Does Anyone Feel That Michael Raised Them?

Growing up I always felt a little different then others. I was more quit, affected a lot by the tiniest comments, humble, helping everyone but myself, very very shy. Sometimes I think I had the mind of a 30 year old when I was only 10. Kids being bullied, unfairness in the world, it would really get to me. Because I felt so different I always thought people looked at me funny, thought I was weird, or would noticed the littlest things I did. WHich ofcourse they didn't but I thought so.
And the one place I could always go to was Michael's music. I've heard it all my life as my brother was a fan (not as much as me though).
Being Dutch made it nearly impossible for me to understand the lyrics from Thriller or Bad (I was 7 when Bad came out). But I listened to the albums over and over again. I loved Billie Jean for the beat and I adored Leave me Alone. Even though I couldn't understand what was sung at the time. I think I felt that people were judging Michael as well, like I thought they did me. I read about him in Dutch magazine (no internet yet of course) and read what he was about. And I could relate to that. Finally someone showed my I wasn't weird for caring about things.

He showed me it was ok. My parents raised me just fine, but I did get a little help from Michael.

I also feel like that :) Been a fan since Im 5 and he definately kinda raised me, too.
He helped me trough tough times and gave me the self-confidence I needed.
I learned a lot from him and wouldnt be the same person as I am now.

yes me too in a way - his music was a source of comfort and light for me when times got dark but also i can measure my life so far by his music or something to do with michael. My earliest memory is to do with him...and so it goes :)

This ist a lovely Thread!
All comments are so full of love und full of warmth to Michael.

Your memories are a treasure, that is many more value then gold or diamonds. Memories can't never lost; nobody can steel them.
Nobody can see them, only you.

Many thanks that I am allowed to read them!

Mneme

I've always considered Michael like my spiritual father... everyone around me sees it the same way, it sorta happened naturally... I kinda was born a fan, already at the age of 2 I would only obey to my mother if she promised to play Michael (at least that's what she says) I never had a real father, and unfortunately have lived a very emotional and hard life and Michael saved me, I know in my heart if it wasen't for Michael I would have been dead years ago... he helped me survive and thought me everything I know... I am the man I am today because of Michael, and from a very young age I litterally took him as my dad, and my familly didn't mind it cause they knew it was spiritual and not crazy. Which is why since June 25th I've been so lost... even my friends would say "I'm sorry you lost your dad" it surprised cause I would never talk about him like that to them, and when I asked them why they would say that they would answer "It's just in you, your love for him comes out in your eyes, you don't need to say it, we know you look up to him like a father... he was your dad!" ...2 years ago today I lost my father, and I will never be the same again!

I was already an adult when Michael's career as a solo artist took off. So I cannot say he "raised me".

No, probably because mentally I'm not my bio-age, but I could see how someone would have such feelings regarding him. He was the kind of father all girls wish they could have, and all boys would look up to and admire. PPB were fortunate in knowing what it was like to have such a wonderful person looking out for them, but at the same time, it's tragic that he was taken from them so soon.

I know that Michael, along with my family, made me who I am today. Michael gave me such JOY as a child and he does to this day. He taught me to respect and LOVE the planet. To understand that we are all equal. To be humble and kind. To have empathy for the oppressed. To feel. To be proud of who I am. To love myself. To have patience. To dream. To believe that we can heal the world. To listen to my heart. To be strong. To hope, knowing that we're almost there...

He taught me Love.

When you truly, unconditionally love someone, you really don't have to say anything. You just know. It's an energy that can't be hidden. It's plain to see for all.

I feel that from you all and trust that you can feel mine.

Man I miss him...

I feel the same. I almost 21 and I have taken sooo much from Michael. So many life lessons that I live by.

My brother is now 7 and I believe he will too. He loves Michael and literally listens to his music every single day. But besides that, he's also learned a lot of good lessons from him! I hope he carries them with him for the rest of his life.

I knew the lyrics to Man in the Mirror before I knew my own surname. Really.
And I remember kissing my MJ calender each day I woke up. I was maybe three to four. He's been part of my life as long as I can remember :)

For me MJ somehow was like a brother. I was 9 when he hooked me with the song Ben. I didn't understand a word what he was singing (I didn't know English at all at that time) but fell in love with that incredible voice ... :girl_in_love:

I feel the same, I was 10 when I first started to like Michael and his art, and now I'm 29 and he helped me get over some really bad moments in my life, he was there for me and made me be stronger...he gave me hope and made me feel loved...he learned me to be my best...his music is magical and his devotion to children just amazing...so yes, a lot of us were raised by him, even if he was thousand of miles away, he was our teacher and parent, and maybe that's why we love him so much:)

My parents divorced when I was 14 and Michael had been in my life since the age of 5. My dad left but Michael was always there for me when I was growing up, especially when your a teenager you need a father figure to look up to and Michael gave me such strength so Michael definitely shaped who I am today.

And I remember kissing my MJ calender each day I woke up. I was maybe three to four. )

haha i did the same :D but i was maybe 7 or 8 years old. before i went to bed i always kissed my MJ posters :D omg thats so embarassing for me now :p

Back