Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

AllForMj, what can you tell me about the song, The Way You Love Me?

What was going on in his life when he wrote it and was it the last new song he released? I haven't followed MJ for that long, so I am not that familair with this song, or lots of things really. I don't know much about what he was doing between 2000 and 2007, for example, and I would guess the song was written between those years? I have just been listening to The Way You Love Me today on YouTube. I like it.
From looking at the booklet that comes with "The Ultimate Collection" box set, he started working on "The Way You Love Me" in 2000. He finished it and released it in 2004 while he was going through the court stuff. I guess something made him decide to put it away back in 2000. He's mentioned before that he doesn't sing anything that he doesn't mean. So, maybe he decided to not put it on the "Invincible" CD because he wasn't feeling like that at the time. If we listen to the "Invincible" CD that he released in 2001, we'll notice that most of the songs are sad. If we look back at 2001, we will notice that he was very emotional back then. He was crying a lot. He was crying while recording and also crying in front of people. He even started crying in "Living With Michael Jackson" in 2003.

Because of the line "No more tears. No more pain. 'Cause you love" in the song "You Are My Life," the song "The Way You Love Me" and "You Are My Life" are now linking together.

What's also interesting is he placed "The Way You Love Me" side by side with "Beautiful Girl." These are the last two love songs on the last CD of "The Ultimate Collection" box set. "Beautiful Girl" is about him being in love. "The Way You Love Me" is about him being loved. In "You Are My Life," he was saying there would be no more tears because she loves him. In "The Way You Love Me" he said she took his hand and told him she loves him. Now, notice that in the present day the tears have stopped.

Yes, because what I notice about this song, The Way You Love Me, is that I feel happy inside while/after listening to it. *smiles* It's a happy tune.

Beautiful Girl was also released in this box set you are mentioning here? If I remember it correctly it does not feel sad at all either. I'll go find it on YouTube and listen to it again. Do you think he was referring to the same girl in both songs...or does the Beautiful Girl seem more like someone he admired for her looks but it did not go further than that?
Because he says, "Can't you see that I'm in love with you" in "Beautiful Girl," it seems like he's been doing things to try to make her see that he has feelings for her. In this song he had also said "She never knows." So, that too would make it seem like he was trying to get her to see it.

Also, he didn't mention anything in the song that indicates it was about her looks. He was pointing out how being in love with her feels to him. He basically said that being in love with her is almost like making love to her. He points this out in the line where he says, "It's almost like dancing when romancing in her arms. It's just a part of it."

In "Beautiful Girl" he also says, "Can't you see that I'm in love with you? Real love with you. Real love." This would go beyond her physical appearance.

I'd say "Beautiful Girl" and "The Way You Love Me" are about the same person because in "The Way You Love Me" he said "I was alone. There was no love in my life. I was afraid of life and you came in time." Well, if she brought love into his life and he's thanking the Heavens above for her, then he would also be in love with her too, and "Beautiful Girl" is about being in love.

Last edited:
So do you think it is possible that if it is a Divine Love then a man can love the same woman for years on end without it being reciprocated, while he waits in faith for God to bring them together? Is Michael Jackson made of the stuff that would enable him to stay true to that? Not many could do it, wouldn't you think?
It seems like he has been waiting from listening to the part in "Hold My Hand" were he's singing "So, tell me what we're waiting for? We're better off being together." Also from looking at the way that he hasn't been seen with anyone for a while, what he is saying, and what we've been seeing, shows he is waiting for her. In "The Way You Love Me" he is pointing out that the love is being reciprocated.

We have to remember that Michael Jackson is a man that has been through a lot. There have been many obstacles in his way. He's a man that has had many women flocking to him over the years and they've been coming to him for many different reasons. It's humanly impossible for him to sort through all of them. He's also been married twice and divorced twice. He's had his heart broken numerous times. If he's made up his mind that he wants God to pick his woman for him and he feels that God has done so, do you think he would then bypass her? It would defeat the whole purpose of asking God to take the lead.

Also, it is not uncommon for a divorcé (i.e., a divorced man) to take his time starting over. Divorce is not fun. Neither is heartbreak. He's a divorcé/parent and he doesn't seem like the type that throws his children to the side to go out and meet women. When you combine all of this together, what else is there to do except ask God?

Last edited:
And the song, Someone Put Your Hand Out, is this the first song where he speaks of a "divine love' or his longing for it? When was this song written? And he seems to be being a bit broader here, extending this invitation to "some" girl out there...not a particular one he has in mind. What's going on at this time...has the girl not come in the picture yet, or has he moved on or given up on her temporarily?
He officially released "Someone Put Your Hand Out" in 2004 with "The Ultimate Collection" box set. The booklet says it was recorded in '92. In this song it sounds like he's basically opening up about his wants and needs. Like he's just being honest about it.

Also, notice that not only does he mention wanting a love that's divine, but he also mentions love being blind in this song. I also remember LaToya saying that physical appearance is not the most important thing to him. I can't remember her exact words though.

As for when he first said he's longing for a love that's so divine? It's hard to know without listening to every single song that he's recorded during his career. But "Someone Put Your Hand Out" is the only song in the box set where he says it. Since it seems to be very important to him, he's probably mentioned it in other ways.

Last edited:
I am sure this has been discussed already but I wasn't a member then and this also applies with the theme of this thread and the original.
It apparently was a BIG deal for Michael to release "Thriller 25", when he did. February 12 2008. The song "For all Time" with its newly added bridge was a sweet and loving gift to her. It was her valentine gift from him. New releases are always released on a Tuesday( Feb. 12th, just 2 days before valentine's day). This is what I hear in the added bridge:
oh on this quiet day
where two souls embrace
so silently
oh the rain may wash away
In the marketing of this rerelease of Thriller, it was pointed out over and over again, how MIchael worked on this song himself! It was even pointed out by Sony in th original press release. He wanted her and anybody elese to know, just how important their love and committment is to him in his life as it stands now.
When Michael sings of souls embracing, he is talking about being one with someone, to be one is to unite in holy matrimony. When he sings of rain washing away, he is saying, where there were tears in the past, the tears will be no more. The words "quiet" and "silent", indicate to me, this union will not get played out in the media. He holds this woman and this love in a much higher standard than that.

awwwww :wub: I never knew that. wow. I never knew the importance of "For All Time" I always loved that song from when I first heard it online years ago and was happy to see it had been released finally. I didn't even know it was a new bridge. :) That is very special.

:)Thank you for sharing that with us all Moddie. I guess I missed the last couple years of what's happened. I'm sure glad I came back.

I never knew that either...I am glad you guys share this stuff with us!!!:) :yes:

Last edited:
oh you have NOOOO idea Linda.. :lol:

(For all time is presently being played on repeat!)

I want to add some things that I was discussing with a friend of mine the other day. Some insight. I have to make sure I get it right. I'll be back!

Yes, the new bridge added a very sweet touch. It's very serene. And the timing of this song was very beautiful indeed. He's a total sweetie, isn't he?

If their souls are embracing to the point that he can feel it, then she has not been hurting his, and God has provided her with guidelines on how not to. MJ was going through a very crucial time in his life. There was no room at all for errors of any sort. God is about precision. And that's how you can tell that God played a major role in it. Just look at the outcome. MJ's plight is over.

In "One More Chance" he said, "Come and rescue me out of this storm." In "Someone Put Your Hand Out" he said, "Save me now of what still remains."

It's been done. It's obvious that it has been done because he, his family, his friends and his fans are happy now.
:yes:

God is good.

awwwww :wub: I never knew that. wow. I never knew the importance of "For All Time" I always loved that song from when I first heard it online years ago and was happy to see it had been released finally. I didn't even know it was a new bridge. :) That is very special.

:)Thank you for sharing that with us all Moddie. I guess I missed the last couple years of what's happened. I'm sure glad I came back.

This one song its timing and added bridge speaks volumes. Ver important song to Michael.

Yes, the new bridge added a very sweet touch. It's very serene. And the timing of this song was very beautiful indeed. He's a total sweetie, isn't he?

If their souls are embracing to the point that he can feel it, then she has not been hurting his, and God has provided her with guidelines on how not to. MJ was going through a very crucial time in his life. There was no room at all for errors of any sort. God is about precision. And that's how you can tell that God played a major role in it. Just look at the outcome. MJ's plight is over.

In "One More Chance" he said, "Come and rescue me out of this storm." In "Someone Put Your Hand Out" he said, "Save me now of what still remains."

It's been done. It's obvious that it has been done because he, his family, his friends and his fans are happy now.
:yes:

God is good.
Yes! He is a total sweetie. and absolutely, God is good.

Has anyone seen an article titled "Ten Things Michael Likes"? It was mentioned to me but I've never seen it. I wondered if it could be posted or something.

Anyways.. I guess Innocence was on that list :) ..and in "Search for my Star" from Dancing the Dream, he says "I'm going to search for my star until I find it. It's hidden in the drawer of innocence, wrapped in a scarf of wonder." and in "Break of Dawn" the bridge:

"Let's not wait, the sun is out,
Let's get up and let's get out,
It's the day, a brand new day,
Let's both go outside and play,
Let us walk down the park,
Makin' love 'til it's dark [...]" which points out that he expects a childlike enthusiasm from the lady chosen for him (by God) as well as the romance.
Anyways, as was pointed out to me, romance, innocence and religiosity are extremely important to him as he shows throughout his writing and music. That seems like a wonderful combination that he holds himself fully and completely. :) What a man hey? wow.

oh you have NOOOO idea Linda.. :lol:

(For all time is presently being played on repeat!)

I want to add some things that I was discussing with a friend of mine the other day. Some insight. I have to make sure I get it right. I'll be back!
Okey dokey.
:)

Ooops!! I clicked Save too late! You're already back! LOL

Last edited:
yup! ... should I share more? I never know how much is too much to say without going too far into his personal life. It's all there in the music but... where is the boundary right?

There's plenty to discuss just based on what he has said over the years, what he sings about, and what he has shown. He's been very open and honest to the point that there's not even a need to read books about him.

Last edited:
yup! ... should I share more? I never know how much is too much to say without going too far into his personal life. It's all there in the music but... where is the boundary right?

Go on girl. You know you want to lol

That seems to be true for sure.

Can I just say once again.. what a beautiful valentines gift. I don't think anything could top that. How romantic... the timing and everything, that he had to get it out by Valentines day :wub: . The lady in his life is incredibly blessed to have his love.

edit: lol@ Kiz..maybe later tonight then when I have some more time.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen an article titled "Ten Things Michael Likes"? It was mentioned to me but I've never seen it. I wondered if it could be posted or something.

Anyways.. I guess Innocence was on that list :) ..and in "Search for my Star" from Dancing the Dream, he says "I'm going to search for my star until I find it. It's hidden in the drawer of innocence, wrapped in a scarf of wonder." and in "Break of Dawn" the bridge:

"Let's not wait, the sun is out,
Let's get up and let's get out,
It's the day, a brand new day,
Let's both go outside and play,
Let us walk down the park,
Makin' love 'til it's dark [...]" which points out that he expects a childlike enthusiasm from the lady chosen for him (by God) as well as the romance.
Anyways, as was pointed out to me, romance, innocence and religiosity are extremely important to him as he shows throughout his writing and music. That seems like a wonderful combination that he holds himself fully and completely. :) What a man hey? wow.
Yep. It seems very much so.

You can tell he likes to pull all-nighters. lol That was pointed out in "Rock With You" in the '70's and "Break Of Dawn" in '01. Actually, "Break Of Dawn" is about being intimate all night, as well as all day. lol

Also, he is a person that likes to stay focused on truth. Anything else is a time waster to him. He doesn't like nonsense. He doesn't like things that bring no real results.

If a woman is not truly grounded in The Lord, MJ will be able to tell. He seems like he will test her to find out where she is spiritually. His spirituality is very important to him. It is the center of his life and if she isn't spiritual as well, he won't be able to fully bond with her. His spirituality clearly shows in his songs. You often hear him using Biblical terms.

Example:

* Should I get down on my knees and pray?
* This is injustice. Woe unto thee.
* Somebody hurt my soul now.
* I look to the Heavens to fulfill its prophecy. Set me free.
* When we pray, will you promise me you'll always stay.
* Deep in my soul, baby.
* I thank the Heavens above that I met you.
* Here abandoned in my fame. Armegeddon of the brain.

These were pulled from a variety of songs and there's more that can be found from just listening.

He reads his Bible. He doesn't just have it. He reads it, and he applies it to his life. If he wasn't applying it to his life, he would not have been able to endure so much.

Yep. He's gonna test her. Testing her to see where she is spiritually, is almost like looking for the one that can fit the glass slipper in Cinderella.

You can imagine him doing that, huh?

Last edited:
hahaha yes I can actually. It sounds so funny to hear. I think God would be doing his own testing as well.. tempering her through the fires for her own good in the long run. It would not only be a dream to be with him, but without the strength pulled from the proper place, would be a nightmare in some aspects. Dealing with media and with unscrupulous people. She would need to have some experience in dealing with this in some way so she could adapt to his life as well because she couldn't live her own the same way she had before.

Yeah. Also, from looking at the way that God has been working in MJ's life lately, it doesn't seem like God is going to allow too much more of that stuff to happen. He's been doing things to bring the madness to a halt. That's why it is so quiet now.

MJ's first two marriages took place in the mist of confusion. God has clearly been purging the things that were causing the confusion and has brought about calm.

MJ's next marriage is going to be much different. It's not going to be faced with as many challenges.

Last edited:
Now I had a thought... bringing her possible side up in this. What if she has children? How would that work? The media doesn't seem to care who they hurt. Their lives would be changed dramatically as well, as would her family wouldn't it? And IF (a big if) she has children as well, they will also have a father. How can they make that work? How will the transition be? HOW HOW HOW..lol.. His children grew up this way so it is just what they know, but if she does actually have some, how could they adjust to it? Then again, he hasn't mentioned children in any music so maybe there aren't any.

(over active imagination I have?? :lol: I think about these things sometimes.. )

I have to admit, I am a hopeless romantic myself. I can't stay away from this thread for long....I hope that all of your observations are true. NOONE deserves to be happy more than MJ. I just hope and pray he not only found her, but that she truly IS Mrs. Right to him...in every way.

Back