Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

So many posts lost here..... but let's see if I can express my opinions ....

Distance relationship is interesting, exciting, but I also think that it is only the beginning! Like any love, physical contact is necessary (and I am not referring to sex only)! You need a hug, a caress, a handshake or just have that person by your side, even without any physical contact! Sometimes it's good just to see that person you love is by your side! Being present is essential for any relationship! ^_^

Michael could have a relationship, any relationship with someone at a distance (as we fans, for example), but the love that he needs, the real love that is missing in his life, can't be lived at a distance, this love will not survive!

Michael is a grown man! He doesn't want an adventure, he wants a real relationship, a real love, a love for all life!

Well....is just my opinion! ;)

Distance relationship is interesting, exciting, but I also think that it is only the beginning! Like any love, physical contact is necessary (and I am not referring to sex only)! You need a hug, a caress, a handshake or just have that person by your side, even without any physical contact! Sometimes it's good just to see that person you love is by your side! Being present is essential for any relationship! ^_^

Michael could have a relationship, any relationship with someone at a distance (as we fans, for example), but the love that he needs, the real love that is missing in his life, can't be lived at a distance, this love will not survive!

Michael is a grown man! He doesn't want an adventure, he wants a real relationship, a real love, a love for all life!

I'm not really seeing where its, "either" / "or" :unsure:

there are just too many ways things can be

and he did say, "This Is It" :unsure: so who knows what his plans were

Last edited:
This is it, here I stand
I’m the light of the world, I feel grand
Got this love I can feel
And I know yes for sure it is real

And it feels as though I’ve seen your face a thousand times
And you said you really know me too yourself
And I know that you have got addicted with your eyes
But you say you gonna live it for yourself.

I never heard a single word about you
Falling in love wasn’t my plan
I never thought that I would be your lover
C’mon baby, just understand

This is it, I can say
I’m the light of the world, run away
We can feel, this is real
Every time I’m in love that I feel

And I feel as though I’ve known you since 1,000 years
And you tell me that you’ve seen my face before
And you said to me you don’t want me hanging round
Many times, wanna do it here before

This is it, I can feel
I’m the light of the world, this is real
Feel my song, we can say
And I tell you I feel that way

And I feel as though I’ve known you for a thousand years
And you said you want some of this yourself
And you said won’t you go with me, on a while
And I know that it’s really cool myself

Michael was very much in love before he left, and he's showing that he spent quite a bit of time listening to the words of the one he was in love with. Notice the lines where he's saying, "you said...you say...you tell me...you said to me..." this all shows he was talking to her, listening to her and getting to know her. How else could her feel like he's known her for a thousand years?

In "The Way You Love Me" he also mentioned something that she said to him. There is the line where he says, "You told me you love me."

And about the way that he's using the number 1,000 in "This Is It." He did the same thing in "You Are So Beautiful." In this song he said, "You are so beautiful to me. Your true love showed me the way, the way I had to go. I walked with you a thousand miles through hurtful lies standing strong with you fighting this all through (so through)...."

Quite often in the past, he said no one understood him. In "This Is It," he doesn't seem to feel that way anymore. He said how long it feels like he's been knowing her and how she said she knows him too. Notice that he's not saying anything in the song to make it seem like he doesn't feel it's true.

Everything in "This Is It" reveals he was content with her. And once again he's not saying anything about money, what he'll give her or where he'll take her. He's only pleasantly singing about how he feels.

This is very refreshing. It was a long time coming and it happened just in time. Actually, in "The Way You Love Me" he said she came in time.

Thank God for that. Michael was in love before he left. He's been singing about his love for her since "One More Chance." He's been singing to her since "One More Chance." He was saying, "I can't stop loving you" at the end of it. In "Beautiful Girl" he was saying, "Can't you see that I'm in love with you?" In "This Is It" he said "Feel my song." Can't get any clearer than that.

Michael the balladeer was consistently serenading the one that he had fallen in love with and his words are very clear...very loving...very affectionate.
:wub:

Okay, I'll step out of my usual lurking mode for 30 seconds :popout:

Great thread by the way you guys :wub:

This is early 80's Michael were're talking about, right? The song was picked by the Estate, because of the lyrics, and was NOT intended to be released in the tour.
He sings about someone who hasn't noticed him, even though he was right there, who told him that she loves him, maybe apologises for "leaving" her (the yahoo interpretation). Maybe was her lover, that's interesting!

Sooo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxAghdWOtC4

*runs*

Last edited:
At the same time, if what you're saying is true, there's nothing saying he didn't get his physical needs met, with or without "her" in his life and of course, nobody KNOWS that either and whomever, if anyone, met those needs it does not seem to be the subject of his music. Thus, the point of this thread and the points brought out about the songs.
:scratch:I think I was not so clear and I should have specified...

I have not mentioned and did not think about sex. lol! -_- This is an important ingredient, but is not essential and is the basis for a relationship, other ingredients are more important and fundamental and should be in first place in a relationship. Sex is only one answer of true love that one feels for others and is only a supplement. What I meant by "physical contact" is to be together, to live the moments, share all things good and bad with each other, sharing life together, a look, a touch, a smile, conversations, the presence of a and so many other things... So, for me, this "absence" love cools, cools the relationship and is very, very, very difficult for the distance relationship work.

That's what I meant... :)

he did say, "This Is It" :unsure: so who knows what his plans were

That's what I say all the time... -_-

What were the plans of Michael?

What exactly he wanted in life?

Nobody knows, only he knows. -_-

Nobody knows what went on in Michael's head, much less what were their thoughts, no one lived with it, no one was with him 24 hours a day... so I say, I say and I will always say it is impossible to be 100% sure that something is very, very, very far from our eyes that no one knows the true reality. What is true is to discuss what may or could have happened, speculating and nothing more. This is where the imagination and fly away with what everyone would like that had happened in Michael's life. In the imagination everything is possible and create in our minds a perfect life for Michael with a genuine love. A life for him no pain, no bad people, without obstacles, without danger and away from anything bad that a lot and love him unconditionally. But the reality is far from perfect and we know that Michael's life was never easy and always has been very difficult. For those who are outside the realm of Michael is easy to see only perfection and good things, but the only Michael and no one knows the true reality of it is that he felt that all the skin and not us. :)

*Popescu, welcome and thanks for the video! (I love your username) :)

*Tha, I fully agree with what you said:

"Michael could have a relationship, any relationship with someone at a distance (as we fans, for example), but the love that he needs, the real love that is missing in his life, can't be lived at a distance, this love will not survive!
Michael is a grown man! He doesn't want an adventure, he wants a real relationship, a real love, a love for all life!" :)

Last edited:
:scratch:I think I was not so clear and I should have specified...

I have not mentioned and did not think about sex. lol! -_- This is an important ingredient, but is not essential and is the basis for a relationship, other ingredients are more important and fundamental and should be in first place in a relationship. Sex is only one answer of true love that one feels for others and is only a supplement. What I meant by "physical contact" is to be together, to live the moments, share all things good and bad with each other, sharing life together, a look, a touch, a smile, conversations, the presence of a and so many other things... So, for me, this "absence" love cools, cools the relationship and is very, very, very difficult for the distance relationship work.

That's what I meant... :)

It was exactly what I said! ;)

That's what I say all the time... -_-

Nobody knows what went on in Michael's head, much less what were their thoughts, no one lived with it, no one was with him 24 hours a day... so I say, I say and I will always say it is impossible to be 100% sure that something is very, very, very far from our eyes that no one knows the true reality. What is true is to discuss what may or could have happened, speculating and nothing more. This is where the imagination and fly away with what everyone would like that had happened in Michael's life. In the imagination everything is possible and create in our minds a perfect life for Michael with a genuine love. A life for him no pain, no bad people, without obstacles, without danger and away from anything bad that a lot and love him unconditionally. But the reality is far from perfect and we know that Michael's life was never easy and always has been very difficult. For those who are outside the realm of Michael is easy to see only perfection and good things, but the only Michael and no one knows the true reality of it is that he felt that all the skin and not us. :)

Exactly! :clapping: :yes:

I agree with you Tha!
Really distance relationship beyond romantic is very exciting, but is need more, it's necessary to exchange of affection, kindness, looks, meeting of hands ... simple things but what take gigantic proportions when it's next to beloved person...

Michael's need more than that, more than a "fantasy" he needs a real love, not those who we dream and we live idealizing, because they will never be realized, simply because they exist only in our imagination... Michael does not need someone perfect, but someone real, with faults, but that anyway he loves her, and that this is reciprocal, because Michael's not perfect, is not an unattainable, unreachable ... he's a man who though famous, is common... suffer, smile, cry... And if in fact he found the person that he sings in This is it! Be happy, if is the Will of God, otherwise, everything's runs for the good of those who love Him, and I'm quiet because Michael loves God over all things. Then everything will be for him good!

Oh *Ash perfect post! :clapping:

Last edited:
Thanks and thanks again for not killing me for my thoughts contrary. lol! :wild: :bugeyed

;) :)

I agree with you Tha!
Really distance relationship beyond romantic is very exciting, but is need more, it's necessary to exchange of affection, kindness, looks, meeting of hands ... simple things but what take gigantic proportions when it's next to beloved person...

Michael's need more than that, more than a "fantasy" he needs a real love, not those who we dream and we live idealizing, because they will never be realized, simply because they exist only in our imagination... Michael does not need someone perfect, but someone real, with faults, but that anyway he loves her, and that this is reciprocal, because Michael's not perfect, is not an unattainable, unreachable ... he's a man who though famous, is common... suffer, smile, cry... And if in fact he found the person that he sings in This is it! Be happy, if is the Will of God, otherwise, everything's runs for the good of those who love Him, and I'm quiet because Michael loves God over all things. Then everything will be for him good!

Oh *Ash perfect post! :clapping:

No one is perfect! I'm not perfect, so, Michael, where I leave my resume? :lol:

Ash, While I do not agree that Michael is not interested in adventure (I feel he invented it) I do agree with you on just about everything else you've said. There are still too many ways things can be, for us to make assumptions of anything. This thread is only about the music ok? :lol: The music comes from "Above" through Michael, for a purpose. He writes it with his own vocabulary, some of which may also come from his own experience, all of which comes from his soul and since he's a grown man ya know LOL he can do what he wants. We only listen, we only hear.

I said, 'physical needs' which means, anything of a physical nature. Only MJ would know what all that would entail for him. Only MJ knows if, or how, he separates physical from non-physical interactions, or why he would, if he would.

If he got to hold the hand of the one in his soul, or the one in his immediate space or both or numerous, who all can know that. There are too many ways things can be and his needs (all of them) are personal to him. The music is not about the one (if any) who met those needs, its about one he has "yet" to have that with. I'm only going by the music.

I agree about MJ being a man of action, and still, you nor I KNOW what has occurred, other than the "clues" he has given. That's all I'm saying.

Its just all about the music and some of us can hear Michael's soul in his music and everyone's soul is made up of them.

Everything else is just debate and conjecture. :)

(and pretty much nobody's bizness LOL ... just listening to the music is all)

Ash, While I do not agree that Michael is not interested in adventure (I feel he invented it) I do agree with you on just about everything else you've said. There are still too many ways things can be, for us to make assumptions of anything. This thread is only about the music ok? :lol: The music comes from "Above" through Michael, for a purpose. He writes it with his own vocabulary, some of which may also come from his own experience, all of which comes from his soul and since he's a grown man ya know LOL he can do what he wants. We only listen, we only hear.

I said, 'physical needs' which means, anything of a physical nature. Only MJ would know what all that would entail for him. Only MJ knows if, or how, he separates physical from non-physical interactions, or why he would, if he would.

If he got to hold the hand of the one in his soul, or the one in his immediate space or both or numerous, who all can know that. There are too many ways things can be and his needs (all of them) are personal to him. The music is not about the one (if any) who met those needs, its about one he has "yet" to have that with. I'm only going by the music.

I agree about MJ being a man of action, and still, you nor I KNOW what has occurred, other than the "clues" he has given. That's all I'm saying.

Its just all about the music and some of us can hear Michael's soul in his music and everyone's soul is made up of them.

Everything else is just debate and conjecture. :)

(and pretty much nobody's bizness LOL ... just listening to the music is all)
Ok...

Everyone here knows... I know that I think very different from everyone here and we will never reach an agreement. lol! :bugeyed This is my way to see, feel and understand things and especially the world of Michael Jackson, I really can not escape reality and go to the fantasy side, flying with imagination and speculate. :ph34r: I can only say that it is very interesting to read everyone's opinion here that are always soooooooooo different. This difference of opinion is the soul of this discussion. I just pray to never be banned here because I'm on the opposite side and the opposite view. lol! :bugeyed :wild: :ph34r: :no:

God, do not let that happen to me... :angel: :ph34r:

Ok...

Everyone here knows... I know that I think very different from everyone here and we will never reach an agreement. lol! :bugeyed This is my way to see, feel and understand things and especially the world of Michael Jackson, I really can not escape reality and go to the fantasy side, flying with imagination and speculate. :ph34r: I can only say that it is very interesting to read everyone's opinion here that are always soooooooooo different. This difference of opinion is the soul of this discussion. I just pray to never be banned here because I'm on the opposite side and the opposite view. lol! :bugeyed :wild: :ph34r: :no:

Exactly! :yes: :)

God, do not let that happen to me... :angel: :ph34r:

God, don't let that happen to US..... :angel: :lol:

U 2 are silly! :giggle:

Nobody completely disagrees on everything, but I don't mind agreeing to disagree if we must. ;) Works for me.

*goes to call the mods*

:lol:

*That's funny Popescu! I always thought MJ's songs were about Miss Ross!

Anyway, I just wanted to say: ash and tha, I liked your posts. You brought up many valid points. I think it would be difficult to have just a "spiritual" relationship with a person, from a distance, forever, since humans are comprised of a soul and a body and the flesh needs the flesh, as you have stated. And yes, one or even both of them, may have been tempted to find someone else to fulfill their needs or ... even give up on their "unique" relationship altogether. However, I feel that even when two people can't be together "physically," that doesn't stop the love that they have for each other.

And, while I feel that it's God's intention to bring two people together "physically," the process can sometimes be slowed down by various things. The people involved could be trying to get ahead of God in their impatience, which would slow things down. They could be making mistakes. That would definitely slow down the process because then God would have to spend time helping them undo their mistakes. It could also be a long process simply because God has to take time to do some things in one or, more than likely, both of the people, or their situation. And sometimes things just take the time they take. For instance, when a couple is going to have a baby, it will take them 9 months to realize this dream. They could do everything perfectly, but it will still take them 9 months, simply because that is how long it takes.

Something else that people don't realize is that when dealing with the spirit world, there is goodness and light, but there is also darkness and evil. And, as we all know, Michael was/is a very special person, otherwise we probably wouldn't even be spending time writing about him on this board. I don't think people realize how much opposition Michael has really had to endure because of that darkness. We have seen him lose almost everything because of it, if it had not been for the grace of God. If it has been this way in his life with everything else, I think it wouldn't be too difficult to believe that he would experience the same opposition when it came to his "someone in the dark" (if she exists). I don't think the same forces who were against him in other areas of his life would exactly be willing to roll out the red carpet for him and "her."

Everything came hard for Michael and I don't think love was any exception. "Love is a battlefield" could have been his motto. However, just because of the battles, it doesn't mean the love story is necessarily over. Perhaps God had to do something very unique to finally bring them together. Perhaps it has to happen in the next life, or perhaps the faith they have in each other and their love could bring about an incredible miracle. We really don't know how it will play out in the end. But, as I had stated before, God's delay is not necessarily denial. It may have taken a long time, perhaps a very long time, but they may have somehow found a way, with God's help, to overcome all of their battles. Maybe that is what he meant when he sang, "This Is It"! And, aren't things sweeter when you've had to wait for them a long time?:yes:

U 2 are silly! :giggle:

Nobody completely disagrees on everything, but I don't mind agreeing to disagree if we must. ;) Works for me.

*goes to call the mods*

:lol:
:bugeyed :(

*That's funny Popescu! I always thought MJ's songs were about Miss Ross!

Anyway, I just wanted to say: ash and tha, I liked your posts. You brought up many valid points. I think it would be difficult to have just a "spiritual" relationship with a person, from a distance, forever, since humans are comprised of a soul and a body and the flesh needs the flesh, as you have stated. And yes, one or even both of them, may have been tempted to find someone else to fulfill their needs or ... even give up on their "unique" relationship altogether. However, I feel that even when two people can't be together "physically," that doesn't stop the love that they have for each other.

And, while I feel that it's God's intention to bring two people together "physically," the process can sometimes be slowed down by various things. The people involved could be trying to get ahead of God in their impatience, which would slow things down. They could be making mistakes. That would definitely slow down the process because then God would have to spend time helping them undo their mistakes. It could also be a long process simply because God has to take time to do some things in one or, more than likely, both of the people, or their situation. And sometimes things just take the time they take. For instance, when a couple is going to have a baby, it will take them 9 months to realize this dream. They could do everything perfectly, but it will still take them 9 months, simply because that is how long it takes.

Something else that people don't realize is that when dealing with the spirit world, there is goodness and light, but there is also darkness and evil. And, as we all know, Michael was/is a very special person, otherwise we probably wouldn't even be spending time writing about him on this board. I don't think people realize how much opposition Michael has really had to endure because of that darkness. We have seen him lose almost everything because of it, if it had not been for the grace of God. If it has been this way in his life with everything else, I think it wouldn't be too difficult to believe that he would experience the same opposition when it came to his "someone in the dark" (if she exists). I don't think the same forces who were against him in other areas of his life would exactly be willing to roll out the red carpet for him and "her."

Everything came hard for Michael and I don't think love was any exception. "Love is a battlefield" could have been his motto. However, just because of the battles, it doesn't mean the love story is necessarily over. Perhaps God had to do something very unique to finally bring them together. Perhaps it has to happen in the next life, or perhaps the faith they have in each other and their love could bring about an incredible miracle. We really don't know how it will play out in the end. But, as I had stated before, God's delay is not necessarily denial. It may have taken a long time, perhaps a very long time, but they may have somehow found a way, with God's help, to overcome all of their battles. Maybe that is what he meant when he sang, "This Is It"! And, aren't things sweeter when you've had to wait for them a long time?:yes:
:smilerolleyes: Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Very interesting your little book. lol! :D

I will not comment on anything and I'll just say thanks for being kind to agree "on some points" with me...:D :closedeyes:

You always end up agreeing with me. lol! :yes: :closedeyes:

:cheeky:

Last edited:
I also believe that different opinions are the foundation of this discussion, what keeps! And not new that I think differently too! :ph34r:

Originally Posted by Tha
God, don't let that happen to US..... :angel: :lol:

:pray:

Last edited:

Thanks! ;)

I agree, but I think we should not let all in God's hands! I do not know if I can make you understand me, but I think if two people love each other and are in God's plan that they being together, they should give a "little help" to God, yes! Sometimes He gives us only the stick and we have to learn to fish alone! ^_^

:closedeyes:

Your post was amazing MP, The God's timing is different from ours, we have to endure the delays of God!
Everything is for the good of those who love God, I believe that something amazing will happen, who knows, not is the opportunity of Michael to find love in the dark? :girl_happy:

You always end up agreeing with me. lol! :yes: :closedeyes:
:cheeky:

Hey! I do don't I? :wild:

I agree, but I think we should not let all in God's hands! I do not know if I can make you understand me, but I think if two people love each other and are in God's plan that they being together, they should give a "little help" to God, yes! Sometimes He gives us only the stick and we have to learn to fish alone! ^_^

Ha! Ha! More people have gotten into trouble tryin' to "help God out a little." :cheeky:

MP all I can say is wow. :mouth_hanging_open:

Amazing post!!

Okay, I'll step out of my usual lurking mode for 30 seconds :popout:

Great thread by the way you guys :wub:

This is early 80's Michael were're talking about, right? The song was picked by the Estate, because of the lyrics, and was NOT intended to be released in the tour.
He sings about someone who hasn't noticed him, even though he was right there, who told him that she loves him, maybe apologises for "leaving" her (the yahoo interpretation). Maybe was her lover, that's interesting!

Sooo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxAghdWOtC4

*runs*
Love this scene! :wub: I have always loved both of them so much

I remember recording this on Beta Max :giggle:

rewinding it over and over :wub:

until my dad walked in and snapped off the TV in my face :busted:

he's older and wiser now thank goodness but back then ..

Daddy could swear, I declare :girl_mad:made me so mad I could have ..

:blowup:
y' just wished you could say, ":girl_gthooh: "

:fool:

:angel:

those were the strange old days

but it had its heavenly side too :wub:

oh well,

sorry :doh:

remeniscing and having

a smiley attack!!! :wild:

*sneaking out before a certain smiley patrolling member gets here*

:moonwalk

Hey! I do don't I? :wild:
Silence and mystery... Ha! Ha! Ha! I love it! lol! :wild:

:smilerolleyes:

:fortuneteller:

:cheers:

*I think I'm so addicted to this discussion. I can not stay away. lol! :wild: It is late at night I'm still awake. I think I'll take a vacation of "dark love". :yes:

Well, I'm going to sleep now... I just came here to read the posts and see what the MP walked ready here. lol! :smilerolleyes: :D

Well, here a few hours :timer: we will have more discussions, opinions, analysis, speculations... and I'll be here to read and follow. Now I have to rest my brain (lol!) and rebuild my energy. :wild: :yes:

:cheers:

Last edited:
Now you've done it queen g. Each of us ladies on the net can jump up and down in unison shouting that "the lady in the dark was ME!" and there's nobody now to correct us and bring us back to earth. Pandora's box has been opened. lol. Either that or we'll all be pointing fingers at each other asking, is it YOU??

I have to admit though, I really liked your interpretation of the dream. Very clever and creative. I wouldn't have thought of that (I didn't think of it, in fact). One thing too, when it shows they are together and alone in the dream, maybe that could be when the two of them were chatting together alone, and when it shows other people looking on, maybe that's when it's in a setting not so private with others around, like forums or a chatroom. Yes this is a fun interpretation. Actually makes more sense to me than someone sending messages in a song to another without having some form of one on one real communication that's almost like being together. It could be both.

Where is the thread of Trish's that you mention? I rarely look around anymore since things have changed so much. Too much to look through.

I do agree with you Ash that with lacking physical closeness, it would be so difficult to continue a loving relationship. To not be able to sit in each others presence to talk. To not hear each others laughter. To not give each other a comforting hug, and yes... eventually have that time in the bedroom.. it would be difficult. Not impossible to hold on to, but difficult. I'd imagine the yearning to be together would be overwhelming at times. I suppose somehow though, they would find ways to comfort each other even through their distance, even if there might be troubles that come up because of distance or anything really. Relationships are never 100% without problems, or maybe even arguments. So... I don't know. I still have troubles looking at this as MJ being gone.

I want to share some things in here that I found online that really make me think of this thread, but it's someone's private blog. Just beautiful though. It plays the heartstrings like a violin concerto (that was for Summer ;) ). Gives that exact feeling actually, to read. I don't know the person or I'd ask to share parts.

This brings me to my original interpretation, that I never got around to sharing, of a dream of Moddie's which she posted some weeks back. Now might be the better timing to post it. If you remember, I had said that somethings that Trish and Justus had posted made me feel that perhaps I was seeing things correctly regarding this dream. Trish in a thread had reassured us members that MJ was very computer aware and had definitely visited MJJC. Justus told us that MJ read our thread here and had a fondness for it.

Here's that dream, with my interpretations in red.

And there ya are. Sorry it took me so long to post my thoughts on that dream but maybe timing was important. Maybe MJ and his lady friend had some real good times together playing online and it made him smile. It probably made her real happy as well.

:wild::wild::wild::eat:

Wow! What a dream analysis! I didn't even see that when I was trying to interpret it! I officially pass the dream analysis baton over to queen g!!!:number_1:

*queen g shooting all our smilies*
:western::lol:

Back