Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Report their posts then put them on ignore and dont quote them as those who have them on ignore get to see their posts when they are quoted

Cancel MJ protest in London ended up with crowd watching street performers dance to don’t stop till you get enough

It’s obviously not great but being overly negative about the situation is not going to get anywhere

If we continue the fight we will win in the end

They really tried to end MJs legacy compleatly!
To do this they must sold this peace of shit world wide and translate it in so many lanuages as possible because MJ is a global icon!
When they whould have only air it in one or five countrys they could never imagine to be sucessful.

One look on Twitter and I see more and more people waking up and here and there some folks who just don't even want to think of the possibility (for them) that the man wasn't this sicko the media makes him out to be.

I actually see posts from people about how they were walking in town with a MJ shirt and they actually got a great reaction. What else, like you guys said his music is still in the chars and doing great too. I'm honestly not seeing this doom and gloom either.

I DO wonder how things will look a year from now. Will we be able to celebrate because the chumps have been fully exposed or will they actually get away with it? The lawsuit, how will that end? We can only wait and see. Hopefully soon.

Exactly,moron of the highest degree.

TMZ are as bad as those you mentioned
I haven't seen the exact headline but they aren't daft,it probably says the word reported in it....Paris reportedly taken to hospital kind of thing.... that's their get out clause.

Yeah I knew TMZ was bad, absolute scum but this? Man. It's utterly sickening what these people are capable of.

Administraton/Moderation Statement

We are getting an extraordinary number of reports daily from this thread. If you want it to remain open and in the News and Discussion section, then you will need to respect each others' opinions surrounding this documentary and the repercussions of it.

Please do not backseat moderate by openly calling for people to be banned, or asking why they aren't banned yet, etc. Please do not make assumptions about someone being a troll, or coming from other sites, just to make trouble here. The owner has expressly stated that he does not want people to be banned purely for having an opinion that is non-conformative with staff, or with the majority on the board.

Cursing at each other doesn't solve anything. Be mindful that the members set the tone here; the members create the vibe. We do want a positive and nurturing atmosphere, where everyone is respected and feels safe enough to share their opinions, without being attacked or bullied.

As some have suggested, if there is a member on the board whose posts upset you, then please place them on ignore and do not quote them.

This doesn't mean that we are discouraging reports - please still use the reporting system for disrespectful and inappropriate posts that are offensive in nature, or where a forum rule is being broken.

Thank you.

Please carry on.

Sorry but I’ve got to put a word in for Speed Demon 87s defence here.
It’s clear he/she is a genuine fan. You need to stop getting all offended and defensive of what they’re saying just because you don’t agree with it or you consider it negative.
This is a discussion forum, they should be able to state their opinions without being attacked and people calling for them to be banned.

fraroc04;4250044 said:
Strangely enough, I've seen more of the opposite. People being skeptical of the new allegations.

True. Although journalists in particular seem to like to 'sit on the fence' to some degree about MJ.

Another journalist here is also fence sitting, but at least acknowledges the legal facts. (He has written for several publications, but this seems to be his own 'blog'.):

The Thing Is, Michael Jackson Is Innocent
By Tim Worstall - March 15, 2019

That Michael Jackson may have been more than just a little bit dodgy is a fair enough comment. So too is the idea that he didn’t have an easy childhood, it’s the environment that makes us what we are and so on. And yet to insist that Michael Jackson is not – or was not to use grammar – innocent is to deny the very basis of civil rights and justice.

For we are all innocent until proven guilty. For those still alive, for we cannot libel the dead, it is actually libellous to insist otherwise.

Adverts declaring Michael Jackson innocent taken off London buses
Transport for London orders removal based on ‘public sensitivity and concern’; Simpsons producer meanwhile suggests Jackson appearance may have helped groom boys

That those funding the ads are weirdos is possibly true. That they’re wasting their money on their obsession could also be correct. But they are just stating an actual fact about our universe. Michael Jackson is indeed innocent. He’s not been convicted in a trial, with evidence, jury, the ability to confront his accusers and all that. He’s innocent.

We did in fact go through this:

People v. Jackson (full title: 1133603: The People of the State of California v. Michael Joe Jackson) was a 2004–2005 criminal trial held in Santa Barbara County Superior Court in which American singer Michael Jackson was charged with molesting Gavin Arvizo, a 13-year-old boy. Jackson was indicted for four counts of molesting a minor, four counts of intoxicating a minor to molest him, one count of attempted child molestation, one count of conspiring to hold the boy and his family captive, and conspiring to commit extortion and child abduction. He pleaded not guilty to all counts. The trial spanned approximately 18 months, from Jackson’s arraignment on January 16, 2004 to June 13, 2005. The jury delivered a verdict of not guilty on all charges, including four lesser misdemeanour counts.

Michael Jackson was tried and found not guilty. Michael Jackson is innocent. That’s that, all there is to it.

https://www.continentaltelegraph.com/entertainment/the-thing-is-michael-jackson-is-innocent/

Administraton/Moderation Statement

We are getting an extraordinary number of reports daily from this thread. If you want it to remain open and in the News and Discussion section, then you will need to respect each others' opinions surrounding this documentary and the repercussions of it.

Please do not backseat moderate by openly calling for people to be banned, or asking why they aren't banned yet, etc. Please do not make assumptions about someone being a troll, or coming from other sites, just to make trouble here. The owner has expressly stated that he does not want people to be banned purely for having an opinion that is non-conformative with staff, or with the majority on the board.

Cursing at each other doesn't solve anything. Be mindful that the members set the tone here; the members create the vibe. We do want a positive and nurturing atmosphere, where everyone is respected and feels safe enough to share their opinions, without being attacked or bullied.

As some have suggested, if there is a member on the board whose posts upset you, then please place them on ignore and do not quote them.

This doesn't mean that we are discouraging reports - please still use the reporting system for disrespectful and inappropriate posts that are offensive in nature, or where a forum rule is being broken.

Thank you.

Please carry on.

DELETED

~The member responded to this announcement by doing what everyone has been asked not to do.~

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I had taken a screenshot of it but...

Earlier on Twitter I saw a comment about how someone met a guy from TMZ at Sundance. The guy didn't believe the mockumentary at all but he wasn't allowed to write that for TMZ. Nothing but bad stuff is what he was allowed to write.

Not surprising at all, but still... wow. I'll try to find the tweet.

myosotis;4250069 said:
True. Although journalists in particular seem to like to 'sit on the fence' to some degree about MJ.

Another journalist here is also fence sitting, but at least acknowledges the legal facts. (He has written for several publications, but this seems to be his own 'blog'.):

The Thing Is, Michael Jackson Is Innocent
By Tim Worstall - March 15, 2019

That Michael Jackson may have been more than just a little bit dodgy is a fair enough comment. So too is the idea that he didn’t have an easy childhood, it’s the environment that makes us what we are and so on. And yet to insist that Michael Jackson is not – or was not to use grammar – innocent is to deny the very basis of civil rights and justice.

For we are all innocent until proven guilty. For those still alive, for we cannot libel the dead, it is actually libellous to insist otherwise.

Adverts declaring Michael Jackson innocent taken off London buses
Transport for London orders removal based on ‘public sensitivity and concern’; Simpsons producer meanwhile suggests Jackson appearance may have helped groom boys

That those funding the ads are weirdos is possibly true. That they’re wasting their money on their obsession could also be correct. But they are just stating an actual fact about our universe. Michael Jackson is indeed innocent. He’s not been convicted in a trial, with evidence, jury, the ability to confront his accusers and all that. He’s innocent.

We did in fact go through this:

People v. Jackson (full title: 1133603: The People of the State of California v. Michael Joe Jackson) was a 2004–2005 criminal trial held in Santa Barbara County Superior Court in which American singer Michael Jackson was charged with molesting Gavin Arvizo, a 13-year-old boy. Jackson was indicted for four counts of molesting a minor, four counts of intoxicating a minor to molest him, one count of attempted child molestation, one count of conspiring to hold the boy and his family captive, and conspiring to commit extortion and child abduction. He pleaded not guilty to all counts. The trial spanned approximately 18 months, from Jackson’s arraignment on January 16, 2004 to June 13, 2005. The jury delivered a verdict of not guilty on all charges, including four lesser misdemeanour counts.

Michael Jackson was tried and found not guilty. Michael Jackson is innocent. That’s that, all there is to it.

https://www.continentaltelegraph.com/entertainment/the-thing-is-michael-jackson-is-innocent/
I appreciate this writing as it's the essential of this whole farce, but how ironic he had to call the fans "weirdos" for their action, not realising he basically does the same: investing his writing in favour of justice even by going against the crowd. ;)

screenshot_20190316-2eljnx.jpg

So, after this whole Leaving Neverland documentary has aired - as cynical as I am, somehow I've been noticing Michael Jackson everywhere.

And keep in mind, I'm always keeping an ear open for all my favorite bands being referenced or played. And I've never seen this many MJ references in my day to day life in such a short period of time.

Here's some examples;

-Last week, I was in a record store. Heard two separate groups of people look through the Michael Jackson section and talk about what albums they preferred or knew. Not one mention of the documentary (it was already out at the time).
-After I left the store, I walked a block away and a street performer was playing "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" with a bunch of people watching.
-Also when I was walking, people next to me were talking about what song he was playing and some MJ discussion was going on while we were waiting for the crosswalk.
-This week, I saw at least two Michael Jackson shirts in my place of work. I would've noticed this before - but this was the first time it happened.
-On my way home from work, the car in front of me had an Michael Jackson sticker on their window.
-Last night, I went to pick up a pizza. The guy in front of me in the line had earbuds in and when set his phone on the counter next to my keys and I took a peek to see what he was listening to (I'm always curious what people are listening to, so). And his Spotify had him listening to the album Bad.
-The other day, I was in the store and "Man In the Mirror" was playing.

I've never seen/heard this much MJ in my daily life, before. It's bizarre.

Somethings here in this world are unfortunate however my respect for MJ still and won’t go away no time soon

he never claimed sex though right? he only claimed 'rubba' cuz they'd rub together/snuggle?

PS that video that is being asked to translate, maybe someone can deeply summarize each point in English and record that... If the point is to get his words out to the none believers, we have to understand that most of them will not sit and read subtitles when there are hundreds of videos on the subject in there own language.. They'll just leave it 1-3 minutes in..

Can someone please explain me the point(s) of this video from the Michael Jackson Innocent Project:

I think my english is too bad that I don't get it. I am very thankful that we have this channel.
But the woman often explains things in her videos very complicated.

Last edited:
Haha someone said that the Michael Jackson Innocent Project should monetized their videos to get something back for their efforts.
The Innocent Project responded: "I try but YouTube find the most videos 'not suitable for most advertisers'. Aperentlydefending Michael Jackson is now a conspiricy theory."

I told you they are all in this since my YouTube account was blocked.

somewhereinthedark;4250089 said:
This person is a troll, pure and simple. He/she is here to divide and dissuade real fans. Btw, what this person is spewing is noT true. I see much more positive comments than I do negative ones. So don’t fall for the BS that Demon is spewing. He/she has an agenda.

Must admit I thought that too, I’ve read this thread all through to me anyway its seems more positive then negative. It was always going to hit hard but the fall out hasn’t been that bad at all.

somewhereinthedark;4250089 said:
This person is a troll, pure and simple. He/she is here to divide and dissuade real fans. Btw, what this person is spewing is noT true. I see much more positive comments than I do negative ones. So don’t fall for the BS that Demon is spewing. He/she has an agenda.

The post you're citing doesn't sound like a troll...

Honestly, what he wrote is how it feels to me right now, too. I'm a bit downtrodden, cynical and hopeless about the whole thing and I see most of what he says, sadly.

I haven't seen this about the Indianapolis Children's museum (who removed some MJ artifacts). My apologies if I missed it being posted before (Also many thanks to the original poster who shared this on social media).

It’s important to note we are not making a statement of innocence or guilt. Let me clarify the actions we took.

Three Michael Jackson artifacts have been removed from two exhibits: his iconic fedora and white glove that we purchased several years ago at auction for our American Pop exhibit, and the signed Michael Jackson poster that was in The Power of Children exhibit.

As the world’s largest children’s museum, we are very sensitive to our audience. In an excess of caution, and in response to the controversy over the HBO film “Leaving Neverland”, which directly involved allegations of abuse against children, we removed those objects while we carefully consider the situation more fully.

The museum's nationally-recognized The Power of Children exhibit directly addresses issues of discrimination and intolerance of all kinds. Several Michael Jackson pictures on display in The Power of Children exhibit remain because they are part of a direct re-creation of Ryan White’s room. Ryan’s family found Michael Jackson’s kindness to them to be an important part of Ryan’s story and the pictures of Michael displayed in that exhibit will always be an integral part of the Ryan White story. The poster was removed because it was not part of the original re-creation of Ryan’s room.

I haven't seen this about the Indianapolis Children's museum (who removed some MJ artifacts). My apologies if I missed it being posted before (Also many thanks to the original poster who shared this on social media).
Thank You. And when they see these 2 liars start to be reveal even more, they will put it back.Go there and ask to buy MJ's items they remove, You WONT get it. But he still is in the mueum under the Ryan White display.

Seeing that videos like 'Michael Jackson's maid reveals sordid Neverland secrets' has 3.1 million views on YouTube is so frustrating. People want this stuff to be true. It was on the 'Up next' list next to a video I was watching that was unrelated to MJ. I hate that anyone watching videos about LN and possibly any videos about Michael are going to get exposed to this trash.

YouTube will promote anything if it's from a mainstream media channel. They'll even put it on the Trending page. But independent creators can make similar videos or counter videos and will get shunned. It's disgusting.

People want this stuff to be true.

You are absolutely correct.

It's not just that people are being conditioned/duped by the media - it's that they also want desperately for it all to be true, as well.

I believe at the end of the day, it shouldn’t matter what others think. As long as you have MJ in your heart, and he’s celebrated in your own ways, no one can take that away. Even though the vibe right now is negative and tense, it’s only a matter of ignoring/being indifferent to the outside garbage.

Back