Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

This seems like a very 'extreme' reaction to LN:

Michael Jackson’s ‘Neverland’ Relists for $31 Million—Or 70% Off

The onetime "Neverland" ranch of the late pop star Michael Jackson is returning to the market for $31 million, a dramatic discount from its original asking price of $100 million in 2015.

It is the latest development in the yearslong effort to sell the property. In 2017, after nearly two years on the market at the $100 million price tag, the property switched listing agents to Beverly Hills, Calif.-based Joyce Rey of Coldwell Banker, and the price was slashed to $67 million. A few months later it was taken off the market. It is now being relisted at the $31 million price with Suzanne Perkins of Compass, who was one of the original listing agents from the property’s first go on the market in 2015.

Ms. Perkins said the property failed to sell in part because "a price tag of $100 million is not chump change." Plus the property didn’t show well because of the drought affecting California at the time, said Kyle Forsyth, a colleague of Ms. Perkins who shares the listing. The property was also held off the market because of the mudslides and wildfires that afflicted the Santa Barbara, Calif. area. "Everyone pulled back for about a year in general," Mr. Forsyth said, but now "it’s the right time."

Well, sort of: In a few days, HBO is slated to air a documentary entitled "Leaving Neverland" that details the accounts of two men who say they were molested by the pop star as children. Mr. Jackson’s estate filed a breach of contract lawsuit against HBO, alleging that airing the documentary would violate a nondisparagement clause from a 1992 contract with Mr. Jackson, according to Howard Weitzman, an attorney for the Jackson estate.

Mr. Weitzman said the timing of the listing has no relationship to the documentary and lawsuit and is entirely coincidental. Mr. Forsyth added that the owners want to sell because "it’s time for new stewardship."

Located about 40 miles from Santa Barbara, the ranch is owned by a joint venture between Mr. Jackson’s estate and a fund managed by Colony Capital, a real-estate investment trust. Mr. Jackson had defaulted on a loan backed by the ranch, and Colony bought the note in 2008 and put the property’s title into a joint venture it formed with the pop star.

Mr. Jackson paid $19.5 million for the Los Olivos property in 1987 and lived there more than 15 years, during which time he added whimsical features such a floral clock that spells out "Neverland" and a train station. Those structures remain in place on the roughly 2,700-acre property, along with the roughly 12,000-square-foot main house where Mr. Jackson lived.

The amusement park rides once installed no longer exist, Mr. Forsyth said, although the fire department building does, along with a 1950s firetruck, a swimming pool, basketball court and multiple guesthouses.

Colony spent millions on upgrades to the infrastructure, systems and landscaping with an eye to selling the property, but didn’t make major changes, according to Mr. Forsyth, who previously worked at Colony as the asset manager for the ranch. He emphasized that the property is now known as "Sycamore Valley Ranch."

https://www.mansionglobal.com/artic...rland-relists-for-31-million-or-70-off-122721

Re: Sundance Festival 2019 - Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland"

That's its real value though.

This is a good video from Nicols View about Oprah and LN.
I hope some black people in the US will really wake up now and didn't suport her any longer.

GREAT TO HAVE YOU HERE MJ UNITED aka Manu!

Last edited:

Nice to see you manu.

Nevvy was always over priced

myosotis;4243587 said:
This seems like a very 'extreme' reaction to LN:

Michael Jackson’s ‘Neverland’ Relists for $31 Million—Or 70% Off

The onetime "Neverland" ranch of the late pop star Michael Jackson is returning to the market for $31 million, a dramatic discount from its original asking price of $100 million in 2015.

It is the latest development in the yearslong effort to sell the property. In 2017, after nearly two years on the market at the $100 million price tag, the property switched listing agents to Beverly Hills, Calif.-based Joyce Rey of Coldwell Banker, and the price was slashed to $67 million. A few months later it was taken off the market. It is now being relisted at the $31 million price with Suzanne Perkins of Compass, who was one of the original listing agents from the property’s first go on the market in 2015.

Ms. Perkins said the property failed to sell in part because "a price tag of $100 million is not chump change." Plus the property didn’t show well because of the drought affecting California at the time, said Kyle Forsyth, a colleague of Ms. Perkins who shares the listing. The property was also held off the market because of the mudslides and wildfires that afflicted the Santa Barbara, Calif. area. "Everyone pulled back for about a year in general," Mr. Forsyth said, but now "it’s the right time."

Well, sort of: In a few days, HBO is slated to air a documentary entitled "Leaving Neverland" that details the accounts of two men who say they were molested by the pop star as children. Mr. Jackson’s estate filed a breach of contract lawsuit against HBO, alleging that airing the documentary would violate a nondisparagement clause from a 1992 contract with Mr. Jackson, according to Howard Weitzman, an attorney for the Jackson estate.

Mr. Weitzman said the timing of the listing has no relationship to the documentary and lawsuit and is entirely coincidental. Mr. Forsyth added that the owners want to sell because "it’s time for new stewardship."

Located about 40 miles from Santa Barbara, the ranch is owned by a joint venture between Mr. Jackson’s estate and a fund managed by Colony Capital, a real-estate investment trust. Mr. Jackson had defaulted on a loan backed by the ranch, and Colony bought the note in 2008 and put the property’s title into a joint venture it formed with the pop star.

Mr. Jackson paid $19.5 million for the Los Olivos property in 1987 and lived there more than 15 years, during which time he added whimsical features such a floral clock that spells out "Neverland" and a train station. Those structures remain in place on the roughly 2,700-acre property, along with the roughly 12,000-square-foot main house where Mr. Jackson lived.

The amusement park rides once installed no longer exist, Mr. Forsyth said, although the fire department building does, along with a 1950s firetruck, a swimming pool, basketball court and multiple guesthouses.

Colony spent millions on upgrades to the infrastructure, systems and landscaping with an eye to selling the property, but didn’t make major changes, according to Mr. Forsyth, who previously worked at Colony as the asset manager for the ranch. He emphasized that the property is now known as "Sycamore Valley Ranch."

https://www.mansionglobal.com/artic...rland-relists-for-31-million-or-70-off-122721

I dont think it's a reaction to LN at all .
They overvalued the ranch in the first place , plus it has been incredible difficult to sell it .
Neverland has a very strong identity , it will always be linked to MJPotential investors could never invest it emotionally as for the general public it's stays Michael Jackson ranch no matter what .

#leavingHBO

I will call TWC and cancel my subscription. And ask to talk to a manager to explain why.

I am not subscribed to HBO, but I do have Hulu and I was looking forward to watching Game of Thrones. But I've come to the decision I will never ever ever give a dime again to HBO. I have a good plan on how to watch the end of Game of Thrones though.

I will wait until the last season is on Blu Ray, then I will "buy" it from Bol.com, well known site in Holland. I say buy in quotation because you can choose to pay them money later. You have up to 14 days after receiving your order to pay it. In one or two days I can finish Game of Thrones. I return the Blu Ray to the shop, no money to HBO, and I've watched for free. HBO... you can get...

images3ekqt.jpeg

This is making my heart heavy [will it ever end?] but I am getting strength from you guys continuing the fight for Michael. The pictures of the bus advert are great. It's not going to be easy next week, with the trial he was acquitted. Where's the acquittal for this? I fear it will continue on and on.

I was watching some TV at my stepfather's place just now and it was the channel SBS6 on Dutch TV. They even had a advert about MJ, it showed MJ hand in hand with Lisa Marie and I am not 100% sure it was a ad about LN, but really, what else? So it seems that both VPRO and SBS6 are going to air it, which is just sad.

It would be a good LIVE-question for Wade & James what their intentions and destinations were to let nearly everyone in whole word know that they were abbused by Michael Jackson?
Why were the big united states not good enough?
Why did it have to be the whole world and all future generations?

I am interested what and how they answer this question.

I mean they could have make sure in their contract that it should only air in one or two countrys but they didn't made any restriction with their greedy ego minds.
It didn't matter to them what they do to millions of people who love Michael and how it will infact their lifes in their cold greedy empathyless hearts!!!!

Last edited:
myosotis;4243587 said:
This seems like a very 'extreme' reaction to LN

I think it is coincidental and doesn't have anything to do with the documentary.

I’m not sure if he’s managed to correct the situation, but as of mid last year, Tom Barrack has lost more than half his fortune due to a merger a few years ago. He’s also under scrutiny for his Trump connection and for comments about the journalist murdered by the Saudi Prince. The drop in price just shows that he's highly motivated to sell the property, that's all.

Soundmind;4243588 said:
That's its real value though.

I agree. Other properties in the area, with more modern homes on them, are selling for around $25-26 million.

They r getting a share. Do u believe for a minute they r not getting paid for this? Dan Reed has lied about everything so far why would not hr lie about the fact that they r paid.

I am happy that Marlon is standing up for Michael. He was the only brother who was not seen with MJ during the 2005 trial. The fact that he is vocal now shows his character and that he loved his brother. He has called a program this morning and defended mj according to him the family will have its own documentary to show to the world that must be Taj's which is great. I am no fan of them but I must admit that they have stood up for their brother and never abandoned him even when he is no longer here.

Soundmind;4243612 said:
They r getting a share. Do u believe for a minute they r not getting paid for this? Dan Reed has lied about everything so far why would not hr lie about the fact that they r paid.

Even if they weren’t paid for this documentary, it’s really only a technicality to use that to say “this isn’t about money”. They’ll be paid for their interviews etc and they’ll likely get a book deal at the end of this etc etc. There’ll make heaps of money off the back of this even if they weren’t given an advance for the doc itself.

"This too shall past." Our LOVE for Michael Jackson is FOREVER!!!! ??

Last edited:

If the Oprah crap was yesterday it should have been picked up by now by some of these media sources, right? They take all their chances they can get to shit on Mike. I don't look on these sites, so i guess in this case ignorance is bliss. Or have they not picked it up yet?

I saw a link to something that said something to the tune of 'Wade believes there are loads more victims'. Is he still expecting people to come forward? I find it amusing that Wade seems oblivious to the fact that real victims of child abuse don't want to become celebrities off the back of it. This is what I keep coming back to a bit. Obviously people should speak out if something like this happens to them, but the idea that people could realise something THAT traumatic had happened to them and feel fine and healed enough to go and talk about it on tv within a year later..doesn't seem realistic to me. Everyone is different but I have first hand experience of talking to victims, many of them can barely stand to utter the words in private, never mind go into gory detail for a global audience.

I also saw a tweet the other day from LAT Entertainment that baffled me. I can't seen to upload a screencap but it reads as follows:

'As #LeavingNeverland details, both men now say they were under immense pressure from Jackson & his lawyers to keep quiet about their alleged molestation. Robson says he was sexually abused from age 7. Safechuck says MJ started molesting him at age 10'.

Now..have LAT fluffed this info up or do they really say that? Do they actually claim that MJ and his lawyers came along and said 'shhhh don't tell anyone you were molested!' at some point?! If so, how in the heck would that make sense?

New Video from Michael Jackson Innocent Project

"Leaving Neverland 'Why whould they Lie?' - The Jussie Smollet Horax"

I am still waiting for exposing Michael Jocobshagen videos.

This website called Vox, never heard of it though, calls LN a devastating case against MJ. I had not heard any jokes yet today but that's the first one now.

New Video from Michael Jackson Innocent Project

"Leaving Neverland 'Why whould they Lie?' - The Jussie Smollet Horax"

I am still waiting for exposing Michael Jocobshagen videos.

Nice! Been waiting on their new video for a minute. Shared it on my FB right away with a little text about how this hopefully wakes people up and not to jump to conclusions and certainly not follow #MeToo blindly.

Staffordshire Bullterrier;4243630 said:
This website called Vox, never heard of it though, calls LN a devastating case against MJ. I had not heard any jokes yet today but that's the first one now.

F*** them. The media also said the 2005 case was “devastating” against MJ, and we all knew the truth there.

This is the media narrative. They will all write this cr**. Can you imagine ANY mainstream media publication coming out now against Wade or James? They’d be accused of siding with an abuser over child sex victims. None of them will do the research, they’ll all accept the documentary at face value and they’ll all trash MJ. No surprise there at all. Rise above it and don’t get sucked in to the bull****. There are people out there who don’t buy into this and know the facts.

The internet is full of new MJ news this morning. Every major outlet in North America is printing some version of the story. Mostly related to the CBS interview with the boys this morning, or the Oprah special, or about the HBO special premiering this weekend. Many opinion articles about why this destroys MJ.... ughhh . I've been on Twitter the past hour fighting this nonsense.

The good news is that both the US and Canada have big political scandals going on right now, both of which broke yesterday (Trump and Trudeau). So our media is fixated on that for quite a while.

travis3000;4243638 said:
The internet is full of new MJ news this morning. Every major outlet in North America is printing some version of the story. Mostly related to the CBS interview with the boys this morning, or the Oprah special, or about the HBO special premiering this weekend. Many opinion articles about why this destroys MJ.... ughhh . I've been on Twitter the past hour fighting this nonsense.

The good news is that both the US and Canada have big political scandals going on right now, both of which broke yesterday (Trump and Trudeau). So our media is fixated on that for quite a while.
Ok but please don’t call them boys. They are 37 resp 41.

The media knows that Michael didn’t commit those crimes. They’re only doing this because they want ratings, money, wanting to be seen. Ever since Trump got elected, not only here in the USA, but the whole world is on edge. Everyone is playing with our emotions now, and that’s not right. After Harvey Weinstein got exposed, everyone else surrounding him is trying to cover up their tracks because they’re afraid they’ll be next. However, we’ caught on to their game a long time ago. Michael said it best during “The Wiz:” “Success, fame and fortune, they’re all illusions.” Many times we’ve heard the cons of being famous, but most people today still understand it, all they see is glitz and glamor. Not just Michael, but other entertainers as well. Being tricked by record companies, going out on tour numerous times just to make ends meet. And people are still wondering why singers are filing for bankruptcy. Prince (the legendary Purple one) warned us, TLC did their movie about it showing their ups and downs. Even that Whitney Houston documentary last year showed the world that not all things are what it seemed.

So, I already forgave the media, not because of what they did, but it’s because of who they are. It’s fine to be outraged about this while thing, I’m with you, however, if you still feel angry, they keep that power over you. I did my part on helping out any way I can. After that mockumentary airs, my feelings will not be any different than it was last year. We survived Michael’s trial, we will definitely get through this. God’s got out back, he never let us down. You may not agree with it right now, but it’s true.

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME, AND ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD!

Back