Forest Lawn says Fans welcome w/ some alterations of what's permitted

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
I remember his first twitt about it was about allowing fans getting into Forest Lawn, NEVER into the mausoleum, so I maybe it all also started with some of us assuming things that were never said. I remember this because my very first question was "WHAT?????" :bugeyed for I thought he had said the mausoleum, but you just had to read his first twitt to know it was just about Forest Lawn.

but I don't follow all his twitts... did he ever actually say "let fans inside Holly Terrace"?

I believe the problem was the way he worded his initial tweet, under the guise of having the fans believe he was doing something special for them. He said something about him having "the gates of Forest Lawn" opened up for fans. The only problem with those words was that the gates of Forest Lawn have ALWAYS been opened to fans.

I believe that he was playing with the emotions of some fans, when he used those words, because, in my opinion, some folks thought he meant opening the DOORS to Holly Terrace, since the gates to Forest Lawn have always been opened.

He then sent a second tweet regarding this matter stating that "the fans can walk past Holly Terrace (no change there) and that he was working on something better." Which is just more misleading words to some of the fans.

I know we dont have the same right as the actual family themselves just to visit inside whenever we want, but i do think we should be allowed in at some stage, if it was keep under control by security,why not?
The biggest problem would be with the families of the OTHER people who are resting in Holly Terrace along with Michael.

Families pay TOP DOLLAR to have their loved ones placed inside Holly Terrace and I don't think the majority of those families would appreciate a swarm of Michael Jackson fans being allowed inside.

The biggest problem would be with the families of the OTHER people who are resting in Holly Terrace along with Michael.

Families pay TOP DOLLAR to have their loved ones placed inside Holly Terrace and I don't think the majority of those families would appreciate a swarm of Michael Jackson fans being allowed inside.

Definitely agree with you on this. And to be honest, just how would security be able to identify "true" fans from just plain curious people and non-fans, looky-loo's, people on vacation in the area and decide to check out where "w*cko j*cko is entombed, media folks without credentials displayed wanting to write about the inside of the mausoleum, on and on.

Someone somehow would have to come up with a fool-proof way of allowing only "fans" in. Where would Forest Lawn draw the line, where would the family draw the line? Where would the families of other people in Holly Terrace draw the line?

Realistically, I don't see it happening anytime soon, perhaps sometime in the future with much forethought and planning. And bottom line, Michael's children and Katherine would have to be completely comfortable and confident that it would be handled impeccably and safely.

Jmo-

I know what your saying but if it was a few fans at a time,high security so no one could get out of control or something at least, neighbours near neverland didnt want a memorial site there for fans and now fans cant go into holly terrace to visit hes grave,he is too isolated where he is,just seems so unfair that we cant pay our last respects, but hey, lifes not fair i soppose

Definitely agree with you on this. And to be honest, just how would security be able to identify "true" fans from just plain curious people and non-fans, looky-loo's, people on vacation in the area and decide to check out where "w*cko j*cko is entombed, media folks without credentials displayed wanting to write about the inside of the mausoleum, on and on.

Someone somehow would have to come up with a fool-proof way of allowing only "fans" in. Where would Forest Lawn draw the line, where would the family draw the line? Where would the families of other people in Holly Terrace draw the line?

Realistically, I don't see it happening anytime soon, perhaps sometime in the future with much forethought and planning. And bottom line, Michael's children and Katherine would have to be completely comfortable and confident that it would be handled impeccably and safely.

Jmo-

yep :yes:
just to think of turning MJ's resting place into a turist attraction might quite tempting for many.... but how fair would that be for a man who gave us 45 out of his 50 years on this world to have us amused, singing and dancing? I feel it's just fair to keep all the memories, all the great times and music, and try to make an effort to leave him rest in peace for real. Fans were allowed to get up to the gates of the Terrace and maybe, eventually, that will be so again.

I believe the problem was the way he worded his initial tweet, under the guise of having the fans believe he was doing something special for them. He said something about him having "the gates of Forest Lawn" opened up for fans. The only problem with those words was that the gates of Forest Lawn have ALWAYS been opened to fans.

I believe that he was playing with the emotions of some fans, when he used those words, because, in my opinion, some folks thought he meant opening the DOORS to Holly Terrace, since the gates to Forest Lawn have always been opened.

He then sent a second tweet regarding this matter stating that "the fans can walk past Holly Terrace (no change there) and that he was working on something better." Which is just more misleading words to some of the fans.

I see I remembered right.
What a pity :no:
they should be EXTRA careful when it comes to such a difficult topic.

I know what your saying but if it was a few fans at a time,high security so no one could get out of control or something at least, neighbours near neverland didnt want a memorial site there for fans and now fans cant go into holly terrace to visit hes grave,he is too isolated where he is,just seems so unfair that we cant pay our last respects, but hey, lifes not fair i soppose

Everyone will have different thoughts on this, some will feel it is unfair, others will not. Just to be able to stand behind Holly Terrace and look up at the beautiful stained glass windows of Michael's "niche" and know he is there, just feet above me, and that he is resting quietly and peacefully and protected would be enough for me. But I realize some would like more and cannot feel the same way that I and others feel-

Well, I'm guessing that Ms. Katherine made that decision and when she made that decision she "most likely" was not thinking about Michael's fans, she was just trying to PROTECT her baby boy.

I can definitely understand where she was coming from.

I soppose we will let be what ever is going to happen, but i for one would hope a 'graceland' for Michael will happen sometime,some will disagree but hes talent and accomplishments should be able to be seen by the world and us fans will have a place to go to reflect, michael is too much of a bright star to be where he is now

too isolated?it's a cemetery,you're supposed to be away from noise and crowds.
let's pay respect by respecting his privacy and his kid's privacy to be able to visit their father without strangers around when ever they feel like...
it's unfair that a father lost his kids and that 3 kids lost their father....this is the tragedy not a bunch of fans who can't access that little privacy he has left.

Just saw an article on the BBC about this and mentioning how the police are going to be out to stop people selling stuff outside the cemetry that day. Its disgusting how people can be like that, its the anniversary and some people see it as an opportunity to make some money off grieving fans. It makes me sick.

too isolated?it's a cemetery,you're supposed to be away from noise and crowds.
let's pay respect by respecting his privacy and his kid's privacy to be able to visit their father without strangers around when ever they feel like...
it's unfair that a father lost his kids and that 3 kids lost their father....this is the tragedy not a bunch of fans who can't access that little privacy he has left.

How do you explain Elvis then??
You mean to tell me so if fans were allowed in you wouldnt go in??
Hard to believe

How do you explain Elvis then??
You mean to tell me so if fans were allowed in you wouldnt go in??
Hard to believe

lol what?Elvis family made a decision,kate and M's kids made a DIFFERENT one,and I respect that.What's so difficult to understand?
and I would NEVER get inside....I'd never get even close to the place for that matter...and I'm sorry for you that you can't even conceive the idea that many fans have no interest in disturbing MJ resting place.

lol what?Elvis family made a decision,kate and M's kids made a DIFFERENT one,and I respect that.What's so difficult to understand?
and I would NEVER get inside....I'd never get even close to the place for that matter...and I'm sorry for you that you can't even conceive the idea that many fans have no interest in disturbing MJ resting place.

Whats difficult to understand is there is absolutely no where for fans to go to pay their respects, some people need a place to visit in these circomstances and FL are starting to get tired of fans already. I do get that some fans wouldnt want to visit, each to their own but OMG! how exactly would a fan be ''disturbing'' MJ's resting place, by saying a prayer and laying some flowers!!
I wouldnt call that disturbing a grave

Whats difficult to understand is there is absolutely no where for fans to go to pay their respects, some people need a place to visit in these circomstances and FL are starting to get tired of fans already. I do get that some fans wouldnt want to visit, each to their own but OMG! how exactly would a fan be ''disturbing'' MJ's resting place, by saying a prayer and laying some flowers!!

you should visit a Ronald McDonald house and and help take care of the sick kids...that would be the best homage to MJ.

theres no issue with going to FL if ppl act the right way. something may happen in the future re a permanant place. frankly theres to much money to be made for something not to be created. its early days. theres far more bigger priorites to deal with first for the estate

Hmmm wonedring what is going to happen on the 25th as I'll be at Forest Lawn that day. I rather hope there aren't people playing music (or people with megaphones like at the O2 on July 13th last year...)

Guess we shall see!

Hmmm wonedring what is going to happen on the 25th as I'll be at Forest Lawn that day. I rather hope there aren't people playing music (or people with megaphones like at the O2 on July 13th last year...)

Guess we shall see!

OH God...let's hope people dont make spectacles out of themselves and embarrass MJ...:pray: I myself am getting sick and tired of MJ fans being call crazy.

Guess we shall see!

There's going to be a vigil at the o2 but I'm a bit apprehensive about it as from what I've heard its going to be rather like last year which I hated. I just don't think its the time or place for that sort of it. There are plenty of other days to have a MJ party, the anniversary of his death is not one of them.

Well hopefully the same people that ruined last year's won't rock up. Do the O2 staff know about the vigil on the 25th? I was there for the exhibition in January and the staff were really funny with us putting up posters - saying it's no longer allowed. Am surprised they're letting it go ahead based on how they were with us.

Well hopefully the same people that ruined last year's won't rock up. Do the O2 staff know about the vigil on the 25th? I was there for the exhibition in January and the staff were really funny with us putting up posters - saying it's no longer allowed. Am surprised they're letting it go ahead based on how they were with us.

From what I've heard they do know a lot of fans are coming on the 25th for the vigil.

Back