Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson / official press release at pg12

From Frank's FB page

I will shock the world. Michael was like my brother and father to me. My story will tell the world and introduce the real Michael, my beloved friend.

I have been blessed to be a part of his life and I want to make sure the world understands what a special and the true humanitarian he truly was.

If anyone has any idea and thought that I am writing thing book to profit, You are all wrong. Currently, we have plans to build children's Schools and orphanages starting in Haiti in Michael's Memory.

I know from my heart that this is what he would want me to do. I feel that this is the right time to share my story with the world.

I am here to tell you that I am here to preserve Michael Jackson Legacy with Honor and integrity.

I am glad to read the bold part. I hope he could do Michael Justice and respect his privacy as he claimed on his facebook, but that report from the media about the book content seemed terrible. "I want to make sure the world understands what a special and the true humanitarian he truly was. " THIS IS THE MICHAEL I WANT TO KNOW, THE WORLD SHOULD KNOW.

Last edited:
Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson / official press release at pg12

Shock the world? I dont like how that sounds =/

when you think about the world (not die hard MJ fans) hearing that he was a good father (from Paris) and hearing that his marriage was real (from Lisa Marie), it shocks them.

what's the link to frank's facebook?

frank is doing this to make money....case closed.

i dont get why its ok for frank cascio to write a book on mj and fans are ok with it but his freaking mother writes a book and everybody bashes it

im sure katherine loved michael more than frank

I just don't feel too bad about this book although I'm not sure Michael would really want that.

Doesn't matter to me cuz I don't think 'the world' will read it at all... I hope I'm not hurting his precious writing skills or author dignity... but more real would probably be some or even many fans will read it?!

It's really not a big deal... Michael will be more often sold... it's better to get some thick skin about these things.

So is the estate ok with this book btw? or don't they have to 'yes' it?

Does Mr. Cascio only 'share' with charities? btw which part or will he decide that only when the cash flows in? or will he also share with the 'estate' Michaels children?

I would like to see him at least this classy to say in detail BEFORE which part will go to which charity... unless of cuz he wants to give lots of space to speculation to be one day known for 'selling pr' by 'using' the attention drawing charity mentioning before for own more profit reasons most likely. I hope he'll clarify this before... as he obviously enters the MJJ fan community online 'facebook' etc. someone should ask him to please clarify this?!

These people had such a great opportunity to be part of MJ's life... isn't that good enough in itself? Don't expect "the "world" to change its mind for this nor for any other book whatsoever. The stupid wrong picture of Michael most people have is the result of years and years of lies here, there, everywhere. You can't change the world with just one book, right? Especially because this is meant for the fans, not for the haters. Can somebody give me ONE good reason why someone who doesn't love/care/ respect Michael Jackson would spend a cent on buying anything about him?

I just don't know why they keep saying that. It's not like the media will take this as their main source, nor that we will have all those stupid "journalists" out there recognizing openly and publicly they have been telling lies about Michael for all these years.

Whatever, the book is a reality now, so we just have to deal with it and try our best to trust this man will respect Michael's and his kids privacy as much as possible. Even when the sole idea of the "tell-all" book goes against that.... I still believe and trust this will be a positive book. Wrong idea, but I guess the content will be positive. I mean... I will not risk the support (and money) he can get from fans going openly against Michael, will he? :smilerolleyes:

I will wait for the comments of fellow fans who dare to read this. If it is positive and shows real respect of Michael's privacy, I might get a copy... but so far, I keep believing and feeling this is not fair for Michael Jackson.

frank is doing this to make money....case closed.

i dont get why its ok for frank cascio to write a book on mj and fans are ok with it but his freaking mother writes a book and everybody bashes it

im sure katherine loved michael more than frank
What are you talking about? When Katherine decided to write a book about MJ everyone was happy, because we expected something special from her. But when I saw it, I was like :scratch: It was not what I expected at all. :)

yeah its his F.B

What are you talking about? When Katherine decided to write a book about MJ everyone was happy, because we expected something special from her. But when I saw it, I was like :scratch: It was not what I expected at all. :)

LoL!
Same here!! :toofunny:
I just took a look at it and let it. No need to spend more money on a book. And using the kids to promote the book on Oprah..... too bad :no:

Is this really his facebook page? I didnt see the 'Shock the world' quote anywhere on his page...
yes, it is his FB
Slide1-vi.jpg

^thanks :) I was looking on his wall. lol I didnt know he had written that in the comment section of a post.

These people had such a great opportunity to be part of MJ's life... isn't that good enough in itself? Don't expect "the "world" to change its mind for this nor for any other book whatsoever. The stupid wrong picture of Michael most people have is the result of years and years of lies here, there, everywhere. You can't change the world with just one book, right? Especially because this is meant for the fans, not for the haters. Can somebody give me ONE good reason why someone who doesn't love/care/ respect Michael Jackson would spend a cent on buying anything about him?

I just don't know why they keep saying that. It's not like the media will take this as their main source, nor that we will have all those stupid "journalists" out there recognizing openly and publicly they have been telling lies about Michael for all these years. [...]

Thank you.

"I will shock the world"? 0..0 Oh, the me'ness curse....

Thank you.

"I will shock the world"? 0..0 Oh, the me'ness curse....

you're welcome. I agree with your comments too.
this is sad, isn't it? :no:

From Frank's FB page

I will shock the world. Michael was like my brother and father to me. My story will tell the world and introduce the real Michael, my beloved friend.

I have been blessed to be a part of his life and I want to make sure the world understands what a special and the true humanitarian he truly was.

If anyone has any idea and thought that I am writing thing book to profit, You are all wrong. Currently, we have plans to build children's Schools and orphanages starting in Haiti in Michael's Memory.

I know from my heart that this is what he would want me to do. I feel that this is the right time to share my story with the world.

I am here to tell you that I am here to preserve Michael Jackson Legacy with Honor and integrity.

:girl_whistle:

Let's see Frank.... :coffee:

Of course frank is doing it for the money!

He could have wrtten this so called "postive" book when mj was alive not now when hes dead.

It's a tricky situation. In one hand the world does need positive books about Michael to counter act all the negative ones.

On the other hand, if it's all positif, publishers won't want it and fans already know how great a humanitarian Michael was, so will we buy?
dunno.gif

Personnally, even though I know how great Michael was, I like hearing or reading cute little stories about him. Like the one Frank told on Oprah about the candy counter, Michael cleaning the house his way or wanting Thanksgiving turkey dinners every day. LOL.

Putting the whole "anything for money" thing aside, I don't think this family will be looking to expose any negativity about Michael. I think it will be all good. However, the only book I've read about Michael is the one he wrote himself so I probably won't be buying this. I can only hope that it is in all good intentions.

So how come those bodyguards working on their own book, In Defense Of The King, have encountered so many roadblocks to have the book published - because they were told unless there's sth juicy or dirty in that book, they can kiss it goodbye - and others, like Francesco, are gonna certainly release his book? ... Who in the world does this uselessly self-victimized person think he is just cuz he was Michael's 'best friend', he and the family, to be stating things like "I will shock the world" on his facebook and keep some people/Jackson fans in suspense? He ain't Jackson, he's the one who shocked it enough thanks to the media and the so-called friends like Tyson has been turning into, so absolutely nothing he has to say wasn't really left unsaid so far, a book ain't gonna change ish, but his confidence is sky-high enough to get many to buy that book, which unfortunately that will be the case.

Fact is, those people could/should make money on their own, not at the expense of their deceased friend, whose life was put under a freaking microscope all his life. An ideal book about Jackson would be something like "In His Own Words", but would that beat 'insiders'' take on him? Great, wonderful they're gonna donate to charities and stuff (if they will, that is), but he can do do that without having to involve Jackson's personal life into it. And most of Jackson's lifetime donations, care, hospitality and other sheer acts of kindness were done without him alerting the world about it, a world now bound to get 'shocked' thanks to a guy who lived in the shadows when his friend was alive. Surely would his friend love he's now friends with Jackson's 'former' 'buddies', Roger Friedman and Schmuley Boteach, the latter also, 'coincidentally' having written a book about Jackson, also a positive one, yet sprinkled with warped comments about plastic surgery and the like. ... Would he be joyous..

^^
I think Bodyguards are unknown people with limited knowledge about Michael and Cascio's have became very well known with the last album , Oprah appearance and quite knowledgeable with their 25 year relationship with Michael.

Any publisher would want a more well known name with higher possibility of sales.

^^
I think Bodyguards are unknown people with limited knowledge about Michael and Cascio's have became very well known with the last album , Oprah appearance and quite knowledgeable with their 25 year relationship with Michael.

Any publisher would want a more well known name with higher possibility of sales.

You really think this is the reason?

shock the world? LOL oh my god, he DOES think he's going to have a BOW moment or something of the sort LOL

edited...........

The reason is I'm buying this book is because, like most on here a huge part of me was snatched away when Michael died.
I believe that Frank will put a lot of thought into this book and will have far better things to talk about than his ex wives 'ect' of which I would have no interest in, (after all people marry and divorce all the time, no big deal.) I'm expecting a more light hearted type of book, one that will share the more happy, the funny and perhaps silly times that Michael would have shared with his close friend. I want to read a book where I can see Michael laughed a lot asI'm sure he would have. I am hoping to read of the times they shared...music wise ( where I can picture Michael jigging about having fun, then also the more serious side of him when it came to his music.
This sort of reading would be very comforting for me.
Then if Frank tells of times where Michael needed a friend ( trial's, accusations 'ect') I'm sure Frank will keep Michaels best interests to heart.
I don't see this book as being harmful to Michael in anyway, and certainly not a betrayal.
I've bought a fair few books in my time but they are few compared to many available. The Tabloidborelli's and Jones's male and female of this world have no part in my collection of beautifully written material.
These are the reasons for my buying this book I am far from prying and am certainly not dellusional.

If I am mistaken, then at least the children of Haiti will benefit.

I love this post and I fully agree :)

From Frank's FB page

Awww, I just hope this book will open the eyes of Michael's detractors and they realize who Michael truly was as a person.

Frank did strongly defended Michael back in 2003/2005.

Is this really his facebook page? I didnt see the 'Shock the world' quote anywhere on his page...

Um, I didn't see any mention of Michael or his book on this page at all? Where am I supposed to be looking at withn the page?

Michael Jackson is a public figure, and as such people are interested in him. So of course there SHOULD be books written about him : tons and tons of books, just like there are about any public figure, from Winston Churchill to Liberace. And the question shouldn't be whether the books will be negative or positive : the question should be, will the information be TRUTHFUL.

If Frank Cascio wants to share with us information that is true, whether it casts MJ in a good or bad light, then I welcome it -- but again, it's only useful if the info is true.

How about I go and release private information about your life. You wont mind right? As long as it's truthful.

Just because he was a public figure doesn't mean that every little detail of his life should be revealed....Only what he wanted to be revealed.

Jesus Salas testified in 2005 that MJ was frustrated with Frank in 2003 because he brought visitors (mostly female ones) to Neverland without MJ's appoval or knowledge.

So that' s it.

I wish he would not write a book because MJ's private moments should stay private!

How about I go and release private information about your life. You wont mind right? As long as it's truthful.

Just because he was a public figure doesn't mean that every little detail of his life should be revealed....Only what he wanted to be revealed.

I totally agree with your post. Very good points.:agree:

Back