Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

Odds are, I will get things wrong in the future. But I've forced myself into severe caution whenever I'm discussing Michael's unreleased music, because it leads to several page arguments such as the one we're having.

I don't want to bog this thread down with arguments, nor do I want to keep battling you. I just want the focus to be on the FACTS.

Agreed.

AlwaysThere;4282932 said:
Big ups to SmoothGangsta and dethorro for the backup. Grade-A users :)

Again, the comment you quoted was from six years ago. This 1997 revelation came five months ago.

I will never deny that I have gotten things wrong in the past for several reasons, not least of which being the habit of believing anything anybody told me and asserting my assumptions/opinions as absolute fact. Odds are, I will get things wrong in the future. But I've forced myself into severe caution whenever I'm discussing Michael's unreleased music, because it leads to several page arguments such as the one we're having.

I don't want to bog this thread down with arguments, nor do I want to keep battling you. I just want the focus to be on the FACTS.

AlwaysThere, I appreciate your effort and work regarding Michael Jackson’s unreleased material.

I am just showing to you that you cannot so easily accuse others of spreading misinformation that causes further confusion to an already perplexing topic of Michael Jackson’s unreleased material, when your post history (here and elsewhere) clearly shows that many of your statements about that topic have been saddled with misinformation, inaccuracies and contradictions.

About ‘In The Back’ specifically, it has been documented by many and different sources as a song that was recorded in 1994 (among others, Kit O'Toole, Mike Smallcombe, Chris Cadman, Craig Halstead, liner notes of ‘The Ultimate Collection’, etc).

And just because the liner notes of ‘The Ultimate Collection’ have few mistakes, this does not necessarily mean that the information of the booklet about the year of the ‘In The Back’ recording has to be incorrect, too.

Also, as far as I am aware, the year 1997 as the year of its recording is mentioned only by Joseph Vogel, and I would like to know where his information is based on.

And a most recent revelation about a thing (such as, Joseph Vogel’s revelation about it that came five months ago) does not necessarily mean that the most recent revelation has to be the correct one.

Themidwestcowboy;4282914 said:
Ok but can you please provide the picture with the alternate tracklist for BOTDF with In the back?

dethorro;4282915 said:
For example.....I’d like to see the supposed early press releases of BOTDF with In The Back in the track list.

I have already clarified it: early press releases announced the album with ‘In The Back’ as being one of the included tracks.

Unfortunately, there are no available photos of those early press releases that I could post, but this does not change that fact.

And this fact also proves that eventually the inclusion of ‘Superfly Sister’ on the album (in the place of ‘In The Back’) was a decision taken at the last minute.

I agree. though Michael didn't want any of his undone songs released.

If he would see now how much we crave demo's or anything else he'd authorize it in a heartbeat. I'm going to be really insensitive and selfish here and say MJ to hell with what you want in this case, we want your music, everything! ;-)

If he would see now how much we crave demo's or anything else he'd authorize it in a heartbeat. I'm going to be really insensitive and selfish here and say MJ to hell with what you want in this case, we want your music, everything! ;-)

I agree a 1000%.

I do clearly remember seeing IN THE BACK in the press release that came out I think on April 2nd 1997 when this project was first announced and on the official Epic website at that time. It was shown as track 3. I remember being confused when I got the actual CD on May 20th and seeing a different track listed in the actual track list.

My God I really hope some unreleased MJ gets released this year (even though I doubt it will happen) I think we all need it

My God I really hope some unreleased MJ gets released this year (even though I doubt it will happen) I think we all need it

I would even being happy with just a deluxe anniversary re-release of 2010s MICHAEL - containing original versions of BoJ, AD, BTM & MTS. But I guess this is just daydreaming.

I would even being happy with just a deluxe anniversary re-release of 2010s MICHAEL - containing original versions of BoJ, AD, BTM & MTS. But I guess this is just daydreaming.
OMG yes the original Version of Best of Joy would be a dream come true

That's your opinion. I feel we need to respect his wishes. though. I do find it funny that if he release demos in the past but then say he don't demos release is kind of silly. though I know one time one of his songs release before he die and he was very very upset about it that he cried. he wanted to be an surprise. so we can never say what MJ had plan but for him to very very upset about it it must was something he was very proud of and people didn't ask him and took it from him before even release it himself. I know that feeling too well and I know that must of really hurt it him.

That's your opinion. I feel we need to respect his wishes. though. I do find it funny that if he release demos in the past but then say he don't demos release is kind of silly. though I know one time one of his songs release before he die and he was very very upset about it that he cried. he wanted to be an surprise. so we can never say what MJ had plan but for him to very very upset about it it must was something he was very proud of and people didn't ask him and took it from him before even release it himself. I know that feeling too well and I know that must of really hurt it him.

It was tongue in cheek mostly but I can't help it, I'd love it if it happened and I'm sure you would listen to them too if you had the chance ;-)

I probably would listen to them if they are release because let's face it once something is out it's out. you can't hide anything these days. as of right now I respect Michael wishes. my opinion. either take it or leave it.

I do clearly remember seeing IN THE BACK in the press release that came out I think on April 2nd 1997 when this project was first announced and on the official Epic website at that time. It was shown as track 3. I remember being confused when I got the actual CD on May 20th and seeing a different track listed in the actual track list.

Thank you very much for your confirmation about that.

‘What You Do To Me’ is an outtake from the ‘BAD’ album, and it was written by Michael Jackson in 1985.

This song is an interesting case because he re-considered almost fifteen years later (and after some slight changes to the song) including ‘What You Do To Me’ on his ‘Invincible’ album.

‘Rolling The Dice’ is an unreleased song from the ‘Thriller’ album sessions, and it was written by Rod Temperton.

‘Who Do You Know’ is another unreleased song from the ‘Thriller’ album sessions, which is fully complete but it did not make the album’s official track list.

‘In The Valley’ is an outtake from the ‘Invincible’ album sessions, and it was co-written by Michael Jackson and Tyrese Gibson.

‘Get Around’ is another outtake from the ‘Invincible’ album sessions, which Michael Jackson co-wrote with members of the Rodney Jerkins’ songwriting team.

‘Crush’ is a track that Michael Jackson was actively working on during the ‘Invincible’ album sessions, and it was meant to be a duet with the American singer Lenny Kravitz.

But it remains unknown if the ‘Crush’ was fully finished (with fully recorded vocals from both artists).

‘Girl Of Another Love’ is an outtake from his ‘Dangerous’ album.

‘Stay’ is another outtake from his ‘Dangerous’ album, which Michael Jackson co-wrote with Bryan Loren during the very early stages of that album.

‘Thank Heaven’ was written by Michael Jackson in the early stages of the ‘Invincible’ album sessions, and he also recorded it but the song did not make the album eventually.

‘House Of Style’ is another outtake from the ‘Invincible’ album sessions, which Michael Jackson co-wrote with Teddy Riley, Tyrese Gibson and Andre Harris.

‘That Kind Of Lover’ is a song that Michael Jackson co-wrote with Ray Ruffin during the late stages of the ‘Invincible’ album sessions, but the exact state of the song’s completion remains unknown.

mj_frenzy;4283114 said:
‘What You Do To Me’ is an outtake from the ‘BAD’ album, and it was written by Michael Jackson in 1985.

This song is an interesting case because he re-considered almost fifteen years later (and after some slight changes to the song) including ‘What You Do To Me’ on his ‘Invincible’ album.

‘Rolling The Dice’ is an unreleased song from the ‘Thriller’ album sessions, and it was written by Rod Temperton.

‘Who Do You Know’ is another unreleased song from the ‘Thriller’ album sessions, which is fully complete but it did not make the album’s official track list.

‘In The Valley’ is an outtake from the ‘Invincible’ album sessions, and it was co-written by Michael Jackson and Tyrese Gibson.

‘Get Around’ is another outtake from the ‘Invincible’ album sessions, which Michael Jackson co-wrote with members of the Rodney Jerkins’ songwriting team.

‘Crush’ is a track that Michael Jackson was actively working on during the ‘Invincible’ album sessions, and it was meant to be a duet with the American singer Lenny Kravitz.

But it remains unknown if the ‘Crush’ was fully finished (with fully recorded vocals from both artists).

‘Girl Of Another Love’ is an outtake from his ‘Dangerous’ album.

‘Stay’ is another outtake from his ‘Dangerous’ album, which Michael Jackson co-wrote with Bryan Loren during the very early stages of that album.

‘Thank Heaven’ was written by Michael Jackson in the early stages of the ‘Invincible’ album sessions, and he also recorded it but the song did not make the album eventually.

‘House Of Style’ is another outtake from the ‘Invincible’ album sessions, which Michael Jackson co-wrote with Teddy Riley, Tyrese Gibson and Andre Harris.

‘That Kind Of Lover’ is a song that Michael Jackson co-wrote with Ray Ruffin during the late stages of the ‘Invincible’ album sessions, but the exact state of the song’s completion remains unknown.

Wow. They have to release something new this year. To read all this amazing stuff is just mindblowing but sad at the same time because no one knows if we will ever get them. Do you Know how many songs are vocally complete enough and in the possesion of the Estate?

According to the CEO of Sony music "Rob Stringer" they are looking at one off tracks and gems do exist in the vault. Also "Scott Seviour" former EPIC exec also said tens and twenties are still in the vault. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...has-big-plans-for-king-of-pops-vaults-202808/ https://pitchfork.com/news/michael-jackson-estate-reworking-songs-for-posthumous-release/

Wow. They have to release something new this year. To read all this amazing stuff is just mindblowing but sad at the same time because no one knows if we will ever get them. Do you Know how many songs are vocally complete enough and in the possesion of the Estate?

According to the CEO of Sony music "Rob Stringer" they are looking at one off tracks and gems do exist in the vault. Also "Scott Seviour" former EPIC exec also said tens and twenties are still in the vault. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...has-big-plans-for-king-of-pops-vaults-202808/ https://pitchfork.com/news/michael-jackson-estate-reworking-songs-for-posthumous-release/

LN has most certainly ruined any plans they had for this stuff., although I am sure that they will stick to the single release plans when they eventually do something. It just works in this streaming world as they said. Maybe a remix of an already released song and a new song every few years. Many people would hear it and it would surely be popular.

We all getting old! we need those songs before we all leave this earth. i'm just being seriously here. we ain't getting any younger.

Ohhh @Travis3000??? Can I ask you a few questions please?

How about releasing a song now and donate the money to help out with fighting this virus? MJ was always their when the world needed him. Remember we are the world? Do something Estate in the name of Michael Jackson for the greater good of the world! The world needs help now!!!

We all getting old! we need those songs before we all leave this earth. i'm just being seriously here. we ain't getting any younger.

Can you imagine if you knew back in July 2014, lets say, that over the next 6 years all you were getting was a poor Off the Wall documentary?

Can you imagine if you knew back in July 2014, lets say, that over the next 6 years all you were getting was a poor Off the Wall documentary?

Can you please erase "Michael Jackson's Halloween" from my memory? Its pure existence is life-devastating to some...

How about releasing a song now and donate the money to help out with fighting this virus? MJ was always their when the world needed him. Remember we are the world? Do something Estate in the name of Michael Jackson for the greater good of the world! The world needs help now!!!

I like your idea. but one michael isn't with us anymore. I think if he was alive he would of done something like this. it probably would of been online because we can't leave the house only it's important.

his kids do something like this every Halloween. it would be nice if the estate can partner up with his family and do something that. we can only dream someday.

Last edited:
Can you please erase "Michael Jackson's Halloween" from my memory? Its pure existence is life-devastating to some...

Haha. Michael Jackson Halloween was for the new gen of kids to enjoy. to know about Michael. I didn't see it. but did watch some clips of it. honestly. i'm neutral with it. it was for kids.

I think if Michael was alive he probably would of had made it better. but hey it is what it is. maybe the estate will make something for the kids to enjoy better in future.

they was gonna make a series about bubbles but that idea was scrapped because of leaving neverland.

also Michael want it to do an halloween special anyway but didn't plan out due to his death. so I guess estate was just trying to pleases his wishes. though, we all know Michael would of did much better job.

may he r.i.p.

The Michael Jackson's Halloween was/is a mess...

So many songs thrown in totally random. Only short bits of songs here and there. I hope children enjoys it and discovers MJ, then it's all good.

But I am never watching it again... :)

Back