Did Michael let us down with his drug addiction?

i see mjs brain has been returned so he can now be laid to rest.

If, and I mean if, the recent leaked toxicology reports are true, it means that Michael was trying to get a good nights sleep and suffering from stress. That is not being a drug addict. Michael was not snorting coke in a bathroom or shooting up heroin, he was trying to get a good nights sleep and trying to keep calm. Both of which are quite common complaints for many people at some time in their lives.

I've had periods on sleeping tablets before, would any of you call me a drug addict for that?

you're right seven.... who hasn't taken some sort of medication for something? doesn't make a person a "drug addict". IF he has died from any sort of medication, it wasn't because he was an "addict", it may very well be an accidental overdose on behalf of who ever was administering a medication to him. he gave over 40 years of himself, to the world, he suffered much, in silence, not just through the burn accident, but having Lupus and all it's associated medical problems. jsut all that is more than any one person could bear, but he did it, for many years, for sick children and for his fans.

You need to go back in and change the title of your post to:
"Did Michael let us down by seeking professional medical advice?

"let us down" you say? Michael didn't have to make music, makes videos, share himself with the world. he did that out of love, NOT out of an obligation. so don't you say he "let us down" - there was nothing to "let down". no one should have expected anything from him - he gave but he didn't NEED to give. there is no let down here, only media-warped conclusoins. and as for the media lies, I'm not gonna treat them as even one shred of truth.

people have the misconception that heroin and cocaine and other illicit drugs are the most abused and used on the planet but its actually prescription drugs. partly because they are pushed by the drug companies and also by complicit doctors.

people have the misconception that heroin and cocaine and other illicit drugs are the most abused and used on the planet but its actually prescription drugs. partly because they are pushed by the drug companies and also by complicit doctors.

My Mum was anti taking any tablets, even aspirin. Even when she was dying of cancer she didn't like taking her pills. However many years ago she was ill in hospital and was given something like codiene. She told me that she fianlly understood why people took drugs because of the effects she felt.

I don't think Michael would have gone out and purposefully taken drugs (I mean he was at Studio 54 so was surrounded by it at least one time in his life). However because of the Pepsi accident he had to take prescription drugs and once you know what it is like to take drugs like that and experience how they make you feel, it opens a door that can never close.

We know Michael was a private person who embarrasses easily, can you just imagne what that trial was like. His entire life laid bare and judged by others. So if he took some Xanax to help with the aftermath of that experience, so be it.

xanax is often prescribed for anxiety and depression and so i totally understand why michael would have taken it or abused it if the reports are true. its very easy to do, some people like the effect a pill gives and so they pop a few more and pretty soon a person is addicted whether they intended that or not. people are quick to judge and say oh he let us down. we didnt live in his world. we didnt deal with the things he had to deal with daily. hell since he died many of his fans are showing signs of stress and depression and its been just a little over a month. now imagine what it was like to be michael and deal with all these slanderous allegations since the 90s? it was horrific and who can blame him for taking pills to cope (if the reports are true)?

My Mum was anti taking any tablets, even aspirin. Even when she was dying of cancer she didn't like taking her pills. However many years ago she was ill in hospital and was given something like codiene. She told me that she fianlly understood why people took drugs because of the effects she felt.

I don't think Michael would have gone out and purposefully taken drugs (I mean he was at Studio 54 so was surrounded by it at least one time in his life). However because of the Pepsi accident he had to take prescription drugs and once you know what it is like to take drugs like that and experience how they make you feel, it opens a door that can never close.

We know Michael was a private person who embarrasses easily, can you just imagne what that trial was like. His entire life laid bare and judged by others. So if he took some Xanax to help with the aftermath of that experience, so be it.

yeah and very often it's just carelessly said: 'they're not heavy or not dangerous' but then ppl are feeling too secure and combine them a way with other drugs and/or alcohol for example etc. etc. and ouuuuups... yeah their loss... how stupid uh?! how could they?!

Then there's an effect known as psychological addiction (not sure this is the correct english term)... yeah the pills don't really have a serious effect on your body... still one can't live without them anymore... oh bad luck!

I repeat myself I know but please whoever do not just pop pills... do not! never! And just do not believe someone promoting you can handle those careless.

Michael was probably led into a similar 'felling secure thought' and is dead now! Please everybody learn from this!

Do you know all this is fact? Have you seen the evidence? Do you have first hand knowledge of everything you stated in your post? Are you a law enforcement official or family member with direct knowledge of these things? Or, do you simply believe everything the tabloids and media have been pounding into our heads, in our faces, over the last decade, regarding Michael Jackson, in their bid to make money off him, his name, his image, the "inside secrets" of him and his life? I hope you too have a book coming out to share with his fans, with the world, of all the secrets, the facts, information of his private life, and to tell us who the real man Michael Jackson was, based on your eye witness accounts and not based on what the tabloids and media have told us?

Jane dear, I saw the interview on television with the nurse Cheryl Lee. She said that she told MJ many times that he can't have Diprovan. This was not something I read about in a tabloid. It was on a television show. And I tend to believe this nurse. Now if you choose not to believe when the nurse got on television and in her own words, told MJ that she was not going to supply him with that drug, that's your problem.

I just wanted to add. To those who claim to have gotten the wrong prescription, who was stopping you from discarding this "extra medicine" from your medicine cabinets? I mean, really. You guys are grasping at straws trying to justify just how many drugs were found in the house...

I'd rename this thread to "Did MJ let you down with seeking medical advice, and then not going by that medical advice?"

Last edited:
He wasn't a saint he was human, and had his flaws like we all do. I think anyone who had to cope with the life he had would be superhuman not to have felt some psychological impact after nearly fifty years of it.

Though I'm loathe to say it I do think he did have a problem with ..medications, and did have for a long time. Every time I think of the fact that he was anaesthetised as a means to get him to sleep it shocks me rigid, and not very much these days shocks me.

When he admitted his problem with painkillers years ago I really struggled to believe him. I thought it was a ruse. I wouldn't read any press articles afterwards that mentioned it afterwards either. When I watched his "this is it" press conference in March however I thought he was on something. Everytime I've watched it since I've still thought it.

Jane dear, I saw the interview on television with the nurse Cheryl Lee. She said that she told MJ many times that he can't have Diprovan. This was not something I read about in a tabloid. It was on a television show. And I tend to believe this nurse. Now if you choose not to believe when the nurse got on television and in her own words, told MJ that she was not going to supply him with that drug, that's your problem.

What worries me is the amount of medical people coming out and saying this. Excuse me but what about medical confidentiality! it is supposed to be illegal for a medical person to make someone's medical history public and media fodder, it is supposed to be private, that is why I'm not sure I believe it. How much are they paid for saying this I wonder! Medical people are supposed to be struck off for disclosing private information so what on earth is going on, its probably not even true.

Last edited:
MJ hasn't let us down at all. I don't feel it that way. Please don't speculate anything based on tabloids crap...can just close this thread.

I just wanted to add. To those who claim to have gotten the wrong prescription, who was stopping you from discarding this "extra medicine" from your medicine cabinets? I mean, really. You guys are grasping at straws trying to justify just how many drugs were found in the house...

I'd rename this thread to "Did MJ let you down with seeking medical advice, and then not going by that medical advice?"

I keep medicines for years and don't chuck them out. Doesn't make a drug addict.

Now, I personally don't think that Michael was a drug addict. So I don't feel let down. But it's just that alot of things these people are saying don't sound right to me based on what I keep hearing. That's why I'm posting the following.

If Michael was having all these major problems with pills and injections that the media keep insisting he had and the people running their mouths now really cared about his well-being, why didn't they commit him to a facility where he could have gotten help? According to the people saying things, Michael was out of control with this. Due to that, and with three kids in the house, anything regarding Michael being the one making the decision to go to rehab would have been eliminated because of the alleged circumstances. When somebody is as messed up as they claim Michael was, there's higher-ups who will make the decisions for them to get them clean. And any real friend would have stepped in and started the ball rolling to get him off of whatever it was instead of standing by and watching him self-destruct or walking away and leaving him alone to fall apart. Just for example, look what happened when Britney was having her meltdown. Things got so bad for her that they actually forced her to go and get help. They physically carried her out of her house and took her to a place where she'd get better. And she's a fully grown woman. Why didn't these people do that exact same thing for Michael? They should have called up his family and have them meet at the rehab if they had to. We have people saying that they took needles from Michael to "stop him" from taking such and such. But yet, if that was the case, everybody seems to have been too worried about losing their connection with him to do anything more effective. Alot of people interviewed have kept saying since he died "Michael would be furious and not talk to me again if I said no". Sorry. I'm not buying it. That wouldn't have stopped any decent person from doing what they had to do to get help for someone they cared about. Now we have them crying on TV like they wish they had done something about his supposed "addictions". But it sounds to me like, if we're supposed to believe what they're saying, they cared more about being on Michael's "friend list" or only looking out for themselves via their association with him then actually doing something to see to it that he was ok (if their stories if him only wanting "yes" people around him are to be believed also). They can and will say whatever they want to now anyway. There's a bandwagon mentality at this point to be nasty about him. And they're also getting paid by the media to talk trash on top of that. Just because Michael's not here to deny it, doesn't automatically mean that they're telling the truth.

Last edited:
No he did'nt leave -us- down. If he let anyone down it was his children.. And himself :heart:
But this was not a choise that he made.. And theres no reason to dwell on guilt and bad energies..

We are not in a position to feel sorry for -ourselves- in this situation. We can feel sorry for Michael and his family though.

Omg i cant believe this thread is even opened up!! How dare u ask such a q??? He never let us down ever!! He just tolerated too much!! More than enough beyond than this world!!! He couldnt sleep he was under too much pressure omg "how can one bear" ????:cry:
Plz stop this shit :cry:

He was no drug addict, was he?

He took no shit, they kicked him down he got back up stronger and stronger. He died strong I think, Murray is the one to blame.

I keep medicines for years and don't chuck them out. Doesn't make a drug addict.

Your medicines are all expired...I'd get them discarded if I were you...and it is very very very dangerous to have old medicines around, if you have kids or expect any visits from people with children.

Your medicines are all expired...I'd get them discarded if I were you...and it is very very very dangerous to have old medicines around, if you have kids or expect any visits from people with children.

My point was, I keep them for a time. Just because I only spring clean the medicine cupboard every few years does not make me a drug addict.

My point was, I keep them for a time. Just because I only spring clean the medicine cupboard every few years does not make me a drug addict.

You should spring clean more than every few years. What about the children that may visit your home? You have those drugs around, you could potentially be charged with reckless endangerment. Which brings up another question from me - are they going to charge whoever supplied and stored those drugs with reckless endangerment of minors? Cause Michaels children are all minors...??? Especially Blanket. He's only 5!! Surely some who were in charge there could have thought just a bit about how and when the children could have accessed those drugs!!

No way did he let me down.

How I wish he could have found doctors who genuinely desired to help him with his physical and emotional pains.

Considering how he danced, of course his body had physical ailments. When you add all the other crap he had to deal with, from earthshattering allegations, betrayals, disllusionment, media cruelty, etc. etc. etc. etc.,I marvel he handled things as well as he did.

His huge gifts were certainly balanced by more b.s. than any human should have to endure.

I will always regret he didn't find a professional who put his interests above their own.

You should spring clean more than every few years. What about the children that may visit your home? You have those drugs around, you could potentially be charged with reckless endangerment. Which brings up another question from me - are they going to charge whoever supplied and stored those drugs with reckless endangerment of minors? Cause Michaels children are all minors...??? Especially Blanket. He's only 5!! Surely some who were in charge there could have thought just a bit about how and when the children could have accessed those drugs!!

Depends whether hers are scattered everywhere in sight like smarties all around the house...or kept somewhere more secure.

I am now extremely worried that a random person with children may decide to visit (with or without the children) and then start rifling through my cupboards looking for drugs. I'm in deep sh*t if they're a bit peckish at the time and find that six year old out of date tin of plum tomatoes lurking on the top shelf instead...and decide to scoff it.

I have never been let down by any thing Mike has done, I understand him ( what i knew of him). The truth be told we (as in us and the haters) has worked him, this man could not go out and do the things we do with our family and friends, I may not know him very well, but I know that every time that man gets on the stage, he gives us nothing but 110%, so I know he was in pain. (both body and mind) To me i feel ( I don't wants to sound crazy) as if I lost a musical husband, I find my self not interested in any music other than MJ right now. I mean I feel a little lost with myself, with him gone, but I understand it and (crying) GOD, I JUST MISS HIM!!!!

I don't think MJ was an addict. Was he on medications to treat his lupus, anxiety, insomnia and vitiligo? Yes but does that make him and everyone who has to take medications addicts? No.

I wouldn't call him an addict either. We don't even know how many pills he was taking anyways. The LAPD seems to be focusing on propofol. Poor Michael just needed to sleep. And even if he was taking alot of medicine I won't condemn him, these are for pain, it's not the same as if being a cocaine or heroine addict.

His dependence and his legacy/ persona/message are two separate things. He did not let anybody down. He only gave and gave until he could no more. I don't think anybody can imagine the PAIN this man carried for so many years. And he still wanted to give. If he resorted to medicine was to be able to carry on. So please don't blame or feel let down. Try instead to put yourselves in his shoes, and you can't even in your wildest dreams. He was only one man and people who truly loved him were on the outside, while people who wanted $$$$$ were on the inside treating him as commodity and enabling him and ultimately seeing him die without lifting a finger maybe.
So please try to accept the truth and understand how beautiful Michael was in such a dark world

Back