Dangerous 25: what would you like to see happen? [UNCONFIRMED]

Re: Dangerous 25: what would you like to see happen?

I think Bucharest was comprised of different shows. Because there are certain crowd shots, which do not match up. Can't really point it out for now, so if anyone else can that would be great!

I think Bucharest was comprised of different shows. Because there are certain crowd shots, which do not match up. Can't really point it out for now, so if anyone else can that would be great!

Not just crowd shots, but you can tell they're different shows.. because during the munich black or white footage in the dvd he wears a different shirt, and a gold necklace! same as during the snippets during the performance of thriller.. much higher quality than the mostly featured show! but yes, the crowd shots are a factor too.. that kid who get's focused on in the edit, during smooth criminal really annoys me though..

It was a fast release I heard once, that they rushed the DVD, because of Michael not touring for Invincible. So they rushed it so fans could go "Oh yeah, this is what he used to do."

You can see blue sky during some crowd shots in Bucharest and many little shots are also from other concerts. The long spin during Man in the Mirror for an example.

That is a different show. I think it was from Paris or London, I forget.

Well, for Dangerous 25 if it ever happens, which it should after not getting any bonus material in 2001, I'd like this to happen:

Dangerous, the album
+ Dangerous Outtakes
+ Dangerous Tour (Live from Tokyo 1992) with Dangerous live from Mexico City as bonus.
+ Booklet and packaging alá Bad 25

I would like to see another documentary just like for Bad 25, with some unseen footage. Also a live concert in a better quality than Romania.

No live concerts. Make a Dangerous documentary and include footage of The Way You Make Me Feel, Bad and Dangerous as bonus footage.

Nah, a live concert too.

When making Dangerous 25 it would be really easy for them just to re-release the Bucharest concert. I really hope they don't do that because fans want to see something new. Munich, Tokyo, Monza or any concert that has Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel would be great.

When making Dangerous 25 it would be really easy for them just to re-release the Bucharest concert. I really hope they don't do that because fans want to see something new. Munich, Tokyo, Monza or any concert that has Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel would be great.

Or maybe Oviedo? was rumored to be shot on film.. don't know how true that is, but at least we have a source of information stating that there is a show from the tour shot on film.. who knows which it is and which year it is from? Fairly sure Bangkok 1993 is on film... i.e film snippets on The Life Of An Icon.. they can include whatever song's are missing from the highest available quality sources.. 1992 press conference, superbowl performance etc.! would be cool.. plus, there are SO MANY unreleased tracks from the dangerous sessions.. would love a 14 track Dangerous 2.0.. with a 3rd disc of demo's/alternate versions for the original album's song's & 4th Disc for a Live CD.. 5 discs would be manageable and a great idea.. a dangerous themed case with programs, tickets, t-shirt etc.! would slay..

I'd want a set of contemporized songs from the Dangerous era as a separate album (with a different album title) and then an ala Bad 25th deluxe edition album. In this case, you'd have a new set of unreleased songs contemporised from the Dangerous era to get public attention as it did for Xscape, and then a boxset comprise of an HD concert + documentary/studio footages + demos.

Rome, Monza or Tokyo 92 please!!

I don't care what's on Dangerous 25 as long as there aren't those annoying interviews interrupting everything!

They need to release studio footage!! Imagine seeing Michael recording Who Is It or Will You Be There! Or Black or White! Or Remember The Time! OMG! Did I mention Who Is It?! :jump: :rollin::bounce

Last edited:

This might be a bit unrelated, but I'm watching the MLB Home Run Derby right now and they just did a special "Stand Up To Cancer" thing where the audience was encouraged to get up from their seats and show off cards that say "I'm standing up for (insert name here). They stadium was playing "Will You Be There" during this portion, and it was a surprise to me since it's not exactly a very well-known MJ song, but it fit perfectly with the message that they were trying to get across.

One of MJ's songs being juxtaposed with a charitable organization and message is exactly the kind of thing that Michael himself would have been ecstatic about. It got me thinking that if Dangerous actually DOES get a deluxe re-release in the future, then the Estate could possible strike a deal with a well known charity and feature either "Heal The World" or "Will You Be There" in a commercial or something like that. Since "Heal The World" was the centerpiece number during the Super Bowl Halftime show in '93, I just think that it'd be interesting to have the same song being played during football games 25 years later, especially since pretty much every major league sports each have their own ties to different charity organization.

It might seem unlikely that something like this would actually happen, but I just think that it would be cool if the "message" songs from Dangerous could get another chance in the spotlight, since those were the kinds of songs that Michael felt the most proud of.

If the project still goes on I would love to see the first show from munich, or any show from 1992.

Not sure it's needed is it?

Dangerous the album - already perfect
Dangerous: 'The Short Films' - already perfect
Dangerous Tour: Live in Bucharest - agree with others about too many crowd shots, but as a concert, pretty perfect

I doubt they will do Dangerous 25 because sales of Bad 25 were poor. But if they decide to do it I hope they don't waste any releasable song on anniversary album like this. In my opinion songs like Price Of Fame & I'm So Blue should have been saved for Xscape type album. Those 2 songs could have been hits if they were released on proper album like Xscape. This way no one knows about these 2 wonderful and really great songs. Imagine those 2 songs on Xscape!

So if they decide to do Dangerous 25 I hope for CD2 of demos of previously released material and unreleasable demos. Blu-rays of Dangerous: The Short Films and Dangerous Tour: Live in Bucharest or any other concert (München, Buenos Aires..). Blu-rays, not DVDs and absolutely not VHS! Live CD should also be released as part of box set but also as separate 2CD with full show. Making of Dangerous album with a lot of studio footage and with no people who were not part of the album (Chris Brown, Justin Bieber, Mariah Carey and numerous unnecessary journalists), just archive footage and interviews with producers, musicians, songwritters and engineers.

I am referring to those strong contenders in their untouched form that didn’t make the album (outtakes, unreleased, etc.) & not to any kind of alterations (contemporisations, remixes, & so on).

I hope that plans for releasing such type of material (& recapturing in the best possible way the Dangerous era) are likely to resurface after the cancellation (due to CD format capacity limitations) of the bonus material that was going to be included on the Dangerous - Special Edition (2001).

analogue;4089155 said:
Hopefully we'll finally get to hear Men In Black

It is really sad only that song to be (possibly) officially released when there are & some other outtakes of that collaboration (for example, Fever, Stay, Verdict(s), 7 Digits).

Last edited:
We don't know if there is even going to be Dangerous 25. If it happens I hope they make documentary about it like Bad 25 and release a new concert.

There isn't anything official yet as Dangerous' 25th anniversary is still over a year and half away. Waaaay too early for The Estate or Sony to announce anything.

Hope we get a Dangerous 25 though.

Galactus123;4089159 said:
We don't know if there is even going to be Dangerous 25. If it happens I hope they make documentary about it like Bad 25 and release a new concert.

For me, the only (maybe) acceptable visual material would be some footage from Dangerous recording sessions (instead of live performances that, for the most part, are pretty available these days).

Moreover, I am really getting tired of people talking about MJ in various officially released documentaries.

In my opinion, authentic material has to come to light at some point (instead of being locked in the vaults & collecting dust)…

mj_frenzy;4089162 said:
For me, the only (maybe) acceptable visual material would be some footage from Dangerous recording sessions (instead of live performances that, for the most part, are pretty available these days).

Moreover, I am really getting tired of people talking about MJ in various officially released documentaries.

In my opinion, authentic material has to come to light at some point (instead of being locked in the vaults & collecting dust)…

Focusing on visual materials, I'd love to have a documentary that centers on Michael as the creative artist and has footage of him working in the studio. People need to see that. I would also be interested in the Dangerous tour finally coming to Blu-ray or something as well.

TBH - If Men In Black is anywhere near as good as people who have heard it says I really hope they do not waste it on a 25 anniversary edition only fans will really care about.

If Men In Black really could be a MJ classic it should be released on an all new album with other new song.

I can't wait to hear the song, but if it is really that good it deserves a proper release.

I hope for a Dangerous 25 doc too. - But more studio footage please! - And more footage with MJ. (I think MJ recorded more in the Dangerous era than in the BAD - tech was better and cheaper)

I really hope they will release studio footage! Imagine seeing Michael recording Dangerous, WYBT and Who Is It :D Daaamn!

Will You Be There and Who Is It is some of the studio footage I would MOST want to see!! - Pure magic !!

Back