do you like your artists a bit looney?

If I didn't like my artists a bit looney, I wouldn't be a member of this board and the man on my avatar and siggy wouldn't be on, lol. All really talented artists are a little bit kooky anyway, lol.
;) yepetfwdwdgsdgfsdfg (sorry but it wont let me just post 2 word sentences)

Last edited:
Wanna know something? We're ALL a little loony...every once in a while. THe more talented you are, the more eccentric and "loony" if you want to call it that.

i LOVE my eccentric artists!
they're the greatest.
most of the greats seem to be pretty different from the boring average joe.
that's how i love it
if people don't understand them cuz they're different and they're geniuses than that's their problem!

I like eccentric people to begin with, so yes I do. I guess that's why my favorite artists are Peter Gabriel, David Bowie, Ozzy Osbourne, MJ, and Prince.
I guess a "normal" person wouldn't write a song about a giant hogweed that kills people. :p

It's about the music first and foremost for me, but I don't think it's just a coincidence that my favorite artists ,which are Michael Jackson and Prince, happen to be quite eccentric. I guess i'm attracted to personalities like that. I find the likes of Michael in particular to be endlessly fascinating, so I suppose I do like my artists to be a little looney lol.

That's why I made threads for "outsound" music & Sun Ra. The music is not commercial or catchy at all. But it's interesting sounds, even if you don't understand it. Sun Ra pressed most of his albums himself and sold them at concerts as the record companies didn't know what to do with his music. Sun Ra never took drugs and didn't drink or smoke, but his stuff is still out there, lol.

I've noticed that the "weirdos" are often the innovators, the barrier-breakers, and the geniuses in our society. They are always a step ahed everyone else and look at the world differently than what society expects us to. That's why they are GREAT and create GREAT music. Thri craft is not generic, it's actually from the soul...

Yes, whether it be "looney", different, aside from the "norm", etc. Cookie cutter music in the present day and age has left me cold.

Michael and Prince, always just a little or alot outside what everyone else was doing. Just my opinion, but they thought and composed and performed to their own drummer. For whatever reason I've always felt artistic and talented people do/did whatever struck their imagination and genius, so to speak. Same holds true for artistic and creative people throughout the generations in fields besides music. They all have made a mark on the world because of their ability to think/compose/perform outside the "proverbial" box.

Yeah, a little bit "looney" but from the heart and soul and creativity, good in my book.

And I'm certainly not saying Michael is/was looney, but of a mind of his own just like so many other incredibly creative and imaginative/artistic people throughout the decades.

Last edited:
I've noticed that the "weirdos" are often the innovators, the barrier-breakers, and the geniuses in our society. They are always a step ahed everyone else and look at the world differently than what society expects us to. That's why they are GREAT and create GREAT music. Thri craft is not generic, it's actually from the soul...

I agree with this. Well said.

Heck yeah. It means that they don't give a damn what others say about them. I like that. That's how I got into Michael before

Back