Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

ivy;3536874 said:
It's got nothing to do with disagreeing with the opinions. It's about the content of the opinions and how this thread on MJJC has turned into a hate fest when similar threads on other MJ forums haven't. Also for the millionth time - I would have no issues if people read the book and hated it, my issue is hanging a person without even giving him his day in court.

Hate fest? No, this is reaction to Frank trying to make a profit by using Michael.

Do you forget? There were some willing to give this book a chance, then as soon as Frank comes out with the "situational addict" bs, while the Jury was deliberating he immediately lost all potential for positive credibility. Yeah right, let's support a guy who said something that supported Murrays defense. :doh:

Then some excerpts from the book are released...Gee, about what?...Drug talk, doctors, Michael breaking down and crying, more drug talk and how his two marriages were to show Arab businessmen he was 'familyman'..Give me a break. Oh and the whole ‘It’s not the whole book’ line doesn’t change anything.. In fact that could make this book more concerning..If these excerpts were a sample size, then I’m wondering what other garbage he’s going to put in this book?

Sorry Ivy but we have more than enough information to make our own judgements on Frank and his intentions with this book.

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011

The current situation makes me think about the time when the controversy about the album was on its peak and people were like "The Cascios would never do that. No way! They were Michael's friends. His family." ...
For some reason I don't believe that they were that close as the Cascios claim...

Doesnt matter if the rest of the book is great. the damage is done.if he wanted to help mj he should have kept the book positive or done what any real friend would do and not put stuff in it that would hurt mj. If u wanna call it sugarcoating then yeah call it that. but family and friends are supp to defend the one they claim to love not sell them out in order to get a book deal which is what frank has done.

Yeah will he call randy out in the book and the rest of the family.

The current situation makes me think about the time when the controversy about the album was on its peak and people were like "The Cascios would never do that. No way! They were Michael's friends. His family." ...
For some reason I don't believe that they were that close as the Cascios claim...

Michael trusted people. Sometimes too much.

Some fans rely on Michael's faith in his friends. But, after all I've heard and seen from Michael's not only friends, but also close family, I don't trust anyone 100% when it comes to Michael.

Michael has been like a golden mine, dead or alive, and his name sells well. For some dough people may have impression that they don't betray Michael, but they actually do.

For example, Will I Am did not take advantage of the hype when michael died. Although he probably has some interesting material, he refused to release it at the moment. And if he releases in the future that material, no one can criticize him from taking advantage of Michael's death, as he at least took a step back from the hype and the golden mine rush.

Doesnt matter if the rest of the book is great. the damage is done.if he wanted to help mj he should have kept the book positive or done what any real friend would do and not put stuff in it that would hurt mj. If u wanna call it sugarcoating then yeah call it that. but family and friends are supp to defend the one they claim to love not sell them out in order to get a book deal which is what frank has done.
agree with you
I truly believe that even if there were issues of any sort, some things are better kept private, and the two lines have already done plenty of damage. maybe it was just the two lines but the damage they have done is irreversible. those two lines shouldn't be dismissed like that.

i have to admit i have yet to cancel my order (kindle version) but i'm beginning to see what some are saying. to be honest, if he only brought up the drug use i wouldn't be bothered. but this thing about LMP, Omar and Arabs....... it makes me wonder. for me the most important thing is that the public will see once and for all that all the allegations are rubbish. i was hoping frank would shut people up. but with how does it help when frank say his marriages was for show? debbie we all know. but as much as i hate Lisa come on! that marriage was not fake. and also the world use that marriage against him saying it was fake and a publicity stunt.........how does franks statement HELP Michael?

well I have a problem with hanging people from 2 lines when they have written 335 pages.. I think it's a reasonable thing to ask and we have seen this from Jermaine's book. Although the escape plan angered many - including me- , his overall book was above average. Evaluating that book solely on that story would have been a mistake.

and for the last quote. how do you think Michael died? He wasn't able to sleep, by all accounts he tried everything but nothing worked, he turned into unconventional Propofol for help and that caused his death. He only wanted to get some sleep..

That last quote is actually pretty sad and does not signal "nothing would matter for Michael only taking drugs". on the contrary it shows how sad his death is when you consider all he wanted was a little sleep

The problem is Frank didn't say that, did he?He said "his endless quest to attain some inner peace," or was it a metaphore ?

Who does he think he is to pretend knowing about inner Michael.

Really, I mean REALLY he knows about everything from the women Michael had, weed he smoked to his inner peace and anguish and pain in his life.WOW, just wow.

The problem is Frank didn't say that, did he?He said "his endless quest to attain some inner peace," or was it a metaphore ?

Really, I mean REALLY he knows about everything from the women Michael had, weed he smoked to his inner peace and anguish and pain in his life.WOW, just wow.

And it's very "positive"... not.

Sorry I'm not understanding your comments. Are you literally saying the doubters are crazies or are you implying this as a general perception?

Oh, and there isn't any processing on the tracks.

And who's idea was the interview? MJJC or Frank?

I think, if I understood correctly, Wolfrevenant talked about doubters as being portrayed by others as crazies.

And honestly I don't mind being portrayed as crazy. Actually, for my part as a doubter, I don't give a damn what people think of me After all, maybe I am crazy. So what? :D

Pretty much what Bumper said.

guys, don't let this book split us any further.

Not even a week has gone by since we got some semblance of justice for MJ, we didn't even have time to process the whole thing when these two "friends" Conrad Murray & Frank Cascio came collecting.

I know, personally i am sick and tired of all MJ's best & only friends.

I guess it's a matter of reading - and we are reading it without knowing the full beginning and end- but to me

"his endless quest to attain some inner peace," - refers to his decades long attempts to cure his sleep issues and only wanting to sleep

and

"physical and mental anguish prevailed" - explains his unconventional use of Propofol

It's no different than Walgren saying "no one denying that Michael Jackson asked for Propofol" and the reason was he only wanted a good night's sleep..

He died when he's trying to achieve that..

Let me tell you what's funny.. Look to last 10-20 pages, everyone here claims to know the inner Michael - what he would want or not want etc.

yet you have a person that has been close to Michael for 25 years and you cannot accept the fact that he might know Michael a lot better than we do, and somehow he's "pretending".. so yeah okay..

guys, don't let this book split us any further.Not even a week has gone by since we got some semblance of justice for MJ, we didn't even have time to process the whole thing when these two "friends" Conrad Murray & Frank Cascio came collecting.I know, personally i am sick and tired of all MJ's best & only friends.
very true. this week should have given some peace to us but all we have had to deal with is all these ppl.they all make me sick

Tsukiji;3536952 said:
Hate fest? No, this is reaction to Frank trying to make a profit by using Michael.

Do you forget? There were some willing to give this book a chance, then as soon as Frank comes out with the "situational addict" bs, while the Jury was deliberating he immediately lost all potential for positive credibility. Yeah right, let's support a guy who said something that supported Murrays defense. :doh:

Then some excerpts from the book are released...Gee, about what?...Drug talk, doctors, Michael breaking down and crying, more drug talk and how his two marriages were to show Arab businessmen he was 'familyman'..Give me a break. Oh and the whole ‘It’s not the whole book’ line doesn’t change anything.. In fact that could make this book more concerning..If these excerpts were a sample size, then I’m wondering what other garbage he’s going to put in this book?

Sorry Ivy but we have more than enough information to make our own judgements on Frank and his intentions with this book.

Well said....

First of all, Frank says after reading his book, no one in the world will believe Michael is a pedophile...That's a bold claim to make, first and foremost....Secondly, if he really wanted to back up that claim, he'd be doing it already, before the book is even out, during promotion and what not...But what does he do? He instead talks about situational drug addict, both Michael's marriages being shams, etc, etc. ...I mean, come on now? This isn't helping Michael in any way, shape or form...Everyone has skeletons in their closets, everyone has things in their lives, PRIVATE things, that they have the luxury of keeping it to themselves...Michael never, ever had that luxury...unfortunately, being a person as famous as Michael was and still is, it's common knowledge that this privacy won't always stay intact and that the media will do what they can to dig out this private info and then twist it...What disappoints me and then disgusts me is that it's his FRIENDS that sell him out, in tandem with the media! I mean, how much more obvious can it be Frank's intentions aren't exactly loyalty-based...

I don't think it's solely a matter of reading but a matter of wording actually. IMHO

First of all, Frank says after reading his book, no one in the world will believe Michael is a pedophile...That's a bold claim to make, first and foremost....

Jermaine pretty much made the same claim (see below).. and what's wrong with having an ambitious goal?

"The end result is Michael as never seen before: raw, stripped bare, human and desperate to be understood. It will, without doubt, alter the way the world views him, humanising someone whose own fame was dehumanising."

Secondly, if he really wanted to back up that claim, he'd be doing it already, before the book is even out, during promotion and what not...

As far as I know due to trial there was no plans to heavily promote the book.. so "before the book is out" was out of the question.

@Ivy,

Are you claiming that in the press so far Frank's revelations have been in favor of Michael Jackson as you had claimed earlier in this board saying that once for all the people will be convinced that MJ wasn't a paedophile?

anything for money

@Ivy,

Are you claiming that in the press so far Frank's revelations have been in favor of Michael Jackson as you had claimed earlier in this board saying that once for all the people will be convinced that MJ wasn't a paedophile?

huh? ask again?

Jermaine pretty much made the same claim (see below).. and what's wrong with having an ambitious goal?

"The end result is Michael as never seen before: raw, stripped bare, human and desperate to be understood. It will, without doubt, alter the way the world views him, humanising someone whose own fame was dehumanising."

As far as I know due to trial there was no plans to heavily promote the book.. so "before the book is out" was out of the question.

I never said there was anything wrong with having an ambitious goal, but what exactly is Frank doing to achieve that goal? lol

huh? ask again?

From what you can see in the press right now, how has the press described Michael Jackson thanks to Frank's rehashed or new revelations? The way you had said it on this board?

I never said there was anything wrong with having an ambitious goal, but what exactly is Frank doing to achieve that goal? lol

hoping that people read his book.. the rest probably we will see after the book release and if there's a promotional tour for the book.

From what you can see in the press right now, how has the press described Michael Jackson thanks to Frank's rehashed or new revelations? The way you had said it on this board?

we weren't discussing "media" at that time. He had told me that as one of his motivations behind the book - that he wanted to debunk pedophile claims once and for all. After seeing David Gest documentary and how he detailed the night Gavin asked to sleep in Michael's room , it kinda made sense to me. Like I said before he has witness account, he was in the room, he was around these people, he was travelling with Michael during 1993 as well. So his story probably going to be long. I never thought it would be achieved through media - I thought it would be achieved through reading the book in detail.

hoping that people read his book.. the rest probably we will see after the book release and if there's a promotional tour for the book.

we weren't discussing "media" at that time. He had told me that as one of his motivations behind the book - that he wanted to debunk pedophile claims once and for all. After seeing David Gest documentary and how he detailed the night Gavin asked to sleep in Michael's room , it kinda made sense to me. Like I said before he has witness account, he was in the room, he was around these people, he was travelling with Michael during 1993 as well. So his story probably going to be long. I never thought it would be achieved through media - I thought it would be achieved through reading the book in detail.

But the media report what's in the book, don't they?

People read what's in the media, don't they?

So, has it been positive so far? Let's say, has it been as positive as Joe Vogel's "revelations"?

But the media report what's in the book, don't they?

People read what's in the media, don't they?

So, has it been positive so far? Let's say, has it been as positive as Joe Vogel's "revelations"?

so far? We got only one story. and there's an embargo on the book. No media will get anything till Tuesday.

We will also be getting an excerpt on the release date.

so far? We got only one story. and there's an embargo on the book. No media will get anything till Tuesday.

We will also be getting an excerpt on the release date.

That one story, was it a positive one?

These are some the headlines we have today on Google (just the ones on the first page):

[h=2]New Michael Jackson book details drug use[/h]
[h=2]Michael Jackson Former Manager Says Propofol Use Began in 1999[/h]
[h=2]Michael Jackson's Former Manager Describes His Longtime Propofol Abuse In New ...[/h]
[h=2]Michael Jackson `took propofol in 1999`[/h]
[h=2]People & Entertainment Book traces Jackson's drug use[/h]
[h=2]Michael Jackson book details drug use[/h]
[h=2]Troubled Jacko was king of pill-popping[/h]
[h=2]New book offers glimpse of Jackson's personal life[/h]
[h=2]Jacko stoned all along: aide[/h]

Thanks, Frank. I'm sure Michael would be delighted with what you've done to help his image and reputation and the great publicity you've created for him. That's what he deserves after all these years of trusting you.

That one story, was it a positive one?

so are we going to start judging people based on media now? I thought we were Michael Jackson fans that know how the media works. Did we blame Michael for how the media twisted his words?

and I will again give the example of Jermaine's book. The excerpt that they sent out to media- the prologue - had the escape plan and every single media picked that up as it was the juiciest part of it. It angered us - including me. T-Mez started to talk to the media debunking the story. Jermaine tried to explain himself saying that he wrote it was his desperate plan and Michael had nothing to do with it. Media was twisting it to make it sound like Michael was involved. Still Jermaine's explanations wasn't satisfactory for the most - including me, because he had given the media the fuel for another negative story. Then his book was released, I read the book and I summarized it in full as I read it. and as I read it I realized it was only a paragraph in his book and there was a lot more. The more I read I wrote about the strengths of the book , for example I wrote that he does a perfect job in debunking pedophile claims and gave his credit when it's due. Ended my review with an above average review. During times we didn't like his media interviews also sometimes we even applauded Jermaine for calling out Joy Behar on her hate towards Michael.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say - for almost a week now? You cannot properly judge something by 2 lines or a 1 article (you don't know the author's intentions). You need to see the full picture.

and life is not black or white - there's a lot of gray involved.

so are we going to start judging people based on media now? I thought we were Michael Jackson fans that know how the media works. Did we blame Michael for how the media twisted his words?

and I will again give the example of Jermaine's book. The excerpt that they sent out to media- the prologue - had the escape plan and every single media picked that up as it was the juiciest part of it. It angered us - including me. T-Mez started to talk to the media debunking the story. Jermaine tried to explain himself saying that he wrote it was his desperate plan and Michael had nothing to do with it. Media was twisting it to make it sound like Michael was involved. Still Jermaine's explanations wasn't satisfactory for the most - including me, because he had given the media the fuel for another negative story. Then his book was released, I read the book and I summarized it in full as I read it. and as I read it I realized it was only a paragraph in his book and there was a lot more. The more I read I wrote about the strengths of the book , for example I wrote that he does a perfect job in debunking pedophile claims and gave his credit when it's due. Ended my review with an above average review. During times we didn't like his media interviews also sometimes we even applauded Jermaine for calling out Joy Behar on her hate towards Michael.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say - for almost a week now? You cannot properly judge something by 2 lines or a 1 article (you don't know the author's intentions). You need to see the full picture.

But the public will NOT see the big picture and the damage has been done. Jermaine's explanation didn't do anything and this story about a plan to escape will be the one from his book that will be repeated in the future by media and public. Same with Cascio. again, what they are doing is NOT helping Michael, period, no matter how we try to spin it.

Back