Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011

But the public will NOT see the big picture and the damage has been done. Jermaine's explanation didn't do anything and this story about a plan to escape will be the one from his book that will be repeated in the future by media and public. Same with Cascio. again, what they are doing is NOT helping Michael, period, no matter how we try to spin it.

did you check the reviews for Jermaine's book? If you do you'll see that the escape plan is almost never mentioned because the rest of the book was a lot more significant than that part.

Someone should post all those headlines on franks facebook with a big fat thanks

But the public will NOT see the big picture and the damage has been done. Jermaine's explanation didn't do anything and this story about a plan to escape will be the one from his book that will be repeated in the future by media and public. Same with Cascio. again, what they are doing is NOT helping Michael, period, no matter how we try to spin it.
Those topics help their books to get max media attentions and publicity. it was done purposely. is there anyone still naive/blindly believe their purpose is to clear michael's name? From the day they decided to write a tell all book, the true motive is to fill their pocket in a cheap way.

so are we going to start judging people based on media now? I thought we were Michael Jackson fans that know how the media works. Did we blame Michael for how the media twisted his words?

and I will again give the example of Jermaine's book. The excerpt that they sent out to media- the prologue - had the escape plan and every single media picked that up as it was the juiciest part of it. It angered us - including me. T-Mez started to talk to the media debunking the story. Jermaine tried to explain himself saying that he wrote it was his desperate plan and Michael had nothing to do with it. Media was twisting it to make it sound like Michael was involved. Still Jermaine's explanations wasn't satisfactory for the most - including me, because he had given the media the fuel for another negative story. Then his book was released, I read the book and I summarized it in full as I read it. and as I read it I realized it was only a paragraph in his book and there was a lot more. The more I read I wrote about the strengths of the book , for example I wrote that he does a perfect job in debunking pedophile claims and gave his credit when it's due. Ended my review with an above average review. During times we didn't like his media interviews also sometimes we even applauded Jermaine for calling out Joy Behar on her hate towards Michael.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say - for almost a week now? You cannot properly judge something by 2 lines or a 1 article (you don't know the author's intentions). You need to see the full picture.

and life is not black or white - there's a lot of gray involved.

According to your comments, it seems that life is so gray that there is never ever any black or white in it, which means there is never ever a yes or no answer.

I asked you if the press has been positive so far thanks to Frank's (rehashed or not) revelations, and you are writing something which has nothing to do with it.

Open your eyes Ivy, the press writes those articles BECAUSE Frank said those lines in the book. And people read those lines. They don't read necessarily Frank's book!

Tell me what is positive in portraying Michael as someone who got stoned in the mountains? Has the press ever, ever absolutely ever written that Michael was smoking weed and that Michael Jackson was seen as a weed smoker worldwide?

I've been fan for such a long time and I have never ever heard from a non-fan that Michael was a weed smoker!

Now, not only non-fans will call him out paedofile, but also drug addicted and weed smoker thanks to Frank's few lines. It's already out there in the press, it is not my own interpretation, contrary to your comments when talking about Frank's lines.

And the fact that Frank says that Michael slept around with girls doesn't mean that it will change a picture about Michael Jackson. Lots of paedophiles are married, that does not prove that they are not paedophiles. If anyone can change the public's opinion about that is Chandlers and Avrizos, not Frank who himself was accused of helping Michael out.

I agree. In a perfect world there is understanding and compassion, but unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world and the only thing that will be remembered are the 'juicy' details.
Michael's remembrance was that of a great artist after his passing. This is not helping to keep that memory of him alive to the world.

Michael had nothing to be ashamed of, but like I said, we don't live in a world of compassion and understanding and I'm not sure the general public has a desire or unfulfilled need to understand everything about the 'man behind the myth'. Why not let Michael remain a beautiful myth? I respect honesty if he was asked questions about Michael, but not if not asked.

It is very much possible that living with and working for Michael from the age of eighteen has made a big impression on Frank. Maybe too big impressions for a young child/young adult to be coping with (the hysteria, the traveling, the drug-issues to name a few). I can see the therapeutic value in writing everything down in a book, but you can also go to a psychologist for that.

well, i just cancelled my order. i decided to wait for ivy's review. the book might still be good and i might buy. as i did Jermaine's but as of now i'm still on the fence

And the fact that Frank says that Michael slept around with girls doesn't mean that it will change a picture about Michael Jackson. Lots of paedophiles are married, that does not prove that they are not paedophiles. If anyone can change the public's opinion about that is Chandlers and Avrizos, not Frank who himself was accused of helping Michael out.

Sadly this is true.

Frank can say all the positive things that he wants to in his book he can try and clarify the pedophilia rumors all he wants..JUST BECAUSE Frank writes it doesnt mean that people are going to BELIEVE it. If that recording from the trial doesn't change peoples opinions about Michael and his innocence about children then NOTHING will..that was Michael at his MOST vulnerable. If that doesnt change public opinion then NOTHING will. Sorry I dont see where Franks words can help Michael....to the media he will just be another source confirming Michael's drug use. HE was suppose to keep this book positive he failed.

Last edited:

the press writes those articles BECAUSE Frank said those lines in the book. And people read those lines. They don't read necessarily Frank's book!

The fact that those lines are in the media is not a proof they are in Frank's book, sadly. I've read enough book reviews, and even some reports of the trial were absolute BS. Same goes for the MFT concert. Even some of the reports about the doc on CM are not accurate.

I agree that people might not read the book, but will certainly read those book reviews, and remember them. But to be perfectly honest, you have to remember everything and anything Michael related is negatively reported. But then blame the media, not those who wrote the book. The media are those who twist things. They are those who turned the man who opened his house for children in need into some kind of monster. They twisted what Michael said himself. But it doesnt mean people should stop writing or talking about Michael. No one can damage Michael's image in the media more than what it is anyway.

I understand the anger around the quotes, but I still agree with Ivy. We, of all people, should know better than to judge someone based on what the media report. We've witnessed how much damage they can do, and how they dont hesitate to spread lies. You can dislike the Cascios. You can think a friend should never tell anything private about another friend. We all have our values, and sensibilities. No one has to agree on this.

But before you judge something (because it should not be about who wrote it, what what is written), then know what it is for yourself, and for real. If you still hate it, then say so, but at least your opinion will be based on reality, not on some guy in search of tawdry headlines. Just be fair.

And in this case, you even have the chance to talk to the author himself, so instead of being angry at the team, take advantage of this opportunity, and go ahead. Ask those questions, the why, how, where. Then if you still think Frank is a fake backstabber, fine, but at least it wont be because of a middle man we all know we cant trust.

Frank Cascio's book is published by Harper Collins. Harper Collins is owned by News Corp and NewsCorp is owned by Rupert Murdoch. From Foxnews to the UK Sun to the New York Post, Rupert Murdoch's news outlets have always had extreme venom and hatred towards Michael Jackson. Frank Cascio has literally sold his soul to make a deal with someone who is likely MJ's most powerful and agenda fueled hater.

Please help the fight against this book and the continued exploitation of Michael Jackson with formula and calculated rumors of "drug abuse".

MJ Legacy7

"Frank Cascio book betrays Michael"
http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/node/1199783#comment-1199992

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure Murdoch (who's a despicable human being) has no feeling whatsoever for Michael. He just used him to sell his crap to morons who need someone to despise to feel better about themselves. He didnt only use Michael, but dozens of other celebrities. And it worked because, again, people buy it.

The fact that those lines are in the media is not a proof they are in Frank's book, sadly. I've read enough book reviews, and even some reports of the trial were absolute BS. Same goes for the MFT concert. Even some of the reports about the doc on CM are not accurate.

I agree that people might not read the book, but will certainly read those book reviews, and remember them. But to be perfectly honest, you have to remember everything and anything Michael related is negatively reported. But then blame the media, not those who wrote the book. The media are those who twist things. They are those who turned the man who opened his house for children in need into some kind of monster. They twisted what Michael said himself. But it doesnt mean people should stop writing or talking about Michael. No one can damage Michael's image in the media more than what it is anyway.

I understand the anger around the quotes, but I still agree with Ivy. We, of all people, should know better than to judge someone based on what the media report. We've witnessed how much damage they can do, and how they dont hesitate to spread lies. You can dislike the Cascios. You can think a friend should never tell anything private about another friend. We all have our values, and sensibilities. No one has to agree on this.

But before you judge something (because it should not be about who wrote it, what what is written), then know what it is for yourself, and for real. If you still hate it, then say so, but at least your opinion will be based on reality, not on some guy in search of tawdry headlines. Just be fair.

And in this case, you even have the chance to talk to the author himself, so instead of being angry at the team, take advantage of this opportunity, and go ahead. Ask those questions, the why, how, where. Then if you still think Frank is a fake backstabber, fine, but at least it wont be because of a middle man we all know we cant trust.

The fact remains that when Joe Vogel writes a book, there is no sensationalism. When Frank writes it, the book is even not out, it already hits the news even in the Wall Street Journal with the exact quotes we've read in this thread. The damage has been done coming from a supposed friend.

By the way, I don't see how you get around some things he already said. There is no excuse in smoking weed. Neither there is in feeling obliged to reveal anything about it. Frank opted to do so. It's unexcusable.

One line about Michael doing drugs is one too many. One quote in an interview about Michael being a "situational addict" is one quote too many IMO. I don't really care if the rest of it is positive, and the media doesn't either. I was never interested in this book from the get-go. Mainly because I can't set my personal feelings aside about those 3 tracks, but that's a separate issue and beside the point. I was suspicious when this book was so easily published by Harper Collins, a major publishing company where most major publishing companies don't want pro-MJ books unless there's some dirt there. I don't know the entirety of the content of the book, but judging by that article that mentioned what's in the book, it looks like dirt to me. Anyway, I'm beginning to respect more the friends Michael had who stay silent about their relationship with Michael.

When did this weed stuff happen?

I'm not talking about excuses. I'm not a Cascio fan. I wont buy that book because it absolutely doesnt interest me. All I'm saying is, I think no one should base their opinion on the book on reviews coming from the media.

And there was sensationalism because people know Frank personally knew Michael.

:no: :sad: :no: :cry:
Guess, now I have to thank God for the jury ending their deliberations in time. Thanks God, the trial didn't last a week longer :no:

God bless you Michael, you were loved :sad:

The media cruelty just never ends, I wish people would just let the guy rest.

Frank Cascio's book is published by Harper Collins. Harper Collins is owned by News Corp and NewsCorp is owned by Rupert Murdoch. From Foxnews to the UK Sun to the New York Post, Rupert Murdoch's news outlets have always had extreme venom and hatred towards Michael Jackson. Frank Cascio has literally sold his soul to make a deal with someone who is likely MJ's most powerful and agenda fueled hater.

Please help the fight against this book and the continued exploitation of Michael Jackson with formula and calculated rumors of "drug abuse".

MJ Legacy7

Do you know who published Jermaine's book?

Yep, Harper Collins.

If it's a thing of being against Murdoch, Jermaine's book should be included as well. Otherwise it's hypocrisy at its best.

Exactly

Tbh, for quiet some time I'm scared to call anyone ''loyal'' anymore, cuz the odds of even those who haven't trashed him yet (under the disguise of ''setting the record straight'), doing so in the coming months/weeks/ years are extremely high.
My heart is bleeding for Michael, he was surrounded by sharks and vultures only, even folks who he probably thought were his good friends were into the friendship for their own benefit. Something I've notices is that so many ''friends'' and ''family members'' were all good as long as Michael didn't shut them out, once he shut them out their egos were hurt and they exploded.
Now that Michael's dead, the benefits of selling Michael out are way higher than keeping his private business private. Michael is not here anymore to buy people stuff, get them into the industry, take them around the world, introduce them to the rich and famous, all that's left for them to do in order to profit is to sell him out. I believe that's the case with Frank as well.
True. Because we have seen a lot of so- called friends true colors since Michael's death.

But Mac is a extremely private person and hardly does interviews and he's been faithful to Michael since the start of their friendship and never talked negative about him. Same goes for Chris. The last TV interviews he did was Jay Leno and George Lopez and said some funny stories about Mike that he would have appreciated. He never betrayed Michael either. I highly doubt those two would write a book about their friendship with Michael. It's like what T-Mez said about Mac and Chris, if Michael need them, they will always be there for him.

Michael has spent his whole life being judged by media headlines, I see the same thing happening here, the book is judged without finding out the whole content. I can understand based on those headlines if people wanted to wait for various reviews, but I don't understand this.

I have said this numerous times on here, if I am going to damn something then I would want all information gathered first. I may yet end up damning the book but I don't know yet.

@Ivy, I you do decide to still provide the forum a review then you are a bigger person than me.

I'm not talking about excuses. I'm not a Cascio fan. I wont buy that book because it absolutely doesnt interest me. All I'm saying is, I think no one should base their opinion on the book on reviews coming from the media.

Well that is the whole problem, isn't it. No one SHOULD. But everyone DOES IT!

In a perfect world we'd read a book and give ou opinion. Here the issue is that people who read newspapers articles, and respectable ones such as I mentioned earlier, will of course believe the respectable press and won't even bother to buy the book.

All I asked Ivy was has it been positive so far. And I don't see a clear yes or no answer.

Now, we can say that Frank is not to blame for the articles. However, can we say that Frank is not responsible for stating that Michael smoked weed, that he was drug addicted, pouring oil on fire?

Do you know who published Jermaine's book?

Yep, Harper Collins.

If it's a thing of being against Murdoch, Jermaine's book should be included as well. Otherwise it's hypocrisy at its best.
I agree with you, as there is no need to go overboard with the hypocrisy.

I think people are basing their opinion more than what comes from the media. It's based on those tabloid sounding excerpts from the book and the fact that spews BS about being an addict during the deliberations of the trial. Both unjustifiable.

This book is a "Look, I knew Michael and I am revealing private information (true or false)that Michael never personally revealed himself, for a price." book.

I do hope that when this book is released that my criticism if the yet to be released book has been proven wrong. But at present I am concerned about the content of the book. With Frank "allegedly" saying Michael's marriage to Lisa Marie Presley and Debbie Rowe were "contractual", and all this smoking weed crap. I have cancelled my order for the book, and will wait until I read fan reviews of the book before I consider buying it.

Last edited:
Michael has spent his whole life being judged by media headlines, I see the same thing happening here, the book is judged without finding out the whole content. I can understand based on those headlines if people wanted to wait for various reviews, but I don't understand this.I have said this numerous times on here, if I am going to damn something then I would want all information gathered first. I may yet end up damning the book but I don't know yet. @Ivy, I you do decide to still provide the forum a review then you are a bigger person than me.
the prob is the gen public wont wait to find out any context either. the damage is done by those headlines. in order to stop such headlines u dont say such things at all in the first place

Michael has spent his whole life being judged by media headlines, I see the same thing happening here, the book is judged without finding out the whole content. I can understand based on those headlines if people wanted to wait for various reviews, but I don't understand this.

I have said this numerous times on here, if I am going to damn something then I would want all information gathered first. I may yet end up damning the book but I don't know yet.

same here..

@Ivy, I you do decide to still provide the forum a review then you are a bigger person than me.

we'll see I guess. I might even call it a day for good , if you get what I'm meaning.

@Tsukiji maybe it is, I agree. But all I'm saying is, so far, all you have to base an opinion on, are quotes in papers. And we have enough experience with the media to know they cant be trusted.
Do the quotes suck? yeah they do. Are we sure they're accurate? Are we sure they were not taken out of context to satisfy the need for juicy crap? We cant know for sure because no one has read the book yet.

@Bumper, what I dont understand is, no one blames the media for those despicable headlines. Then it means no one should write about Michael, because 99.99% of the time, that's how it ends.

Maybe Frank is a j*** trying to milk the cow, supposedly his friend. Maybe you wont agree with what's being said in the book, based on your own sensibilities. But the fact still remains : no one has read it yet.

same here..

we'll see I guess. I might even call it a day for good , if you get what I'm meaning.

So you don't damn someone for "revealing" that Michael smoked weed or that the marriages were arranged for example? Or is it again such a difficult question that it is impossible to answer with a yes or no as if I asked the theory of the relativity and quantum physics incompatibilities?

So you don't damn someone for "revealing" that Michael smoked weed or that the marriages were arranged for example? Or is it again such a difficult question that it is impossible to answer with a yes or no as if I asked the theory of the relativity and quantum physics incompatibilities?

you clearly didn't understand my last sentence... as it seems..

you clearly didn't understand my last sentence... as it seems..

Your sentence does not answer my question.

Back