Did Michael let us down with his drug addiction?

I wouldn't call him an addict either. We don't even know how many pills he was taking anyways. The LAPD seems to be focusing on propofol. Poor Michael just needed to sleep. And even if he was taking alot of medicine I won't condemn him, these are for pain, it's not the same as if being a cocaine or heroine addict.

Exactly. They're making it out to be like he was on crack or something! Pushing him in the same boat with all those other corrupt celebrities.

And from all those late 2008, early 2009 outings of Michael, it seemed like he was not on drugs at all.

Now I'm wondering if they even checked the dates of those bottles before labeling him an addict.....

You should spring clean more than every few years. What about the children that may visit your home? You have those drugs around, you could potentially be charged with reckless endangerment. Which brings up another question from me - are they going to charge whoever supplied and stored those drugs with reckless endangerment of minors? Cause Michaels children are all minors...??? Especially Blanket. He's only 5!! Surely some who were in charge there could have thought just a bit about how and when the children could have accessed those drugs!!

My medicines are in a place that children cannot access.

Blanket's not 5, he is 7. That's alright, it's easy to get mixed up on birthdates.

Anyways, I don't think those children would access those medications. For what??? They aren't stupid. I don't think they would be interested in bottles of pills.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call him an addict either. We don't even know how many pills he was taking anyways. The LAPD seems to be focusing on propofol. Poor Michael just needed to sleep. And even if he was taking alot of medicine I won't condemn him, these are for pain, it's not the same as if being a cocaine or heroine addict.

I agree too, I mean it wasn't like he wanted to take the drugs in the first place, it was more a last resort due to pain and insomnia etc. And hell even if he was supposedly taking a cocktail of pills for everything from insomnia to anxiety, can you really blame him??

I don't for a second believe that he was a drug addict. He had ailments and injuries and took medicine for them when needed, just like any other person would. If he was addicted to pain killers it was years ago, after the Pepsi fire and the terrible burns he suffered. I think he's been off those meds since before the children were born.

You need to go back in and change the title of your post to:
"Did Michael let us down by seeking professional medical advice?

I will change the title to that if ppl want to. But in the end its just a thread title.

That never let me down, everybody have problems. I have problems even Michael has problems. Remember the allegations in 93'? I bet that's what caused him most of it to become an addict. All the lies and accusations he has gone through might've stressed him out and cause people who he know and the fans to betray him and screw him over. These people have no right to do that, even the media all they want is give people bad entertainment and not giving any truth. Michael believes in the truth, the fans believe in the truth and I believe in the truth and God knows it.

why is someone claiming that MJ is god just cos they dont believe he was a drug addict??? thats so wrong

i feel MJ did have a problem with drugs.. but i may well be wrong cos we havent had the autopsy results yet... but i'd never assume that anyone who disagrees with me is only doing it cos they think he is god!!! jeeeese

i think 99.999999% of fans DO NOT THINK MJ IS GOD so why is this constantly levied at people who are just stating their opinion

Because most people stand up for him for EVERYTHING he does. i believe hes (like anyone) made alot of mistakes.

and i dont stand up for him on everything.
but lots of fans do.

i truly believe he had a big problem with drugs and im not surprised with the life he has had.

*****If you'll give me the facts I may agree with you. So what are the facts, proof that MJ was an addict. I mean real evidence. Not what the media is reporting with our public sources.
***** Loads of us find Michael to be a human being with all the flaws we all have. Yet we also see the many wonderful virtues that made him MJ. I can't speak for everyone else. But I accept MJ for who he is, with flaws and all. SOME OF US JUST WANT PROOF on any issue that to blindly believe what is reported in the media, which is about 95% false. Especially when it comes to MJ due to sensationalism and selling tabloid trash and people making up trash.
***** I guess we are not as lucky as you are to know this so confidently. I guess you have seen MJ take drugs, be high, and all that right. Lucky you to see that.
****** I am glad that you share my opinion that he hasn't let anyone down. you do seem to understand the trials of life that MJ has face since age 5. I hope you don't find anything I have written disrespectful. It is not intended to be disrespectful.

No i didnt see him do drugs.

but with the life he has had im pretty sure he proberley did.

and just the way he has looked in recent years.

but hes had a problem with it before he can have one again.

i think everyone knows deep down that he had a problem. they just want scenitfic facts first.

which is fine yes.

but deep down i think he was, and i think alot of people here no that to.

WHATEVER COMES BACK! WE KNOW!

MICHAEL JACKSON WAS A GOOD MAN!

he gave his gift of music and dance.
gave joy to other people.

SAVED lives.

drug addict or not.

he was a great, loving, kind, gentle, generous, man.

and more people in this world should be like him.

Way deep down, I don't believe he had a problem.

Michael didn't show any signs of drug addiction. What he did though, was show signs of that healthy Michael we all knew and missed, more happy than he'd ever been in years, so excited to hit a stage one for time. Smiling more than he ever did in years. That's not the sign of a drug addicted Michael. That's the sign of a rejuvenated Michael about to kick some a**.

I truly beleive he was NOT addicted.

There is NO proof that Michael took those pills on his own will. Has anyone ever thought that Murray could be responsible for those pills?? He could've suggested or given so many pills to Michael because of MJ's heart problems the night before. That way, when murray injected the propofol to intentionally kill Michael, the cops will have 'reason' to believe this 'drug addict' died of an overdose.

DEA has also said that the amount of pills in Michael's system was not enough to kill someone. I bet if Michael were stupid, that doctor would've just given Michael enough pills to kill him and just forget about using the propofol. But Michael is not stupid and I think the most he agreed to take was 40.

Last edited:
I think drug addict is the wrong word to use. I mean what percentage of Americans are on drugs? 50%?

his dependence and his legacy/ persona/message are two separate things. He did not let anybody down. He only gave and gave until he could no more. I don't think anybody can imagine the pain this man carried for so many years. And he still wanted to give. If he resorted to medicine was to be able to carry on. So please don't blame or feel let down. Try instead to put yourselves in his shoes, and you can't even in your wildest dreams. He was only one man and people who truly loved him were on the outside, while people who wanted $$$$$ were on the inside treating him as commodity and enabling him and ultimately seeing him die without lifting a finger maybe.
So please try to accept the truth and understand how beautiful michael was in such a dark world
so true..

No but he let his children down. He should have never done something that was potentially life threatening when he was a parent.

How can he let his children down if he were doing the concerts BECAUSE of them, if he was working so hard and trying his best BECAUSE of them???

Also, Kenny Ortega even mentioned on how happy Michael was to perform for his children and how EXCITED he was looking forward to doing so.

Michael did not let his children down. If Murray was not a murderer and if many others were not invovled in this, Michael would still be here.

People attempted to take him down in 1993 and in 2005, but this time the plan suceeded.

He let them down by using Propofol to go sleep. That is dangerous and he should have never taken that risk whether it was administered to him by a doctor or not.

Remember as you judge someone else, then that is how you will be judged.

Looking in at others lives and making judgements is easy. We were not Michael and do not know why he did some of the things he did. He let no one down in my opinion.

I knew he was human since I was born. Celebrities aren't supposed to be superheroes despite the media pushing these artists to be such. And he didn't let me down. Why would he let me down? I loved (and continue to love) him for his music, for his humanitarianism, etc., and besides who gives a DAMN if he had an addiction or not. I ain't putting no trust into what they say until the autopsy is finally revealed. As for MJ, he made me happy with his presence and continues to make me happy with my memories of seeing him on TV and hearing him on my radio. Why should we even think that Michael is the cause to our sadness? That's because death is there and you can be taken out in so many ways. I may be wrong in my speculation of this but it seems like there's still a denial about June 25.

Last edited:
I don't feel let down by Michael at all because I don't believe that Michael was a drug addict. I believe just what he said years ago....he got an addiction to pain killers and got treatment for it. I don't believe that Michael has been abusing drugs all this time. I do believe he has been taking pain medication for his back.

I just don't get why we should be calling Michael a drug addict. If he is one, so is Jamie Lee Curtis who also admits to having an addiction to pain killers back in the day. She aint no drug addict. Why should Mike be one.

Until those tox reports come out and show me that Michael was popping all kings of pills at above prescription levels I just don't buy it. IMO, those reports will certainly show some pain killers in Michael's system. But I am not really buying the whole diprivan thing yet. This story came out of no wheres after Cheryl Lee made her media rounds.

I thought I was the only one who had problems with this propofol story.

in some sort of a way i guess he let his kids down (obviously they would perfer their dad was still with them) but he's human and it wasn't deliberate. as a parent i know how hard it is to be perfect all the time. in a perfect world i shouldn't drink at all around my son, but i do. I'm weak, we all are. Of course propofol is a lot different to a glass of wine, but i guess he felt he would come to no harm with a doc on hand, big mistake. But no parent is perfect and we all make decisions that in hindsight we regret. his kids will understand that.

I don't believe he was a drug addict since he showed absolutely no signs of one and looked great. Also, he had so much to look forward too. Also, the physical said he was very healthy.

But about the 19 aliases....I don't know what to make out of that....

But still, those pics and vids we saw of him near his death, that wasn't a drug addicted person....

The whole 19 aliases throw me off. Some of them could be from years ago but he used Prince Jackson and Kai chase.

I was wondering, could a doctor have MADE it up somehow...the aliases for Michael without him knowing about it....like just putting it on record or something

Last edited:
and I say again..MJ was not addicted...dependent...
I agree. If Mike was taking prescription drugs, I believe, it was because he thought they would help him - not hinder him.

I don't believe he was a drug addict since he showed absolutely no signs of one and looked great. Also, he had so much to look forward too. Also, the toxicology results said he was very healthy.
We haven't seen the toxicology results yet.

He let them down by using Propofol to go sleep. That is dangerous and he should have never taken that risk whether it was administered to him by a doctor or not.
This comment reminds me of back in the day when the media was sloshing around these "sound bytes" and the public latched on to them then drew foregone conclusions based on that successful brainwashing of those with the 'mass' mentality. (if the news says it then it must be so eh lol)

The media has been tossing around the term, "drug addict" from day 1. Just like they did the term, "child m*****tion" and the world swollowed it WHOLE without chewing or digesting not 1 sensible thing.

If you happen to actually be correct on this, it won't be because you, at this point, have any REASONABLE, logical or imperacle evidence to base it on.

Ever since those with their agendas set their sights on Michael Jackson as a TARGET they have always had people who sided with them to stick in the media spotlight and say the most rediculous things (later to be proved so in a court of law) and they have forever used "labels" to re-direct the world's attention away from truth.

At this point the truth is, everything is completly INCONCLUSIVE.

I feel that if anyone does feel f MJ let them "down", it should be a wake up call for them to not put unrealistic expectations on any human by expecting them not to be human just because they are not just like the person with the unrealistic expectation. How dare anyone throw the first stone..

To them I say, YOU are human AREN'T YOU???

WHY Wouldn't MJ be?

NO he didn't let anyone down and if he did, it would only be himself and God imho, not some humans who are just flesh like him.

He was a good man who did the best he knew how given all he was working with/against.

He had to undergo things in a game that no one sitting in the bleechers could ever comprehend.

Instead of feeling "let down" by him, why not feel inspired like he was. Isn't that what he wanted us to leave with at the end of the day? Why not latch on to that.

Last edited:
I'm a bit disappointed, if he knew that drug was dangerous but used it anyway. Though...we all do stuff we shouldn't so...I'm not going to say anything. I guess he was really desperate to get some sleep and that's the tragic part of it.

about the restricted drugs being dangerous. truthfully any medication is deadly if its misused. even asprin. ive heard people even die of drinking milk if they use too much too soon.

even eating ice cream too fast will give you a wicked headache if you eat it too fast.

it would be my hope that once the investigation is completed theres a larger investigation into doctors who overprescribe and the ethics of giving people certain drugs that the doctors know are addictive

Back