Could Michael Jackson be a Religion?? (NOT comparing MJ to God, closer to religion like Buddha (?))

Re: Could Michael Jackson be a Religion??

I know Catholics believe in the Trinity. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

Confusing to explain, but this is from a website which tries to do so -

• There is exactly one God
  • There are three really distinct Persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
  • Each of the Persons is God

The Trinity is not

• Three individuals who together make one God
  • Three Gods joined together
  • Three properties of God
Its confusing for me and I'm a Catholic......

Btw, not sure which group of Christian's believe that Jesus is God (saw that posted)

Last edited:

OMG!! I was thinking about this the other day!!

yea I've been thinking about this since a week after he died or so!
no disrespect intended, and I really know how lame it seems to discuss if Michael was a prophet sent from god.

I remember how Michael always was so humble when people flooded him with compliments about his music and creations. He'd always say something about it being gods creation.

I think symbolicly there just sososososoooooooooo many things in compairing to Jesus.

Only - Jesus did'nt have any siblings - Michael had almost 10 o_0 :p

for me Michael is God and Angel...and I am not guilty but proud and content to say that the only true Messiah or person or "almight" I worship is my King of Kings Michael Joseph Jackson.

Depending on what Religion you follow. Most christian's believe Jesus is God.

This is true. I am Episcopalian and we believe in God The Father and the son, and the Holy Ghost.

So was I because I see a lot of posts meant to encourage in which some people say "keep michaeling". I was like "okay so is liking Michael becoming a religion now."

However, as a Christian, I follow and worship only God, and yes, Jesus is God.

Michael was a supremely gifted entertainer, a generous humanitarian, and a wonderful father. But he had his fair share of faults and frailties as a human being. He was vain, at times ego-driven (see the HIStory trailer) and quite extravagant in his tastes. By comparison, if we take the biblical account at its word (remember its authors compiled and edited it to attract followers), Jesus urged the sale of all material possessions and lived a subsistence lifestyle. Jesus also performed supernatural miracles, if the biblical account is considered a historical document rather than a collection of myths and parables. Michael deserves our enormous praise and gratitude for all that he gave us but let's not set a standard, in this case a religious one, that he couldn't possibly live up to.

To me Michael is a religion already.

I think to be religion for michael is insulting!

there are too many religion and only one god!
is not it enough? i do not want michael to be part of them!

of caurse he can! but i think he must not!
and we must not do it!

to compare michael and jesus is not good!
jesus and his father created michael.
jesus said follow me and be like me, but not be me!
jesus said he who does so will live forever, will be happy as a human,
he did not mean being god or another useless religion!

michael do not need to be religion!
he will be loved more without it!

michael would not loved to be religion!
he believed in god and wanted to do what god wanted,

this means he was good human but not angel or send by god!

god send us only jesus! only jesus was his son!

michael is son of joe jackson! son of human!

king of pop and king of heaven is not same!
jesus would never support show_business. and you know it very well!

first of all I love god , then jesus!
only after them I love michael! and this is what michael wanted!

god do not need to send someone else after jesus!

I don't think anyone was saying that Michael is God or that anyone should worship Michael instead of the Creator (in whichever form you believe one exists). Many (oh wait, most or all?) religions are based on the teachings and inspiration of a particular leader, teacher or prophet (or even a group of them). It doesn't make the messenger into God, just revered as a spiritual human who helped open many eyes to the truth.

In my personal belief, there could definitely be "modern day prophets". To believe that the only ones with the truth or with a message from above came to humans hundreds or even thousands of years ago seems kind of sad. Why not now? Why not in 1850 or 1684 or 2009? It brings me back to something I wrote before, that I think the big religions are so entrenched these days that a fledgling one would have one heck of a fight getting off the ground. I just mean that so many of us are taught from a young age that to even dare a thought outside the box (or book, in this instance) is blasphemy. So sometimes even if we grow up and feel ourselves to be free thinkers we still have that deep-seated guilt for even discussing such a thing.

As for "too many religions", yeah maybe so. I guess there's two different possibilities: 1) there aren't enough religions (or spiritual paths) and there should be even more so that everyone can find something that fits and brings them to God in their own unique way, or 2) there are too many, but as long as everyone is invested in their own that will never change. Everyone so invested believes theirs is the right one, of course. Could it not be, though, that everyone's is the right one and once we realize that we can finally unite? Like everyone's got a piece of the puzzle, a piece of the knowledge of God and existence? No piece is wrong, but no piece comes close to the whole picture either. That's what I believe. No one is wrong when the ideal of love is at the core.

Which just brought me back to the main topic. If we could unite the puzzle pieces and keep them from trying to kill each other, no matter what their beliefs, race, gender, color, etc, then true spirituality could come to Earth. And how does one do that? How do we get everyone, regardless of all the differences we so like to fight over, together in love? Michael did that. For glorious shining moments at concerts and for so many other moments in the hearts of those who listen to him (speeches, songs, interviews, etc). Heck, music does that in general, but Michael in particular, in a way transcending even in appearance categories like race and gender, plus his message of love and kindness and unity. So why couldn't that be a manifestation of a higher force? Someone who so willingly channeled energy from God to us, tried to teach us to love and care for each other. Spiritual belief systems of the past have been based on the teachings of other humans just like this. I don't like the word "religion" here (because it immediately pisses so many people off, lol), but a philosophy or a sort of spiritual guidance sounds fitting.

Last edited:

I think to be religion for michael is insulting!

there are too many religion and only one god!
is not it enough? i do not want michael to be part of them!

of caurse he can! but i think he must not!
and we must not do it!

to compare michael and jesus is not good!
jesus and his father created michael.
jesus said follow me and be like me, but not be me!
jesus said he who does so will live forever, will be happy as a human,
he did not mean being god or another useless religion!

michael do not need to be religion!
he will be loved more without it!

michael would not loved to be religion!
he believed in god and wanted to do what god wanted,

this means he was good human but not angel or send by god!

god send us only jesus! only jesus was his son!

michael is son of joe jackson! son of human!

king of pop and king of heaven is not same!
jesus would never support show_business. and you know it very well!

first of all I love god , then jesus!
only after them I love michael! and this is what michael wanted!

god do not need to send someone else after jesus!

Great post. You really get to the heart of the matter here. Everybody needs to read this post. This tells it like it is.

There are many books written on the subject of incarnated angels actually (even though angels belong in a total different category from the human souls). I personally believe Michael was a Lightworker (an enlightened human soul working for the highest good).
But back on topic, in a way Michael WOULD fit the criteria of starting a religion. God always sends people to help humanity. But Michael was not a prophet or a saint literally (maybe metaphorically). And his soul was totally human, that's why a religion in his name would never be created.

I totally agree with you. I think he was a lightworker too, great post :)

I don't think anyone was saying that Michael is God or that anyone should worship Michael instead of the Creator (in whichever form you believe one exists). Many (oh wait, most or all?) religions are based on the teachings and inspiration of a particular leader, teacher or prophet (or even a group of them). It doesn't make the messenger into God, just revered as a spiritual human who helped open many eyes to the truth.

In my personal belief, there could definitely be "modern day prophets". To believe that the only ones with the truth or with a message from above came to humans hundreds or even thousands of years ago seems kind of sad. Why not now? Why not in 1850 or 1684 or 2009? It brings me back to something I wrote before, that I think the big religions are so entrenched these days that a fledgling one would have one heck of a fight getting off the ground. I just mean that so many of us are taught from a young age that to even dare a thought outside the box (or book, in this instance) is blasphemy. So sometimes even if we grow up and feel ourselves to be free thinkers we still have that deep-seated guilt for even discussing such a thing.

As for "too many religions", yeah maybe so. I guess there's two different possibilities: 1) there aren't enough religions (or spiritual paths) and there should be even more so that everyone can find something that fits and brings them to God in their own unique way, or 2) there are too many, but as long as everyone is invested in their own that will never change. Everyone so invested believes theirs is the right one, of course. Could it not be, though, that everyone's is the right one and once we realize that we can finally unite? Like everyone's got a piece of the puzzle, a piece of the knowledge of God and existence? No piece is wrong, but no piece comes close to the whole picture either. That's what I believe. No one is wrong when the ideal of love is at the core.

Which just brought me back to the main topic. If we could unite the puzzle pieces and keep them from trying to kill each other, no matter what their beliefs, race, gender, color, etc, then true spirituality could come to Earth. And how does one do that? How do we get everyone, regardless of all the differences we so like to fight over, together in love? Michael did that. For glorious shining moments at concerts and for so many other moments in the hearts of those who listen to him (speeches, songs, interviews, etc). Heck, music does that in general, but Michael in particular, in a way transcending even in appearance categories like race and gender, plus his message of love and kindness and unity. So why couldn't that be a manifestation of a higher force? Someone who so willingly channeled energy from God to us, tried to teach us to love and care for each other. Spiritual belief systems of the past have been based on the teachings of other humans just like this. I don't like the word "religion" here (because it immediately pisses so many people off, lol), but a philosophy or a sort of spiritual guidance sounds fitting.

Wow, can I say I love you! LOL.. Great post!, You got what I meant. Really!
Read this post peeps!

Back