Exclusive: Michael Jackson TV Movie 'Searching for Neverland' from Emmy Winning Motown Veteran

Re: Exclusive: Michael Jackson TV Movie Coming from Emmy Winning Motown Veteran

Michael Jackson tribute artist, Navi, filmed scenes for Lifetime's biopic Michael Jackson: Searching For Neverland on Wednesday

3E2366FB00000578-4301940-image-m-61_1489168640729.jpg

3E2365D300000578-0-image-a-25_1489164059383.jpg

3E23618400000578-0-Please_can_we_get_a_mtcher_for_a_young_Paris_Jackson_wearing_sim-m-17_1489163782451.jpg

3E2365CE00000578-4301940-image-a-57_1489167719808.jpg

Filmmakers recreated a mall mob scene as Jackson (Navi) was shielded by his bodyguards while being bombarded by a crowd of fans

I was playing around doing the image search game, and I was googling for pictures of Michael in Houston-expecting to find something from the Jackson 5 at the Astrodome or maybe the Victory Tour.
And I ran across a YouTube clip of Michael walking down the middle of my neighborhood mall-with a similar crowd scene around him. It was 2003, and I had no idea that he was even here, much less down the street.

Our local news reported it (that's where the clip was from) and their reporter was trying to interview him-but couldn't get near. He interviewed fans instead and it was reported "that he bought a lot of teddy bears." He was with a woman I didn't recognize-The fans were all freaked out-it was definitely a little mob scene.

Chester Hicks III‏ @TheRealCizzle

On Set #Workin With #Actor #Navi Playing #MichaelJackson In The @lifetimetv #TVBiopic #SearchingForever land #1love

C6ht00LV0AA4HEj.jpg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SearchingForNeverland?src=hash">#SearchingForNeverland</a> Set with the Number One MJ Impersonator <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Navi?src=hash">#Navi</a> playing lead role as <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MichaelJackson?src=hash">#MichaelJackson</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SetLife?src=hash">#SetLife</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/actorslife?src=hash">#actorslife</a> <a href="https://t.co/ncJXX4cFlH">pic.twitter.com/ncJXX4cFlH</a></p>&mdash; 3RDegree (@3RDegreeLA) <a href="https://twitter.com/3RDegreeLA/status/839348112325918721">8. März 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

On the directors twitter account you can also find some pictures
https://twitter.com/diannehouston

Sam Adegoke&#8207; @SamOAdegoke
On set tonight filming the #MichaelJackson biopic #searchingforneverland w/ big bro @ChadLColeman directed by @diannehouston for @lifetimetv
C543yogVAAArecx.jpg

Last edited:

damn, things really are looking good when it comes to looking like Mike.. noo I'm not going to say it's identical but I have to admit Navi is looking better than I've ever seen him as MJ.

damn, things really are looking good when it comes to looking like Mike.. noo I'm not going to say it's identical but I have to admit Navi is looking better than I've ever seen him as MJ.

You're right, BUT this is still a Lifetime biopic so there's always a 99.9% chance that it's going to be cringeworthy.

^ agreed butttt... to be positive lets put all mathematical factors and probabilities.. liftetime + De Passe + others who actually spent time with him working on the project = probable thought of being better than the usual on that network.. How much better, that I don't know.

. True, but can the brotha act? That's what I'm now concerned about.

. True, but can the brotha act? That's what I'm now concerned about.
Yup. I like the sets, I like the costumes, I really like the subdued makeup job they've done. And I have no qualms about the guys cast as the bodyguards-they have great resumes.

But, it's all going to depend on the SCRIPT and Navi's ACTING. Make or break the whole thing. (Lifetime's scripts so far have been really, really bad).

Yup. I like the sets, I like the costumes, I really like the subdued makeup job they've done. And I have no qualms about the guys cast as the bodyguards-they have great resumes.

But, it's all going to depend on the SCRIPT and Navi's ACTING. Make or break the whole thing. (Lifetime's scripts so far have been really, really bad).
. Exactly, exactly. I'm now concerned about the script and the acting ability.

Dianne Houston? @diannehouston

IT'S A WRAP! At #SearchingForNeverland the magic never ends... it just transforms! #MichaelJackson

C6m2HGIV4AAgHNe.jpg

Well, I was thinking that the director and script (and of course, Navi's acting) could destroy this pretty quick-but the director has some great credits-she's a writer too-nominated for an Academy Award.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0396817/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

DIANNE HOUSTON IMDb

Mini Bio (1)
Dianne Houston is an Academy Award nominated writer and director. Her nomination in the Short Film category for ''Tuesday Morning Ride'' made Houston the first and only African American female director to be nominated for an Oscar for directing work. In addition to her nomination, Houston is best known for writing the feature film "Take The Lead" and Lifetime's record breaking "Surviving Compton: Dr. Dre, Suge, & Michel'le." She was nominated for a 2017 WGA award for her work on "Surviving Compton."

Early Life Houston attended the Workshop for Careers in the Arts (forerunner of the Duke Ellington School of the Arts). She left home at age 16 to study and pursue a theatre career in New York, touring nationally with the New York City Street Ensemble under Marketa Kimbrell. Houston earned a Fine Arts degree from Howard University in directing, and by the time she graduated from Howard in 1976, Houston had already become a published playwright. She directed her first professional production at the New Back Alley Theatre in 1978. Her play, ''The Fishermen,'' has been performed on college campuses every year since its debut.

Houston eventually returned to New York, where she worked and/or studied with notable theatre artists such as Laurie Carlos, Harry Poe, Joe Chaiken, Liz Swados, Joseph Papp, Ntozake Shange, Peter Brook, and Ellen Stewart. She was the founding director of both City Kids Rep and Alchemy: Theatre of Change.

Career Houston's writing credits include ''Take the Lead,'' ''Knights of the South Bronx'' (A&E), as well as writing/producing on various prime time series. These include ''Brewster Place,'' ''City of Angels,'' and ''The Education of Max Brewster.'' Houston has also signed on to adapt Rebecca Walker's popular novel Ade' into a feature film with Madonna in her directorial debut. Houston has also directed several episodes on popular shows such as "Single Ladies," ''Crossing Jordan,'' ''Presidio Med,'' ''Soul Food,'' ''City of Angels,'' ''Strong Medicine,'' and ''NYPD Blue.'' She has developed projects for Lifetime, Showtime, NBC, HBO, Sony, Paramount, and Harpo Productions, just to name a few. She is also directing "Hair Tales," written and created by noted pundit, commentator and style activist Michaela angela Davis.

Houston wrote on the ABC upcoming mini-series ''When We Rise,'' and recently signed on to write VH1's movie ''From Boys II Men.''

In 2017, Houston directed ''Searching for Neverland,'' a Lifetime tv event revealing the untold story of the last years of Michael Jackson's life, and began pre-production for her feature film "Harriet," an unconventional look at the life of Harriet Tubman.

Some of her future projects include development and publishing of two children's books, a young adult novel, a science fiction series, and a thriller. She is in partnership with Deni Henson on "The Dark Lady", a limited series based on the life of William Shakespeare's Black muse.

Awards/Nominations Houston was nominated for an Academy Award in 1996 for ''Tuesday Morning Ride,'' an NAACP Image award for Outstanding Writing in a Feature Film/ Television Movie for ''Take the Lead,'' and the 2017 Writer's Guild of America nomination (Long Form Original) for ''Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Michel'le.''
- IMDb Mini Biography By: JNorris

Lifetime don't have the best record judging from other series they've done in the past but this one does look promising....

we're going to have to simply wait and see.. While lifetime does have a reputation for (simply put) having cheesy quality films.. They know a Michael Jackson project will have extra eyes/ears on it.. I think they'll at the very least try harder..

Guys, when is the release of this movie?

I must admit that I am a bit relieved by what I've seen lately.
It doesn't look that bad (compared to other Lifetime movies)

I'll wait and see if this movie turns out to be a mess or, at least, decent.

IDK bout everyone but I am personally looking forward to it.. It seems like they are making this from a good place.. Intentional negative looks at him is what gets to me. a positive or neutral look is good for me,.

Dianne Houston? @diannehouston
Michael Jackson: Searching For Neverland premiers on Lifetime on Memorial Day Weekend. Watch out for it! #SearchingForNeverland
C6-O1r6XEAAmJD1.jpg

Memorial Day in 2017 is on Monday, the 29th of May

Navi/Mike with that spray butter in the theater! Keepin it healthy lol

Memorial Day Weekend? ok

Searching for Neverland' Star Navi Opens Up About Portraying Michael Jackson in New Lifetime Movie

watch

the kid who plays Prince also likes MJ. Good.

book2.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRcFwtpFp3n/

"Michael Jackson: Searching for Neverland, which tells the story of the iconic pop star through the eyes of his long-time bodyguards, will premiere on May 29 at 8 p.m. ET. Director Dianne Houston’s biopic will show the singer’s dedication to his children and the events that transpired leading up to his death."

^^^

Agreed

actual air date!! now my brain can lock that in and I can chill out this a bit.

Back