Complete new bridges sung by Michael... here listen "For All Time"!

That's from Bruce Swedien (MJ's audio engineer). Bruce has very creative ideas on recording voices/instruments. He's responsible for all the magic since Off The Wall:yes:

Actually, that was Rodney Jerkins speaking about how Michael would use differing kinds of mics for the recording sessions of "Invincible" and different techniques to record the vocals, such as standing across the room from the mic. Bruce isn't responsible for all of the magic, just some of it. Michael's at the center, Michael's responsible for most of it and it's always been his vocal and percussion arrangements that have impressed me the most.

All of the vocals on this I think are from the late 80s, early 90s, whenever "For All Time" was recorded. He sounds sick!

But for "WBSS", I think those vocals are new, though I've only listened twice. It's hard to tell until I get to hear it in better quality. His voice remains youthful either way. Forever young, lol.

Wow! "For All Time" is becoming more and more beautiful!

I love what he's saying about souls embracing because they actually do. Especially, when you quietly stand and hold someone that you are in love with. :yes:

Nice touch, Michael. Very nice. :flowers:

I can't wait to get Thriller 25.

For All Time
(Revised lyrics)

Sun comes up on this new morning
Shifting shadows
The songbird sings
And if these words could keep you happy
I'd do anything

And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder
With a tender touch, you will know so well
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters
Baby, who can really tell
When two hearts belong so well

And maybe the walls will tumble
And the sun may refuse to shine
But, when I say I love you
Baby, you've gotta know
That's for all time
Baby, you've gotta know
That's for all time

Moon shines down on this good evening
One warm kiss in the cold night air
For this good love I'm receiving
I'd go anywhere
Just as long as you are there

And maybe the walls will tumble
But, when I say I love you
Baby, you've gotta know
That's for all time
Baby, you've gotta know
That's for all time

Oh, and on these quiet days
When souls embrace
So silently
Oh, the rain may wash away
All these words that young lovers say

And maybe the walls will crumble
But, when I say I need you
Baby, you've gotta know
That's for all time
Baby, you've gotta know
That's for all time

Say that you'll never go
That's for all time
Baby, you've gotta know
That's for all time
Baby, you've gotta know
That's for all time
Baby, you've gotta know
That's for all time
You put up your light
That's for all time
Baby, make me your man
That's for all time
Say that you'll never go
That's for all time
Baby, you never know
That's for all time

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the complete lyrics!

What a beautiful song! I can't get enough of it!

Alright here's my conclusion, I just listened to a reallly clear HQ version of the one that's been on the net for years & I listened to the new one! I think Michael re-recorded the whole song! I think he listened to the old version, then sang the main verses the same as he did on the original, & added instruments & resang the bridge. And the reason why I'm saying this is because in the old one, he doesn't sing the bridge hardly at all, like he doesn't know the words, he sort of mumbles certain parts (Kind of like on Fall Again) and in the new one he has little adlibs that he didn't before at the end of the verses and it actually sounds like he is singing the full chorus instead of letting the background vocals do the "That's For All Time" part! What I'm saying basically is, I think he actually went in & recorded the song again, I don't think it was just mixed by the recording studio!

I think he has actually done a lot more for this album, than some of us are giving him credit for!
Thank You, Michael! You are looking & sounding more incredible than ever! :D

Last edited:
oh man he sounds amazing!!!

Moon shines down on this good eveningggg
One warm kiss in the cold night aiiiiiiirrrrr
maybe the worlds will tumbleee.

i love how he sings the last word. it makes me melt..
are those new vocal?
it's brilliant.

I think only some of the vocals are new- I don't think the whole thing is new. He's definitely remastered the whole song- he's brought all his vocals forward so they are aren't hidden and more and I am pretty convinced the entire bridge is new. I still can't get enough of it! :wub:

I am soooo addicted to the new version of For All Time! I loved the old one and now this *sigh.. soooo amazing and fresh and clear. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I love the new parts in it too...it makes me so excited thinking that I MIGHT be hearing recent recordings of him hehe...his voice is the most soothing and amazing sound in the whole world:wub:.

I love this song, and it's way better than the version we all have. Michael's vocals are so much clearer :yes:

It is soooooooooooo beautiful, the lyrics, the melody and HIS VOICE!!! ahhh :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

It's is clear that he HAS re-recorded it...if you compare it to the old verison.

I love you for all time Michael :wub:

That new version of For All Time is better than the old one.New bridges and new vocals of MJ are awesome!

If somebody want new version please send me a PM^^

I loved this song anyway so when i heard it was going to be released i was happy, but this has made me estatic, the new version is soooooooo good, before i thought that "for all time" was one of michael's most romantic songs so it's even more romantic now with it in better quality. I can't wait to be able to play this over and over again and to have a copy. I hope other radio shows play it because it could be a very strong player on the charts

Hope this helps you guys..

It's a New Recording....

I sliced and listen to each part of the bridge, one after the other..

Things to take notice to....

* Michael does not fully sing the lyrics in the old one
* The old one has Michaels falsetto peaking out throughout the whole thing
* The old one is sang with ONE track, where as the new one is recorded in multiple tracks (layers) creating that 'choir' sound.
* In the new one you can SLIGHTLY hear Michael lower register coming in near the second half/end, while the first one is sang in falsetto the whole way

Listen, splice, compaire the two..

THE NEW ONE: http://youtube.com/watch?v=OvVWsdsE4ZY
THE OLD ONE: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YUswfxAkLME&feature=related

Last edited:

It's a New Recording....

* The old one is sang with ONE track, where as the new one is recorded in multiple tracks (layers) creating that 'choir' sound.
* In the new one you can SLIGHTLY hear Michael lower register coming in near the second half/end, while the first one is sang in falsetto the whole way

Even I can hear the difference.

It's a New Recording....

So you say that the vocals are new? I don't think so, not "2008 new" but surely it's different vocals. I think the version we heard before was the demo and this is a later version from around the Dangerous era.

So you say that the vocals are new? I don't think so, not "2008 new" but surely it's different vocals. I think the version we heard before was the demo and this is a later version from around the Dangerous era.
Whatever it is I think I am in love.:wub:

"For All Time" is heavenly. I love it. It's one of those love songs that will stay on your mind all day.

He's an amazing balladeer. A truly romantic one.
:wub:

The verse where he says, "One warm kiss in the cold night air," that's one of those kisses that takes a while.

He's telling on himself. He likes kissing beneath the moon and stars.
:yes:

Last edited:
The song is brilliant:) Thank you Michael, I love you for all time :wub:

Last edited:
I was told this was a newly recorded version. But some would say that it under gone TREMENDOUS digitally remastering surgery. The bridge had to be new, or something.

I must have clicked on something wrong, but when I visit that link, I get Stevie Wonder at around 1:39.

Back