[Discussion] Sexual Abuse Claims Against MJ Estate - Robson/ Safechuck/ Doe

Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson files claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

If they settle with him, it won't damage his credibility at all. He can't prosecute MJ, the maximum he could ask for is monetary compensation . If the estate hands him the money without any fight that means IN The COURT of PUBLIC OPINION his claims are credible. Let's pray they are not that stupid.

I'm sorry. But if the Estate have settled with him, that's it. Nobody will want to buy anything they release ever again. I hope that they have thought about that. And that they have not settled.

I still think it's funny that he had the gall to even accuse Michael in the first place.
Without Michael,Wade would still be in Australia struggling as a dancer-choreographer. It's hysterical and it's just a circus.
Michael was,is,and always will be an innocent man,and I will stand and defend Michael until the day I die.

I don`t get the talking about settlement. This date is about summary judgement from the Estate to dismiss it all.

I don`t get the talking about settlement. This date is about summary judgement from the Estate to dismiss it all.

The settlement talk comes from the reasons why a case can be put off-calendar:

off calendar adj. refers to an order of the court to take a lawsuit, petition or motion off the list of pending cases or motions which are scheduled to be heard. A case or motion will be ordered off calendar if the lawyers agree (stipulate) to drop it, if the moving party's lawyer fails to appear, if a suit is settled pending final documentation, or any number of procedural reasons for the judge to determine the case should not proceed at that time. A suit or motion can be put back "on calendar" by stipulation of the lawyers or upon motion of either party. (See: calendar)

Hopefully it's some other reason.

Well, this could be the logic reason, hopefully

or any number of procedural reasons for the judge to determine the case should not proceed at that time.

The dateline for filling the case was over.

I'm sorry. But if the Estate have settled with him, that's it. Nobody will want to buy anything they release ever again. I hope that they have thought about that. And that they have not settled.

I hope so too. A settlement is the biggest mistake they could make. To many, another settlement would be ultimate, final proof that Michael was guilty, and then his reputation really would be ruined. :( I'm really scared over what could happen if they did settle. Will people break into Neverland Ranch or the mausoleum he's in and torch it? Would they start a witch hunt for MJ fans? Hell, Michael could actually LOSE fans from this...

Well, the estate asked to find out if the suit could be dropped today, and it says it's no longer calender, which could mean the judge agreed it should be chucked?

I believe we would have heard some other legal things in the court motions if a settlement was being considered? It wouldn't make sense to me they'd just start considering it on the day they asked to find out if it could get dropped or not?

It's probably going to be dismissed by the court. It's too old! Way past the statute of limitations. I'd bet anything it's going to be dismissed in the coming days. There are strict statute laws in California, and this case definitely falls into that category.

It's probably going to be dismissed by the court. It's too old! Way past the statute of limitations. I'd bet anything it's going to be dismissed in the coming days. There are strict statute laws in California, and this case definitely falls into that category.
hopefully

hopefully

The Estate already filed a Motion to Dismiss several months back. So, it's very possible that the Court will sign off on that motion siding with the Estate's argument of being past the statute of limitations. Wade never was able to round up other victims, like he was initially desperately trying to do (because there are none), so without further information coming out, this is going nowhere.

I hope the judge will be smart enough to throw this out, I think the fact that MJ is no longer with us makes it easier for people to attempt getting money from allegations like this. I don't know for sure if that's the case and like other people have said, settling would be a terrible idea but since there hasn't been any mention of that other than in speculation and ponderings by fans lets hope they don't go down that road. It's extremely frustrating that people in the general public would view a settlement in this case as proof of guilt, especially when MJ isn't here.

Most people still don't realise that the '93 settlement didn't stop the Chandler's from testifying in court so still use it as "proof" of guilt. The public's ignorance and poor understanding of how these things work makes things very difficult for us. If the estate wants to preserve MJ's legacy and continue putting out and selling his music a settlement will work against that and is therefore a bad business decision. It may be more costly to fight this in court than to settle it, but looking at the big picture, spending more money to fight it now could mean not losing a substantial amount of money later in sales if they went for a settlement. MJ's reputation is tied to sales whether anyone likes it or not, if they want to keep sales up they must protect the reputation.

I'm also glad to know Wade has nobody else backing him up in this, but then, you can't pull "victims" out of thin air. , In '93 the prosecution and Chandler's lawyer were having trouble because their accusation didn't have other corroborating witnesses, and I'm pretty sure Chandler's lawyer said Jordan's case couldn't succeed standing alone, and that was probably the best case they ever had which says a lot. I'm hoping that means Wade's case will go down the drain, fingers crossed.

Last edited:

I don't think this is a settlement. The estate could have settled before when Wade tried to shake them down quietly.

I'm also glad to know Wade has nobody else backing him up in this

I hope the case is dismissed. As far as I know, the only people who were willing to help Wade out with this garbage were McManus and Francia. And why should they be allowed to talk their trash when they were such hot messes on the stand with T-Mez during Michael's 2005 trial?

I'm really scared over what could happen if they did settle. Will people break into Neverland Ranch or the mausoleum he's in and torch it? Would they start a witch hunt for MJ fans? Hell, Michael could actually LOSE fans from this...

Please, don't be over-dramatic.

Bubs, or anyone who is looking into these court system notes. Did something happen on April 15? Because this recent note seems to refer to a minute order on April 15:

O/C PER THE COURT'S 4/15/14 MINUTE ORDER.

Do we know what happened then?

All I can see is proceedings held, and these happened around 15th

04/17/2014 at 10:00 am in Department 5, Michael I. Levanas, Presiding
Probate-Other - Off Calendar

04/16/2014 at 10:00 am in Department 5, Maria E. Stratton, Presiding
MOTION - OTHER (ADMISSION PRO HAC VICE OF STEVENM. PAVSNER) - Off Calendar

Basically I have no idea, and those proceedings don't necessary mean that they were related to Wade case, but other probate cases.

Where is Ivy and her updates? We are lost without Ivy's updates.

They will NOT settle Period. No way! I really believe that.

The settlement talk comes from the reasons why a case can be put off-calendar:

Hopefully it's some other reason.

Well, they probably dropped it. Robson was never going to get anything. He had no case.

When did Robson say this happened?

And also, this hearing was for what reason? To decide whether to proceed with the case or what?

Bubs I think at one time Ivy said that for the probate cases we only hear about it if the media attend & report on it or something like that? Is it that the details are not posted in the court system, so we can't see them? I guess something like that we can't buy it to see what it is?

I recommend not making assumptions. There could be millions of reasons why it could be taken off calendar such as a simple extension. Anything major would get reported by the media.

If they had reached a settlement believe me that Wades lawyer would have leaked it to TMZ.

I dont think the Estate will settle and absolutely not now when Xscape is about to be released. That would be a really dumb decision to settle this kind of a lwsuit when they are promoting the album.

Does anyone have W.R's personal facebook page posts? I heard a rumour about him or his wife saying on his page something about them trying for another baby. I am curious whether there is any truth to this. If there is, then then it could explain a few things. Thanks in advance :)

Does anyone have W.R's personal facebook page posts? I heard a rumour about him or his wife saying on his page something about them trying for another baby. I am curious whether there is any truth to this. If there is, then then it could explain a few things. Thanks in advance :)

I didn't hear about it but what do you mean it would explain?

I didn't hear about it but what do you mean it would explain?

Well, apart from being a amoral assho*le, one of the reasons why he wants to sue. Babies sure don't come cheap. I read the figure for raising a child was last at $300,000+ for 18 years, and that is without the and added costs of luxuries, some of the potential medical or health problems, and college. I really doubt a net worth of (a rumoured) $1 million will cover it for 2 children and allow them to keep on living their comfortable lifestyle.

Well, apart from being a amoral assho*le, one of the reasons why he wants to sue. Babies sure don't come cheap. I read the figure for raising a child was last at $300,000+ for 18 years, and that is without the and added costs of luxuries, some of the potential medical or health problems, and college. I really doubt a net worth of (a rumoured) $1 million will cover it for 2 children and allow them to keep on living their comfortable lifestyle.

What rumoured $1 million?

When the whole thing broke there was some talk about the fact that previously Wade supported autism pages on his FB and some fans were wondering if maybe his son is autistic (a costly condition as well) esp. with the added claim of him pulling out of the Ciruqe project due to his son's illness - at least that's what he told the Estate at the time. But this could have been just an excuse for his mental problems and these things are just speculations, obviously.

I strongly believe they will never settle that BS case and the judge will drop it off and that'll be a huge victory for us and Wade will be crying like a baby.

What rumoured $1 million?

When the whole thing broke there was some talk about the fact that previously Wade supported autism pages on his FB and some fans were wondering if maybe his son is autistic (a costly condition as well) esp. with the added claim of him pulling out of the Ciruqe project due to his son's illness - at least that's what he told the Estate at the time. But this could have been just an excuse for his mental problems and these things are just speculations, obviously.

If his son is autistic then I hope Wade won't use that to try and get sympathy. Although I wouldn't put it passed him

Back