Forest Lawn says Fans welcome w/ some alterations of what's permitted

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Re: MJ Mausoleum -- Fans No Longer Welcome

There have been lots of rumours about why this has happened. Security are fed up of fans taking pictures through the door and generally playing music and making noise, which has apparently upset a lot of relatives of the other people in the mausoloeum. Basically security are said to be fed up of everything going on around Michael. Maybe this was what Randy was talking about. I thinks its sad if true that it has to resort to this, and especially doing this now when thousands of fans have bought plane tickets so they can go to Forest Lawn. Hopefully something can be worked out.

this post gave me a deja vu of when there was supposed to be some kind of fan gathering for Michael when he was in London if i remember right, and something about a cake, he got blamed on that one, waits for people to blame him for this, and let's see if this doesnt eventually lead to the masoleum asking for him to be relocated elsewhere cause its too much of a hassle. poor Michael. in death as in life, he cannot just be.

I often wonder if Forest Lawn knows what they've gotten themselves into. Michael's final resting place is going to be a popular "destination" for many years to come. However, that does not excuse fans' behavior if it is disruptive in any way. I suspect in a few years some of the ferver will die down and Forest Lawn will be back to "normal." Some people will still be determined to get into the mausoleum because it is against the rules. Now that pictures of the site have been published, it should be less of an attraction for photogs.

I wish fans could visit, but I understand the concern. I wonder how many Forest Lawn staff it takes to patrol and clean up the items left for Michael.

Once we all get through the first anniversary, it should be better. :timer:

I'm sad about the 'whole' picture. I don't like that is is being reported that it is all of MJ's FANS. - it could be many different people. I do however understand that one should RESPECT ones grave. The person resting there & their family & loved ones have feelings and it's hard not not be 'touchy' about things going on around your loved ones resting place. Trust me I know - My Father,Nephew & Brother are resting and it's hard to take when you see, sometimes the least little thing disrespected at the site. I wish everyone could come together in peace,love & respect. I hope there's a way to find peace for everyone.
:wub:

I knew this was going to turn ugly one day. Knew it.

I think fans should come up with a certain place in the outside grounds of Forest Lawn where the public can visit (with no problems) place a tombstone in memory of Michael (all of us pay for it...little by little) and we can visit Michael all we want. Leave that place where he is buried alone. Lots of family members visiting families are pissed. Then there are some MJ fans that go hysterical.

Unless Michael is moved to Neverland and that place is created into a sort of Graceland, I think the best idea is we all pitch in money, buy him a beautiful tombstone, and we can all *officially* visit Michael there.

I don't know if that can be done (law and rules) but this is just giving my 2 cents.

As you have said, this is but TMZ, the same guys who are also spreading the info CM is going to FL every now and then, and that he would be there on the 25th. TMZ loves making us look crazy, silly and stupid and we validate them by trusting on their info. How would that CM be that silly to go there the very same day we all know fans of MJ will be all around all the time??? :thinking:

However, I feel also upset this has gone this far, with so many people being so disrespectful taking pictures and even videos and with vultures such as TMZ making fun and big deals out of every single thing related to this place, which should be a place of peace and respect.

As for people leaking pictures... right from the very first pictures... we did our best to try to stop them then, but they wouldn't listen :no:. If indeed people are not longer allowed to the patio, sure it will be sad, but in a way, it should avoid the pics/footage leaking again. At least until they find a new way to make it in there :doh:

I agree with Asedora. Fair or unfair, his family didn't want MJ to have a fan accessible grave like Elvis. And fairness has nothing to do with Forest Lawn, it was family decision. (Holly Terrace has always been private, it's not like it was open to public and closed it down after Michael was buried).

and honestly not allowing the people at the patio, outside the doors is not surprising for me. Initially an allowed visitor took and published photos (Karen Faye), then fan groups started to take photos/ videos through doors/ when security taking in the flowers and finally they found a way to sneak in and came the last set of photos and video. So now Forest Lawn is saying "keep your distance from the doors" , Can you blame them? I don't.

No..we cannot blame FL...it is Karen Faye's fault for the first photo's.....and the fans who are way to loud and publish photo's. As hard as it is for me to admit..at some point I have to let go of the physical Michael...I think that is the problem we all may be having..and it really is not our fault...we love him so much we dont want to let go...I think that is going to take some time...possibly alot of time. Letting go is VERY difficult as we all know...as much as I want to be able to go to FL some day...I know even more that Michael MUST be protected from the nutters out there.

Great posts' I totally agree!!!

I'll wait till forest lawn make an official statement to see if this is true.

Murray wont be @ FL cuz he has a court date that day.

Aw, this really upset me... I was planning on visiting sometime this year. :( But I have to agree, it is a place of mourning, it should be respected.

Murray wont be @ FL cuz he has a court date that day.

yes, I know. the man has many "appointments" lately.... -_-
talk about public relations and their dirty links between media/tabloids and all this stuff. So that they those TMZ would be quite busy following CM here and there

I think people should pay their respects to Michael wherever they are.If Forest Lawn can be slacking in their rules abit and let fans come and see Michael and say a short prayer that would be cool.It's not like Forest Lawn is moving Michael anyplace in fear of his body being stolen.Maybe if they could control the crowd to stand outside and let them say a quick prayer on the steps being that only certain people are only allowed to go see Michael's tomb upclose ,maybe that would be a good idea but that's up to Forest Lawn. They control everything that has to do with their dearly departed friends.

I imagine fans playing loud loud MJ music while gathering, etc. Kind of wrong place to do.

Tell me if I'm wrong.
No you're not!! Definitely the wrong place to do.

I've been trying to think of a nice way to say this. Since there isn't, here goes.
Loud music, dancing, inappropriate picture taking, hanging around too long---if these
things are occuring---no wonder FL has called a halt to it.

This place is meant to be peaceful and respectful to the deceased. To those
responsible for this behavior, please stop it. Michael doesn't deserve to have
turmoil and controversy over this and other families with loved ones there are
justified in seeing it as intrusive. Sometimes personal desires just have to be
put aside.

We can all find Michael in our hearts and his spirit and love wherever we are.
Please stop the negativity and complaints and repetitive questions. Find your
own unique and special way to remember him and express your love--reflection,
music, candles, writing, charity work, tears, a quiet park, the ocean shore--
Michael's spirit is everywhere
Yes I totally agree!!

this post gave me a deja vu of when there was supposed to be some kind of fan gathering for Michael when he was in London if i remember right, and something about a cake, he got blamed on that one, waits for people to blame him for this, and let's see if this doesnt eventually lead to the masoleum asking for him to be relocated elsewhere cause its too much of a hassle. poor Michael. in death as in life, he cannot just be.
Oh Jesus!! :no:

Okay, this is weird.

Today, a friend from Los Angeles posted pictures of her visit to Forest Lawn on her facebook. She is standing just outside the doors of Holly Terrace, on the patio!!

I asked her when she had visited and she told me "I was there today". HUH? I guess it is fine if you are keepin it low-key and not drawing attention to you?

That's taken COMPLETELY out of context.

There was an afterparty for the World Music Awards organised by fans who had worked very hard to make this a reality for everyone. Raymone Bain had confirmed that Michael was going to attend and these fans paid a LOT of money for a huge cake for Michael.

Only to discover at the last moment that Raymone never told Michael about the afterparty and so he had no idea. Michael was never blamed, Raymone was.

That's taken COMPLETELY out of context.

There was an afterparty for the World Music Awards organised by fans who had worked very hard to make this a reality for everyone. Raymone Bain had confirmed that Michael was going to attend and these fans paid a LOT of money for a huge cake for Michael.

Only to discover at the last moment that Raymone never told Michael about the afterparty and so he had no idea. Michael was never blamed, Raymone was.

God, I remember that fiasco. That cake cost a bomb and you're right, everyone knew it was Raymone's fault, no one blamed Michael. Plus when Michael found out he offered to reimburse the organisers for everything, including the venue.

God, I remember that fiasco. That cake cost a bomb and you're right, everyone knew it was Raymone's fault, no one blamed Michael. Plus when Michael found out he offered to reimburse the organisers for everything, including the venue.
Thank you :) Wanted to give you rep points for that one but the board won't let me. :lol:

Okay, this is weird.

Today, a friend from Los Angeles posted pictures of her visit to Forest Lawn on her facebook. She is standing just outside the doors of Holly Terrace, on the patio!!

I asked her when she had visited and she told me "I was there today". HUH? I guess it is fine if you are keepin it low-key and not drawing attention to you?

Maybe that is the point FL is making; quiet, discreet, respectful visits are OK, large groups, playing music, taking videos and posting them on YouTube etc are not.

My Mum passed away and I would hate her resting place to be disturbed by large groups treating it like a gathering place. I know the fans mean well but gatherings like that should not take pace at a gravesite IMO.

Maybe that is the point FL is making; quiet, discreet, respectful visits are OK, large groups, playing music, taking videos and posting them on YouTube etc are not.

My Mum passed away and I would hate her resting place to be disturbed by large groups treating it like a gathering place. I know the fans mean well but gatherings like that should not take pace at a gravesite IMO.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

I think FL's decision makes perfect sense. The families of the other people interred at Holly Terrace probably paid a lot of money to have them somewhere private, quiet and respectful. They deserve peace when they visit their loved ones.

I also think that the mausoleum and Holy Terrace should be a peaceful and quiet place, not a place to hang out for hours and play his music.

What? Why? This just isn't fair. Now we fans can't go and pay our respects to Michael?
:( I agree, I don't think that it is appropriate for fans to be blasting music and such, but they should just make it a rule that no music or whatever else, isn't allowed. But no fans are allowed to visit him? I've been planning on visiting him in the near future and it totally breaks my heart that I might not be able to, ever, as well as many other fans who still haven't gotten to. :cry: Not fair, at all.

Fans need to stop having a fiesta at Michael's mausoleum and be more respectful. I can't believe this. There's no need to throw a damn party at FL every time you visit Michael. Pay your respects, light a candle, talk to him quietly, etc. There's no need for rowdyness and loud music. He is in peace now and I think we should give him that. He is in a place of peacefulness and quiet. It is not a hangout place for fans. I certainly understand the concern about this. I would hate for my loved one's peace to be disturbed in that way and just think about how Michael's peace is being disturbed as well. People need to be a lot more considerate and respectful, to the other people who are laying in rest as well Michael.

I still think it is totally ridiculous to take away the fans' rights to visit him. If they must, they should just enforce a rule about silence and anybody who can't abide by that rule needs to leave. Period. FL should have taken this issue into consideration when they first laid Michael. They had to have known this is how it would turn out. Also, I think it is totally sickening that Murry will be able to visit Michael whenever he pleases (disgusts me) but now the fans can't? I also think a special time for fans is a good idea too. I just pray this isn't true. I'm so disappointed, angry, and upset.

It's always that one person who ruins it for everybody.

Last edited:

I knew they would think about changing their policy eventually. I know fans want to pay their respects but there are some that play music, sing, wear MJ fanstuff....they need to understand that they aren't the only ones with someone they loved that is buried there. Look at it from a completely different perspective...
Lets say you go to the cemetery to visit your mom's grave, who you miss very much and just want a few minutes of quiet time to think by... and a group of like, I dunno, Miley Cyrus fans showed up a few sites from you singing and wearing Cyrus gear and totally disrupting the silence... I'm sorry, I'd be PISSED.

This is most likely exactly what is happening.

There is a time for the music and the singing and the dressing up in gloves, tour shirts and a fedora... Forest Lawn Cemetary is not that place. You come dressed nice, you be quiet, you reflect...but you do not make a scene or drama or chaos in any way.

This ruins the chance for us older and quieter and more mindful fans to ever have the chance to go out there. Golden rule here: It's a cemetery...people are resting. Just like going to the library, where people need to be quiet...

I'm hoping that they aren't banning fans, just deciding at the time they see them, whether to enforce it or not. I think they need to institute a dress policy and a conduct policy. That way fans can come and pay their respects, without disturbing other families.

I'm sorry if I sound crabby about it, but I am. There is a time and place for everything and some still need to learn that. On top of that it sounds like even in death, Michael can't get any peace from fans. :(

i take alot of things with a pinch of salt as its a case of divide and conquer. and threads like this are a good exmaple where you have fans attacking and blaming over fans when they whole situtation may not be like that at all.

personally i see nothing wrong with going taking your gifts. staying for a while in solitude and then going just like you would in any place such as that. if fans are doing anything more than that then yes its gonna cause issues which will lead to problems and that is wrong. whether that has happned is another issue. but all the article states is ppl will be stopped from hanging out there. nothing wrong with that and doesnt say fans are banned altogether from going leaving gifts etc then leaving after a short time.

What? Why? This just isn't fair. Now we fans can't go and pay our respects to Michael?
the article doesnt say that. thats the problem u see divide and conquer. all its saying is they dont want large groups palying music like its some party there. no once can be stopped from going themselves acting respectfully and then leaving. IF theres becoming an issue with large groups then those that go regulary need to use abit of common sense so it stops being an issuse so when fans fly in from europe etc theres no problem with them going

Last edited:

i take alot of things with a pinch of salt as its a case of divide and conquer. and threads like this are a good exmaple where you have fans attacking and blaming over fans when they whole situtation may not be like that at all.

personally i see nothing wrong with going taking your gifts. staying for a while in solitude and then going just like you would in any place such as that. if fans are doing anything more than that then yes its gonna cause issues which will lead to problems and that is wrong. whether that has happned is another issue. but all the article states is ppl will be stopped from hanging out there. nothing wrong with that and doesnt say fans are banned altogether from going leaving gifts etc then leaving after a short time.

the article doesnt say that. thats the problem u see divide and conquer. all its saying is they dont want large groups palying music like its some party there. no once can be stopped from going themselves acting respectfully and then leaving. IF theres becoming an issue with large groups then those that go regulary need to use abit of common sense so it stops being an issuse so when fans fly in from europe etc theres no problem with them going

:clapping::clapping:

what Forest Lawn are basically saying is, if you turn up in a large group, in full fan gear, playing music, singing and dancing and basically having a fan party, then you wont get near the door. If go on your own or with 1 or 2 people, dressed normally, respecting the peaceful atmosphere of the cemetry, and dont draw attention to yourself, then most likely you will possibbly get to the door.

As many of us have figured out over the years, the easiest way to get past security and get close to Michael is to not dress or act like a fan and just be on your own or with 1 or 2 people, not in a big group!

Anyway, with the huge numbers expected on June 25, I always thought Forest Lawn would tighten the rules.

Last edited:

i DON'T THINK MICHAEL'S FANS WERE DISRESPECTFULL.SO THIS IS STUPID!

Why Conrad Murray can visit the Mausoleum and the fans not? =(

He cannot visit the mausoleum, only family members and close friends. Personally I think he should be banned from the whole cemetary but what can you do.

those fans have ruined it for the honest ones amongst us who only want to go and respect Michael. I know of fans who are travelling over seas to go there in a few weeks time. This wont be good news for them

He can go and every other person can go (though the idea of he being there give me shivers, but that's beyond our control). FL is an open place, so you can go. What FL is doing is stopping fans from making big crowds/noise/trying to get pics of the inside. You can still go to the mausuelum, YES, you/we can do that. What cannot be done (at times, or if you go in big groups) is get to the patio, so that, you would have to remain just at the stairs. At least 2 friends went this weekend and both confirmed they could get to the doors of the mausoleum, for one of them was on her one, noone around, just quiet, silence, respectful.

So even if you couldn't get to the very same doors, you could be at the stairs and the patio is not really that big, so it won't be thaaaat far, while still far enough to proct Michael's and other's privacy and to keep things the way they should be at a cementery.

At first I was really sad, angry and frustrated, but as my friends explained this to me, I see there is no other aim, BUT to protect Michael and the ones resting there. Yes, we might be some "meters" further, but as some of you just said.... we can be always close to him at our hearts, he just can't be any further now :no:

I understand this might be hard (it is for me, being far from ever going there), but if this FOR Michael, then I am 10000% for it. It's time we give up a bit in order to him be at peace and also to stop feeding media.

My other 2 cents? I visited my grandma's resting place 2 weeks ago and I was there, all alone, quiet, silent and in peace. I think this time I cried for her more than when she actually died (15 years ago), but I could do it because I was there on my own and there was no disturbance. That's my idea of a resting place. And as I can't take my flowers to Michael, I put some more at my grandma's to honor Michael, my way. Silly, I know, but this is what I can do and in a way, it helps a bit.

Back