Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Re: Sundance Festival 2019 - Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland"

You really have to wonder what is going on in Australia for their version of 60 Minutes to run another garbage piece. I believe this is the 3rd or so one that they've run since Michael's death.
Somebody should send an email to them that Michael J. is being prosecuted for forging Michael's signature. Can't believe he ordered a copy of that old book just to fabricate some "proof."
And what's with Jermaine and LaToya? They can't stay off camera. Hopefully 60 Minutes paid them.

Where are you all "fighting" on Facebook? I'm sure everyone's tired-I'm tired just trying to keep up with the two forums I'm on, and fighting on YouTube. I haven't been to Facebook since Christmas, I think.

Just interested on peoples stance on watching The documentary (I use the word in th loosest terms - tissue of lies is more accurate). I refuse to as i feel that I am boosting ratings. But I realise that this means I am not able to honestly say I have seen it when defending Michael. Should I watch it to know what I am arguing against? Should I waste 4 hours on something I already know is trash?

I refuse to watch and give HBO the ratings. I don't have HBO any more, but even if they do a free weekend I'm not watching. If fans want to watch in order to be able to say that they have seen it when defending Michael I'm certain there will be ways to watch without HBO benefitting. I haven't even watched the trailer because I don't want to contribute to HBO's watched numbers.

I'm looking foward to Tajs first public comments after the trailer release.. Everytime he speaks about the documentary and speaks of his, it lets me breath fresh air!

BTW, to me Wades body languege shows me a lot more guilt inside than James. Wade looks like he wants to break down every time he makes a story up! BUT, now they are in so deep, the legal implications if they change back their stories.. I dout they'd come out later and recant.

Last edited:
ozemouze;4241998 said:
Razorfist's video is like the best thing these days. There are many great videos debunking the case, and I appreciate all of them :heart:, but the content makes me sad and furious (understandably). What stands out with Razorfist I guess that he takes the offensive and handles it so well.
I'm so tired of the fact we are always put on the defensive, we've needed him and his cursing. :cool:

That's exactly what I was thinking too. The way he explained several things and how he completely made Wade and Jimmy out to be total fools(which they are) was brilliant. His delivery is great! In the comments I also saw people that first believed MJ was guilty and now they are on his side. Super!

SIDEWALKS;4242004 said:
My money is on safechuck being the first to break. He will blame Wade and Reed for forcing him to lie for them, for the documentary. This might be one of the best things to happen to Michael in a strange way.

God I hope you're right but I doubt it. I'm guessing that the majority of the media will run with this, flock to their side and act like it's so damaging, so convincing, so powerful (yugh) and maybe a few that are willing to stay neutral.

But so far it seems we have tons of social media users on our side. They see how utterly ridiculous it all is and it seems that for them enough is enough as well. At the end of the day I could give a **** about what the media thinks or says, if we got a boatload of people online on our side.

The media has shown for years now that they can't be trusted at all. With maybe a few exceptions.

Albion;4242005 said:
Just interested on peoples stance on watching The documentary (I use the word in th loosest terms - tissue of lies is more accurate). I refuse to as i feel that I am boosting ratings. But I realise that this means I am not able to honestly say I have seen it when defending Michael. Should I watch it to know what I am arguing against? Should I waste 4 hours on something I already know is trash?

Hell no. I get mad already when I see clips of Wade during interviews after he came with those allegations. I can't be spending four hours watching that guy and the two other liars. I'm just gonna continue on fighting for MJ on social media and in the process convincing some people and some will want to stay dumbasses which then will be ignored by my straight away. And that'll be enough if you ask me.

mano;4242011 said:
Guys.. I have to say that since it came on the news from the announcement airing on Sundance to the point that there showing it on tv worldwide, I’m really furious and feel powerless. It looks like media is winning over the sheep’s that believe everything. It comes to the point that I’m really done now and I’m ready to drop bombs (not literally). Dutch fans I need you to help me to stand up towards the media to at least let them show what kind of crap this documentary is. I mean the best viewed entertainment program has a guy living in America that reports from there, saying that he is a ‘fan’ but believes this crap.

Can we demonstrate there? Yes
Can we collect all the evidence and keep spamming them with it? Yes

There are tons of things we can think of, but we need to stand up.

Send me an email if you want to help me out and let’s stand together.

Romano
email - romano92@live.nl

You're from Holland too? I sure as hell will help you man, absolutely. Together we all stand stronger, always. I'll send you a email tomorrow and let's see what we can do. I'm sure VPRO on Dutch TV won't give a shit anyway, but let's see what we can anyway.

Oh and is that program RTL Boulevard by any chance? We should be wary of some folks that claim to be a fan but they believe this. Sure it's absolutely possible that they genuinely are a fan and haven't done the research to know how wrong they are.

All it really would take is sending the two videos by Razorfist to him. I absolutely freaking love those videos. And they have convinced multiple doubters now.

KOPV;4242021 said:
Yeah, they will sit there with the agenda to pull people in by pulling people in emotionally to come up with a conclusion. The emotional responce from it plus the other stories being sold right now (Mcmanus back on the scene, the girl selling stories that she was molested as well) etc. It will look messy enough for some people to buy into it. (because people are lazy to do the research) SO until a rebuttle is released, we will have to do what we can.

PS. what is really known about this girl that is alleging this story?

This last part is news to me. What is this story about a girl?

"Faire use" is conditioned since this is an exception I think, no?

I'd like to know this as well. I think with a big name like MJ it would require a bit more money to use anything of his, especially concert footage. My guess is they asked permission and lied about what it was for, or the footage is all original footage that neither Sony or the Estate has access to.

I can't bring myself to watch the trailer... I'd feel guilty giving it views. And now the same damn circus of people are coming out with the same old shit? God...

Also, is it me, or does the copy of "The Boy" book that guy is holding have a different cover than the one that was found at Neverland?

Its not too late for Wade and Jimmy to do the right thing, admit that they made up lies about MJ because they thought they were gonna get a seven figure payday out of it. They'll never do it willingly as they're way too deep into these lies, but I definitely foresee one of them cracking.

Jussie Smollett was just indicted!

Back to the topic, I'm glad that a lot people are seeing through their lies. Stuff like this will always come up, but now we got sources to back it up.

For those thinking that Wade or Chandler or Safechuck will turn you gotta be delusional. Don't count on the media to turn the documentary into a debate. He already lost this trial in the papers. Most people just don't care about the truth or the debate and they'll take what they see as truth. It will be much much worse than in 1993 or 2005 because now people will see 2 guys discussing the most horrible acts for 4 hours. Get ready for the storm.
No offense but I don't share this baseless optimism.

A Belgian pop star already saw the documentary and he claims to be a big Michael Jackson fan since childhood. He saw the doc and says he believes in MJ's guilt now.
He states that you cannot make up what Wade and Safechuck said because nobody has something to gain from such horrible stories so it must be the truth.
This was all on tv so already a couple of hundred thousand people have heard his verdict

A Belgian pop star already saw the documentary and he claims to be a big Michael Jackson fan since childhood. He saw the doc and says he believes in MJ's guilt now.
He states that you cannot make up what Wade and Safechuck said because nobody has something to gain from such horrible stories so it must be the truth.
This was all on tv so already a couple of hundred thousand people have heard his verdict

Honestly he's just another sheep who will believe what they see. Lack of actual research and just believing what is presented to you based on emotional responses often will lead to this conclusion unfortunately. This is what the media is currently doing.

Honestly he's just another sheep who will believe what they see. Lack of actual research and just believing what is presented to you based on emotional responses often will lead to this conclusion unfortunately. This is what the media is currently doing.

Well true but this is what the reviewers mean with "powerful". It's clear now that it's very convincing and most people will just believe it without the need of looking for the real truth.
Sure we all find the trailer pathetic and the acting terrible but that is probably because we as fans are the only people who really care for the truth. Dan Reed is a professional film maker he unfortunately did a terrific job.

I have zero trust in the estate's defense. I've seen Jermaine's interview he was nervous, he didn't speak clearly, he even had to read the notes he made. The only thing he continued saying was "please let him rest". That was anything but convincing...

I hope dearly this gets to court again, it's the only way to clear his name...

who is this belgian popstar ?

The singer of "Das Pop". I'm not sure the band is known outside Belgium. I don't know their music myself.

Can those goons from the documentary just take a lie detector test and get it all over with?

People tell horrible lies everyday for many different reasons. Money being one of the best of them. People are so naive.

If you have dozens of kids who spent time with Michael and other people that knew him very well saying nothing happened... and the only people that say the opposite are people looking for financial gain... yeah, not hard to see what's going on here.

Now Swedish television is going to send it on March 12th and March 14th ??? Are they so hellbent on destroying his legacy???

This is the begining. My congratulations for the Estate and the Jackson family, you failed to show the truth.

Looks like the review embargo is beginning to lift.

EW
Chicago Sun-Times
Uproxx

All three are using the usual code words ("powerful," "compelling," "convincing"), but the first two do due diligence and acknowledge that the whole thing is one-sided and haven't offered anyone on the defense an attempt to give their side. EW even goes so far to say, "For review purposes, let us leave it at this: As a documentary in the strictest sense of the word, Leaving Neverland is a failure." (Mind you, they still give it a B review, but at least they're offering some level of legitimacy.)

Yikes. Yikes, yikes, yikes. I don't remember 2003-05 too much, but if this was the shit that you all had to go through, I applaud you for surviving. I'm slowly reaching the end of my rope.

I clicked the trailer. I didn't want to, but I did it to give the thumbs down. I didn't watch the trailer though, but I think it still adds to the view count even if you don't watch. I'm not going to watch four hours of garbage either. I don't think it's necessary because people are going to post the content of the heaping pile of dung anyway. Hopefully all those people saying to "watch the film" will finally shut the hell up.

Who is seriously going to watch 4 hours of someone describing "child abuse"? Most people will see the running time and turn the channel over.

Supposedly the first part is an introduction.last 45 mins the graphic stuff then the next 2 hr show is them getting experts to try and con people into how robson and co supported mj all these years

[QUOTEI hope dearly this gets to court again, it's the only way to clear his name...][/QUOTE]

but how can it go to court? michael not here to defend himself so how can it go to court? if you are hoping the estate will do anything if wishful thinking cuz they wouldve done more by now

#
Yikes. Yikes, yikes, yikes. I don't remember 2003-05 too much, but if this was the shit that you all had to go through, I applaud you for surviving. I'm slowly reaching the end of my rope.

2005 was really really bad but this is so much worse hence mike not being here to defend himself

I have a feeling, that we will win this game!

Now Swedish television is going to send it on March 12th and March 14th ??? Are they so hellbent on destroying his legacy???
Ok which countrys do we have now?

USA
United Kingdom
Austrailia
Sweden
Netherlands
Denmark
Belgium

Did I forget one?
Exept from USA have all countrys mostly a white population.

Last edited:
Back