Conrad Murray arraignment January 25th

spot the contridiction. murrays acting skills are his only defence. its all or nothing. cause he has no other defence witness that will justify his B.S

Glaring, is'nt it!

i doubt the medical boards will bother now seeing as the trial will start soon. bottom line if murray had killed any other celeb especially a loved white one u think he would still have his licence?. mj was treated like a sub human negro for most of his life in the usa so nothings going to change now

And thats the truth! if this had happened to one of America's beloved celebrities, that doctors license would've been revoked so damn quickly and no one would be looking to blame the victim!

The double standards when it comes to MJ are so ridiculous!

Glaring, is'nt it!

And thats the truth! if this had happened to one of America's beloved celebrities, that doctors license would've been revoked so damn quickly and no one would be looking to blame the victim!

yep.. I said that when it first happened. If this was Paul McCartney or even Madonna the doctor would not be practicing medicine right now and neither of them would be treated like the criminal instead of the victim

yep.. I said that when it first happened. If this was Paul McCartney or even Madonna the doctor would not be practicing medicine right now and neither of them would be treated like the criminal instead of the victim

^^You are right. I am glad this trial will take place before June and August. I need that closure. I am going to keep positive about the outcome to send Michael/jury/Proc a lot of positive energy.

Yeah! I also don't understand why the hell it's taking so long! Ain't that too obvious? HE IS GUILTY! What else do they need??

I agree with you, guys, when you say this is happening 'cause it's Michael Jackson... This is really really sad!

He's gonna be charged for involuntary manslaughter, then?? Is there any posibility that the charges will be increased??

I cleaned the thread, please let's not turn this to USA bashing.

Thank You Ivy. I just can't contribute to hating on any person of any country. I just can't sorry.

Glaring, is'nt it!

:no:

It is about People... What is in their hearts,their content,not race or country I thought this was 2011?

Lyn;3212727 said:
Is there any posibility that the charges will be increased??

From what I understand by reading around,the prosecution could still do it,but I doubt it will happen.
The feeling I get is they want to go the easy way : win the high profile case and save face,so everyone can go home and carry on with their lives...including the killer,sadly.
Here are some responses people got on a legal help site :
For how long can the prosecution change the charges against the defendant?
After the preliminary hearings, the defendant was ordered to stand trial on the charge of involuntary manslaughter. Before the second arraignment, there’s a period of time (15 calendar days) within which the prosecution can file additional charges – either extra, higher or lower charges. Can they change the charges against the defendant at trial too? Or can they file additional charges only before filing the new charging document called “information”, that is only by the end of those 15 calendar days?

Either there's a great interest from people posting questions about the Conrad Murray/Michael Jackson case or it's one person asking similar questions repeatedly.

The information can be amended at any time. Whatever charges are filed in an amended information must be supported by the evidence introduced at the preliminary hearing. If the charges were to be upgraded, the defense can challenge any charges (either the original or any amended ones) through a Penal Code section 995 motion.

Ordinarily, the prosecution files the top charges they think they have proven at preliminary hearing in the original information. It's rare that they would file a lower charge, then upgrade them later in the proceedings. If they did this, it could be seen as vindictive prosecution, depending on where in the proceedings this occurred.

It sounds as though you're hoping the prosecution will upgrade the charge to murder at some point in this case. If they had evidence sufficient to file murder charges and get past a judge at preliminary hearing, they would have done so long ago. The odds are overwhelming that the involuntary manslaughter charge against Conrad Murray will be the top charge he faces at trial.

Of course, should they discover evidence that strongly points toward a murder charge, they can always dismiss the case and refile murder charges, starting the process all over again. They can do that provided that jeopardy hasn't attached (essentially, before the jury is sworn).
http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/for-how-long-can-the-prosecution-change-the-charge-404442.html

A couple more :
http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/is-it-possible-to-be-prosecuted-for-two-counts-rel-403892.html
http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/in-california-can-a-involuntary-manslaughter-charg-403352.html

Re: The way Murray answered to the judge :puke: This monster has no shame.

Yesterday I got my copy of Conspiracy. I waited a long time to read this and right away it made me cry. I haven't finished it yet but it has brought back memories of that sad time for Michael. I hate the media and all they did and I hate what Michael had to got through.

Now this trial is happening and I feel scared about it all. I feel like the way Murray has been treated that Michael is the one going to be judged yet this sometime he isn't here to defend himself. I worry how the media will report this since we saw already in the pre-hearing the truth not being said and things twisted. I just hope and pray that the right outcome will come out of this. If he walks I really don't know how to deal with that.

I should be sleeping by now but something just hit me. Murray said he gave Michael 25 whatever grams of Propofol right? And Michael either drank or injected himself with the rest. So if Murray only gave Michael 25 whatever and according to him Michael drinked or gave himself the rest with a needle all within a matter of minutes how did propofol get in Michael's liver and his urine meaning Propofol had already been metabolized and was in his bladder ready to be realised and in his urine at the scene meaning some Propofol had already left his body? I am no doctor and I know almost next to nothing about how the body works but if no way in hell in the two minutes Murray was out of the room (which I don't believe he was) did Propofol in a matter of seconds managed to metabolize that fast no way in hell.

elusive moonwalker;3211450 said:
milk is the a term for diprivan that is used by medical professionals. all they are doing is creating another jesus juice senario. and once again how does that defend no monitoring equipment and being sat on the phone for hours on end? nothing but a diversion tactic when u have no defence. attack the vicitm.
Pace said:
THIS. Can somebody plaster that one all over the media???
THIS. THIS. And THIS. I'm so sick of hearing them talk like it was Michael's weird little secret name for it. Even in that video with Dr Sanjay Gupta on CNN the anesthesiologist refers to propofol as "milk of amnesia", a play on the words "milk of magnesia". It's a nickname for the stuff used by the doctors themselves, so not exactly something strange if you've heard them say it. It's likely you could end up calling it that yourself.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gMJsh0DWSy8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="480"></iframe>

ivy;3211863 said:
Pastor remarked on the rarity of a defendant invoking his speedy-trial right but set jury selection for March 28.The judge said his &#8220;inclination&#8221; was to allow television coverage of the trial, which the defense said was likely to last two months.
Wow, sounds like we could be on track for another June date. March 28 plus anywhere up to 4 weeks for jury selection, that's April. If the trial lasts two months... June. :mello:

xthunderx2;3212050 said:
I cannot believe that Texas and Vegas have not taken his license yet....he should not be allowed to practice. Not only that but HOW can he leave the state of California if he is out on bail.? I thought he had to stay in California .... Maybe IVY can answer this??
I don't understand this either. It had been reported by everyone that it's nearly an automatic that if a license is suspended for something like this in one state that the other states would follow suit. So how has this not happened?

March ... I thought it would be soon. By March it's been almost 2 years.

And I didn't follow that anymore (also didn't see any updates on that until now), so he still has his license in those 2 other states? How is that even possible? He did something that's so out of the ordinary, no one seems to realize that. You should lose your license if you give someone Propofol for insomnia (even at a hospital, not just at home, it's not for insomnia), even if the patient survives. It's like giving someone ... I don't know, Morphine for a headache instead of Aspirin. This is unreal.

I cant believe he does not have to be there because of work commitments :( The man does not deserve to work!!! Why is he getting such an easy ride in all this??? Makes me so angry...

Its all just a complete joke seems he has them wrapped round his fat fingers... He needs to work to pay his legal fees or he will cry that they are stopping him from being able to pay for his lawyers!! :doh: What murray wants Murray gets! :no:

Yeah who's paying to allow Murray to be allowed to be THAT f*******'n confident!!!!

It really does, and i hate to bring up 2005 but Murray has been treated like a king in comparison to how they treated Michael!!! It makes me wana screammmmmmmmmmmm and when all is said and done, what the worst thats gonna happen to him?? 4 years maximum which if i am honest i cant see happening and even if it does whats 4 years?????? 4 years for another human beings life!!! Its a completle shambles!!!!

I cannot believe that Texas and Vegas have not taken his license yet....he should not be allowed to practice. Not only that but HOW can he leave the state of California if he is out on bail.? I thought he had to stay in California .... Maybe IVY can answer this??

Thank you Ivy...I find that really stupid....the guy kills Michael Jackson and he is allowed to leave the state and go make money in another state. This really burns me up. Its NOT like he is making enough money at these practices to pay these high priced attorneys anyway. So someone else is paying for his defense.

This is what I don't get about him keeping his licence, We know that it was propofol overdose that killed Michael, and the judge has forbiden him to administer it to anyone or even to have it in his possession, ok well what about the Benzo's. These were administered incorrectely, each dose of all those different drugs were given too close together, and given on that timescale was extremely dangerous in itself.

Glaring, is'nt it!

I agree with you, guys, when you say this is happening 'cause it's Michael Jackson... This is really really sad!

I agree...These all posts are the best exemplification, that something is wrong here. These are my feelings...after that - :no:

and the saddest statement : 'cause it's Michael Jackson... :angry:

:(....
Macabre

I have nothing to add...:cry:

I should be sleeping by now but something just hit me. Murray said he gave Michael 25 whatever grams of Propofol right? And Michael either drank or injected himself with the rest. So if Murray only gave Michael 25 whatever and according to him Michael drinked or gave himself the rest with a needle all within a matter of minutes how did propofol get in Michael's liver and his urine meaning Propofol had already been metabolized and was in his bladder ready to be realised and in his urine at the scene meaning some Propofol had already left his body? I am no doctor and I know almost next to nothing about how the body works but if no way in hell in the two minutes Murray was out of the room (which I don't believe he was) did Propofol in a matter of seconds managed to metabolize that fast no way in hell.

You have to remember allot of Murray's defense require Michael to defy the laws of science. Like him being an addict yet all his organs are healthy and he somehow didn't noticed any addiction although he has been Michael's doctor since 2006.

Not to mention how Michael how got 'addicted' to Propofol by using it to sleep instead on feeling high on waking up, like every other person who formed a mental addiction to it. That along with rehearsing for 15 hours and him being blue while claiming it just happened.

Yeah, Michael was so special that the law of science meant nothing to him....

We already know that Murray can get 4 years max. That is a joke....a disgrace of the law.
All we are going to hear is more ridiculous stories about Michael...and I honestly don"t know how will that look. "....he asked for it...". And poor Murray just folowed Michael"s wishes.....we heard that.
Unbelivable, unbelivable.

very true. how much was found in the urine etc. more than 25 i presume

You have to remember allot of Murray's defense require Michael to defy the laws of science. Like him being an addict yet all his organs are healthy and he somehow didn't noticed any addiction although he has been Michael's doctor since 2006.

Not to mention how Michael how got 'addicted' to Propofol by using it to sleep instead on feeling high on waking up, like every other person who formed a mental addiction to it. That along with rehearsing for 15 hours and him being blue while claiming it just happened.

Yeah, Michael was so special that the law of science meant nothing to him....
well said

I am just really angry as hell that this is happening at all. Dr. Death should be facing either murder 1 or murder 2 charges now instead of that ridiculous involuntary manslaughter charge. He to me sounds a lot like my grandmother's Dr. Death. I know her doctor killed her. Because no one can go from doing really good to really bad to where she died in just 12 days. We never did went to court for her death because her husband didn't want to go through with it. Plus with her being 80 years old the charges just wouldn't stick. And it just really angers and upset me that I have to relive what another Dr. Death did to someone else that I L.O.V.E. more than anyone else in the entire world. I just so badly wish I could be the one delivering the justice that I feel he should get. Which is an instant death sentence from me.

We already know that Murray can get 4 years max. T
he wont even get that. get 4 years and he will prob serve half of that. u never do the full term.

Murray makes me sick.... This man has shown absolutely no remorse for what he's done. Does he really believe there isn't anything wrong with what he did? He gave MJ tons of sedatives hour after hour and then finished him off with propofol. Does he honestly think MJ should've been a ok to rehearse after that? For him to say he's done nothing wrong is insane.. And the fact that he didn't monitor his patient is even more egregious. Does he think it's ok to give some one IV sedation at home and not monitor them?

When in the hell will Texas and Nevada suspend his license?

Murray makes me sick.... This man has shown absolutely no remorse for what he's done. Does he really believe there isn't anything wrong with what he did? He gave MJ tons of sedatives hour after hour and then finished him off with propofol. Does he honestly think MJ should've been a ok to rehearse after that? For him to say he's done nothing wrong is insane.. And the fact that he didn't monitor his patient is even more egregious. Does he think it's ok to give some one IV sedation at home and not monitor them?

I so totally agree with you and that is something I would like to know as well. Which the way I see things going with this case it will probably be never.

Tom Meseraeu was interviewed on the Today Show this morning. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41254965/ns/today-entertainment/

Transcript - see the bolded part

Matt: Tom Mesereau successfully defended Michael Jackson against molestation charges in 2005 . good to see you. good morning.

Tom: good morning, matt. thank you for inviting me.

Matt: we should mention you are not unbiassed in the case. based on the evidence you have seen come forward, especially in the preliminary hearing , you're not buying dr. murray 's story, are you?

Tom: i am not buying his story at all. i think he's guilty. i think he acted in a reckless, irresponsible way that caused michael jackson 's death.

Matt: based on what you heard in that preliminary hearing , tom, are you surprised that the defense in this case is not pushing harder for a plea bargain ?

Tom: well, i'm not surprised because the defense did not really tip their hand at the preliminary hearing . they asked very few questions. they didn't call any witnesses. i have to assume they have experts and witnesses ready to go they think will be helpful to them.

Matt: we have an idea of a strategy. they may say, look, he was giving michael jackson propofol because jackson had a problem with insomnia and while dr. murray was out of the room michael jackson administered the dose himself. do you like that strategy as a defense attorney ?

Tom: well, they have to come up with something. the evidence is damning. i think if they are going to throw ideas out to create reasonable doubt i don't think it will work.

Matt: if you're the prosecution you have two important questions about the question. first, why were you using propofol in this setting anyway, it's not what it's intended for, correct?

Tom: well, every doctor i have talked to is shocked that propofol was in the home. they are also shocked that a cardiologist was using it in the home and they are even shocked that the proper equipment and proper assistance was not there. clearly he was trying to stay involved with michael jackson at almost any cost and he wanted to embark on this big tour. he thought it would be a great moment for him and it backfired. i think he acted horribly.

Matt: as a doctor, why would you leave a dose of propofol in an area where a patient or client could get his hands on it. that sounds negligent at least.

Tom: i have talked to anesthesiologists, neurosurgeons, a pathologist. they were all shocked this was in the home.

Matt: involuntary manslaughter. this type of homicide charge, tom, is it easier for the prosecution to prove?

Tom: yes, it is. it's not a charge of first or second-degree murder. i have heard that there was tremendous debate in the los angeles county district attorney 's office over whether to charge second-degree murder or involuntary manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter won out. it's easier to prove. i think they have already got the evidence to prove it and i think they will.

Matt: put your defense attorney hat on for a second, tom. if you are defending conrad murray , do you put him on the witness stand ?

Tom: i think he's going to have to get on to explain why propofol was in the home and why he did what he did. you never know. the defense may think they can win the case on cross-examination and cases are won on cross without clients testifying. my sense at this point is given what i know they are probably going to have to have him testify.

Matt: tom, as always, nice to see you. thank you very much.

And Oxman (really should shut up)

Conrad Murray Not Only One at Fault: Lawyer

Attorney for Joe Jackson, Michael Jackson's father, Says Others in Michael's Inner-Circle Also Responsible for His Death

In Los Angeles Wednesday, Michael Jackson's doctor declared his innocence in court for the first time since the pop star's death.

CBS News correspondent Bill Whitaker reports that Murray, surrounded by attorneys, answered the charge against him: involuntary manslaughter.

Murray told the judge, "Your honor, I am an innocent man. I, therefore, plead not guilty."

But prosecutors call the evidence damning. The coroner blames Jackson's death on the powerful surgical anesthetic, Propofol. Murray admits administering the drug to help Jackson sleep, but denies giving a lethal dose.

But could Murray be the only person held responsible for Jackson's death?

The lawyer for Michael Jackson's father, Joe Jackson, asserted on "The Early Show" Wednesday that, in addition to Murray, others in Michael's inner-circle are culpable, as well.

Brian Oxman said, "The family had not been permitted to see Michael Jackson for more than a month-and-a-half. And the fact of the matter (is) that the (emergency medical) technician walked in and saw Michael Jackson looking like a hospice patient, someone who they were drugging to keep alive until he expired from a disease; everyone around Michael should have seen that this man is in dire circumstances. In fact, the autopsy shows he had brain swelling, he had pneumonia, bronchitis; he was anemic. Everyone around him should have known. And this is the point: There are other people who are responsible for Michael Jackson's death -- not just Conrad Murray. What we're going to hear Conrad Murray do is point the finger and say, 'It's them, them, them.' Well, it's all of them, including Conrad Murray."

Murray is scheduled to go to trial March 28. His attorneys say he wants to tell his side of the story and will not consider a plea deal.

At the preliminary hearing, Jackson's bodyguard, a paramedic and Murray's girlfriend testified Murray was on the phone and was frantic to clean up evidence of Propofol, and waited some 21 minutes before having bodyguard Alberto Alverez call 911 -- at one point ordering Alverez to get Jackson's children out of the room.

Carl Douglas, Alverez's attorney, said, "Paris came into the room and Paris yelled, 'Daddy, Daddy."'

CBS News legal analyst Lisa Bloom said, "Dr. Murray has a lot of explaining to do at trial. He has to explain why he was on the phone when he should have been helping his patient, Michael Jackson, why he asked people to hide some of the evidence, clean up the room."

But Murray told police Jackson begged for Propofol the day he died and threatened to cancel his comeback tour if he couldn't sleep. The defense has hinted it might argue Jackson injected the Propofol himself. Experts say that's tough to prove and could backfire.

Jim Moret, senior legal analyst, "Inside Edition," "You still have potential liability, because Conrad Murray shouldn't have left the room. Michael Jackson should have been monitored and he wasn't. And that's why he died."

Ed Chernoff, Murray's attorney, told reporters, "Dr. Murray is looking forward to the opportunity to finally tell his side of the story."

As for the Jackson family, Oxman told "Early Show" co-anchor Chris Wragge they're devastated by the accusation that Murray didn't inject Jackson with Propofol.

He said, "I talked to LaToya Jackson last night and she says, 'Brian, are they really going to say that Conrad Murray didn't do this? Is somebody really going to try and make that statement?' I said, 'Yeah, La Toya, that's exactly what we're going to hear.' And she just said, 'I can't believe that. I sat in that courtroom,' she said, 'There's no way that Conrad Murray isn't responsible for Michael Jackson's death.'"

He added, "There's no way in the world that Michael self-injected that drug. It causes numbing and causes you to go to sleep within about 15 to 20 seconds. You'd have to inject an entire vial of that drug in order to do it. He'd be asleep in a matter of seconds before he could finish the injection. Also, Propofol burns. If you don't mix it with Lidocaine, it is such a terrible burning sensation, he would have yanked the catheter right out of his leg before it got any more than a few grams into his body. The point is, the accusation Michael Jackson self-injected is nonsense."

But can the family endure the long trial that could result?

Oxman said, "I don't think anybody can be ready to endure that kind of thing. And I think that what it comes down to is they have to be ready. They have to do it. And they know that. Mrs. Jackson has spent more time in courtrooms with her family and with the cases which she's involved. This woman has a constitution of iron. She is absolutely amazing. She will be there, and she will make sure that this turns out right."

If convicted, Murray could face up to four years in prison.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/01/26/earlyshow/leisure/celebspot/main7285294.shtml

clearly he was trying to stay involved with michael jackson at almost any cost and he wanted to embark on this big tour. he thought it would be a great moment for him and it backfired. i think he acted horribly.
very true

Everything that comes out of Oxman's mouth sickens me to my core!

Despite the TESTIMONY that Michael was in overall good health he still persists ...

Let me just walk away ...

he has to say that for his lawsuit if it ever gets to court. its all about the $$$ to him we shouldnt post his ramblings imo

Murray told the judge, "Your honor, I am an innocent man. I, therefore, plead not guilty."

When he did that video for his friends and family.... and supporters, too, he said "I was just trying to help my fellow man"................ By not doing anything a doctor or a normal non-doctor person would do, not having the proper equipment, by Hiding evidence and asking another to help you hide it, by lying to the authorities that you didn't give Jackson anything that should have killed him, although you gave him medicines that Badly interract with propofol.... You even claimed you didn't know how to do CPR, that you didn't know the time or address of Jackson's home..... you were willing to leave your patients for a big fat salary, for The King of Pop, you were to take care of him and what did you do........Are people are supposed to believe you tried to help your fellow man?..........

If he serves jail time, a Big fat If, he won't serve the whole time, like it's been often said. ....

This confidence and snottish demeanor of his are testimonies of his thinking he's above the law, for he knows he already has fans and supporters of his own, he knows the media is on his side, the system very much seems to be as well. His license didn't really get suspended, it seems to be a temporary thing, He also seems to be living well and not a poor life... He seems too confident, and that's most disturbing how blind justice Pretends to be.... Disturbing how that sweet person died never to return, disturbing how his killer doesn't feel at all guilty for what he did, at all remorseful, but totally vain - his own words and attitude -.... A big fat sick joke, except it isn't one.

Exactly. Murray makes me so angry that sometimes I feel physically sick. I just can't believe this guy. I really can't.

Tom Mesereau *swoons* :D

As for the med boards of Nevada and Texas according to TMZ (I know we shouldn't be clicking on them but sometimes one must) this is what they say from 12 Jan:
Sources connected with the Texas Medical Board and the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners tell TMZ they are weighing their options regarding the suspension of Murray's medical license.

Murray's California medical license was suspended yesterday as a condition of bail in his ongoing Michael Jackson manslaughter case.

But we're told ... because a judge suspended Murray's license and not the California Medical Board -- TX and NV don't feel compelled to follow suit and issue suspensions in their states.

We're told Murray's attorney, Charles Peckham, has been in talks with the NV med board and is making contact with TX as well -- but no word on when a final decision will be made.

From SFGate http://articles.sfgate.com/2011-01-12/news/27026358_1_jackson-doctor-nevada-board-med-board

...His lawyer, Charles Peckham in Houston, says he hopes Texas follows Nevada's lead, reviews Murray's case and talks with patients before making a decision.

Well now none of this makes any sense. Wasn't the California Med Board trying to get his license suspended for a long time but the judge(s) wouldn't do it?
And what's with this 'talking to patients' nonsense (if it's true)? The man clearly violated standards all over the place, demonstrates a lack of judgement beyond belief and has given the medical profession a huge black eye...and they want to talk to patients? So a physician's egregious actions in another state are overlooked if his patients think he's a nice guy?
If there wasn't proof that murray was on the phone all that time, I'd start to think maybe HE was abusing the propofol.

.... When he did that video for his friends and family.... and supporters, too, he said "I was just trying to help my fellow man"................ By not doing anything a doctor or a normal non-doctor person would do, not having the proper equipment, by Hiding evidence and asking another to help you hide it, by lying to the authorities that you didn't give Jackson anything that should have killed him, although you gave him medicines that Badly interract with propofol.... You even claimed you didn't know how to do CPR, that you didn't know the time or address of Jackson's home..... you were willing to leave your patients for a big fat salary, for The King of Pop, you were to take care of him and what did you do........Are people are supposed to believe you tried to help your fellow man?..........
Absolutely. I agree. :agree:

As for the med boards of Nevada and Texas according to TMZ (I know we shouldn't be clicking on them but sometimes one must) this is what they say from 12 Jan:
because a judge suspended Murray's license and not the California Medical Board -- TX and NV don't feel compelled to follow suit and issue suspensions in their states.
Ugggh. Ok, thanks for the info, even though it's ... :no:

Back