Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

aqwsz;4245680 said:
Belgium will be careful to play MJ music from now on. They won't prohibit it but they will play less MJ music and each time they do play him they will refer to the allegations surrounding MJ.
It was in the newspaper.

That's probably even worse than not playing him at all.

Just pathetic really. Each time they play his music? OK ok, but also make sure to mention that these accusers both have their own troublesome things too. Not very credible with their different stories (much like Arvizo) but will they do that? Of course not! What the **** is the point I wonder, it's not like every ****ing living soul isn't aware of the shit by now.

mjchris;4245681 said:

I'll definitely do that. I also took a quick glance at the reviews. I saw things like "the accusers appear very credible and believeable".....right. Majority of reviews had a high star rating there, real sad.

terrell;4245683 said:
Corey spoke. enuf said and those haters just want something to say. if it was text book, MJ would have done this to everyone in the way Wade and james were describing things. NOT. Do not give up on people. MOST people know but haters are the loudest. They can not make something so no matter what they think. Also, this statement is now in CNN. Good.

I'll continue the fight, it's just moments that I'm so through with it. But then I realize there will always be tons of people like that. Who have their mind made up and it's likely all thanks to having read too many tabloids. Or just not being a very bright person.

terrell;4245695 said:
WELL AMERICA (UNITED STATES) we got through it (And Oprah is still catching @#$% from everyone. her hypcrosy showed. WE will be ok. By the end of the way, do not be surprise the table start turing on these liars. You can believe people are digging dirt as we speak since last night was the last night. Hang in there UK.

That's great to hear. I really hope things will turn around eventually. I would LOVE if this does backfire on the three. But I have my doubts if it will. Probably not anytime soon. And before that happens they will have made quite a lot of money probably.

Themidwestcowboy;4245711 said:
It’s all good I just saw the post of his message on Twitter. Thanks anyways :)

All good! Yeah the message is fantastic! That part about Channel 4 when he visited them and asked them if they were interested in a documentary about his music, his artistry and channel 4, the scum they are, weren't interested in that. They were however interested in some juicy stories, sigh.

You're putting too much stock in stations not playing his music anymore.
Again, this is all gonna blow over before you know it and none of that will be upheld. I'm more confident than ever now.

I'm proud of ITV today, they have given a lot of time to Michael's defence. Funnily enough its probably the only free to air channel I actually watch these days.

I have so many people saying "They didn't get paid for this" (Wade and his lapdog). lol.
Tell them if they think a doc that was SOLD in other countries these guy aren't getting paid. they are stupid. Beside they have a court appeal this summer they are trying to win. They got paid and trying hard to get the big one. If they do not believe that, they are just people looking for drama. They are not running around promoting like like they are doing jean ads for nothing.

Hang in there, Carmour, you are not alone!

Oh, they didn't get paid my ass! They have only been so "clever" as to hide the big bucks under their fishy fund, which cannot be checked. Maybe only the FBI could look into that.
Don't worry, it will be reveal. Geraldo Rivera said that is what he wants to find out.

You're putting too much stock in stations not playing his music anymore.
Again, this is all gonna blow over before you know it and none of that will be upheld. I'm more confident than ever now.
And some of these people talking noise now and within a month, they are playing MJ music, videos, etc and move on from this nonsense. people mind change like the weather.

LOL (Maybe not worth a $200 mill contractual breach suit, then ???)

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/03/...nta-beachfront-bargain-hunt-survivalists-show

Home Television Ratings: “Leaving Neverland” Not a Ratings Smash for HBO, Beaten by “Real Housewives of Atlanta,” “Beachfront Bargain Hunt,” Survivalists Show

After all that, “Leaving Neverland” was not a smash hit on Sunday night. Modest hit maybe is the best way of describing it.

The controversial Michael Jackson doc attracted just 1.285 million viewers at 8pm on HBO. It was beaten by “Real Housewives of Atlanta,” “Beachfront Bargain Hunt,” and the survivalists series “Naked and Afraid,” all on cable.

If it had competed with network shows, “Leaving Neverland” tied with a rerun of “Bob’s Burger’s” on Fox.

The top rated cable show of the evening was “The Walking Dead,” itself dying with just 4.7 million viewers at 9pm on AMC.

“Leaving Neverland” had more publicity than any show in 2019 on any channel. It’s possible that the ratings will rise via repeated viewings over several days including other HBO outlets. But the build up to the 8pm showing on Sunday was the target, and it wasn’t the hot button everyone anticipated.

A million more viewers– 2.3 million– tuned into a Hallmark Hall of Fame cable romcom show called “When Calls the Heart,” just to give you an idea. And that was like watching warm milk cool.

Did the Jackson supporters warn people away from “Leaving Neverland”? Possibly. Or just the shock value? But in the end it may not have been worth it for HBO ratings-wise. On Saturday night, HBO scored a better total number at 8pm with a showing of a bad movie called “Skyscraper.”

Last edited:
BIG FAT FLOP

😂😂😂😈

TSCM
@MJJRepository
A flop. A dud.

"The controversial Michael Jackson doc attracted just 1.285 million viewers at 8pm on HBO. It was beaten by “Real Housewives of Atlanta,” “Beachfront Bargain Hunt,” and the survivalists series “Naked and Afraid,” all on cable."#

Watching Oprah show now.
People crying in the audience.
Cracked me up, bunch of idiots :D

Also watched part 1 of the doc. Didnt find it as shocking as it was made out to be.
Ring ceremony? Mweh.
Wade talking about being on all fours and Michael licking his a**?
Bitch please

1.2 million viewers is actually bad. I expected way more. The fact that it tied a re-run of Bobs Burgers HAHA! I loved that. The US public just doesn't care about this crap.

US Ratings...

MJ Superbowl Performance= 133 million viewers
Oprah Special With MJ= 62 million viewers
MJ Funeral= 31 million viewers
MJ Madison Square Gardens 30th Anniversary Show= 30 million viewers

Leaving Neverland= 1.2 million viewers

I can't stand Dl Hughley

He's on TMZ front page, and of course, with not nice things to say.

He says the haters are not qualified like Oprah is lolll

myosotis;4245742 said:
LOL (Maybe not worth a $200 mill contractual breach suit, then ???)

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/03/...nta-beachfront-bargain-hunt-survivalists-show

Home Television Ratings: “Leaving Neverland” Not a Ratings Smash for HBO, Beaten by “Real Housewives of Atlanta,” “Beachfront Bargain Hunt,” Survivalists Show

After all that, “Leaving Neverland” was not a smash hit on Sunday night. Modest hit maybe is the best way of describing it.

The controversial Michael Jackson doc attracted just 1.285 million viewers at 8pm on HBO. It was beaten by “Real Housewives of Atlanta,” “Beachfront Bargain Hunt,” and the survivalists series “Naked and Afraid,” all on cable.

If it had competed with network shows, “Leaving Neverland” tied with a rerun of “Bob’s Burger’s” on Fox.

The top rated cable show of the evening was “The Walking Dead,” itself dying with just 4.7 million viewers at 9pm on AMC.

“Leaving Neverland” had more publicity than any show in 2019 on any channel. It’s possible that the ratings will rise via repeated viewings over several days including other HBO outlets. But the build up to the 8pm showing on Sunday was the target, and it wasn’t the hot button everyone anticipated.

A million more viewers– 2.3 million– tuned into a Hallmark Hall of Fame cable romcom show called “When Calls the Heart,” just to give you an idea. And that was like watching warm milk cool.

Did the Jackson supporters warn people away from “Leaving Neverland”? Possibly. Or just the shock value? But in the end it may not have been worth it for HBO ratings-wise. On Saturday night, HBO scored a better total number at 8pm with a showing of a bad movie called “Skyscraper.”

Thank you God, you do answer prayer! Hallelujuer! Beaten by my hometown! ATL betta represent!!!!

Last edited:
I just sent a complaint to CBSC (Canadian Broadcasting Standard Council) re. "Leaving Neverland". I urge Canadians here to please do the same, unless you done it already.

I just sent a complaint to CBSC (Canadian Broadcasting Standard Council) re. "Leaving Neverland". I urge Canadians here to please do the same, unless you done it already.

What is this regarding?

Watching Oprah show now.
People crying in the audience.
Cracked me up, bunch of idiots :D

Also watched part 1 of the doc. Didnt find it as shocking as it was made out to be.
Ring ceremony? Mweh.
Wade talking about being on all fours and Michael licking his a**?
Bitch please

Stunned. Should fans share these details here? They are lies after all.

About the Jussie Smolett situation. If what the police say is true and he faked the attack because he was unhappy with his income from 'Empire' why would people have a hard time believing that Robson and Safechuck are lying when millions of $$$ are at stake for them? It is obvious that people are willing to go to extreme lenghts for less. The Jussie Smolett debacle being a case in point (allegedly).

6.6mil watched Americas Funniest Home Videos.
4.1mil watched Shark Tank.
2.3mil watched a Hallmark movie, When Calls the Heart.
2.2mil watched The Simpsons.
1.9mil watched Real Housewives of Atlanta.
1.8mil watched Bob's Burgers.
1.4mil watched the film Skyscraper on HBO.

1.3mil watched Leaving Neverland.

HBO scored higher numbers THE SAME NIGHT with a film that came out last year.

**** you, HBO.

caramella
@Caramelicedtea
The Wade Robson YouTube video the fans made dissecting his stories has over half the number of views as the documentary itself got at 650,000, with zero PR or global hype machine.@showbiz411

7:18 PM - Mar 5, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
34 people are talking about this

Just watched the documentary online and it's terrible. I understand why people will watch it, it's compelling but it's all bullshit (pardon my French)
It's horrendously and unnecessarily graphic, if people believe this it's because they want to believe Michael Jackson is guilty and not that they feel he is.
I've got to say hand on heart this feels like the reason the media are trying to tear him down is because of his race which is despicable. In an era when we're more accepting of other culture's than ever, I can't believe Michael and his legacy is being treated this way. It's like a public lynching without evidence.

Back to the documentary, anybody in the UK like myself I would advice you not to watch this documentary but especially not part 2.
The fact that safechucks mum said she danced when Michael died, makes my skin crawl. Regardless of anything she should know as a parent herself, 3 children just lost their dad. I lost my mum when I was young, I can't even but into words the devastation of that but I could not imagine how it must feel to then hear people say they danced when your parent died.
The other despicable part for me (besides all the terrible accusations) was again part 2 when wade describes testifying for Michael because he felt that Michael's kids might be seeing there father for the last time before he goes to jail. What makes this incredibly vile for me, is while he's describing that, you're watching private footage Michael recorded of his 3 children. How low must one go before the world says hey that's too far, that's crossed the line.

As for the UK media's fascination with why do people still support Michael because we have studied this case and we know the truth.
There is no evidence in this documentary whatsoever, that should speak volumes. 4 hours long and not 1 second of evidence against Michael Jackson.

As fans we must remain strong together and remember this too shall pass. I keep seeing people on the news everywhere talking about and all I can think is what Michael said in Tabloid Junkie,

"A hounding media in hysteria
Slander
With the words you use
You're a parasite in black and white
Do anything for news"

I can't stand Dl Hughley

He's on TMZ front page, and of course, with not nice things to say.

He says the haters are not qualified like Oprah is lolll

D.L. is not relevant. He was never funny and such a fake. Woke, my ass. Go back to sleep!

Back