Did Michael help set up the Chairty " Save the Children"

Thriller_MJ

Proud Member
I was listening to a MJ interview a few days ago and he talks about his Chairty Work and the interviewer asks Michael if its true if he set up the Save the Children chairty cause if it is true i had no idea Michael was behind that

Never heard of this. But would be nice if it turns out he did :)

Ich don't think so. It was setup a long time before he was even born.

Save the children is a very old charity as far as I can remember,. I think Princess Anne is the patron of that charity, but I need to go check it out.

Last edited:
the charity was set up in the UK in 1919 nothing to do with mj in any shape or form

The Jackson Five gave a benefit concert on occasion of the "Save The Children" event in Chicago, back in 1972, I've read. To my recollection, the benefit helps to support the inner-city children there and their families. Therefore, it was not Michael helping to establish the foundation.

Here is the footage of their performances there:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uqyFyuwe8nQ

Last edited:
man u know how many foundations and chairties Michael has supported??

me neither.. lol!

But a lot

I'm still waiting for 'Go For Your Dreams'

man u know how many foundations and chairties Michael has supported??

The Guiness' Book Of World Records stated that it was 39, establishing him as the celebrity having supported the most charities.

^^ yes but he does a lot without putting his name in it.. so it MUST be much more than 39..

Not just that but you know how many charities are not OFFICIAL.. meaning, in a little town for local starving children etc.. Those never get reported or even paid attention to.

^^ yes but he does a lot without putting his name in it.. so it MUST be much more than 39..

Not just that but you know how many charities are not OFFICIAL.. meaning, in a little town for local starving children etc.. Those never get reported or even paid attention to.

Oh, totally. He loves to help from the heart, quietly...His heart is truly spacious and full. Not to mention he intended to help create more, he is that restless.

I've noted them down years ago (both official and unofficial / less official ones), and some of them that I found are:

“AIDS Project L.A.”; “American Cancer Society”; “Angel Food”; “Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles”; “BMI Foundation”; “Brotherhood Crusade”; “Brothman Burn Center”; “Camp Ronald McDonald”; “Childhelp USA”; “Children’s Institute International”; “Childright”; “Cities and Schools Scholarship Fund”; “Community Youth Sports & Arts Foundation”; “Congressional Black Caucus”; “Dakar Foundation”; “Dreamstreet Kids”; “Dreams Come True Charity”; “Elisabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation”; “Heal The World Foundation” (seemingly shut down due to yet unspecified purposes in 2002); “Heal L.A.”; “Juvenile Diabetes Foundation”; “Love Match”; “Make A Wish Foundation”; “Minority AIDS Project”; “Motown Museum”; “NAACP”; “National Rainbow Coalition”; “Rotary Club of Australia”; “Society of Singers”; “Starlight Foundation”; “The Carter Center’s Atlanta Project”; “The Sickle Cell Research Foundation”; “Transafrica”; “United Negro College Fund”; ‘United Negro College Fund’s “Ladder’s of Hope”; “Volunteers of America’s ‘Watts Summer Festival’; “Wish Granting” or “YMCA – 28th Street Crenshaw”.

Last edited:
The Jackson Five gave a benefit concert on occasion of the "Save The Children" event in Chicago, back in 1972, I've read. To my recollection, the benefit helps to support the inner-city children there and their families. Therefore, it was not Michael helping to establish the foundation.

Wonderful organization and cause. Thank God it's still going strong. ^_^

Back