Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

What year was this Oprah Interview from??omg that is so cute of him, his reply...aww

^^^ah umm I am not good at this ,lol.. I mean about how she made reference to the songs. How Moddie said that umm Libeian Girl and how that song is saying "i do" , moddie also pointed out it was about a women of color.. and then the other songs "break of dawn" and "one more chance " also relate to IJCSLY.... i think?if that makes sense?? That's what she made a good point about.Could he be giving us clues??could be.

about The women of color in his videos, I also appricate it from the bottom of my heart as well, :clap:.... moddie also said maybe thier history goes way back when the "bad" era happend?could be.. ... never know .

Ohh the walk, yes Queen and moddie did make good points about the walk, indeed. I agree with you SOS about some of Tat's exaggerations though(TWYMMF, LOVE that video, they did great in that vdieo!!!).. i mean she is cool, nothing against her... lol, anyways before i kill this more, i am done hehehe but Moddie made good points, i have to agree with her on her points!!!

Thank you for this! Sorry it took a while to respond to this post.
This is definately a love story about a long history with a woman, whom I feel, Michael has told us, is a woman of color. He even has described her physical form to us in song.
In "She drives me wild", he says "got it kicking in the back". That translates too her having a
big boodie. Kicking in the back is slang. The word "Kicking" was highly used in urban communities in the 90's. He also describes her body in the same song as, "a statesteque stack", which mean in his eyes at least, her body has EVERYTHING in ALL the places he desires most. She has curves and is not thin. She does not have a boyish body. Her body is shapely to Michael and apparently the sight of it drives him nuts!! Most women with bodies described the way Michael has described her body are women of color.
Another thing, inside the 'dangerous" booklet, using the song "Dangerous" to show the song lyrics, you will see a female body form. It is very curvacious and womanly. Small waist, curvey hips and full breast. Next to it, is the poem "Planet Earth', where as we discussed earlier reveals words that appear to not go with the title.
Not only has Michael told us of her ethnicity but he has also revealed clues about her looks.
Featuring women of color in recent years in his shortfilms and using language and words in his songs that are mostly connected to people of color speak volumes.

^ great explaination:kickass:.I wish i had the Dangerous album w/ the booklet, so I could look at the image you are talking about .

Last edited:
I believe Michael was hinting here at the fact that she is not a known public figure. In other words, she is not a celebrity. Through the years Michael has given us several clues to this lady. I also agree with MJzPrincess about the quote he made in the "Oprah" interview when asked something about a girlfriend or ever considering marriage, he replied by pausing, smiling, then adding: "Well, there was this one girl". (quoting this from memory, hope I got it accurate).
he was asked if he has ever been in love.. he named brooke and then someone else, I think it was tatum???, but then paused and said, "...and some other girl, yes *giggles*"

Whether he KNEW her face to face or in his dreams remains a mystery to me ..

who here believes that he knew her in his heart and mind and dreams, in the past, but recently finally met her face to face and is finally with her (even if not fully in person yet) and has found and her?

Last edited:
She has curves and is not thin. She does not have a boyish body. Her body is shapely to Michael and apparently the sight of it drives him nuts!! Most women with bodies described the way Michael has described her body are women of color..
how can you go based upon such a stereo type?? This is not mere evidence, but a stereo type and opinion ..many women are curvy, in front and back, and even some are white! Sorry, but I had to disagree there. lol it made no sense to me to call colored women's body a certain figure..sorry.

Last edited:
He seems like he was very sad during the "Invincible" recording session. It's in his voice. He started perking up sometime afterwards. Listen to "One More Chance" and you will notice a difference. He's in the song.
if that's the case, then he was perky during THRILLER, BAD, and DANGEROUS era too ... hence the love songs and the foundation for his poems and insights in DANCING THE DREAM....

Actually, you are able to pick up on it. If the way he sings the word "breathe" gets you every single time it is because you can feel him.

:yes:
you see .. how can not everyone understand this and we can?? This is a mystery to me ... I can feel soo much for him in one song, so much so that I cannot listen to that song .. it over-rides my emotions and either makes me cry a lot and become upset with tears or it makes me really upset or very happy... IF YOU DOTN LOVE ME, SPEECHLESS, FOR ALL TIME .. those are just a few songs where I feel overflowing with HIS emotions .. not mine but his. Now I know I am not crazy if other fans experience this :lol: Here, I thought I was the only fan that could pick up on words that he sings that are just FILLED with his essence and joy or saddness and dispair...

This is just magical!! :) :wub:

^ I wish you hadn't deleted what you had written. I like when you contribute your thoughts :) I wanted to read what you had to say about:
who here believes that he knew her in his heart and mind and dreams, in the past, but recently finally met her face to face and is finally with her (even if not fully in person yet) and has found and her?
^That's my thinking, though there are many possible theories.

^ I wish you hadn't deleted what you had written. I like when you contribute your thoughts :) I wanted to read what you had to say about: ^That's my thinking, though there are many possible theories.

Thanks for wanting to hear my insights on this whole thing :)..but No thanks...it would probably be wrongor dumb lol!!!I'm just glad MJ is happy!:) :yes:

Last edited:
Who knows if any of us are right? You aren't dumb and nor would be your ideas and thoughts...but it's ok if you don't want to share too :hug:

Last edited:
Thank you for this! Sorry it took a while to respond to this post.
This is definately a love story about a long history with a woman, whom I feel, Michael has told us, is a woman of color. He even has described her physical form to us in song.
In "She drives me wild", he says "got it kicking in the back". That translates too her having a
big boodie. Kicking in the back is slang. The word "Kicking" was highly used in urban communities in the 90's. He also describes her body in the same song as, "a statesteque stack", which mean in his eyes at least, her body has EVERYTHING in ALL the places he desires most. She has curves and is not thin. She does not have a boyish body. Her body is shapely to Michael and apparently the sight of it drives him nuts!! Most women with bodies described the way Michael has described her body are women of color.
Another thing, inside the 'dangerous" booklet, using the song "Dangerous" to show the song lyrics, you will see a female body form. It is very curvacious and womanly. Small waist, curvey hips and full breast. Next to it, is the poem "Planet Earth', where as we discussed earlier reveals words that appear to not go with the title.
Not only has Michael told us of her ethnicity but he has also revealed clues about her looks.
Featuring women of color in recent years in his shortfilms and using language and words in his songs that are mostly connected to people of color speak volumes.

I think what the songs mean is that the man just likes shapely women!! Women with curves, and large butts (I have hope!! LOL!) and big busts....he loves shapely, curvey women. This just proves that he is ALL MAN....and most men like shapely curvey women!! It may not necessarily mean that this woman is a woman of color...she is shapely!!

Ooh Mike!! You DAWG you!! LOL!

I think what the songs mean is that the man just likes shapely women!! Women with curves, and large butts (I have hope!! LOL!) and big busts....he loves shapely, curvey women. This just proves that he is ALL MAN....and most men like shapely curvey women!! It may not necessarily mean that this woman is a woman of color...she is shapely!!

Ooh Mike!! You DAWG you!! LOL!

Thus far, I have read every post and every single word. You people are amazing with your
interpretations to the point where I believe we are on the brink of having this "romantic" love story, which seems to have been happening for many years unfolding to reality before our eyes, soon.

However, I just wanted to point out that in regard to the bolded words above ^ I am in disagreement. First, the words "most men[/b]"? That is what makes him so appealing not only to women but, men as well. He doesn't seem like his purpose in life is to follow the crowd but, he is a born leader, a pioneer. The majority of artist always credit him for their career whether female or male. He IS different and imo, is not afraid of being true to himself. He allows everything he does to be guided by divinity. (e.g. Dangerous. He sings about something being different about this girl, the way she moves…divinity in motion) When I listen to his songs I cannot help to recognize his deep spiritual connection with God. And how God loves is in variety. We are surrounded by the love of God when we see places on this planet earth that differ, animals differ within their species and of course, we as humans can plainly see we are not alike. This tells us that God does not show favoritism in his creation; he loves all just the same. Therefore, Michael having this deep spiritual connection to God, which has always been reflected in his music, tells me that he appreciates women, period; regardless of their ethnic background and form. He respects and value The Divine and for those of you who may not believe in God, my intent is not to make you feel uncomfortable for what I am about to quote. In speaking to Samuel God told him in 1 Samuel 16:7: “Do not look at his appearance and at the height of his stature,…For not the way man sees [is the way God sees], because mere man sees what appears to the eyes; but as for Jehovah, he sees what the heart is.” Michael is a spiritual man and therefore, I don’t believe his agenda is the same as “most men”. I don’t believe he would choose to be with someone solely on the way they look; it’s shallow, it’s physical, it's so Hollywood, not godly. If you think back to the ‘Ebony’ Magazine interview where he was asked, “What do you think about the next presidential race? Hillary, Barack? He stated, “To tell you the truth, I don’t follow that stuff. We were raised to not…we don’t look to man to fix the problems of the world, we don’t. They can’t do it. That’s how I see it. It’s beyond us…We’re all in God’s hands. I think that man has to take that into consideration.

Last edited:
Mystygirl I agree. Additionally, I'll point out as I did in a Groove Theory thread about both versions of PYT the fact that, the one thing that both versions have in common (and both are adlibed in his SPOKEN voice) is where he says "to me".

That indicates that it will/does not matter "to him" what other people have to say or think because how she appears to him is all that matters to him and for obvious reasons that is as it should be, and he did leave that in the new 2008 version as well as the demo version as well as the version that was selected for the album. :ermm: couldn't help but notice that

Last edited:
how can you go based upon such a stereo type?? This is not mere evidence, but a stereo type and opinion ..many women are curvy, in front and back, and even some are white! Sorry, but I had to disagree there. lol it made no sense to me to call colored women's body a certain figure..sorry.

You have missed my point. This IS NOT A STERO TYPE! This is what MIchael himself has revealed to us in songs he has written and composed. He told us she was a woman of color back in 1987! Look at the song "Liberian Girl", check out the lyrics and go look up the meaning of "Liberian" in a dictionary. I remember doing that myself many years ago, actually,lol. This theory comes from Michael's own words, NOT MINE. I am just giving trying to explain the clues and what their true meaning are from my prospective as a member of an ethnic group. Please do not get offended, that isn't the purpose of this thread.
And yes, other races of women can be curvey as well but in Michael's case with this particular woman, he IS NOT singing about ANY OTHER WOMAN. He is singing about one particular one who happens to be of color.

Thank you Ape, you are so kind!!! I'll just read everyone's insights, because they are really good. :)

Last edited:
At the end of the day, isn't this is all 'immaterial' since its all about whatever it is to him and I don't believe he's communicating what that is for anyone (but her), let alone for "everyone", to understand or approve of.

"Kicking up the back" is an expression I have only heard from him and could mean any number of things including but not limited to having a butt he likes to look at, whether it is a "big" butt or not.

Regarding Liberian Girl, I didn't look it up in the dictionary but I have been under the impression it is a female from Liberia. Quincy (in Thriller SE) says that it is from Michael's "amazing imagination" which could also mean any number of things.

Liberia being a Country of "liberty" of African Americans who returned to the "motherland", if it is not literally a girl from Liberia (and who's to say it isn't) and is indeed someone from his own culture we're talking about, then perhaps it could indicate an African American girl he considers to be a representation of "freedom" for him personally, being that freedom is something he seems to be trying to say he gained more of since she "came and changed his world" as expressed in different ways in different songs.

To try and get it back on topic, the point of this thread is not to determine what he's trying to tell "the world" but what he's trying to tell "the girl" - and y'all were doing so well :lol: .

Last edited:
You have missed my point. This IS NOT A STERO TYPE! This is what MIchael himself has revealed to us in songs he has written and composed. He told us she was a woman of color back in 1987! Look at the song "Liberian Girl", check out the lyrics and go look up the meaning of "Liberian" in a dictionary. I remember doing that myself many years ago, actually,lol. This theory comes from Michael's own words, NOT MINE. I am just giving trying to explain the clues and what their true meaning are from my prospective as a member of an ethnic group. Please do not get offended, that isn't the purpose of this thread.
And yes, other races of women can be curvey as well but in Michael's case with this particular woman, he IS NOT singing about ANY OTHER WOMAN. He is singing about one particular one who happens to be of color.
nah, I went based upon that one sentence of yours.. not the rest. I couldn't see how you could point out who she is (or her race, rather) based upon body figure. :lol: :)

Wasn't "Liberian Girl" dedicated to Elizabeth Taylor??

Last edited:
At the end of the day, isn't this is all 'immaterial' since its all about whatever it is to him and I don't believe he's communicating what that is for anyone (but her), let alone for "everyone", to understand or approve of.

"Kicking up the back" is an expression I have only heard from him and could mean any number of things including but not limited to having a butt he likes to look at, whether it is a "big" butt or not.

Regarding Liberian Girl, I didn't look it up in the dictionary but I have been under the impression it is a female from Liberia. Quincy (in Thriller SE) says that it is from Michael's "amazing imagination" which could also mean any number of things.

Liberia being a Country of "liberty" of African Americans who returned to the "motherland", if it is not literally a girl from Liberia (and who's to say it isn't) and is indeed someone from his own culture we're talking about, then perhaps it could indicate an African American girl he considers to be a representation of "freedom" for him personally, being that freedom is something he seems to be trying to say he gained more of since she "came and changed his world" as expressed in different ways in different songs.

To try and get it back on topic, the point of this thread is not to determine what he's trying to tell "the world" but what he's trying to tell "the girl" - and y'all were doing so well :lol: .

And we are still doing well. We are making points and trying to make them clear and understandable even though we may disagree. We are ALL onto something really special and divine here!

^^ ditto :yes: eveyone has good points here. Its good having different views...

Wasn't "Liberian Girl" dedicated to Elizabeth Taylor??

MJbabe21, I never saw it but I read online somewhere that the only thing dedicated to Liz Taylor was the montage video for 'lierian Girl", not the song itself.

MJbabe21, I never saw it but I read online somewhere that the only thing dedicated to Liz Taylor was the montage video for 'lierian Girl", not the song itself.

oh ok. Yeah on the montage video for "Liberian Girl" it's says dedicated to Elizabeth Taylor..ok thanks :)

Back