Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

I don't care whether he lied or not... Seriously, it's no-one else's business how many surgeries he had and I don't understand general obsession with MJ's surgeries as there are loads of cosmetic surgery adverts on my way to classes. I admit I would lie if asked the same question and if I knew an honest answer would put me in trouble.

If I remember correctly in the Living with Michael Jackson interview he stated he had two or so surgeries in total but only on his nose.

I think it's a bit obvious he was lying there. But I would understand why, he didn't want people to see him as a plastic-surgery fanatic.

Then again, he was also known to love candy, KFC and Mexican food (esp. enchiladas with lots of cheese). He organised huge "family dinners" when he was working on his albums. He had his own private chef to prepare meals for him. When he went to the Cascios, he requested a big dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy, peach cobbler, stuffing, etc. He spoke about his love for Southern "soul food" which is known to be very greasy. His tea contained more sugar than water, lol. He liked to make French toast (bread dipped in egg with sugar and cinnamon) for breakfast. So I think that if Michael liked the taste of something, he had no problem eating it no matter how many calories it contained. But if he wasn't in the mood for eating, he could go days without it.

Most of the time people with eating disorders are very good at masking it. There are other types of eating disorders besides anorexia (bulimia/binge-purge, binge eating disorder, EDNOS/OSFED) so maybe he had a combination of symptoms.

Or of course, maybe I've simply looked into it much more deeply than necessary. The only thing that troubles me is that he stated himself that he was dealing with anorexia... I guess it's simply speculation unless one of his doctors confirms it. It's also not really our business I guess, but like I said, I've struggled with it and for me it was another way for me to relate to Michael a bit more than I already do.

Y'all know those tapes are fake right?? Sounds nothing like MJ.

I've listened to the majority of them. They seem authentic to me. If I had doubts, I wouldn't have brought them up when referring to MJ's (possible) eating disorder. Do you have reason to believe they aren't authentic besides the way they sound? Maybe I missed something?

It's a fact that Michael knew the Stein family. There is evidence of that. The Stein family claimed the tapes. There would be no reason for them to record 3 hours of fake conversations without anything controversial in there. A good chunk of the tapes is inaudible. What's the point of that? If you're going through all that trouble to put fake tapes out there, why waste 10 minutes on a little girl talking about her favourite movie for example? Besides, it absolutely sounds like Michael to me. Not just the voice but the intonation, the choice of words, the mannerisms, everything. I'm surprised that there are fans who don't recognise it tbh.

It's a fact that Michael knew the Stein family. There is evidence of that. The Stein family claimed the tapes. There would be no reason for them to record 3 hours of fake conversations without anything controversial in there. A good chunk of the tapes is inaudible. What's the point of that? If you're going through all that trouble to put fake tapes out there, why waste 10 minutes on a little girl talking about her favourite movie for example? Besides, it absolutely sounds like Michael to me. Not just the voice but the intonation, the choice of words, the mannerisms, everything. I'm surprised that there are fans who don't recognise it tbh.

I agree. If they had been fake, there probably would've been something to make MJ look bad, something that seemed incriminating, etc. Instead it's just regular phone conversations, nothing that really makes him seem bad or weird.

I agree. If they had been fake, there probably would've been something to make MJ look bad, something that seemed incriminating, etc. Instead it's just regular phone conversations, nothing that really makes him seem bad or weird.
I think I feel the same. I've seen a lot of posts stating they flat out not Michael, and sometimes the voice is hard to tell-but just the fact that they are mundane and ordinary makes me feel like they are real.

Last edited:

Yes, or at least something newsworthy because why else would they record 3 hours of fake footage? Think of the possibilities here. They could have claimed Michael was madly in love with Madonna or something. Instead he talks about some woman at work no one knows about. They could have discussed his sex life (or lack thereof) in detail but instead they dance around it. They could have him talk all kinds of trash about his family or other celebrities but instead he doesn't really say anything we don't already know. I just don't see the point of it. And like I said, it absolutely sounds like Michael to me, taking into account that everyone sounds a little different over the phone. In the two examples below Michael's voice sounds quite different but we know for a fact that they're both Michael:

[youtube]-cD9ioZ91XY[/youtube]

[youtube]UVvtEbR3DCQ[/youtube]

First off, Michael is a horrible liar lol!! that alone gives away that he lied.. He is naturally an honest person so when he does lie it comes off as obvious... haha

He had more surgeries than he stated, he obviously had a complex about his looks.. He has admitted that by admitting that he Is never happy of how he looks and that It was caused by being picked up and being in the public eye... His lower eye lid shape changed a bit too but I THINK that was done due to nose work.. (my guess anyway!

regarding his whole face, I do not see much done aside from tattooed lips (change shape), eyebrows, nose, and cleft... But the nose was done obviously worked on a lot..

Michael is so sweet and polite in those phone tapes. God bless him.

Sad hearing Ryan's voice too. "If you can't make it, it's okay...".

Edit: On the subject of those Stein tapes, to me Michael's voice sounds very suspect on them at times so I remain unconvinced. It may well be him but at times it absolutely does not sound like it.

He didn't have a lot of major procedures in his life.
But he definitely had a lot of touch-ups.
His nose became almost non existent, for lack of better words. Whether it was the fleshy part or the bone, he had too much done to it as the years went by.

Yea yea, bla bla, who cares, heal the world.

I don't think there were so much of plastic surgery. Like he said, two nosejobs and the cleft in his chin. I remember a video where a plastic surgeon said that after a nosejob the nose changes a bit after years. Maybe there was those reconstructive things and something, but here are some pics. And yeah, the media sucks.
michael4.png

nosurgery4.png

nosurgery6.png

nosurgery7.png

nosurgery12.png

See, I think this is VERY misleading and disingenuous to put images of his face and leave out his teenage and young adult pre-sugery face.

It's obvious that this man had many many surgeries so stop comparing his post-surgery face with his post-surgery face.

This is painfully self-serving.

Last edited:
He never changed THAT much
4905518651_c4062b1f5f.jpg

But I do think that the straight hair he had during most of the 00's didn't do him any favors. He looks much better with the curls

See, I think this is VERY misleading and disingenuous to put images of his face and leave out his teenage and young adult pre-sugery face.

It's obvious that this man had many many surgeries so stop comparing his post-surgery face with his post-surgery face.

Last edited:
The fact that people feel the need to post old pics next new newer pics to show that you can tell it's the same person and see similarities shows how much someone has changed.. People don't say they don't recognize him, that's why they still know it's Michael Jackson.. Of course he's the same person, but his physical appearance did change..

What we know as fact... His lips tattooed, changing the shape, eyebrows tattooed, scalp tattooed, cleft put in, and his nose done.. We can go back and forth to the # of times the nose was done, but it's clear it was done much more than twice..

That said, he was always a cool looking guy to me...

There, all eras are now covered.

160721082733960359.jpg

Now compare the post puberty pre-sugery face with the post-surgery bad era face. Do both faces look similar?

KOPV;4157368 said:
The fact that people feel the need to post old pics next new newer pics to show that you can tell it's the same person and see similarities shows how much someone has changed.. People don't say they don't recognize him, that's why they still know it's Michael Jackson.. Of course he's the same person, but his physical appearance did change..

What we know as fact... His lips tattooed, changing the shape, eyebrows tattooed, scalp tattooed, cleft put in, and his nose done.. We can go back and forth to the # of times the nose was done, but it's clear it was done much more than twice..

That said, he was always a cool looking guy to me...

I am almost certain that the tattooing (permanent make-up) of his lips, eyebrows and scalp was a reconstructive procedure to mask the loss of pigment in those places. If you google this, you'll find that it's a fairly common procedure for patients with vitiligo or other pigmentation disorders. This website for permanent make-up specifically mentions vitiligo for example:

Vitiligo which has no known cause or cure may be camouflaged with permanent cosmetics, providing the vitiligo is not in the “spreading stage.” Vitiligo should be in a stable condition for the results to be more permanent, otherwise retouch will be needed.

I don't think it's fair to put that in the same category as getting or nose job or having a cleft put in your chin.

as for his face shape, everyone is completely ignoring the fact that you get a moon face from the medicine (steroids) you take for lupus. and Michael did indeed have this moon face at times, which explains why the shape of his face changed so drastically. the reason for the changes of his face shape, is what people who are ignorant believes are due to plastic surgery. whether you read it in a tabloid magazine, or even if you're a fan who's supposed to know better, who don't even bother with it, and just assume it's because of plastic surgery. because as I said before, people think that's the only reason his face could change. I'm repeating myself here, but it is obviously necessary to do so
mjplasticsurgery06.jpg

Linda, that's fair regarding coloration etc.. I know that he got his lips colored basically to look like pigmented lips.. but the shape changed as well, have it to be intentional or not, it did change his appearance.. His upper lip thickness changed.. I'm not sure if his lower lip got smaller or just looks smaller because upper lip shape got bigger and more arched. Which could have been unintentional, but I would not know.

Those things all changed his looks.. to me, it' primarily his nose though, which I believe Is what effected the slight change in the inner lining of his bottom eye lids.. his nose got thinner, than the base thickened back up! But I do believe the nose work effected his eyes.

For those, who think that lips can be done to a different shape.. There is no such thing in plastic surgery. You can transplant almost everything or create almost everything, but not the lips. It is such a special kind of skin, that there cannot much be done...
If you lose them in some accident, there is no way to bring them back...

The very first picture of the post you quoted compares Michael in 1971 to Michael in 1989. I don't understand what you're talking about.

Btw, didn't you think Michael died or disappeared somewhere around Thriller and the Michael we know after that was a clone? Or was that your friend BBD? I can't tell you two apart sometimes.

Last edited:
Lubyss it would be very easy for someone while getting there lips tattooed to visually get the lip shape change.. just like makeup.. Not a literal lip procedure just tattoo the shape you want..

In close up pics you can see where Mikes real lip ends and the tattoo continues. It's actually pretty obvious!

The very first picture of the post you quoted compares Michael in 1971 to Michael in 1989. I don't understand what you're talking about.

Btw, didn't you think Michael died or disappeared somewhere around Thriller and the Michael we know after that was a clone? Or was that your friend BBD? I can't tell you two apart sometimes.

Nice try! But yeah another member posted the missing images. It's quite clear that MJ post-puberty, pre-plastic surgery MJ had a large nose that was surgically altered many many times. His hair texture was altered. His face was lifted several times.

michael-jackson-facelift-before-after.jpg

Last edited:
KOPV;4157393 said:
Lubyss it would be very easy for someone while getting there lips tattooed to visually get the lip shape change.. just like makeup.. Not a literal lip procedure just tattoo the shape you want..

In close up pics you can see where Mikes real lip ends and the tattoo continues. It's actually pretty obvious!

Yes, but don´t talk about it like he got a surgery to change the shape... This is just make-up and bodyart... Not plastic surgery :) So basically there is no change :)

I don't know how much surgery Michael had, and I really don't care. But I do strongly believe that people greatly exaggerated the amount of surgery he did have. The way some people talk, you'd swear that he was having something new done every week.

Nice try! But yeah another member posted the missing images. It's quite clear that MJ post-purty pre-plastic surgery MJ had a large nose that was surgically altered many many times. His hair texture was altered. His face was lifted several times.

michael-jackson-facelift-before-after.jpg

No, it's right there in the post you quoted. People can just scroll up and see it, you know.

You're comparing Michael as a teenager to Michael in his 40s. Of course he looks different, everyone does! When I look at pictures of my parents as teenagers I can barely recognise them either. It's better to compare Michael in his teens to his 20s, in his 20s to his 30s, in his 30s to his 40s, etc. so you can see the gradual change.

Nobody is denying that Michael had surgery on his nose. The exact number of operations we'll never know but I doubt it was more than a handful. He had a cleft put in his chin (which disproves the whole theory that Michael was trying to look feminine or like Diana Ross) and around Invincible he had botox in his lips, which is not a surgical procedure btw. All of the other changes (hair style, permanent make-up, depigmentation, weight loss/gain, aging) have absolutely nothing to do with plastic surgery. I do love that you call it "altering hair structure" when Michael straightens or curls his hair lol, that's cute. Beyonce and Rihanna must be altering their hair structure every week.

Back