[Discussion] Sexual Abuse Claims Against MJ Estate - Robson/ Safechuck/ Doe

It will take years. They go through the same process we have since the case was first filed in 2013
Don't their lawyer want to get paid for all the legal service he will contribute with for the upcoming years? How can Robbery and Safebuck afford with all these years of litigations?

john13th;4275402 said:
Don't their lawyer want to get paid for all the legal service he will contribute with for the upcoming years? How can Robbery and Safebuck afford with all these years of litigations?

Pfft! They’re getting themselves broke anyways. They leeched off enough.

john13th;4275402 said:
Their lawyers (Finaldi and co.) must be only paid if they win, until then they work for free (of course they already profit from the whole scam PR-wise anyway). And in case they win the lawyers will also get a significant share from the lawsuit money beside the legal service fees. AFAIK that's usual conduct in civil lawsuits like this.

"Absolutely NO FEES, Unless We Win."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="hu"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For those of you who are asking who is paying Wade's and Jimmy's legal fees. <a href="https://t.co/6gAatxsXzm">pic.twitter.com/6gAatxsXzm</a></p>&mdash; andjustice4some (@andjustice4some) <a href="https://twitter.com/andjustice4some/status/1196853166890868736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">2019. november 19.</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
From the Branca interview from July:

"this is the first time EVER, that he was unable to get the press to publish pieces that would show the other side of a claim. EVER."

Interesting...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="hu"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is a Branca interview from July, 2019. I had only seen clips of this before. At the 34 minute mark are comments by Weitzman, stating that this is the first time EVER, that he was unable to get the press to publish pieces that would show the other side of a claim. EVER. 1/</p>&mdash; andjustice4some (@andjustice4some) <a href="https://twitter.com/andjustice4some/status/1200497436399042561?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">2019. november 29.</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ozemouze;4275475 said:

"this is the first time EVER, that he was unable to get the press to publish pieces that would show the other side of a claim. EVER."

Interesting...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="hu"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is a Branca interview from July, 2019. I had only seen clips of this before. At the 34 minute mark are comments by Weitzman, stating that this is the first time EVER, that he was unable to get the press to publish pieces that would show the other side of a claim. EVER. 1/</p>&mdash; andjustice4some (@andjustice4some) <a href="https://twitter.com/andjustice4some/status/1200497436399042561?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">2019. november 29.</a></blockquote>

Great interview and discussion. Branca cleared up a LOT of questions that I had concerning the estate and the role he plays. This man is at the top of his field and has represented and IS representing some of the biggest musical acts EVER.

ozemouze;4275475 said:

Interesting...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="hu"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is a Branca interview from July, 2019. I had only seen clips of this before. At the 34 minute mark are comments by Weitzman, stating that this is the first time EVER, that he was unable to get the press to publish pieces that would show the other side of a claim. EVER. 1/</p>&#8212; andjustice4some (@andjustice4some) <a href="https://twitter.com/andjustice4some/status/1200497436399042561?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">2019. november 29.</a></blockquote>

A bit late, but thanks for posting this. It answered a few questions I had, and it was far more entertaining than I had imagined it to be. :)

Also great to see how John&#8217;s face lights up every time he talks about MJ. :)

Who is the judge in this case? Can everyone email him all the video and paper proof of the Robson and Safechuk lies?

Im sure the eatates lawyers know what they are doing. Its not the judges job to rule on guilt. But on whether the case can go forward based on the new law

elusive moonwalker;4277457 said:
Im sure the eatates lawyers know what they are doing. Its not the judges job to rule on guilt. But on whether the case can go forward based on the new law

Maybe so, but still the judges can&#8217;t be trusted.

Who is the judge in this case? Can everyone email him all the video and paper proof of the Robson and Safechuk lies?

That is a ridiculous idea. It would paint MJ fans as even more crazy than they are painted already. There should never be any attempts to harass a judge with e-mail bombardments. Fans should step back and let the lawyers do what they're trained for and what they're paid for. PLUS the judge does not rule on guilt or innocence....he rules on the merit of a case and on points of law.

PoP;4277493 said:
Maybe so, but still the judges can&#8217;t be trusted.

Judges can and should be trusted......if not, the entire system crumbles into chaos. Historically, due process run appropriately through the legal system has been very effective for Michael. As far as I'm aware, the courts have found in favour of him, or his Estate, each and every time. I'm confident that his Estate will win this time as well.

That is a ridiculous idea. It would paint MJ fans as even more crazy than they are painted already. There should never be any attempts to harass a judge with e-mail bombardments. Fans should step back and let the lawyers do what they're trained for and what they're paid for. PLUS the judge does not rule on guilt or innocence....he rules on the merit of a case and on points of law.

Thank you for saying this.

Mikky Dee;4277507 said:
Judges can and should be trusted......if not, the entire system crumbles into chaos. Historically, due process run appropriately through the legal system has been very effective for Michael. As far as I'm aware, the courts have found in favour of him, or his Estate, each and every time. I'm confident that his Estate will win this time as well.

Well tbh I have trust issues with people, especially the key people in court. But I&#8217;ll take your word for it, since the judge is in the Estates favour.

PoP;4277520 said:
Well tbh I have trust issues with people, especially the key people in court. But I’ll take your word for it, since the judge is in the Estates favour.
Clearly your intentions are good and you mean well but it is best not to do anything like that in this kind of case. As long as the Estate has the info to present it and argue it, that is enuf.

Interesting article about selecting jurors for the upcoming Weinstein trial.
I'm sure R/S and lawyers are hoping that similar influences will come into play should their appeal go to trial.

It might be argued that 'the Estate' couldn't get a fair trial anywhere in the USA, given the viewing figs. and media around LN and Oprah.

Motivated by #MeToo? Vetting jurors in Weinstein case will be a challenge, experts say

NEW YORK (Reuters) - As former movie mogul Harvey Weinstein goes to trial on rape charges next week in Manhattan, lawyers will need to keep an eye out for jurors who want to use the case to make a statement about sexual abuse following the rise of the #MeToo movement, legal experts said.

Once one of Hollywood&#8217;s most powerful producers, Weinstein, 67, has pleaded not guilty to charges of assaulting two women in New York, one in 2006 and the other in 2013.

In all, more than 80 women have accused Weinstein of sexual misconduct dating back decades.

Those accusations helped fuel the #MeToo movement, in which hundreds of women have publicly accused powerful men in business, politics, the news media and entertainment of sexual harassment or assault. Weinstein has denied the allegations and said any sexual encounters were consensual.

Jury selection is expected to begin on Monday.

Selecting impartial jurors to decide the fate of a celebrity whose alleged abuse fueled the #MeToo movement presents unique challenges, experts said, as potential jurors may try to mask their bias to advance a larger cause.

&#8220;They may think, &#8216;I want to be the one to make sure he goes to jail. I want to be the one to do justice,&#8217;&#8221; said Roy Futterman, a New York jury consultant.

On the other hand, Futterman said, people who believe that #MeToo has gone too far and ruined the lives of innocent men, may attempt to hide their bias so they can exonerate Weinstein.

Weinstein faces up to life in prison if convicted on the top counts, predatory sexual assault.

One of his lawyers, Donna Rotunno, said the defense team will be looking at potential jurors&#8217; social media use and responses to jury selection questions, and said she is confident that will uncover biased candidates.

&#8220;Obviously this case has a lot more notoriety and press involved with it, but that&#8217;s a concern in any case,&#8221; Rotunno said in a phone interview. &#8220;Once 12 people are put on that bench and they realize the gravity of it, they really want to be fair.&#8221;

The office of Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance, which is prosecuting the case, declined to comment.

Weinstein in October lost a bid to move the trial to suburban Long Island or to Albany, New York state&#8217;s capital. He had said intense media scrutiny made it impossible for jurors to give him a fair trial in Manhattan.

&#8220;The question ... will be not whether they&#8217;ve heard of the Weinstein case and the allegations against him, but whether that publicity has made it impossible for someone to be a fair and impartial juror,&#8221; said Deborah Tuerkheimer, a Northwestern University law professor and former prosecutor in the Manhattan district attorney&#8217;s office.

Jury selection is expected to last two weeks. Experts say both sides will likely question potential jurors about their knowledge and opinion of the case, their work history and whether they have been victims of sexual misconduct.

Legal teams in high-profile trials often spend hundreds of hours building databases of potential jurors&#8217; activity on social media such as Facebook and Twitter that might reveal bias, said Jeffrey Frederick, director of Jury Research Services at the National Legal Research Group Inc in Charlottesville, Virginia.

&#8220;It&#8217;s almost legal malpractice not to do this,&#8221; he said. &#8220;You will find people in your jury pool where you will go, &#8216;Whoa, this is particularly good or particularly bad for me.&#8217;&#8221;

ELIMINATING JURORS
Lawyers can excuse an unlimited number of potential jurors if they show bias for or against Weinstein. Each side can typically use &#8220;peremptory&#8221; challenges to eliminate up to three potential jurors they believe will be unsympathetic, without providing a reason.

The #MeToo movement has prompted more people who have experienced sexual assault or workplace harassment to come forward, which is likely to complicate the vetting process, Tuerkheimer said.

According to a 2018 Pew Research study, about 60% of women surveyed said they had been subjected to unwanted sexual advances or sexual harassment in their lifetime, and more than half of those reported being harassed in the workplace.

Some, but not all, of those people might be biased, Tuerkheimer said.

Experts said the prosecution may seek to eliminate jurors who say they have been falsely accused of harassment, out of fear they might sympathize with Weinstein, while the defense might excuse people who appear to be activists or favor liberal causes.

Paul Callan, a former prosecutor, said lawyers also will want to avoid potential jurors seeking to cash in on the experience.

&#8220;If books are written after the trial, that could result in a reversal,&#8221; Callan said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...BN1Z10OW?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=twitter

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As anticipated in light of AB 218 and agreement from both sides with the appellate court, today Wade and James&#39; cases have been formally remanded back to the trial court for continuation.<br><br>Expect additional motions, demurrers, discovery and more throughout this year.</p>&mdash; TSCM (@MJJRepository) <a href="https://twitter.com/MJJRepository/status/1213179528463486980?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back