Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

youuuu know :lol: just makes ya go :brow:

:lol: seriously

:lol: neither

just ...

:brow:

:lol:

thought-provoking :yes: that's the word

Last edited:
Probably in a "what more does she know" kinda way. Or "what's she getting at here". Just my impression. Very interesting reading :yes:. Nice to have more people join in the discussion to see more points of view.

i've often wondered if people tried to take control of his IMAGE while he still tried to take control of his SOUL through MUSIC :yes:

Probably in a "what more does she know" kinda way. Or "what's she getting at here". Just my impression. Very interesting reading :yes:. Nice to have more people join in the discussion to see more points of view.

:brow: :scratch: :brow:

Last edited:
ok so I was wrong for what SOS meant with the look..:lol: but it's what I was thinking. So I will speak for myself with that (sorry sos)

^ we just needed a break I guess, from all the "depth" (and my daughter's been sick, keeping me up nights so I'm a little "punchy" lol but she's getting better) but i'm sure some "deepies" will be back before too long :lol:

lol.. and I'm going to go hide in a corner and be a wall flower. :flowers:

I'll just hush for now.

Last edited:
^ :lol:

now you know you're gonna have to throw in some black light posters for "effect"

:lmao:

(bad!! SoS!!)

:hysterical: sorry y'all, I'll be good, I promise!

Last edited:
Be right back. Gonna listen to Will.i.am's song onnnnnne more time. Something just came to me after listening to it.

*going next door*

You are just tempting me to talk now aren't you AFMJ? Luring me away from my comfortable corner? How can I sit still with a strobe light and disco ball? FUN!

^ :lol:

now you know you're gonna have to throw in some black light posters for "effect"

:lmao:

(bad!! SoS!!)

:hysterical:
Yep!! Can't forget the velvet black light posters with the zodiac signs and ummmm....well that's ALL I'm gonna say about those black light posters!!

and some Techno music.. :lmao:
Of course there's gonna to be some Techno music! Give me five more minutes and I'll switch it up and have John Trivolta up in here!

You are just tempting me to talk now aren't you AFMJ? Luring me away from my comfortable corner? How can I sit still with a strobe light and disco ball? FUN!
Here ya go Ape. These are those 10-inch platforms you were looking for yesterday. You KNOW you wanna put 'em on!

Not sure I could stand with em on actually. I might need a shoulder to hold on to while I hobble around on those stilts you call platforms.

So.. for nostalgia purposes I am going to post my first post from the first thread of "Did MJ Find Love In The Dark" oooooooh I am sure everyone is waiting in complete excitement. lol.

Remember that song, a lullaby that goes something like

"Goodnight my someone goodnight my love, sleep tight my someone sleep tight my love, a STAR is shining it's brightest light, now goodnight, my someone, goodnight

sweet dreams be yours dear if dreams there be
sweet dreams to carry you close to me
I wish I may and I wish I might
now goodnight my someone goodnight"

it is about singing to your one. The one who is meant for you. A lullaby to the one you love who is meant to be. But you don't know who it is yet.

I love that song.

That's what the songs were prior to his finding his love (as you have said..an assumption I will go with). Love songs for his divine love whom he hadn't met yet but he was reaching for. He knew her in dreams because he would dream about her. He knew she existed because God promised him. God tells us "seek and ye shall find" I guess he was just seeking. I wonder when he knew or what clicked for him and when...and if she knows now.

God is the only real true matchmaker isn't He? lol

^

The way I see it, every artists work serves a unique purpose, from artist to artist. As I pointed out, I know song writers who are NOT writing about anything except some impression from the past, and MJ may be doing the very same thing - or - he may be using his music as the one and only practical, yet spiritual communication tool he has, to reach out to someone who is not in his vicinity. AllforMJ noticed a patten, almost like a "code" that seems to be hidden within the framework of MJ's body of work. If it is so, it is obviously deeply personal, to MJ and to the person he's writing to, (if this is true and there is such a person) and the fans are being careful while at the same time "standing in the gap" or serving as a spiritual liaison, between MJ and the recipient (if there is an intended recipient) of his 'messages' (if there are messages). Does that make sense? :) IOW - this is not a "song interpretation" thread as you'd find in the Groove Theory section. This is a "someone noticed a pattern" thread which being all about MJ and romance, you could only find in MICHAELMANIA!!!!! :wild: :lol:

:flowers:

Yes, it could be that MJ is reaching out for someone, but more likely to someone that is more a fantasy of his or may be he dreamt of that than a real person he met in real life. Sometimes I see men in dreams, someone unknown and it seems weird and you ask yourself who might it be, because it was so vivid, if may be it is a real person that lives somewhere in this world.

I think the main purpose could be is to make it so that every fan/listener feels he was reached out for and can associate himself/herself with a song, this is the way to make the song great.

We are talking about a man that has made it very clear to the world that he is lonely. He wants what he wants. He wants true love. Whatever true love to him may be. He has a list of what he wants in this person just like most people do. We can't fault him for it or pass it off as fantasy. He knows what he needs, he knows what he wants and if he feels it is obtainable then we are not to say that it isn't. We don't even know what's on his list. But lately, it seems like he's been checking some of those things off.

If he's starting to check off some of those qualities in someone that he has his eye on, then we have to step back and let him. Some songs are just songs, but some songs mean something to him.

There are some things that he mentions often in his songs and I think those are the things that matter to him. He wants someone to touch his soul without hurting it. If he loves deeply, he will also hurt deeply. That's probably why he tries to refrain from giving his heart to anyone.

But at the same time, he's got to take that chance or a life of living lonely will not end. Those tears that were flowing were not due to some fantasy. They were flowing due to something that he was lacking in his life. He's never been the type to beat around the bush when it comes to something that he wants.

Yes, it could be that MJ is reaching out for someone, but more likely to someone that is more a fantasy of his or may be he dreamt of that than a real person he met in real life. Sometimes I see men in dreams, someone unknown and it seems weird and you ask yourself who might it be, because it was so vivid, if may be it is a real person that lives somewhere in this world.

I think the main purpose could be is to make it so that every fan/listener feels he was reached out for and can associate himself/herself with a song, this is the way to make the song great.
What if it was something like this and it actually was a real person? There have been studies done on mutual lucid dreaming. There are many things in life we still do not understand but yet they exist. Not to say this is what happened but since we are only here brainstorming and dreaming, then maybe I'll do some of my what if's :D.

What if, like at the end of the Billie Jean video, he was able to visit someone in his dream and this someone actually felt his presence somehow, maybe in her dream as well. You know how dreams go, sometimes you don't even see a face but you know the person is the same person because of their spirit. It is the same. So a person can look different to you in the dream, yet you know it is that same person. Just as a in a dream your house can look like a different house, yet you know it is your house. Dreams are weird like that (or is it just mine:no: :lol:). That person may not even know it was MJ, just that they are familiar with him because he (the spirit of the man) is a friend from some dreams. Remember, I am only brainstorming. When I listen to the songs, it's what I hear. I could be way off. But even if it were just dreams and not an actual person in his dreams, but the ideal of what he wants in someone, does not discount all the important qualities he is looking for (like AFMJ mentioned). Later on when I have more time I can bring song lyrics in to support this view of how it could be. It's just an idea I had. It doesn't have to be creepy either. If someone is praying that God reveal something to him, it could just be a vision of the person he is meant to be with. Not something that God would disprove of as some might wonder, if that is indeed what happened.

^^ ditto about having some crazy/strange dreams!!!!:lol:..its nice to hear everyone's own point of view in this thread. There are many scenerios to this mystery..lol

Last edited:
Art interpretation. It's the details that will differ hey? But the main idea remains the same.

and what happened to that party anyways? Are we just a bunch of old biddies who can't stay up past 10 o'clock and just stay awake long enough to read our Harlequin MJ romance novel here? ;) just teasing us :lol: but as soon as I slipped on those 10 inch platform torture devices everyone split. :no: very uncool...very uncool.

Art interpretation. It's the details that will differ hey? But the main idea remains the same.

and what happened to that party anyways? Are we just a bunch of old biddies who can't stay up past 10 o'clock and just stay awake long enough to read our Harlequin MJ romance novel here? ;) just teasing us :lol: but as soon as I slipped on those 10 inch platform torture devices everyone split. :no: very uncool...very uncool.
Oops!! My bad!

Got something I'm gonna post in a minute. brb

Last edited:
Back