib and in the chorus, what do you think?

And one more question.... was For All Time really a Thriller demo? We all thought it was from the Dangerous sessions. Or did he maybe write this in the Thriller era and recorded the demo in the early 90s or late 80s:)

Maybe you can help me, thanks;)

Last edited:
Re: For All Time 2008

Nothings clear at the moment. But some fans are convinced the vocals are new, while others are sure they are from 1989. But I think most fans agree that it's not a Thriller out-take. It's just that all the Thriller out-takes are too unfinished to release. So they found probably the only good quality, finished out-take from MJ's whole collection that hasn't been released yet, and that was For All Time. They're disguising it was a Thriller out-take, but most MJ fans know it's actually from the Dangerous sessions.

I think "Nite Line" and "Hostreet" could have been released. The songs are complete. We have horrible sound quality on them, but I'm sure the master tapes have good sound quality. They released "Got The Hots" on the Japanses edition as well. "For All Time" is a "Dangerous" outtake, but perhaps it was written at the time "Thriller" came out and that's their justification. Its okay because its a great song and it sounds like a totally new song from the leaked version we have. Whether that's simply due to remastering or actually new vocals being layed down, who knows. We'll have to wait to read the credits inside the book.

Last edited:

Niteline is in my Download Thread, just here. :flowers:

There's a thread in the Thriller 25 section about it. I am pretty convinced that there are some new vocals. :yes:

Also, For All Time was written by Steve Porcaro (who wrote human Nature) so I am pretty sure it's a Thriller Era song, that he possibly re-recorded for Dangerous or Bad but it just didn't make it on either album....

I love FAT the version I heard before on youtube is different from the one on T-25 but I love them both. I am among the fans that think the bridge on T-25 version is new (07/08) . MJ's voice on the bridge is similar to my ears to his new voice on WBSS and TGIM remixes.

Although 'Nite line' and 'Hot street' are good songs I am glad that F.A.T is finally released. I prefer it to the two mentioned above.

I love For All Time and the vocals seem new to me but even if they aren't the song is brilliant, his voice is awesome!

I think "Nite Line" and "Hostreet" could have been released. The songs are complete. We have horrible sound quality on them, but I'm sure the master tapes have good sound quality. They released "Got The Hots" on the Japanses edition as well. "For All Time" is a "Dangerous" outtake, but perhaps it was written at the time "Thriller" came out and that's their justification. Its okay because its a great song and it sounds like a totally new song from the leaked version we have. Whether that's simply due to remastering or actually new vocals being layed down, who knows. We'll have to wait to read the credits inside the book.
Yeh, but do the master tapes exist anymore. It's not e en clear if those songs were recording in a studio. They sound like home recoding Michael did on a tape recorder when he was throwing around ideas. In that case they would be no master tapes. But with the Japanese and International releases, it should be switched around. Got the Hots should be released internationally and For All Time should be a bonus for Japan. Because Got the Hots is an actual Thriller out-take.

So, in the end, are there NEW vocals from Michael on this track ? Or is it just a better version of the first? (that we don't know when was recorded)
The album won't be out until February over here, so I haven't heard the song yet. :)

aren't there a clip of where you can hear it somewhere??? hmmm.. I think it was in the 25th forum or something .... :ninja:

Nothings clear at the moment. But some fans are convinced the vocals are new, while others are sure they are from 1989. But I think most fans agree that it's not a Thriller out-take. It's just that all the Thriller out-takes are too unfinished to release. So they found probably the only good quality, finished out-take from MJ's whole collection that hasn't been released yet, and that was For All Time. They're disguising it was a Thriller out-take, but most MJ fans know it's actually from the Dangerous sessions.

There're many finished Thriller tracks we do not know yet.

Yeh, but do the master tapes exist anymore. It's not e en clear if those songs were recording in a studio. They sound like home recoding Michael did on a tape recorder when he was throwing around ideas. In that case they would be no master tapes. But with the Japanese and International releases, it should be switched around. Got the Hots should be released internationally and For All Time should be a bonus for Japan. Because Got the Hots is an actual Thriller out-take.

Why shouldn't the master tapes exist anymore? Because you haven't listened to them?:lol:

Regarding For All Time: the vocals are IMO not new, as the vocals are % 99 the same, even the vocals on the bridge part are the same

You will see it says on Thriller 25 info, remixed and digitally mastered especially for thriller 25, i think Mikes been in studio to do this.

Terry

There're many finished Thriller tracks we do not know yet. Why shouldn't the master tapes exist anymore? Because you haven't listened to them?:lol:
Very true. :yes:

Regarding For All Time: the vocals are IMO not new, as the vocals are % 99 the same, even the vocals on the bridge part are the same

The bridge part sounds completely different to me. (even after comparing the 2 "versions" side by side) It's possible that they are vocals from another cut, but they sound new to me. :lol:

On the other hand, I have said that I don't think WBSS has new vocals at all, even though they were "confirmed" by Facebook... :unsure:

Sony should promote this song heavily so more people will get to hear it.
It's rare to hear such a beautiful song nowadays.

This new version is great, I always liked the song but the lead vocals on the chorus are so much clearer, the bridge part I havent heard before and more harmonies. It was worth sitting through the whole 39 minutes to get to it! I dont think these are Thriller era vocals though, its usually fairly easy to tell Michaels earlier vocals to his later ones, I think its Dangerous era.

Sony should promote this song heavily so more people will get to hear it.
It's rare to hear such a beautiful song nowadays.

I agree. To the general public, it would sound like a NEW song, and a damn good one too. Michael would have A LOT to win if this song got promotion.

I'd rather see For All Time getting promotion instead of WBSS.

I just found this new version on youtube.

It really sounds amazing :wub: I get the feeling that there are new vocals as well....but I might be wrong.

The link finally worked for me. I reeeally love that song!! It is SOOO beautiful!! One of the best love songs ever written! And Michael sounds great!!! Loove it! :)

I think he has re-recorded it recently, because he used to sing 'for this good lovin' I'm receiving' and now it's just 'for this good love' and he also does some great voice-acrobatics and sings way lower than he would have ever done in the Dangerous era; very low, deep and spine-chilling! and those vocal things he does, nobody did them around 1989, it is something that has recently got into fashion, like in the Mariah era, but that is my opinion :) ANYWAY, THE SONG IS GREAT!!! I'm so falling in love with Michael all over again, wow!!!

Those sound like studio recordings to me. They're actually very clean and polished sounding if you eleminate the muffled, scratching sounds.

Why is this stream allowed but when I ripped this stream and made it available to d/l, the link was deleted? Anyone can rip a stream and keep it for themselves. Seems hypocritical being as this is still going to be commercially available.

I also found the song on You Tube. It does sound better than the original version. More clearer and sounds like some stuff added to it.

Michael should make a video to this song and release it on the radio. This WILL be a number 1 hit if it's released!!!

Back