Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

I just came from the prayer thread and felt a need to bring some of that over :) it helps that you have already.

Dear Father in heaven,
Thank you for bringing these two people together. Please keep their hearts pure and their love strong for each other and for that love that they share to bless all who see it or feel it or hear of it. Dear God please remove any obstacles from their way of being together in the way you want them to be. Thank you for your direction and your hand in all of this. Only you could have brought two people together in the way that you had in your perfect timing. Thank you that you brought her to him in time, and that you helped her to be there for him when he needed it most in the way that he needed it most. That you that they recognized their love for each other and that it is divine. That you brought them together. Because it was you, they know it will last forever. Thank you for sharing this beautiful love story with your children, and admirers of Mr. Jackson. Thank you that you have given us all a desire to see Michael happy and you have placed caring in our hearts for them to be happy together. May their union bless all who see and recognize that true, deep, never-ending, unconditional love that they have for each other and may you continue to bless them and their family, forever.

Amen :)

Beautiful! Amen!

Many times Mr.Jackson talks/composes metaphorically...After all these years; I believe Mr.Jackson & his friend "know" how much they love/cherish one another...I think he feels that he always needed to protect his friends freedom, privacy, and never wanted to subject his friend to the paparazzi/media vultures that have been so very cruel to him...

When the time is right Mr.Jackson & his friend will let the world know the truth...

"You Are My Life"

Once all alone
I was lost in a world of strangers
No one to trust
On my own, I was lonely
You suddenly appeared
It was cloudy before but now it's clear
You took away the fear
You brought me back to life

Chorus:
You are the sun
You make me shine
Or more like the stars
That twinkle at night
You are the moon
That glows in my heart
You're my daytime my nighttime
My world
You're my life

Now I wake up everyday
With this smile upon my face
No more tears, no more pain
Cause you love me
You help me understand
That love is the answer to all that I am
And I'm a better man
You taught me by sharing your life

Chorus
You gave me strength
When I wasn't strong
You gave me hope when all hope is lost
You opened my eyes when I couldn't see
Love was always here waiting for me

Written and composed by Michael Jackson, Babyface, Carole Bayer Sager, John McClain

HEAL THE WORLD~~~"Education Is Key"

Last edited:
I think that Michael has found that woman and she is so close to him now.... right?

Last edited:
.[/QUOTE] But this song, You Are My Life, I feel differently about. I love the idea that he thinks solely of his sweet children when he sings it. I would be disappointed to learn, actually, if that were not the case, and he was thinking about some woman while singing it. I am so greatly touched that God in His complete goodness gifted this lonely man with these three beautiful, loving children. What a wonderful thing. So...I truly hope this song is dedicated to them.[/QUOTE]

me too .

Last edited:
lol .. I think either case would be fine, it wouldn't take away from the love he obviously holds for his children. I would love to see a complete family for him. The love would be for the entire family, not just the "love" in his life and not just the children. When he talks of "We" I believe now it will include the children and the love and himself in with that we. It would be a family unit, complete and whole. You couldn't separate any part of it. So I actually would hope that it would include his family unit as a whole.

lol .. I think either case would be fine, it wouldn't take away from the love he obviously holds for his children. I would love to see a complete family for him. The love would be for the entire family, not just the "love" in his life and not just the children. When he talks of "We" I believe now it will include the children and the love and himself in with that we. It would be a family unit, complete and whole. You couldn't separate any part of it. So I actually would hope that it would include his family unit as a whole.

I agree...I think the song can be for his children AND the girl he loves. When I first heard that song I immediately had this "video" ready for it in my mind. And that included MJ, his wife and the kids. I can't remember every "scene" exactly, but I can remember it being something about MJ walking in a park on a beautiful fall afternoon..the trees are in beautiful gold, red and green...the sun is shining....So first you see MJ walking alone...it's a bit windy....and then as he walks on...you can see a this girl sitting on a bench and MJ walks up to her, she gets up and they hug...and then they start walking hand in hand and you can see these children playing in the background an dthen they run towards MJ and the girl and hug them both, so it's obvious they're a family....And then you can see all this family footage from Christmas, birthdays, etc. etc....and then at the end you can see MJ tugging the kids into bed and giving them a good night kiss while the girl watches him do that at the door...and then it ends when MJ turns out the light to the room where the kids go to bed. :wub: That would have been my "dream video" for that song...but I guess the footage of MJ with his kids in MJ's Private Home Movies came close enough to that. :wub: :)

Looks like he's already throught about all of that. Don't forget he was going to do a seminar entitled:

"Love, Work and Parenting: Can you be a success in the bedroom, the boardroom and the family room?"

Looks like he's planning to cover all the bases. Real parents do not put the children last. They building things around them. It's always important to make sure children get at good running start at life. They are a top priority. Also, Mike has shown he doesn't play when it comes to his kids.

And just as a reminder, I had said the following on page one:

In early 2003, when I heard the song "You Are My Life" from his “Invincible” CD playing at the end of his "Private Home Movies," my first thought was that it was very sweet that it was chosen as the song to play while he was showing his children. I also felt it was very fitting. Yet, after the rest of the events played out in his life from there on up until the end of the trial, I noticed something else about the song and started seeing it in another way.

Many of the things mentioned in “You Are My Life” had come to fruition.
And keep in mind what MJ had said back in 2001 about how he had been through hell. When he said this, his children were already in his life. If you look at photos of him from the time period you will also be able to tell that he went to the moment of deep depression. He didn't look happy during the 30th Anniversary Special either. He started perking up in 2002.

btw, thanks for rating the thread! :flowers:

Last edited:
Here are some other things that are standing out...

"You Are My Life"
Once all alone
I was lost in a world of strangers

"The Way You Love Me"
I was alone in the dark when I met you

"You Are My Life"
You suddenly appeared.

"The Way You Love Me"
You came in time.

"You Are My Life"
You took away the fear

"The Way You Love Me"
I was afraid of life and you came in time
I was afraid ‘cause I was hurt the last time.

In two different verses of "The Way You Love Me" he is explaining what he was afraid of. This causes this song to link itself with not only "You Are My Life," but also with "Someone In The Dark" because the word "afraid" appears in "Someone In The Dark" as well.

"You Are My Life" started off doing one thing, but later started linking itself to other songs that MJ released in 2004. In addition to this, the trial occurred after “Private Home Movies” aired.

Last edited:
One thing I just noticed when I was watching some footage from the Killer Thriller party in London in 2002....When MJ came on stage...they started playing Spechless, and when MJ noticed what song was playing, it seemed like he "went into his own little world" for a while...like he was totally lost in thoughts for a while and it almost looks like he's about to start crying....and then he asks to stop the music. I just thought it was interesting. Hmmm...:lol:

I can't remember every "scene" exactly, but I can remember it being something about MJ walking in a park on a beautiful fall afternoon..the trees are in beautiful gold, red and green...the sun is shining....So first you see MJ walking alone...it's a bit windy....and then as he walks on...you can see a this girl sitting on a bench and MJ walks up to her, she gets up and they hug...and then they start walking hand in hand and you can see these children playing in the background an dthen they run towards MJ and the girl and hug them both, so it's obvious they're a family....And then you can see all this family footage from Christmas, birthdays, etc. etc....and then at the end you can see MJ tugging the kids into bed and giving them a good night kiss while the girl watches him do that at the door...and then it ends when MJ turns out the light to the room where the kids go to bed. :wub: That would have been my "dream video" for that song...

:cry:

One thing I just noticed when I was watching some footage from the Killer Thriller party in London in 2002....When MJ came on stage...they started playing Spechless, and when MJ noticed what song was playing, it seemed like he "went into his own little world" for a while...like he was totally lost in thoughts for a while and it almost looks like he's about to start crying....and then he asks to stop the music. I just thought it was interesting. Hmmm...:lol:
From "Speechless"

When I’m with you I’m in the light where I cannot be found
It’s as though I’m standing in the place called hallowed ground

"Speechless" is not the type of song to walk on to stage to. He was completely on point when he had them stop the music. The song and the occasion did not go together.

He was probably wondering who picked that song. :lol:

Last edited:
^awwwwit looked like MJ was gonna cry?

Yeah, when he noticed they are playing Speechless it looked like his mood changed and like he went into his "own little world" for a while and he looked a bit sad for a while...I didn't notice that when I was there because I was at the back and I could just see him at times through the "cracks" in the crowd. :lol: But I noticed that when I was watching it on video and saw his face well.

From "Speechless"

"Speechless" is not the type of song to walk on to stage to. He was completely on point when he had them stop the music. The song and the occasion did not go together.

Well, actually they were playing HIStory when he came on stage. And then when he was on stage they played Speechless. Actually he asked to stop the music becaus "as long as you play music it makes me wanna dance"...I don't know how Speechless coudl make anyone wanna DANCE...but...:lol:

By the way, why did you choose that line from Speechless...just curious. :)

Last edited:
I chose that part because it's the saddest part of the song. Nope "Speechless" surrrre isn't the type of song to dance to. Maybe he can get a groove goin' to the other song, but definitely not "Speechless." He may have written it after having a water balloon fight, but it clearly is not about having fun. na-ah

Last edited:
I chose that part because it's the saddest part of the song.

Ah, okay. :lol: What's your interpretation of that part? :) What do you think it means? I actually think "Though I'm with you I am far away and nothing is for real" is the saddest part. :( But I have to agree...the part you chose is sad too.

I just came from the prayer thread and felt a need to bring some of that over :) it helps that you have already.

Dear Father in heaven,
Thank you for bringing these two people together. Please keep their hearts pure and their love strong for each other and for that love that they share to bless all who see it or feel it or hear of it. Dear God please remove any obstacles from their way of being together in the way you want them to be. Thank you for your direction and your hand in all of this. Only you could have brought two people together in the way that you had in your perfect timing. Thank you that you brought her to him in time, and that you helped her to be there for him when he needed it most in the way that he needed it most. That you that they recognized their love for each other and that it is divine. That you brought them together. Because it was you, they know it will last forever. Thank you for sharing this beautiful love story with your children, and admirers of Mr. Jackson. Thank you that you have given us all a desire to see Michael happy and you have placed caring in our hearts for them to be happy together. May their union bless all who see and recognize that true, deep, never-ending, unconditional love that they have for each other and may you continue to bless them and their family, forever.

Amen :)

Amen~~~~~~~

it fits the thread I think. (oops I mean about the speechless)

Last edited:
Ah, okay. :lol: What's your interpretation of that part? :) What do you think it means? I actually think "Though I'm with you I am far away and nothing is for real" is the saddest part. :( But I have to agree...the part you chose is sad too.

That part seems like it means feeling like one is dead. Going unnoticed. Not being heard.

When I heard "Speechless" that's when I got tired of people messing with him. Before '93, he didn't used to sing these types of songs. "Speechless" was a big indicator that he was hurting along with other songs on the Invincible CD. He was starting to cry in "Don't Walk Away."

He went through a moment of deep depression. You can feel it in his voice. It was in his eyes.

I just thought of something that I had not realized before now...

In "Speechless," like other songs, he's singing about not being able to be found. I don't think he's going to be doing this much longer.

Last edited:

That part seems like it means feeling like one is dead. Going unnoticed. Not being heard.

When I heard "Speechless" that's when I got tired of people messing with him. He didn't used to sing these types of songs. "Speechless" was a big indicator that he was hurting along with other songs on the Invincible CD. He was starting to cry in "Don't Walk Away."

He went through a moment of deep depression. You can feel it in his voice. It was in his eyes.

Interesing. :) I sort of agree with you. It took me a looooooong time to try to figure out that part. Like, YEARS! :lol: I just didn't get it. You know, especially the "hallowed ground" part...I was like "what does he mean with it?...what IS a hallowed ground..or equal to hallowed ground? And what does that have to do with "being in a light where he can't be found?" :scratch: And then once it just hit me...and I think I know what he means now. :yes: You know being in a "light where I cannot be found...it's like I'm standing in a place called hallowed ground"...it's sort of like since he is a superstar it's hard for people to see the real him...you know, like...people only see Michael Jackson, the superstar, and they misunderstand him because they can't see past that and can't see past what the media says about him...you know, people have their own pre-conceived ideas about who is and what they think he's like based on what they have read about him, but there's so much more to him than that, but people can't see it because he is "Michael Jackson"...and since he is a superstar he is put on such a "pedestal" by most people that he is almost made "untouchable" in a sense that it's almost impossible to anyone to get to meet him because there are so many people around him and it's almost impossivle for him to go anywhere...you know, he is so "isolated" by his fame that's it's like he'd be on a territory where you just can't have any access to...sort of like a "holy ground" that also is "untouchable". That's sort of how I understood that part. It's hard to really explain it.

Anyways...I hope that wasn't too "off topic". :lmao: I just love "Speechless", I could listen to that song over and over again and talk about it for hours! :lol: My favorite song! :yes: And for some weird reason it always reminds me of Munich!! Don't ask me why...it just does! :lol: The BEST time in my life! :lol: Ah...*singing* "If I could turn back time"...:lol:

Last edited:
Right, summer. And "Though I'm with you, I am far away and nothing is for real" is him talking about the distance. Like he couldn't reach anyone and no one could reach him in addition to not hearing his voice. It all falls right back into being lost.

And when he says, "I love you" at the end of the song, he says it with the sound of hopelessness. He even says "Helpless and hopeless. That's how I feel inside" in the song itself.

This is why hearing his voice along with the lyrics is very important. If you read the lyrics alone you can't get a feel of what he's saying.

Like with the song "Who Is It." If you read the lyrics alone, you will say, "Wow. Someone really hurt him." If you listen to his voice with the words of the song, you will say, "Wow! Someone really hurt him and he is deeply upset about it!"

He's a very gifted singer.

Last edited:
Right, summer. And "Though I'm with you, I am far away and nothing is for real" is him talking about the distance. Like he couldn't reach anyone and no one could reach him in addition to not hearing his voice. It all falls right back into being lost.

And when he says, "I love you" at the end of the song, he says it with the sound of hopelessness. He even says "Helpless and hopeless. That's how I feel inside" in the song itself.

This is why hearing his voice along with the lyrics is very important. If you read the lyrics alone you can't get a feel of what he's saying.

Like with the song "Who Is It." If you read the lyrics alone, you will say, "Wow. Someone really hurt him." If you listen to his voice with the words of the song, you will say, "Wow! Someone really hurt him and he is deeply upset about it!"

He's a very gifted singer.

Oh yeah, I agree!! You can totally hear him crying during Who Is It! The part where he is talking....It's just HEARTBREAKING!!! :boohoo: Just makes you wanna go give him a hug when ever you listen to it! :boohoo:

Because he's a gifted singer, each song sounds different.

After hearing the love songs on the "Invincible" CD, did you notice how different his voice sounds in "One More Chance?" He recorded it right when he was starting to perk up.

Listen to the first part of "One More Chance." He sounds very sexy while he's singing, "Can't go on without you by my side." Enticing.
:yes:

Last edited:
AllforMJ can you give us your interpretation of the part I pointed out Sunday from the original poem "Planet Earth"?(it can be found in the Invincible booklet).
As pointed out in this thread, I too have noticed how in songs Michael cries or is very choked up/Emotional.
If my Memory is at all accurate, he is this way in at least 3 songs? Has anyone noticed that too?

Back