Conrad Murray arraignment January 25th

Several high profile trials have been televised in US such as the OJ case. It doesn't necessarily turn into a circus, again like I said it's more like hearing the testimony by your own ears. Full airing of the trial will be equivalent of getting the court transcripts.

I see, but how will they go about determining if there will be cameras or not? Is it solely based on what the Judge feels should be done? (Sorry if this has been asked before..)

I see, but how will they go about determining if there will be cameras or not? Is it solely based on what the Judge feels should be done? (Sorry if this has been asked before..)

It's totally Judge's decision

(of course there will initially be a request for cameras in the courtroom by the media and the judge will decide to say yes or no to that request).

I'll say mostly final. after this point we'll need to have new evidence, DA cancelling the trial and starting all over with new charges / new trial.

Thanks ivy:flowers:

did anybody get a reply to letters sent to the D.A?

I appreciate things are heated guys but town it down a bit please. No one should be wishing death on anyone. Thanks everyone.

(of course there will initially be a request for cameras in the courtroom by the media and the judge will decide to say yes or no to that request).

Thank you for the info..

Ivy I asked if you could clarify why is it that Murray can leave California and go to Texas or Vegas to work...if he is out on bail....I thought he had to stay in Califonia> Thanks for answering.

Thank you for the info..

forgot to say this

of course the sides (DA and the Defense) can also argue for or against such request for cameras. The judge will evaluate all arguments and then make a decision.

Ivy I asked if you could clarify why is it that Murray can leave California and go to Texas or Vegas to work...if he is out on bail....I thought he had to stay in Califonia> Thanks for answering.

dont believe such an order was made.they took his passport but that was it.

so how long b4 we get witness lists

Could someone please direct me to the [old] link of the timeline of the scene 06.25.09 'as we know'. ?

dont believe such an order was made.they took his passport but that was it.

elusive is right. see the video below. only his travel outside US is restricted.

i think its something added in by the judge. didnt r kelly have to get permission from the judge in his case.

elusive is right. see the video below. only his travel outside US is restricted.
Thank you Ivy...I find that really stupid....the guy kills Michael Jackson and he is allowed to leave the state and go make money in another state. This really burns me up. Its NOT like he is making enough money at these practices to pay these high priced attorneys anyway. So someone else is paying for his defense.

March ... I thought it would be soon. By March it's been almost 2 years.

And I didn't follow that anymore (also didn't see any updates on that until now), so he still has his license in those 2 other states? How is that even possible? He did something that's so out of the ordinary, no one seems to realize that. You should lose your license if you give someone Propofol for insomnia (even at a hospital, not just at home, it's not for insomnia), even if the patient survives. It's like giving someone ... I don't know, Morphine for a headache instead of Aspirin. This is unreal.

Thank you Ivy...I find that really stupid....the guy kills Michael Jackson and he is allowed to leave the state and go make money in another state. This really burns me up. Its NOT like he is making enough money at these practices to pay these high priced attorneys anyway. So someone else is paying for his defense.

If you listen to the judge you'll hear him say that Murray's primary residence is outside of CA and it will be relatively easy to find him if he's in US. Furthermore after the prelim Judge Pastor also said that Murray isn't a flight risk as he has been attending all court hearings. In short they wouldn't place travel restrictions unless they feel he's a flight risk.

I'll say mostly final. after this point we'll need to have new evidence, DA cancelling the trial and starting all over with new charges / new trial.

is there a possibility to raise charges during trial? when the judge has heard the case, can he raise charges before jury deliberation starts?

is there a possibility to raise charges during trial? when the judge has heard the case, can he raise charges before jury deliberation starts?

yes, in fact, is there any chance of that ever happening at all?
:scratch:

It really does, and i hate to bring up 2005 but Murray has been treated like a king in comparison to how they treated Michael!!! It makes me wana screammmmmmmmmmmm and when all is said and done, what the worst thats gonna happen to him?? 4 years maximum which if i am honest i cant see happening and even if it does whats 4 years?????? 4 years for another human beings life!!! Its a completle shambles!!!!

Well one very small crumb of comfort is that he won't be practicing medicine again.

I cannot believe that Texas and Vegas have not taken his license yet....he should not be allowed to practice. Not only that but HOW can he leave the state of California if he is out on bail.? I thought he had to stay in California .... Maybe IVY can answer this??

So I want to ask, has he been practicing medicine in the last year? We know he's been vacationing but can't remember ever seeing any mention of him, you know, working. Not that I've been looking.

And with suspension of his California license and after looking at the Nevada Medical Board Statutes and Regulations regarding malpractice, scope of practice, etc., I don't understand why his license hasn't at least been suspended and an investigation begun by Nevada.

I think all hope of any charges being raised is pretty much extinct now. It would have been done beforehand otherwise. There is a slight possibility but I think realistically this is what we're getting.

Several high profile trials have been televised in US such as the OJ case. It doesn't necessarily turn into a circus, again like I said it's more like hearing the testimony by your own ears. Full airing of the trial will be equivalent of getting the court transcripts.

I know... BUT in this case, you know, it's MJ :( ... Well, whatever.... *big sigh*

welcome..

;)

Although I cannot say with 100% certainty - I think people can only be tried for the things they are charged with and judges remove charges or offer reduced charge alternatives if they believe the burden of proof is not met. So my personal opinion (not legal expert opinion) is that we won't see increased charges.

updated news with statement from Murray's lawyers

Pastor set March 28 as the date for jury selection to begin, and said he is "inclined" to permit live TV coverage of the trial .

"The defense fully intends to be ready for that trial," Murray defense lawyer Ed Chernoff said. "For his part, Dr. Murray is looking forward for the opportunity to finally tell his part of the story,"

The defense team has not decided yet if Murray will take the stand to testify in his own defense, Chernoff said.

He demanded the speedy trial, which requires the prosecution to be ready within 60 days of Tuesday's arraignment, because Murray has been waiting "for the opportunity to do this," Chernoff said. "This is the first chance that we have to force the issue and hopefully we can get to trial during that period of time."

Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney David Walgren estimated the trial would take four to six weeks, depending on how long it takes to pick a jury.

Both sides will appear before the judge next on February 7 to discuss what written questions they would ask prospective jurors.

Chernoff said finding a jury to hear the highly publicized case should not be a problem
"Dr. Murray has absolute faith in the jury system and absolute faith in people in general," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/25/california.conrad.murray.hearing/index.html

Dr Murray is a sociopath...

His lawyers are liars too.. There is no way in hell they are putting him on the stand and they know it.. Who do they think they're kidding.. He told his story already to the investigators and they caught him in lie after lie, so what 'other' story will he tell a jury?

"For his part, Dr. Murray is looking forward for the opportunity to finally tell his part of the story,"

The defense team has not decided yet if Murray will take the stand to testify in his own defense, Chernoff said.
spot the contridiction. murrays acting skills are his only defence. its all or nothing. cause he has no other defence witness that will justify his B.S

This is what I don't get about him keeping his licence, We know that it was propofol overdose that killed Michael, and the judge has forbiden him to administer it to anyone or even to have it in his possession, ok well what about the Benzo's. These were administered incorrectely, each dose of all those different drugs were given too close together, and given on that timescale was extremely dangerous in itself.

:sigh: I didn't think increased charges was much of a possibility, although it was something I wanted. Four years max for taking away father, son, and brother away...Justice? I'm not too sure about that.

From the evidence which was presented previously there was more than enough to add many additional charges!! Where are they? Didn't think they would up the manslaughter charge to murder 2 but there was so many more breaches which could have been added as seperate charges which would have given him more jail time if found guilty. No justice here for me yet!!

u know im tempted to email the D.A office and ask what they are playing at inregards to the obstruction charges. but its like cutting your nose off to spight your face

Back