Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson / official press release at pg12

i thought i did.
i said MJ's legacy is indestructible.
i said nothing can destroy it.
least of all, fans who are passionately protective of it, and are against tell all books.
i thought i made that clear.
usually, when people say 'no disrespect', they mean plenty of disrespect.
i'm known to be brutally honest. qualities of a lightning rod? perhaps. but i stay on the subject matter. not the person delivering it. i know no other way to post.

Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson / official press release at pg12

i thought i did.
i said MJ's legacy is indestructible.
i said nothing can destroy it.
least of all, fans who are passionately protective of it, and are against tell all books.
i thought i made that clear.
usually, when people say 'no disrespect', they mean plenty of disrespect.
i'm known to be brutally honest. qualities of a lightning rod? perhaps. but i stay on the subject matter. not the person delivering it. i know no other way to post.

No you didn't make any sense to me, now this one I understand.
You say MJ's legacy is indestructible, but I never said it wasn't, I said it could be damaged.

You said nothing can destroy it, I never said it could, I said it could be damaged.

You said when people say 'no disrespect' they mean plenty of disrespect, I can assure you I'm not a disrespectful person.. '.honestly'.

You said, I'm known to be brutally honest, I say good I'm honest too.

I'll explain, I believe that being fiercely protective can also be very damaging, because it could hold back something that could be benificial. Sometimes I think certain things should be given the benefit of the doubt, and so far there has been nothing said about the book that poses any threat to Michaels legacy. That doesn't mean I expect people to buy it if they don't want it.
I'm hoping you understand what I mean. Rita.

144,000, no disrespect but do you want to take a deep breath and tell me what you're going on about.

His remarks are very clear and articulate. He is showing you why fans pro- or con- statements/actions against certain books will not cause the destruction of Michael's legacy. Look at it again and see if it is clearer to you. I will not explain in detail what he said, because he can do that better than I can. The same way I can understand what you write, is the same way I can understand what he writes.

No you didn't make any sense to me, now this one I understand.
You say MJ's legacy is indestructible, but I never said it wasn't, I said it could be damaged.

You said nothing can destroy it, I never said it could, I said it could be damaged.

You said when people say 'no disrespect' they mean plenty of disrespect, I can assure you I'm not a disrespectful person.. '.honestly'.

You said, I'm known to be brutally honest, I say good I'm honest too.

I'll explain, I believe that being fiercely protective can also be very damaging, because it could hold back something that could be benificial. Sometimes I think certain things should be given the benefit of the doubt, and so far there has been nothing said about the book that poses any threat to Michaels legacy. That doesn't mean I expect people to buy it if they don't want it.
I'm hoping you understand what I mean. Rita.

well, doesn't 'damage' and 'destroy' mean the same thing?

and wasan't Michael's life already beneficial without the tell all books? so what beneficial things are being held back, if the benefit is already out there, before the tell all books?

being fiercely protective isn't damaging. if anything, it's erring on the side of caution.

besides, there are more than thousands of tell all books and aritlces on MJ. so what's left to hold back? the obvious seeming benefint, here, is money. if you can call that a benefit. MJ was consistent. he hated for people to go to the media about him. that's not rocket science. all these books fit into the category of going to the media. for money. and secondly..waiting till he's dead, to do it. if passionate protectiveness can't be understood at this point..especially since he's dead, then that's not a very empathetic way to be.

exactly who is it that doesn't notice the five thousand ton elephant in the room that is..wait till he's dead, then write a tell all book for money?

my posts don't represent forcing people not to buy a book. my posts represent that fierce loyalty and protectiveness aren't going to damage anything.

but, if you feed the beast of the tell all book, the book will keep growing.

tabloid junkie comes to mind. everybody has their idea of non threatening literary works.

also..you can't be sure that all the tell all books are true or not, whether you think they are nice or not. especially since they are for money. and the easy thing to do is weave a story if money is involved. and in the end, you're going to assess MJ the way you want to, anyway, both before and after the tell all book.

Last edited:

Damage and destroy don't mean the same thing. Michael's image was damaged during the 05 trial, does that mean his image was destroyed? Not at all.

well, doesn't 'damage' and 'destroy' mean the same thing?

and wasan't Michael's life already beneficial without the tell all books? so what beneficial things are being held back, if the benefit is already out there, before the tell all books?

being fiercely protective isn't damaging. if anything, it's erring on the side of caution.

besides, there are more than thousands of tell all books and aritlces on MJ. so what's left to hold back? the obvious seeming benefint, here, is money. if you can call that a benefit. MJ was consistent. he hated for people to go to the media about him. that's not rocket science. all these books fit into the category of going to the media. for money. and secondly..waiting till he's dead, to do it. if passionate protectiveness can't be understood at this point..especially since he's dead, then that's not a very empathetic way to be.

exactly who is it that doesn't notice the five thousand ton elephant in the room that is..wait till he's dead, then write a tell all book for money?

my posts don't represent forcing people not to buy a book. my posts represent that fierce loyalty and protectiveness aren't going to damage anything.

but, if you feed the beast of the tell all book, the book will keep growing.

tabloid junkie comes to mind. everybody has their idea of non threatening literary works.

also..you can't be sure that all the tell all books are true or not, whether you think they are nice or not. especially since they are for money. and the easy thing to do is weave a story if money is involved. and in the end, you're going to assess MJ the way you want to, anyway, both before and after the tell all book.
I agree with every word you said. There iIS NO need for a tell all book. Now if they wanna write a book on Michael's genius in the studio and how he was so passionate about his music...that is what fans want to read....not about who was whoi n his life..if he wanted us to know that....he would of held a press conference and told us himself. he let us know the stuff about him tha HE wanted us to know...no more ..no less. One only has to observe his music and his lyrics and his humanitarian efforts, and his children to see who Michael Jackson really was,

Damage and destroy don't mean the same thing. Michael's image was damaged during the 05 trial, does that mean his image was destroyed? Not at all.
in whose eyes was his image damaged? yours? not mine. 'damaged' is a clever word. if people want to use it in a way that means something can't be repaired, the do, for self serving their argument. if it can't be repaired, that means it was destroyed. whether it's a lover accusing another of damaging a relationship, or destroying it, they usually mean the same thing, especially for argument's sake. i could get spiritual and say something destroyed can be revived..or i can say i drop an item and it is damaged...nobody wants to buy it, at that point. that means it's destroyed in their eyes.

so let me use a word that doesn't allow breathing room for a spin.
MJ"s legacy and image are untouchable.

isn't damagee and destroy words that mean act against something, until it is no more? what's the difference? if they are not the same, then why would anybody feel concerned enough to post that going after these tell all books is a threat to MJ's legacy?

Last edited:

in whose eyes was his image damaged? yours? not mine. 'damaged' is a clever word. if people want to use it in a way that means something can't be repaired, the do, for self serving their argument. if it can't be repaired, that means it was destroyed. whether it's a lover accusing another of damaging a relationship, or destroying it, they usually mean the same thing, especially for argument's sake. i could get spiritual and say something destroyed can be revived..or i can say i drop an item and it is damaged...nobody wants to buy it, at that point. that means it's destroyed in their eyes.

so let me use a word that doesn't allow breathing room for a spin.
MJ"s legacy and image are untouchable.

Who said anything about his image being unable to being repaired? You're assuming that's what someone means, damage can always be repaired. Relationships are repaired, damaged items can be repaired. Damage in no way means something is destroyed, for good. His image was damaged the majority of the general public, but he set out for TII and sought to repair his image.

Bickering fans and those who condemn everything can add damage to Michael's legacy, if you see it that way. Just the same way some people see the TINI campaign and others like it being damaging to his legacy. Fans actions can be more damaging to this mans legacy than spme book description.

I use the term "image" for lack of a better term, or should I say "star power". If it had an negative effect on his career, then yes, it was damaged.

This is neither here nor there though, just pointing out the differences in the two terms.

Who said anything about his image being unable to being repaired? You're assuming that's what someone means, damage can always be repaired. Relationships are repaired, damaged items can be repaired. Damage in no way means something is destroyed, for good. His image was damaged the majority of the general public, but he set out for TII and sought to repair his image.

Bickering fans and those who condemn everything can add damage to Michael's legacy, if you see it that way. Just the same way some people see the TINI campaign and others like it being damaging to his legacy. Fans actions can be more damaging to this mans legacy than spme book description.

I use the term "image" for lack of a better term, or should I say "star power". If it had an negative effect on his career, then yes, it was damaged.

This is neither here nor there though, just pointing out the differences in the two terms.

that is like saying you intensely dislike someone when you mean that you hate them, but you don't want to be accused of being a hater. vague words with the same meaning, designed to protect your argument. like i said before there are instances where there is meaning of something being destroyed, and then revived. plenty of people have used the term 'destroy' when it comes to relationships..yet, they came back to each other.

you give the 'general public' more credit than they deserve. you have no proof that 'bickering fans' damaged or destroyed MJ's image, career, etc., cus people are still buying his music. and always have been.

people had their views of him, since the beginning of his career. tell all book or no tell all book. some were positive, some were negative in their views of him. as long as he has a career..as long as people are buying his music..his legacy is untouchable. such has been, and still is the case.

many artists dream of having the kinds of fans you are aiming at, with your thoughts of damaging or destroying his legacy. MJ had glowing things to say about all his fans. i didn't hear different.

as far as destroyed 'for good'..i never said 'for good'. but a threat is a threat, and people don't express concern, unless they think these 'bickering' fans are acting against something, till it is no more. and that is the definition of 'destroyed'. all these fans are seeing is opportunism. and even the TINI fans, said they met MJ, and he loved seeing them..so..to each their own subjectivity on the fans..though there is no proof, like i said, that they hurt his career. there was plenty of time to do that. and his legacy is still here.

my definition of the perfect career is never losing the fanbase. that means MJ' career has never been damaged or destroyed or tarnished or whatever word you want to use. what has the media sought to do? remove the fans. have they succeeded? no.

somebody saying something negative about him can't damage his legacy.
removing the fans CAN damage his legacy. but his fans are going nowhere, whether or not you like some of their individual views. so his legacy is not going to disappear. not one unit of it.

but that doesn't mean that the fans shouldn't be allowed to have a problem with opportunists.

Last edited:

I do agree with 144,000.

Michael set his legacy. The shining personality, the character, the soul, the talent, the genius, the heart and the mind, Michael brought into this world, that is his legacy.

To me he even explained it... it's all about love.

Nobody will ever be able to change that. Surely it can be supported by remembering the wonderful Michael Jackson but it can not be change or destroyed.

However I'd get always suspicious if someone tells me, you have to buy this cuz if not you'll destroy or damage his legacy. That's crazy and would put an incredible cruel pressure on fans without money for example... Michael was never not once in his life like that. If that is told it simply smells not really like someone supporting Michaels legacy. Many ppl simply just try to profit from that legacy set out through someone else.

Michaels legacy is shining out there cuz it was set by him, cuz he was here and shared himself in the way he wanted... nobody will or ever could change this again.

I'd always get suspicious to anyone who'd want to suggorate fear (something one loves could be destroyed or even 'only' damaged)... that's just low to me.

im sorry i dont understand all the hate, but i hope to read the book, i think its a great thing that books are written positive about michael, the world needs that... always...

if he writes a great book thats nice right? the only thing he must not do is tell things that are to private... and tabloid like..

Hi 144,000, First of all, thanks for the feedback. I do fully understand the importance of Michaels Legacy, It's preservation is top of my list. We all know that if something isn't preserved, it will decay. I believe we need to be constructive in it's preservation and only then, will it flourish.

I'll explain my position on the book (this is not an attack on your opinion, on the contrary I respect that). The book could prove to be helpful provided the content remains as was described in the statement. If however the mood swings toward negative before it's release, then I too would refrain from buying.
Up to now one person called it a 'tell all book', but there is nothing to substantiate those two words yet.

I don't expect you to agree 144,000, but I would be interested to know if you understand what I'm saying. If not then I'll give us both 10 out of 10 for trying and we can move on.

Thank you for seeing the difference and uderstanding what I meant.

His remarks are very clear and articulate. He is showing you why fans pro- or con- statements/actions against certain books will not cause the destruction of Michael's legacy. Look at it again and see if it is clearer to you. I will not explain in detail what he said, because he can do that better than I can. The same way I can understand what you write, is the same way I can understand what he writes.

Thanks Petrarose, but as it pertained to my post, I just don't get the reply as I never mentioned destruction. I think we may have an understanding now so no problem.

I do agree with 144,000.

Michael set his legacy. The shining personality, the character, the soul, the talent, the genius, the heart and the mind, Michael brought into this world, that is his legacy.

To me he even explained it... it's all about love.

Nobody will ever be able to change that. Surely it can be supported by remembering the wonderful Michael Jackson but it can not be change or destroyed.

However I'd get always suspicious if someone tells me, you have to buy this cuz if not you'll destroy or damage his legacy. That's crazy and would put an incredible cruel pressure on fans without money for example... Michael was never not once in his life like that. If that is told it simply smells not really like someone supporting Michaels legacy. Many ppl simply just try to profit from that legacy set out through someone else.

Michaels legacy is shining out there cuz it was set by him, cuz he was here and shared himself in the way he wanted... nobody will or ever could change this again.

I'd always get suspicious to anyone who'd want to suggorate fear (something one loves could be destroyed or even 'only' damaged)... that's just low to me.

Yes. 144000, is great. He has the ability to expose the soul of an issue, person, or thing, in this case Michael's legacy, and dispel the cliches we attach to it.
Mechi, I applaud your take on the use of fear to sway other's decisions. If someone fully believe that the actions they are taking is wholesome, honest, has integrity, true to their own personal morals/values, then there is no need to use fear to sway others to follow their decisions.

As both you and 144000 imply, Michael's legacy will not be affected adversely if fans pass on a book written by a quasi friend, who held certain information private when the friend was alive, but then decided to spill the information once the person was dead.

Remember how Michael himself had tons of books about Elvis, the Beatles, Marilyn Monroe, Disney etc. Just like that, the world needs good books about Michael, written without prejudice and based on true facts and knowledge.

Remember how Michael himself had tons of books about Elvis, the Beatles, Marilyn Monroe, Disney etc. Just like that, the world needs good books about Michael, written without prejudice and based on true facts and knowledge.

You are correct that is what people SHOULD be writing about...instead we always have to read about the allegations...now we will be reading about interventions to. I think the only people that can write a proper book on Michael are us the fans. Hopefully PPor B will also when they get old enough. Hopefully all of this crap that is going on wont brainwash them into different thinking.

Jmai, But we do not know that the books he had on Beatles, Monroe, Disney, etc. were written by the artists' friends after the artist asked them to honor their privacy--that is the difference.

It seems to me there are 2 main issues in this thread. First, all want positive information of Michael to be available, but it does not necessarily mean the information needs to be private.

Second, there is a debate as to whether fans should buy private information about Michael through a friend that he lived with because friend did not go to the media about Michael Jackson, or should we welcome the information because we are curious, it maybe positive, it would keep the legacy going.

The issue that is causing all the excitement in the thread seems to be related to friendship and the friend honoring privacy.

the thing is none of us have read Frank's book yet, so we can't just assume that he will reveal private info that should stay private. you all base your displeasure on the press release, but that's just promotion to attract attention. and I think we should just wait and see, after all Frank didn't do anything questionable so far and we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

This is Michael Jackson's own words, unfortunately, not being taken seriously by most people.
MJ: "You know...the funny thing is...why is that so important? That's not important to me. I love Michaelangelo...if I ever got a change to meet him or talk to him, I'd wanna know what it is that inspired him to become who he is...not who he went out with last night, why'd he decide to sit out in the sun so long...I mean that's what's important."
Oprah's next question: "How much plastic surgery have you had?"
Michael was a book worm, he had hundreds of thousands of books and he loved reading history, art and science, but not gossip or tell all. I think Michael himself made it clear already. If one day someone write the book about Michael's music, art, his achievement, his impact to the whole world, his humanity, big heart and his L.O.V.E. vs the inhumanity the world gave him... that's the book he truely deserved. I don't know what Frank is gonna write, but from the description, I don't have the good feeling about it.

We are all on this forum because we share a deep and loyal love for Michael. Whether we buy the book or don't buy the book, doesn't make anyone more or less loyal than the other.

What worries me is that we ourselves are going to damage Michaels legacy if we keep condemning everything that gets released, especially when we don't the content yet.

This is the post that caused all this bother, Im not sure why but I just want to clarify something.
I used the word 'we', not you, not them and not some fans, 'we'.
In my second sentence I used the word 'everything', (not specifically a book or an album) but everything that gets released. I stand firmly by what I said, and believe emphatically that this could happen.

Damage= to harm
destroy= to end

I agree that Michaels fan base is very strong, and I hope it always will be, ( for my last few words I want the book out of the equasion, I'm not talking book) but, if only half the fans are going to buy new material thats released, how you going to keep the legacy alive.

Yes. 144000, is great. He has the ability to expose the soul of an issue, person, or thing, in this case Michael's legacy, and dispel the cliches we attach to it.
Mechi, I applaud your take on the use of fear to sway other's decisions. If someone fully believe that the actions they are taking is wholesome, honest, has integrity, true to their own personal morals/values, then there is no need to use fear to sway others to follow their decisions.

As both you and 144000 imply, Michael's legacy will not be affected adversely if fans pass on a book written by a quasi friend, who held certain information private when the friend was alive, but then decided to spill the information once the person was dead.

I love following 144,000. His posts always provoke me to think deeper.

I agree with you, 144,000 and Mechi. I have said it myself I don't know how many times that Michael's legacy is strong and invincible. A posthumous album or a "positive" book written by an acquintance is not adding to it.

Please allow me to say this. It irks me when I heard a fan say "if we are not supporting the album, we are not helping with his legacy," because I find such statement belitting Michael. Michael's legacy is way much more than an album put together by Sony with sole intention to make a profit.

Also, unless Frank Cascio manages to write a legitimate biography of Michael or an in-depth study of Michael's music; otherwise, I really don't see how this book is going to help. I don't care whether this book is positive or negative. It doesn't matter. I feel I know Michael enough already. I don't need to read a third-person account to further my understanding of Michael's soul.

As long as people keep listening to Michael's music, as long as people keep dancing to Michael's music, Michael will live forever. It's much more meaningful to educate the public about the man's arts, not his private life.

I love how the Experience is selling so well. I love how Number Ones is still selling so well. To me, this says a lot. It's a testament that Michael's legacy is set by himself and is defined by masterpieces that he worked on and approved during his life.

It irks me when I heard a fan say "if we are not supporting the album, we are not helping with his legacy," because I find such statement belitting Michael.

Which is why people like these should be ignored. Legacy, in its essence, is what some choose to see it as in their soul, not an absolute truth written in stone.

What is legacy, really? In his case, what does it stand on, when it got damaged far too many times? How can an album, the 30 percent of which is not him, help sustain the legacy? I'm digressing now, but I just think the term 'legacy' is far too big for some people's understanding and it sounds a bit too imperialistic for some ppl's taste, and as grand as a big institution or something. Not too coherent right now, as it's late, but had to vent a bit on this legacy thing..

Michael had tons and tons of books in general, as his curiosity was about everything. Doesn't mean he wrote a book about friends or other people and their private lives, which he never did, he barely got convinced to make 'Moonwalker', his autobiography.

The world needs to know? Well, they got plenty of info available already, it's not like the world is gonna get illuminated when a book like this gets released, the innuendo and fallacies and accusations are still existing, and Jackson only ends up more unnecessarily exposed.

Attacks on my integrity are uncalled for. Read my post again and apply logic. It has been taken out of all context.

From Frank's FB page

I will shock the world. Michael was like my brother and father to me. My story will tell the world and introduce the real Michael, my beloved friend.

I have been blessed to be a part of his life and I want to make sure the world understands what a special and the true humanitarian he truly was.

If anyone has any idea and thought that I am writing thing book to profit, You are all wrong. Currently, we have plans to build children's Schools and orphanages starting in Haiti in Michael's Memory.

I know from my heart that this is what he would want me to do. I feel that this is the right time to share my story with the world.

I am here to tell you that I am here to preserve Michael Jackson Legacy with Honor and integrity.

Keep an eye out for my book ''I Just Had To Follow The Trend''.

365000 pages on posts I nabbed from various Michael Jackson forums all around the world and of course the memories we shared over the years. I'm not doing it for profit. Honest!!!

I will shock the world. Michael was like my brother and father to me. My story will tell the world and introduce the real Michael, my beloved friend.
At least he said Michael was 'like' my brother and father to me. Bit awkward if he was his father and brother at the same time.

At least he said Michael was 'like' my brother and father to me. Bit awkward if he was his father and brother at the same time.

he met him when he was 5 - probably he saw him like a father at that time
in his 20-30 it would make sense for him to see Michael like a brother

Well I hope Frank does shock the world and does MJ proud with this book

Shock the world? I dont like how that sounds =/

and I dont understand his friendship with the Rabbi either...

Back