Fighting Back!

TheChosenOne

Proud Member
We have had a pretty rough time these last two months and I know that we know that things will get pretty ugly close to the 29th!

I'm thinking that we need to be proactive and not reactive.

Technology is not my forte, and I never post on Facebook but this year I am going to bite the bullet and do something special. I am going to post about 5 things that I love about Michael and include some pics and videos.

And I thought I would see if, as a fan community, we can do stuff and MJlove-bomb social media for the month of August.

Please share your ideas and thoughts.

This may not be the best place for this thread, so mods please move as necessary.

I think you are so right. A positive offense is the best defense as they say. Of course everyone is upset about all the negative being spewed everywhere, but that needs to be countered by fans showing their love and support for this man. If whatever differences the fan base holds could be put aside for this one period than it would send out a powerful message that they haven't won in the way they'd hoped.
Also click the hell out of his vids on Vevo, stream his music and promote this man in the way his fan base is best at. Be more proactive, not reactive.

I show love for Mike every DAY in some form or fashion (on and off of social media). I'm not interested in having a Kumbaya moment with people that go out of their way to disrespect him, either. I WILL tell people to fk off and have a nice day. People already know (or will learn) not to come for Mike in my presence, because I will shut that shit DOWN.

Haters will have several seats from this fan, lol...

053_zpsoblsow1z.gif

I show love for Mike every DAY in some form or fashion (on and off of social media). I'm not interested in having a Kumbaya moment with people that go out of their way to disrespect him, either. I WILL tell people to fk off and have a nice day. People already know (or will learn) not to come for Mike in my presence, because I will shut that shit DOWN.

053_zpsoblsow1z.gif
I agree! I don't need a "special occasion" to show love for Michael, when it's something that's part of my every day life already

So I guess that is a no for Sheila and Michaels Lover.

Maybe I phrased it wrong. To be honest the focus is not on about love-bombing. I was just thinking that we need to have positive stuff about Michael out there this month, to counterbalance the cr*p that will come. So it does not have to be about 'I Love MJ' but it can be a positive blog/article about Michael's legacy. If you don't agree, that's fine.

SheilaMJFan4Ever;4159283 said:

053_zpsoblsow1z.gif

Sorry, but I cannot keep myself from chuckling over you post. Not the content but the way you wrote it. You´re so funny!

I will add "Kumbaya moment" to my personal English slang dictionary :lol:

... your choice of gif is hilarious, too!

I agree! I don't need a "special occasion" to show love for Michael, when it's something that's part of my every day life already

So I guess that is a no for Sheila and Michaels Lover.

Maybe I phrased it wrong. To be honest the focus is not on about love-bombing. I was just thinking that we need to have positive stuff about Michael out there this month, to counterbalance the cr*p that will come. So it does not have to be about 'I Love MJ' but it can be a positive blog/article about Michael's legacy. If you don't agree, that's fine.

My sentiments exactly, Michaels Lover! As for the Chosen One, you don't understand the concept of being positive about Mike without provocation. It doesn't have to be about his birthday or his death day; it's something that is automatic for fans like Michaels Lover and me, etc. The joy his artistry brings has been a part of my life since 1969 and will be until I draw my last breath.

I'm not new at this at all. Only the medium by which the appreciation is spread is new.

I WILL tell people to fk off and have a nice day. People already know (or will learn) not to come for Mike in my presence, because I will shut that shit DOWN.

053_zpsoblsow1z.gif
^^^^
LOL, you remind me a lot of myself when it comes to MJ.
If someone comes for MJ in any way shape or form they better be ready to be the lucky recipient of a verbal beat down because I will NOT let MJ slander or hate happen in my presence.

I'm not interested in having a Kumbaya moment with people that go out of their way to disrespect him, either.
^^^^
This right here is the main reason that when it comes to being part of an online community I can only be around other MJ fans.
It seems like people from every other community ALWAYS want to talk s**** about Michael, but I know that I can't fight everyone, and I want to go to heaven when my time on earth is done, so it's best that I'm not around certain people to be provoked into saying things I know that I really shouldn't.-_-

Last edited:
We have had a pretty rough time these last two months and I know that we know that things will get pretty ugly close to the 29th!

I'm thinking that we need to be proactive and not reactive.

Technology is not my forte, and I never post on Facebook but this year I am going to bite the bullet and do something special. I am going to post about 5 things that I love about Michael and include some pics and videos.

And I thought I would see if, as a fan community, we can do stuff and MJlove-bomb social media for the month of August.

Please share your ideas and thoughts.

This may not be the best place for this thread, so mods please move as necessary.

I love this idea, but I already see plenty of MJ love on social media, so I wonder what could be done differently. :)

Thank you for sharing your views, Sheila.

But I would appreciate that you not presume to know what my concepts, beliefs, opinions and then to denigrate those presumed concepts.

I am not suggesting that because it is the month of Michael's birthday that we should be positive. And I am not suggesting that I am not positive about Michael all year round.

All I'm saying is that as a fan community we get in a tizzy responding to negative stories when they come out (and that is usually when Michael has a big project, or its the anniversary of his death or birth) and I just feel that maybe we should try a different approach and go on the offensive, in a good way. I feel that it is time to change the narrative and I feel as fans, we need to contribute to that process.

As I said, you do not have to agree with me or like the idea, but please do not be condescending to me. Thanks.

I love the idea :wub: and I do get both sides here.

To the Chosen one: I understand and applaud your 'intentions' of promoting POSITIVE stuff in a world that only is defensive.
We should DO this more often indeed instead of only 'defending' MJ's honor.

To Sheila: I understand what you mean too. I will always defend MJ too both ways "defensive" and 'loving" thus spreading his REAL message.

We can agree to disagree her too! Let's just UNITE all for MJ EVERY DAY!

Adding my humble opinion here, I just do what I've always done and that is to honor MJ in every positive way and I don't sweat all the 'horrible' stuff. I won't be 'dragged' down to their level :cheeky:

Which is what they want anyway. Gives them clicks and attention which they can promote to advertisers.

Back