Did you buy the MJ perfume?

I bought Mystery - Cool Fresh Magic
mystery-perfume1.jpg

bought many, most recent about 12 months ago.. available at www.m-jackson.com

didnt know mystery was also a perfume :blink: i thought there were only mystery soft drinks

I just realized that I didn't see them as perfumes I thought it was the drink!:sideways: I am now a bit :mad: I prefer these bottles! :lol:

Hi peeps,
I was just thinking about how the current market is infused with celebs perfumes when I remembered way back when MJ came up with his own perfume? Y'all remember? I was in Dubai at the time with my folks and I remember refusing to leave the shop until my mum gave me money for the perfume. :lol: I also kept the bottle (coz it had MJ's photo although looking back now they could have designed the bottle better!) way after the perfume was all gone. I lost the bottle eventually due to moving around but man... memories!:lol:

So any of you lot bought it? What was your experience? And do you think that MJ will ever do perfumes again? If so, will you buy it?
yeah I have that perfume but i dont have it on me, I dont wanna go around smelling like a man haha

I heard about the perfume back in the day. Around 1992. I wanted to get it but I did not. I remember on The Fresh Prince of Bel Air when Will tried on the perfume and he said that his skin was getting lighter. LOL. I thought that was funny in a good way.

Anyway, for the people who got the perfume, did it smelled great or smelled terrible?

I did have that first series of perfume, the round bottle with the hologram. I did open it one day to smell. But I shouldn't have done that, ha ha ha. It really didn't smell that great. Now if it would be filled with Boss bottled or Allure Homme from Chanel, I would reconsider. But it was a nice collectors item.

Yes I did buy one of them and I really liked it...but I dont remember the name...:)

There was another MJ perfume though that came out during the HIStory tour. It was either called HIStory or Mystery. (I know Mystery was a drink as well). And I am 99% sure the perfume was called Mystery. I did buy some about 5 years ago on ebay but it had gone off by that time LOL!!
It was in a long tall bottle and had a gold-coloured top with the "MJ" symbol that is on the HIStory album cover. It came in a gorgeous tin as well. Still have it somewhere!

I bought Mystery - Cool Fresh Magic
mystery-perfume1.jpg

bought many, most recent about 12 months ago.. available at www.m-jackson.com

Aha! THAT's the one I was on about! :D

^^ Did you find the bottle? (I don't know why I have suddenly developed this unhealthy obsession with MJ perfume bottles!:no: :lol:

^^ Did you find the bottle? (I don't know why I have suddenly developed this unhealthy obsession with MJ perfume bottles!:no: :lol:

Hi Forever_Mike, if you were asking that to me, then yes I know where my bottle is. It's in my parents' house not mine, cos I didn't want to move all my stuff when I left home. Wouldn't have room for it and also too much moving about would wreck my collection, so I brought the MJ CDs and DVDs that I couldn't live without! :D

I bought the scent for Women. Didn't want to wear the scent for Men, but it turns out they're both pretty pongy after all this time ha ha!

(Oh, and if Janet did a new perfume, that would be SWEET!) :)

Last edited:
Hi Forever_Mike, if you were asking that to me, then yes I know where my bottle is. It's in my parents' house not mine, cos I didn't want to move all my stuff when I left home. Wouldn't have room for it and also too much moving about would wreck my collection, so I brought the MJ CDs and DVDs that I couldn't live without! :D

I bought the scent for Women. Didn't want to wear the scent for Men, but it turns out they're both pretty pongy after all this time ha ha!

(Oh, and if Janet did a new perfume, that would be SWEET!) :)

Hi BigDaddy! I was asking you!:lol: Its cool that you know where it is.
I can imagine JJ releasing her own perfume (oh maybe I am just wishful thinking). On the other hand maybe papa Joe will! :lol:

Back