Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011

I agree with Ivy that many people are against Frank and this book due to the 'Cascio' name and the songs fiasco we had last year. Even I think that even if these excepts hadn't been published, people would still hate on it, even if Frank would cut the trash and sensationalism out.

But I also believe that some are truly, and utterly shocked, disappointed and quiet frankly even disgusted by these excerpts and the interview given by Frank. I do agree that we don't have the whole picture yet, but even the tiny tidbits that are known/reported did plenty of damage, irreversible damage at that.

And like I said before, even assuming Frank didn't exaggerate, lie and sensationalize his book, fact still remains he sold Michael out, as some things are better to be kept out of the public, this has nothing to do with presenting a 'cleaner or sugarcoated' version of Michael, but with knowing, that the media has always and will forever trash him, find a way to trash him.

Given this behavior of the media there is NO NEED to mention drug (ab)use, getting stoned and drinking. Now I know that Michael was a normal human being, he had issues with prescription drugs so what, he was drinking so what, he may have even smoked weed, I don't care.

But the media doesn't dismiss this as easily as we do. Michael (ab)using prescription drugs was a big issue during the entire trial, as the defense tried to spin his death on him, so when these story's and the interview of Frank last week hit the news, the timing couldn't have been any worse, even now the timing is bad, as Murray's sentencing is still pending.

Actually no matter when it comes to portraying Michael as a drug addict, the timing will always be bad, cuz that's not what a loved one/close friend/family is supposed to do. In Michael's case we've seen nearly every single family member if not all of them do the opposite, same goes for his ''friends''.

Look at Amy Winehouse, when she died, her family went out of their way to counter any druggie talks, going as far as stating she was clean prior to her death, that she was struggling but managing to get out of it.

Initially they even claimed she died because she quit drinking, and even after it was found out two weeks ago that she had in fact relapsed and started drinking on the eve of her death, her father released a statement saying she was on her way to overcome addiction, stating it was a one time relapse, that it pained him to see his daughter die though she was getting better.

He said all this despite of being a fame whore himself imo, that alone speaks volumes, even if your friend/sibling/son/father had problems with addiction, you're not supposed to go out and tell the world he was a junkie in denial, you're supposed to protect them and their image as much as possible, sadly it seems like not a single person in Michael's family or friends circle is willing to do that for him.

So in my opinion by Frank sharing addiction stories of Michael doesn't help him at all, it already harmed him. I don't care if Frank is just sharing 1 story, or a thousand of such stories, the damage and impact such stories leave is the same.

Last edited:

News Corp will use it's worldwide media to promote the most exploitive aspects of this book. The first promotion quotes from the book where leaked by News Corp outlets. Many are quoting The Wall Street Journal as a source.

"New book details Jackson's drug use" WSJ

@Ivy, yes sadly I do *sighs*

I know the headlines are cause for concern but WE, more than any other group should know to wait until we can gather more information before judging, that's all.

When Michael said "I shared my bed with kids, it's the most beautiful thing in the world", the media translated it as "he sleeps with kids, he admits being a pedophile". None of us blamed Michael for talking tot the media. We all blamed the media for twisting Michael's words.

I'm not saying that's what they did with Frank, but we all know what they're capable of.

double post

Last edited:
News Corp will use it's worldwide media to promote the most exploitive aspects of this book. The first promotion quotes from the book where leaked by News Corp outlets. Many are quoting The Wall Street Journal as a source.

ih -hi wrong again. the original source is "associated press".

When Michael said "I shared my bed with kids, it's the most beautiful thing in the world", the media translated it as "he sleeps with kids, he admits being a pedophile". None of us blamed Michael for talking tot the media. We all blamed the media for twisting Michael's words.

I'm not saying that's what they did with Frank, but we all know what they're capable of.

When Jermaine wrote in a desperate way I planned the escape and Michael knew nothing about it, the headlines all said Michael had an escape plan..

I do hope that when this book is released that my criticism if the yet to be released book has been proven wrong. But at present I am concerned about the content of the book. With Frank "allegedly" saying Michael's marriage to Lisa Marie Presley and Debbie Rowe were "contractual", and all this smoking weed crap. I have cancelled my order for the book, and will wait until I read fan reviews of the book before I consider buying it.
that's how i feel. on one hand Frank was there, on the other these things he's putting out there make no sense. LMP thing makes zero sense. but then again we don't have the book yet.
same here..

we'll see I guess. I might even call it a day for good , if you get what I'm meaning.
pleas Ivy. don't call it a day. do the review. i'm sure looking forward to it.

Hello, and that' why many say WSJ... And what were we wrong about the first time?

I agree with Ivy that many people are against Frank and this book due to the 'Cascio' name and the songs fiasco we had last year. Even I think that even if these excepts hadn't been published, people would still hate on it, even if Frank would cut the trash and sensationalism out.

But I also believe that some are truly, and utterly shocked, disappointed and quiet frankly even disgusted by these excerpts and the interview given by Frank. I do agree that we don't have the whole picture yet, but even the tiny tidbits that are known/reported did plenty of damage, irreversible damage at that.

And like I said before, even assuming Frank didn't exaggerate, lie and sensationalize his book, fact still remains he sold Michael out, as some things are better to be kept out of the public, this has nothing to do with presenting a 'cleaner or sugarcoated' version of Michael, but with knowing, that the media has always and will forever trash him, find a way to trash him.

Given this behavior of the media there is NO NEED to mention drug (ab)use, getting stoned and drinking. Now I know that Michael was a normal human being, he had issues with prescription drugs so what, he was drinking so what, he may have even smoked weed, I don't care.

But the media doesn't dismiss this as easily as we do. Michael (ab)using prescription drugs was a big issue during the entire trial, as the defense tried to spin his death on him, so when these story's and the interview of Frank last week hit the news, the timing couldn't have been any worse, even now the timing is bad, as Murray's sentencing is still pending.

Actually no matter when it comes to portraying Michael as a drug addict, the timing will always be bad, cuz that's not what a loved one/close friend/family is supposed to do. In Michael's case we've seen nearly every single family member if not all of them do the opposite, same goes for his ''friends''.

Look at Amy Winehouse, when she died, her family went out of their way to counter any druggie talks, going as far as stating she was clean prior to her death, that she was struggling but managing to get out of it.

Initially they even claimed she died because she quit drinking, and even after it was found out two weeks ago that she had in fact relapsed and started drinking on the eve of her death, her father released a statement saying she was on her way to overcome addiction, stating it was a one time relapse, that it pained him to see his daughter die though she was getting better.

He said all this despite of being a fame whore himself imo, that alone speaks volumes, even if your friend/sibling/son/father had problems with addiction, you're not supposed to go out and tell the world he was a junkie in denial, you're supposed to protect them and their image as much as possible, sadly it seems like not a single person in Michael's family or friends circle is willing to do that for him.

So in my opinion by Frank sharing addiction stories of Michael doesn't help him at all, it already harmed him. I don't care if Frank is just sharing 1 story, or a thousand of such stories, the damage and impact such stories leave is the same.

great post. yes i do think some ppl are anti frank no matter what because of the songs. but then theres alot of pl like me who were sat on the fence about the book. the song issue was irrelevent to me as i thought itwas mj singing and frankly didnt really care about all the hoo ha over songs anyway as there were more important issues to deal with.

You truncated what Michael said. He said he knew what people thought when saying that and that there was nohing sexual about it.

ih -hi wrong again. the original source is "associated press".

When Jermaine wrote in a desperate way I planned the escape and Michael knew nothing about it, the headlines all said Michael had an escape plan..

We have quoted parts of what Frank said in the supposedly reliable newspaper. What more do you need, Frank's signature?

Regarding Jermaine's escape plan, most did blame Jermaine for the headline. Most were angry at Jermaine, not the media. I'm not saying it's okay to blame the writer for media twisting. I guess most are of the opinion that the writers have the responsibility to be ultra careful when writing about Michael.

I love Michael so much. But, I wish he never made the bed sharing comment at all. I don't blame him. But, I wish he didn't say it.

Dont pay attention to salicious headlines. Frank has no control over them. As MJ fans we should know how the media takes statements out of context and twists them for thier own purposes. I intend to read the book before I make any assumptions based on a few exceprts taken out of context of how Frank wants to potray Michael in his book. If anything you should be attcking the media articles trying to throw shade on MJ before the book is even reviewed or read. These headlines which will be gone as soon as the medias next victim comes along are not going to overshadow Michael's legacy.

You are all welcome to your opinion but if I see any post thats calls out or questions someones loyalty to Michael
or fandom in this thread even if just implied - I will infract them. unbelievable ... :(

How do you know those quotes are accurate?... Why cant you wait for the book, compare the quotes in context, and then decide if you want keep hating the guy?
I didnt truncate anything, because I was not quoting Michael, but I wanted to make a point.

Regarding Jermaine's escape plan, most did blame Jermaine for the headline. Most were angry at Jermaine, not the media. I'm not saying it's okay to blame the writer for media twisting. I guess most are of the opinion that the writers have the responsibility to be ultra careful when writing about Michael.

I love Michael so much. But, I wish he never made the bed sharing comment at all. I don't blame him. But, I wish he didn't say it.

He just tried to tell the people that there's nothing wrong with it and that people are actually conditioned in associating the bed with sex.

Now, i don't see how this equals to smoking weed?

pleas Ivy. don't call it a day. do the review. i'm sure looking forward to it.

I was talking a lot more than that.

Hello, and that' why many say WSJ... And what were we wrong about the first time?

AP is a news agency that has nothing to do with News Corp or Wall Street Journal. So how does saying WSJ means Associated Press?

Hypocrisy of not being against Jermaine's book that is also published by Harper Collins.

If Michael's worst offense in life was smoking weed, he has my blessing.

And a big smooch.

How do you know those quotes are accurate?... Why cant you wait for the book, compare the quotes in context, and then decide if you want keep hating the guy?
I didnt truncate anything, because I was not quoting Michael, but I wanted to make a point.

I don't think respectable newspapers would take the risk to invent quoted part.

And a big smooch.

Of course. But the issue is not whether he smoked it or not. The issue is why does it have to be revealed? Is that the Jesus-like image that Michael wanted people have of him?

Do you know how many respectable newspapers copy and past TMZ?

Jesus-like image Michael wanted to have?

Yes, because he said it himself how much he admired Jesus and how he wanted to be like Jesus. He clearly stated that he didn't want the media to twist his words and quote him saying as if he was Jesus, but simply that he wanted to follow his example.

Now, with his friend's rehashed or not revelations, Michael lost all credibility in what he said about following Jesus's example.

And a big smooch.

For 2 days I'm actually trying to see what's so wrong with smoking weed. I guess everyone here is miss goody two shoes and I'm a terrible human being. I smoked weed first when I was still in high school actually. Almost everyone I know tried it once. So I cannot see the big problem unless people want a "sugarcoated saint Michael" in all the books etc..

Yes, because he said it himself how much he admired Jesus and how he wanted to be like Jesus. He clearly stated that he didn't want the media to twist his words and quote him saying as if he was Jesus, but simply that he wanted to follow his example.

Now, with his friend's rehashed or not revelations, Michael lost all credibility in what he said about following Jesus's example.

He wanted to act like Jesus, which is something all Christians should want, I guess. Following Jesus' example doesnt mean you're not human anymore. Michael was trying to be a good person, and a good example especially for children. But he also admitted having problems with pain killers and taking care of it.

Now as far as I know, Jesus drank wine. ;)

For 2 days I'm actually trying to see what's so wrong with smoking weed. I guess everyone here is miss goody two shoes and I'm a terrible human being. I smoked weed first when I was still in high school actually. Almost everyone I know tried it once. So I cannot see the big problem unless people want a "sugarcoated saint Michael" in all the books etc..

When you say it yourself, it is not a problem. When in 50 years of your life you never ever mention it, and right after you die, one of your friends says it, then it is a big problem -- disrespect.

He wanted to act like Jesus, which is something all Christians should want, I guess. Following Jesus' example doesnt mean you're not human anymore. Michael was trying to be a good person, and a good example especially for children. But he also admitted having problems with pain killers and taking care of it.

Now as far as I know, Jesus drank wine. ;)

Jesus drank wine, but did you ever read that Jesus got drunk or stoned?

I never smoked anything, because I'm just not interested. lol All my friends did.

But I am dependent on migraine pills, and I take 8 pills of magnesium a day. Am I a bad person because of this?

AP is a news agency that has nothing to do with News Corp or Wall Street Journal. So how does saying WSJ means Associated Press?

Hypocrisy of not being against Jermaine's book that is also published by Harper Collins.[/QUOTE]

1 Who said said WSJ had anything to do with AP?

2 How do you know how we felt about Jermains book?

3 You didn't answer the previous question. what were we wrong about the first time?

When you say it yourself, it is not a problem. When in 50 years of your life you never ever mention it, and right after you die, one of your friends says it, then it is a big problem -- disrespect.

Please buy and read the book about Steve Jobs and then we'll talk.

Back