Diana Ross Will Be Interviewed By Oprah

Every time Oprah interviews someone close to Michael this feeling of anxiety comes over me.:(

I know the feeling.. it's because we just know what Oprah thinks of MJ so we're looking for something negative

I know the feeling.. it's because we just know what Oprah thinks of MJ so we're looking for something negative

That's true. It's sad to feel that way but Oprah has given us many reasons to feel that.

Diana Ross has been and will continue her concert tour so I guess that's why she'll be on Oprah's show. Oprah will get nosey thats for sure! I just hope Diana does'nt allow her to disrespect Michael and makes sure she sets the tone for what she will answer, something MJ's own family has failed to do. I do see her asking about being named in the WILL as well and i can already hear Oprah saying, 'did you know of his desire to have you raise his kids after Katherine?'

Every time Oprah interviews someone close to Michael this feeling of anxiety comes over me.:sad:

I know what you mean......and hopefully by the end of this interview we will all still be thinking highly of Diana.

Last edited:
Oprah will ask for sure Diana about Michael and his kids, especially since she was Michael Jackson's second choice to act as guardian for his kids.. Diana, so far always defended MJJ, I doubt she will be different with Oprah. She better be.

It'll be interesting, to see what happens. Unfortunately, I am pretty much certain that Oprah is just waiting to jump on with her rude/nosy questions.

I'm trying to figure out what Diana is currently doing that needs promotion. Oprah is probably going to ask her about MJ and his will.

She has a tour coming up. She will probably promote that

It appears as if Oprah's OBSESSION with Michael Jackson continues. LOL!

Has Ms. Ross ever appeared on the Oprah show before?

I believe she is going through Michael's "little black book" and trying to secure folks who MAY dish with her. I'm sure she is STILL begging Debbie Rowe to make an appearance.

Not gonna happen anytime soon. By then Oprah will be long gone off the air...and not many people will be interested in the story since Prince & Paris will be old enough to tell it themselves.

Michael was smart about Debbie Rowe. Now she & Marc Schaffel are making money in different ways ..like selling MJ & Prince's early videos to UK tabloids.

Last edited:
Given that she's performing and all her children will be interviewed as well hopefully there won't be enough time for Oprah to grill her about Michael, but then with Oprah you never now.

Given that she's performing and all her children will be interviewed as well hopefully there won't be enough time for Oprah to grill her about Michael, but then with Oprah you never now.
so her children will be appearing there with her?.....I agree...I hope all things Michael are OFF limits. hope Diana continues to be a LOYAL friend to Michael.

Well, I have a strong feeling that Oprah is going to be asking about Michael in some capacity..I guess it depends if Diana made some ground rules before the interview.

Well, I have a strong feeling that Oprah is going to be asking about Michael in some capacity..I guess it depends if Diana made some ground rules before the interview.

I hope she does set rules.....I doubt Diana will be easily manipulated like Katherine was.

hey guys today celine dion was on oprah today and guess what?..... she brought up michael so without doubt she's going to mention michael considering how close they were

http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/Supreme-Icon-Diana-Ross-Her-5-Children-and-Show-Stopping-Performance

SUPREME ICON DIANA ROSS, HER FIVE CHILDREN AND A SHOW-STOPPING PERFORMANCE

20110221-diana-ross-slide-11-424x239.jpg

February 25, 2011

She taught Oprah—and little girls everywhere—to dream big. Diana Ross is here with her entire family for a rare interview. Plus, a surprise reunion for the history books!

TUNE in on FEBRUARY 25, 2011 to watch the show!

MsCassieMollie;3262683 said:
http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/Supreme-Icon-Diana-Ross-Her-5-Children-and-Show-Stopping-Performance

February 25, 2011

She taught Oprah—and little girls everywhere—to dream big. Diana Ross is here with her entire family for a rare interview. Plus, a surprise reunion for the history books!

I can't wait for this interview. And I want see what Evan Ross would talk about MJ. Oprah must ask all of them about Michael, but Evan is special because he was the closest with Michael of all Diana's children. :wild:

MsCassieMollie;3262683 said:

February 25, 2011

Thank you for the update....hopefully the interview will be what it is suppose to be....Diana and her 5 children Oprah better leave Michael out of this one...that will never happen..

The thing with that though is, Oprah does'nt allow for her guests to set any ground rules for the interview.

I know by watching the OWN - Behind The Scenes stuff with Liza Minelli that she was shown the questions and asked if there was anything she was uncomfortable speaking about and she mentioned her marriage to David Guest. But during the interview Oprah did find a way of bringing him up without directly asking about him.

Hopefully Diana will have maintained her loyalty to MJ.

For once, I feel comfortable about this interview, and I don't mind Oprah asking DR about Michael. DR neve spoke ill of Michael when he was alive, why would she do it now? I think she will be very positive and say nothing but good things about Michael. I hope this is the case, anyway.

The thing with that though is, Oprah does'nt allow for her guests to set any ground rules for the interview.

I know by watching the OWN - Behind The Scenes stuff with Liza Minelli that she was shown the questions and asked if there was anything she was uncomfortable speaking about and she mentioned her marriage to David Guest. But during the interview Oprah did find a way of bringing him up without directly asking about him.

Really????.....That is just ridiculous...I guess that is why the words.."no comment"..were invented. Oprah would have rules like that.

For once, I feel comfortable about this interview, and I don't mind Oprah asking DR about Michael. DR neve spoke ill of Michael when he was alive, why would she do it now? I think she will be very positive and say nothing but good things about Michael. I hope this is the case, anyway.

The thing though is we never expected the interviews Janet did with both Oprah and Robyn Roberts would've turned out the way they did. I guess when you get used to people just flipping on MJ since his passing you kinda just dread whats next.

When it comes to Oprah, I just don't trust her whenever anything MJ related maybe discussed. Its up to the person being interviewed to stand their ground with her, but if they have the 'Oprah adoration' thing going, then all could be shot to hell!

Really????.....That is just ridiculous...I guess that is why the words.."no comment"..were invented. Oprah would have rules like that.

Remember when Janet tried the 'I don't speak about my brother' line back when she was on her show promoting The Velvet Rope album? notice how Oprah went ahead anyway with the Michael questions?

The point is, if she wants to bring up negativity where it concerns Michael, she will.

It would thrill me if Diana did not speak about MJ at all especially to Oprah, she is'nt interested in hearing anything positive about him.

Last edited:
I will be shocked if she doesn't ask Diana about the will and her being named guardian if Katherine couldn't do it. How could she not? As for Diana I am not sure what she has said about Michael in the past but I heard she a tribute for him in her shows. I understand the worry others have because she is being interviewed by Oprah and we know how she has been towards Michael.

Just shows how sneaky oprah really is

Apparently the interview is a hour long so the whole show is devoted to her.

http://www.detnews.com/article/2011...61/Diana-Ross-and-family-to-appear-on--Oprah-

Diana Ross is paying a visit to the "Oprah Winfrey Show."

Ross will appear on the talk queen's show on Friday, Ross' camp announced today. The hour-long interview will feature Ross and her children, Rhonda Ross Kendrick, Tracee Ellis Ross, Chudney Ross, Ross Arne Naess and Evan Ross, along with her first grandson, Raif Henok Emmanuel Kendrick.

Ross is heading out on a 17-date spring tour beginning Friday. The tour does not include a Detroit or a Michigan stop. She last performed in Detroit in May 2010.

The song Di is gonna perform is "I'm Coming Out", I love that song!

Back