Forest Lawn says Fans welcome w/ some alterations of what's permitted

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
Originally posted 18 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
The cemetery where Michael Jackson is entombed is launching a new crackdown on fans -- actively removing people hanging out in front of MJ's mausoleum.
0528-michael-jackson-tomb-npg-getty-credit.jpg

According to sources at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, [COLOR=#29A256 ! important][COLOR=#29A256 ! important]security[/COLOR][/COLOR] has been informed that MJ fans are no longer permitted to gather on the patio of MJ's mausoleum. Those who loiter will be asked to leave.

It's unclear why Forest Lawn is making the move -- especially because fans have been visiting the burial site regularly since MJ moved in last year.

And now -- with the one-year anniversary of Michael's death fast approaching -- the Justice4MJ fan group is concerned about their plans to gather at the mausoleum on June 25.

A rep for the group tells us they hope Forest Lawn will "take into consideration" the hundreds of fans traveling from all over the world to pay their respects.

Last edited:
Re: MJ Mausoleum -- Fans No Longer Welcome

That's kind of weird.. Right before the 1 year anniversary.

There have been lots of rumours about why this has happened. Security are fed up of fans taking pictures through the door and generally playing music and making noise, which has apparently upset a lot of relatives of the other people in the mausoloeum. Basically security are said to be fed up of everything going on around Michael. Maybe this was what Randy was talking about. I thinks its sad if true that it has to resort to this, and especially doing this now when thousands of fans have bought plane tickets so they can go to Forest Lawn. Hopefully something can be worked out.

great job fans. very well done thanks a bunch

R.I.P Michael.

Maybe as a compromise Forest Lawn could have a certain day of thw week and a time when fans can pay their respects.

I would hate to think I'd never be able to visit him :boohoo:

I imagine fans playing loud loud MJ music while gathering, etc. Kind of wrong place to do.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

thats the most stupid thing ever.
thats kind of the whole point of a memorial site or whatever its called. so u can pay ur respects.
i really hope this one isn't true
i've heard good things about the staff so i don't think its to do with them getting tired of cleaning up. it is their job after all.
anyway FL people had to of expected this to happen. u cant expect people to just forget about someone who's touched so many lives any time soon.

I imagine fans playing loud loud MJ music while gathering, etc. Kind of wrong place to do.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

no you are right...unfortunately there are people that dont quite get the concept of were they are...they ae at a persons final resting place. They are disturbing the peace and tranquility of of the mosolium...and that is terrible....Michael deserves to RIP not for his own fans to make a circus out of FL. It has been ruined now for all of the fans who just want to go there and quietly pay there respects..maybe leave some flowers and just reflect for a few minutes...there is no need to go there and hang around for hours and create drama. Poor Michael...I hope we his fans have not embarrassed him..:(

Maybe they should impose a silence rule or something? I agree that having special visiting hours would be smart. Hopefully this is only temporary until they can figure out how to manage it. Especially since I made arrangements to be there in a month... =/

This could end up being a very big problem that eventually will have to be dealt with. They may have to eventually move him from there to a place were more people can come and visit.

God...i dont know what to make of this! :unsure:

i dont understand why they would emplace this new 'rule' :/

i hope to someday visit Michael.

I doubt they would move him. They chose FL for privacy yet fans still feel they should go there and hang out for hurs blairing music, dancing, etc. It is one thing to go and visit, but to stay there for hours, having gatherings, etc is a bit much. And there are other people in there.

There have been lots of rumours about why this has happened. Security are fed up of fans taking pictures through the door and generally playing music and making noise, which has apparently upset a lot of relatives of the other people in the mausoloeum. Basically security are said to be fed up of everything going on around Michael. Maybe this was what Randy was talking about. I thinks its sad if true that it has to resort to this, and especially doing this now when thousands of fans have bought plane tickets so they can go to Forest Lawn. Hopefully something can be worked out.

well, they shouhld've known that to put Michael there. but yes, i also agree fans should be a bit more quiet if that's the issue.

and isn't murray making a pr stunt to go to FL on the 25th? or around the 25th? So he can go and fans can't????!!!!! :perrin

and i hate how most media sources have to find one of the worst pictures of michael, and always show clips of him at the 2005 trial.....there's wonderful 2007/2008 clips they could show! and lots of better pictures!

Last edited:

this just breaks my heart. why do they have to be so rude and take away the right of the fans to pay respects to michael? I understand that some fans may have been a bit too unruly or made some noise but when forest lawn decided to take michael and bury him there they had to know what they were up agaisnt. michael's life was fully of choas and they had to know that was going to follow him even in death. i understand that the familes of the all of the other people buried there are upset about fans hanging out but you know we all have different ways of mourning and if that helps some fans then thats fine but i agree playing music is not something they should be doing. if they feel need to do that just put in your headphones on your ipod or something or leave and listen to it in your car as your driving away. this just feels like a major slap in the face when the fans are now being treated like we dont matter at all when we all know that michael loved us all like family and that he would be heartbroken to know that we cant visit him anymore. what are we suppose to do now? just deal with it and move on. or do we go to neverland to mourn now? i really hope something can be worked out. this just doesnt seem like a very fair thing to do when most fans are respectful and dont do those things.alot of us felt robbed during the memorial when we had to have a ticket to even pay repects to him and if we didnt we had to watch it at home on tv. i feel like this is just so unfair and ruins any chances of the rest of us who havent gone yet to pay any respects to michael. not fair. not fair at all. :(

thats the most stupid thing ever.
thats kind of the whole point of a memorial site or whatever its called. so u can pay ur respects.
i really hope this one isn't true
i've heard good things about the staff so i don't think its to do with them getting tired of cleaning up. it is their job after all.
anyway FL people had to of expected this to happen. u cant expect people to just forget about someone who's touched so many lives any time soon.

It is not a memorial site it is where Michael will rest for eternity. And other people are doing the same thing. Forrest Lawn does not belong to the fans

we're not claiming to own it. we just dont feel ike its really fair or right to punish all the fans and not allow them to pay respects to michael anymore. i dont see elvis fans being told they cant visit graceland anymore. this just doesnt seem right.

I've been trying to think of a nice way to say this. Since there isn't, here goes.
Loud music, dancing, inappropriate picture taking, hanging around too long---if these
things are occuring---no wonder FL has called a halt to it.

This place is meant to be peaceful and respectful to the deceased. To those
responsible for this behavior, please stop it. Michael doesn't deserve to have
turmoil and controversy over this and other families with loved ones there are
justified in seeing it as intrusive. Sometimes personal desires just have to be
put aside.

We can all find Michael in our hearts and his spirit and love wherever we are.
Please stop the negativity and complaints and repetitive questions. Find your
own unique and special way to remember him and express your love--reflection,
music, candles, writing, charity work, tears, a quiet park, the ocean shore--
Michael's spirit is everywhere

Ive dont both writting and tears but it doesnt always seem to be enough. i still feel like i need to personaly play respects to michael myself but now bc of this i may not get that chance. so im pretty upset about it.

we're not claiming to own it. we just dont feel ike its really fair or right to punish all the fans and not allow them to pay respects to michael anymore. i dont see elvis fans being told they cant visit graceland anymore. this just doesnt seem right.

You want to do something to pay your respects to Michael go out and do something that Michael stood for. Go help underprivileged kids. Do what you can to make the world a better place. The Presleys own Graceland the Jacksons do not own Forrest Lawn. Graceland is a trashy place that makes them money Forrest Lawn is a cemetery

Some fans just HAVE to ruin EVERYTHING for the rest of us, don't they?

I think I'm okay with this. For now I think this should be a private place for his family especially his children. Maybe in the future they will allow fans in there to pay respects. There are lots of places where we can go and pay our respects to Michael it doesn't have to be the place where he's laid to rest. I can also understand people saying if they allowed everyone to visit there it wouldn't be so sacred.

This should help us to understand Randy's tweets better..remember last week....I bet he knew about this and he started tweeting...now it has hit the media. This must of been what he was talking about.

this just breaks my heart. why do they have to be so rude and take away the right of the fans to pay respects to michael? I understand that some fans may have been a bit too unruly or made some noise but when forest lawn decided to take michael and bury him there they had to know what they were up agaisnt. michael's life was fully of choas and they had to know that was going to follow him even in death. i understand that the familes of the all of the other people buried there are upset about fans hanging out but you know we all have different ways of mourning and if that helps some fans then thats fine but i agree playing music is not something they should be doing. if they feel need to do that just put in your headphones on your ipod or something or leave and listen to it in your car as your driving away. this just feels like a major slap in the face when the fans are now being treated like we dont matter at all when we all know that michael loved us all like family and that he would be heartbroken to know that we cant visit him anymore. what are we suppose to do now? just deal with it and move on. or do we go to neverland to mourn now? i really hope something can be worked out. this just doesnt seem like a very fair thing to do when most fans are respectful and dont do those things.alot of us felt robbed during the memorial when we had to have a ticket to even pay repects to him and if we didnt we had to watch it at home on tv. i feel like this is just so unfair and ruins any chances of the rest of us who havent gone yet to pay any respects to michael. not fair. not fair at all. :(

I agree with everything you said!!

Michaels body is there but I don´t think his spirit is there.
I think he`s a free spirit and can see what we are doing for him and is happy about it.
He wrote "help the children" in a message to fans, he said we must take care of our planet, make the change.
We can donate flowers to F.L but not to many.
I think he can see flowers and trees we have planted with him in our hearts.
He can see how we help children,animals,adults.
He can see we are trying the best we can to be nice.
He wrote "please love me always" and we can love him without going to F.L.
We can be Michaels army of lovers and change the world-at least a little.

I've been trying to think of a nice way to say this. Since there isn't, here goes.
Loud music, dancing, inappropriate picture taking, hanging around too long---if these

put aside.

:clapping:

Just say you are not a fan :D ...

They may have to eventually move him from there to a place were more people can come and visit.
I Pray he never be disturbed and moved anywhere... :(

put aside.

Just want to say I completely agree with all this ^. I'm no closer or farther away from Michael right here in Germany than I would be a Forest Lawn, in the end.
. . . . .

The only thing I want to add of mine to the topic in general is that it really is a completely normal thing to feel the need to go to the place a loved one is buried for a quiet moment of reflection, respect and love, to leave some flowers and shed a few tears. For many it's a final piece of closure and something deeply special, part of the human experience of life and death. That said, it is NOT appropriate to make a ton of rambunctious noise or take pictures when photography is forbidden. Those complaining have every right to do so. But now (if this is true) it's a case of the whole class being punished because of the actions of a few (yes, the vast majority of us have never been to F.L.), and this is why it makes me very sad. And even if the patio/terrace is kept private from now on, people will still need some place to go (because they will go, you can bet on that. To deny this emotional need is to be completely unrealistic). I get a sick feeling imagining how something like this could escalate into anger and then no fans being allowed at F.L. at all, then people leaving things at the gate being told that's not allowed anymore either, etc .... and eventually him being moved and the blame being on a war between F.L. and the 'MJ fans', putting us all in a bad, crazy light. :mello: And whether each individual judges visiting his resting place as right or wrong, the fact remains that people will go there whether you, I or anyone else think they should or not. You can't have the most famous and loved person in the world there and not expect people to want to go there (fans, gawkers, haters and the whole lot, really). That's a given, whether anyone agrees with the motivations or not. I'm sure F.L. staff is quite aware of this reality, since they have to deal with it daily. If people can be respectful, though, there shouldn't be a problem. I hope something can be worked out :(

Last edited:

if poeple there make noises, i understand this decision. if the family wants to visit him ALONE on june 25th i understand this decision. but all in all there has to be a possibility to pay respect at FL. fans dont want to go inside, but at least at some weekends maybe they should let us go there.. i mean outside of course

Back