Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011 / Excerpt posted at @pg151

In my opinion, no. The two books I'd recommend are Dancing the Dream by Michael himself and Man In the Music by Joe Vogel. The Opus is my third choice.
I would add Moonwalk and Michael Jackson: A Visual Documentary by Adrian Grant to that list.

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011 / Excerpt posted at @pg151

It just strikes me once again how really strong Michael was. It is so sad he gave himself so little credit because I think he was incredibly strong. He got what i believe was bullied by the whole world. I don't know how he survived it. But he did and always believed in LOVE.

I read the book and I wish I could have sat down with Michael and drank a glass(bottle!) of wine.:wub:

I don't know because I have not read frank book, my issue with his book is not if it's true or false.. Its because Michael never had many people he could count on, so I see frank writing a book about him as a betrayal of the friendship,
As for a book to tell about MJ you may try "J. Randy Taraborrelli" the magic the madness the whole story along with MJ own book moon walk between those two you will learn some truth. They read like how a biography is to read.
Some will disagree about J. Randy Taraborrelli book but it's looking to be MJ only biography so far that tell from beging to end.
Hopefully someone will write a better biography on Michael one day. I don't think that JRT did a very good job after the 1980's, IMO the 1990's to 2009 read too much like a tabloid.

can someone tell me please about franks fallout with michael? Did they had one in 2001 because frank stopped working for michael??

can someone tell me please about franks fallout with michael? Did they had one in 2001 because frank stopped working for michael??

Correct me if I am wrong.

Frank brought in someone to help MJ's financial problem. They tried to cut down the unnecessary people and branch in MJ's empire. Lots of people just spent MJ's money flying all over the world and do nothing. Base one Frank said, MJ agreed and wanted him and those two people work on it. Frank said lot of people got mad about this and start talking bad things to MJ like Frank is devil etc. Those two people eventually got fired and didn't get their salary for working for MJ. They sued MJ. Frank felt terrible but think he didn't do anything wrong. MJ was also mad about Frank telling him that he had to be careful who he brought in MJ's life. He disagree with MJ's opinion.
Later on, Al Malink sent a letter to Michael told MJ that Frank asked money to deliver the deal to MJ. MJ told this to Frank's parents about this and said can you believe Frank do this? Frank's father told MJ that it's no way Frank would do such thing and MJ should know that since he knew frank since he was a kid. Frank's father told Frank about this. Frank got angry about this and basically went to MJ said he didn't want to work with him anymore because his integrity is questioned. He cared about MJ and only want MJ the best. He can't believe MJ would doubt his loyalty. He wanted to go back and just to be friend of MJ and not working relationship anymore. MJ tried to keep him said that he didn't believe those things said about Frank. However, Frank said MJ did believe those things in heart. He insisted to leave and MJ let him go and said he wanted Frank to be happy. So he took a break and went back to NY.

Last edited:

Hopefully someone will write a better biography on Michael one day. I don't think that JRT did a very good job after the 1980's, IMO the 1990's to 2009 read too much like a tabloid.

I am hoping someone will pick apart j randy biography of MJ with more fact but as it stand now it is the only one there is half descent
Another point is after the first edition of "The Magic the Madness the Whole Story" MJ life was really a tabloid make up of fact and fiction. J randy do have some truth to straighten out Eg: Randy say MJ discover he had vitiligo in the 80s but went on to say it was because MJ bleach himself to get vitiligo, it is stuff like that if. J randy don't clean up then someone can use to pick apart and write a better biography for MJ, this is where I think person like frank could serve with setting the record straight .
Keeping in mind that no biography is easy to read, I remember reading Malcolm X biography and discover he was a racist
I almost burn the book I talk it over with a friend who read it and she say well he did not died a racist,
I want more more than every to see a proper bio for MJ, but untill then I guess it's J. Randy Taraborrelli the magic the madness the whole story.

The whole Shumely thing is just wrong and Liz did not stop talkng to MJ for a Yr. SMH And it sems MJ questioned Franks loyalty more then once & it can't always be others fault.-_-

what would you think if Lisa Marie Presley wrote a book about Michael?

:eek:

www.MessenTools.com-Humor-pelos-locos.gif

kermit.gif

Please do not give ideas. :nono: :pray: Lisa Marie :puke: ... This woman is a complete mess. :wacko: You can imagine what it would say in this book? :bugeyed :fear: This would be an even bigger disaster. :fear: :swoon: I'm really tired of this type of book (the book by Joe Vogel is a BIG exception, fact). We no longer need of this type of book. -_-

Last edited:

If Michael didn't want him to write a book about him at all - he would have said "don't write a book about me PERIOD ".
As he clarified it with "when I'm alive", it pretty much showed that he was aware that books will be written after his death and he was okay with it.

didn't he also say it was their deal? and that he believed Michael would be proud of the book because in the later years Michael tried to explain himself?

According to Frank...Michael isn't here to dispute Frank's version of the conversation. Now is he? MJ questioned his loyalty more than once.

Even if MJ had categorically told him NOT to EVER write a book, do you seriously think he'd admit it to fans? The very people he is cajoling into buying his book?

THis book, like all the others written on MJ, is an opportunity for the author to make money. Like many have reported, you don't get a publishing deal unless you promise some unflattering stories. So there i no way he would have gotten a publishing deal without first promising SOMETHING. If a professional like Aphrodite couldn't get her book publish, why do you think Frank's could if there wasn't some promise made upfront?

\...There is no way you can deny that fact.

I agree, and I will add the part about Blanket's egg donor/ surrogate. I think that information IF it's true should have been Blanket's decision to tell the world if he wants to when he is older. I feel that Frank over stepped his bounds on that one. I haven't read the book, just the summaries, reviews and excerpts posted, but it seems to me that Frank tries to straddle the lines with the book. He tells enough feel good stories to satisfy Michael's fans and salacious stories to satisfy the general public, media headlines and reinforces some media stereotypes about Michael.

I have been saying this for days now. It is obvious he is two-faced. He is giving the fans what he thinks they wanna hear (all the feel good stories you can stomach without vomiting) ..then he gives the media what will help sell his book (drugs, drugs, drugs). The fact other matter is, the public doesn't care and his book is not selling.
And I question his integrity,because he is till close to the fake rabbi. 2 days ago a picture of of the two of them cozying up was making the rounds on twitter.

I am astounded how easily some here have fell in his trap.

Last edited:

Frank brought in someone to help MJ's financial problem. They tried to cut down the unnecessary people and branch in MJ's empire. Lots of people just spent MJ's money flying all over the world and do nothing. Base one Frank said, MJ agreed and wanted him and those two people work on it. Frank said lot of people got mad about this and start talking bad things to MJ like Frank is devil etc. Those two people eventually got fired and didn't get their salary for working for MJ. They sued MJ. Frank felt terrible but think he didn't do anything wrong. MJ was also mad about Frank telling him that he had to be careful who he brought in MJ's life. He disagree with MJ's opinion.
Later on, Al Malink sent a letter to Michael told MJ that Frank asked money to deliver the deal to MJ. MJ told this to Frank's parents about this and said can you believe Frank do this? Frank's father told MJ that it's no way Frank would do such thing and MJ should know that since he knew frank since he was a kid. Frank's father told Frank about this. Frank got angry about this and basically went to MJ said he didn't want to work with him anymore because his integrity is questioned. He cared about MJ and only want MJ the best. He can't believe MJ would doubt his loyalty. He wanted to go back and just to be friend of MJ and not working relationship anymore. MJ tried to keep him said that he didn't believe those things said about Frank. However, Frank said MJ did believe those things in heart. He insisted to leave and MJ let him go and said he wanted Frank to be happy. So he took a break and went back to NY.

This information reminds me that people always say "do not do business with your friends or relative." It destroys the relationship. Maybe Frank should have only been a "friend" and Michael should not hire him to work for him. It is a difficult situation when someone you see as a friend is now in a position to tell you what to do, when you are also paying their wages.
These summaries also show that Michael did not know who to trust, and those he gave an "inch" took a "yard," which includes Frank partying in his house.

There is a recurring theme in these summaries that someone is always responsible for the broken relationship. There is always an "other."

Memefan I agree with your last post. It is so obvious that certain topics were included in the book to attract media attention for the book to help sales. Other parts were included for fans who like intimate details about Michael. I hope it was worth it for Frank.

Is the book among the first 10 on the bestseller list? Has Frank done any book signings?

Last edited:

This information reminds me that people always say "do not do business with your friends or relative." It destroys the relationship. Maybe Frank should have only been a "friend" and Michael should not hire him to work for him. It is a difficult situation when someone you see as a friend is now in a position to tell you what to do, when you are also paying their wages.
These summaries also show that Michael did not know who to trust, and those he gave an "inch" took a "yard," which includes Frank partying in his house.

There is a recurring theme in these summaries that someone is always responsible for the broken relationship. There is always an "other."

Memefan I agree with your last post. It is so obvious that certain topics were included in the book to attract media attention for the book to help sales. Other parts were included for fans who like intimate details about Michael. I hope it was worth it for Frank.

Is the book among the first 10 on the bestseller list? Has Frank done any book signings?

Nobody outside the hardcore MJ fans knows this guy. Who will stand in line to get his signature..? If Jermaine couldn't attract many people....I can only imagine the disaster that would be.

His book has not even cracked the top 500 on Amazon...let alone the top 100..or the top 10.

As I have stated before, this is doing more harm to MJ's legacy because the general public and most fans will not read his book, but they will catch the headlines and this will cement the notion that MJ was an addict.

Frank is talking out of both side of his mouth... and his book is still tanking harder than Latoya's.

Something Frank has in common with the Jacksons, BLAMING someone else for MJ finally waking up to his betrayal. SMDH. I believe MJ remained close to some of the other Cascios, but Frank is another story. He protests too much.

It's always SOMEONE else...

Last edited:

Nobody outside the hardcore MJ fans knows this guy. Who will stand in line to get his signature..? If Jermaine couldn't attract many people....I can only imagine the disaster that would be.

His book has not even cracked the top 500 on Amazon...let alone the top 100..or the top 10.

As I have stated before, this is doing more harm to MJ's legacy because the general public and most fans will not read his book, but they will catch the headlines and this will cement the notion that MJ was an addict.

Frank is talking out of both side of his mouth... and his book is still tanking harder than Latoya's.

Memefan thanks for the information. Glad sales are not too great and comparing a book to Latoya's in terms of sales is embarrassing to say the least. I am glad many fans let their feelings heard by keeping their cash in their pockets. It seems the positive reviews did not help sales either. Unfortunately, the book gave the media a lot of juicy headlines, which hopefully will die soon. On the positive side it lets publishers know that pushing the negative drug/addict aspects of Michael will not sell a Michael book. Hopefully we will then see more books about his music and not about who he slept with, talked to, played with, fought with, who exploited him, or who he took on trips around the world.

OK i STILL wants to know why SOME fans think his (Frank) side of the story are ALL lies or make believe for the media?? Especially parts in the book where he talk about Michael in oh-so-not bright situations, PLease tell me which ones are fake and which ones are the truth.. Cause i wants to know from YOUR mouth and why... Oh and was you there when it happen

Memefan thanks for the information. Glad sales are not too great and comparing a book to Latoya's in terms of sales is embarrassing to say the least. I am glad many fans let their feelings heard by keeping their cash in their pockets. It seems the positive reviews did not help sales either. Unfortunately, the book gave the media a lot of juicy headlines, which hopefully will die soon. On the positive side it lets publishers know that pushing the negative drug/addict aspects of Michael will not sell a Michael book. Hopefully we will then see more books about his music and not about who he slept with, talked to, played with, fought with, who exploited him, or who he took on trips around the world.

Frank's book and its idiotic headlines helped me made up my mind about Joe Vogel's book.

This is the kind of HEADLINES Vogel's book has been gathering:

Review: 'Man in the Music' is an insightful, thorough study of Michael Jackson's creativity

Review: MJ book thankfully focuses on the music

Review: Finally a book that appreciates the musician in MJ

And he doesn't claim to have been a childhood friend of Michael Jackson. He wrote the book simply because, he too, is a fan and appreciate the genius of the man.

So with friends like Cascios, Arvizos and siblings like the Jacksons...who needs enemies? Strangers like Vogel, Spike Lee have done more for MJ's legacy than these good for nothings he allowed in his entourage.

OK i STILL wants to know why SOME fans think his (Frank) side of the story are ALL lies or make believe for the media?? Especially parts in the book where he talk about Michael in oh-so-not bright situations, PLease tell me which ones are fake and which ones are the truth.. Cause i wants to know from YOUR mouth and why... Oh and was you there when it happen

For me personally, I don't accept any of the stories, good or bad. I question it all....Just like I question the Fake Rabbi. Leonard Rowe. Latoya. Jermaine. All these books came about after MJ passed.....money is the only motivation. And as Diane Dimond has shown in the past, people are willing to say anything when it comes to MJ, if the price is right. And everybody has a price.

Last edited:

As for a book to tell about MJ you may try "J. Randy Taraborrelli" the magic the madness the whole story.

Really? Is that the same book that describes Michael as being obsessed with Jordy Chandler and recounting situations as if the author were there in the room when they happened? Taraborrelli hardly knew Michael at all, unlike Frank who writes of no such thing in his book.

Yes, you can also get that tone in his book that the business destroyed their relationship. It also broke the relationship between Eddie and Frank (because of MJ). Frank also said that in the later years, he and MJ decided just to be friend and not involved with business. MJ didn't know who to trust. Some people said this to him and some people said that to him. I think it's explained why people just got fired easily in short time. Then they got back to sued MJ.

Has anyone else said that Frank really had this much control dealing with Michael's financial situation or being his manager? I just can't imagine Michael giving a kid (which Frank was at the time) these kind of responsibilities.

Wow, this is tough...At one point I decided to buy the book, now I just don't know. Will I learn something in it that will make me look at Michael differently? Will it change any opinions of him that I have? It doesn't seem so. Will I feel as if Frank is sharing his friendship because it was a wonderful thing and he wants others to experience it too? Will I feel as if I am missing something important if I don't read it? I can't tell. If I read it, will I feel as if I am invading Michael's privacy?
Because of where I live I just can't walk into a bookstore and buy it. I hate to feel so on the fence.
Let me throw out this question:

If someone had only 2 months to live, knew nothing about Michael at all and wanted to read 2 books to learn about him, would this be one of them?

I think it's wrong to bring up a question like that. To me Frank's book is just one of many that I have and will read about Michael. There are plenty of books out that are a hundred times worse, just as there are many that are probably better. So far, this one has been worth the money and the read for me.

I'm sorry the media twisted a lot of the information but that is going to happen unfortunately. I am reading this book for myself - not for the fan's approval and not for the best seller lists - but for myself and I want to form my own opinion about it. The only way to do that is to open it and read.

Maybe because Lupus isn't that obvious of an ailment to discuss. I never thought Michael had lupus until after he died and I don't think anyone besides a medical professional would be able to tell just by looking at him.
I don't think MJ liked discussing his ailments for example he hardly ever wanted to talk about Vitiligo whenever it was brought up in public, it was a very humiliating ordeal for him you could tell he was uncomfortable, who wouldn't be. You don't need to provide your friends your detailed medical history, especially if you're Michael Jackson and can easily be sold out to media outlets. I think many can agree that Michael suffered from alot of physical pain especially from the well known pepsi and bridge collapse incidents and those are enough to justify the pain medication use.

Good point. I was trying to find a reason why MJ may not have mentioned his lupus to Frank and your explanation makes sense.

I don't know about any other bestseller lists but it is #1,402 in books on Amazon. It is doing better on the biographies and memoirs list.

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,402 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
#12 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Composers & Musicians
#39 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Entertainers
#98 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs

Frank's book and its idiotic headlines helped me made up my mind about Joe Vogel's book.

This is the kind of HEADLINES Vogel's book has been gathering:

Review: 'Man in the Music' is an insightful, thorough study of Michael Jackson's creativity

Review: MJ book thankfully focuses on the music

Review: Finally a book that appreciates the musician in MJ

And he doesn't claim to have been a childhood friend of Michael Jackson. He wrote the book simply because, he too, is a fan and appreciate the genius of the man.

So with friends like Cascios, Arvizos and siblings like the Jacksons...who needs enemies? Strangers like Vogel, Spike Lee have done more for MJ's legacy than these good for nothings he allowed in his entourage.

For me personally, I don't accept any of the stories, good or bad. I question it all....Just like I question the Fake Rabbi. Leonard Rowe. Latoya. Jermaine. All these books came about after MJ passed.....money is the only motivation. And as Diane Dimond has shown in the past, people are willing to say anything when it comes to MJ, if the price is right. And everybody has a price.

Me too!! last Saturday while I was reading this thread, I made up my mind to buy Vogel book and signed off her and went to Barnes and Nobel. Amazing how one book makes you buy another.

About the lupus information guys if your best friend has lupus you will know it. There is no physical characteristic that tells you they have lupus, but there are a number of ailments that they get, and you will say, "what is the matter," and then they will tell you. I have a friend like that and her whole family has it. She suffers dreadfully with pain, swollen joints, sometimes unable to walk, and looks flushed. She gets various medications for pain. It comes and goes. Sometimes everything is going fine and then you have some horrible episodes. So although lupus is not visible like the chicken pox, it involves a list of complications, which any close friend would ask their anguished friend about.

Last edited:

Has anyone else said that Frank really had this much control dealing with Michael's financial situation or being his manager? I just can't imagine Michael giving a kid (which Frank was at the time) these kind of responsibilities.

No, I don't think Frank is his manager or have full control dealing with MJ's financial situation. He said he tried to help, but it's not like he had full controlled. MJ still had tons of people working for him. Frank is more like Michael Amir Williams role. People go through him to talk to MJ. He is personal assistant who help MJ deal with all sorts of things in daily basis. It's not like he had full control of many things. He made suggestion to MJ but I think it's MJ who had the final call.

Thunder are you eating pizza, and Ash what is it that you are supposed to be eating?

He said that Elizabeth Taylor didn't talk to Michael for a year? That seems a little extreme over a necklace.

I don't think he should have worked for Michael. That is never a good idea and I don't see how he could help Michael get his finances in order. You need experienced people for that. I would think anyways.

Marebear as someone pointed out it seems Frank was more like an assistant. To me he might have been like a secretary doing odd jobs and people would call him to speak to Michael. I am not sure if in the book he made himself out to be more than that, because I did not read the book. We all know a 18 to 22 year old cannot handle the complex financial/business affairs that Michael dealt with at his level. However, that is the thing about books--one has to take the author's word if there is no way to refute the statements.

Thunder are you eating pizza, and Ash what is it that you are supposed to be eating?

:lmao: yeah,,,still trying to figure out this book..and Frank and all. Confusing about his motives for writing it. Then the thing about Michael saying about Frank not writing the book while he was alive. Ya know I like to give people the benefit of the doubt..I really want to read a good book about Michael...but I have doubts if this is the one.

No, I don't think Frank is his manager or have full control dealing with MJ's financial situation. He said he tried to help, but it's not like he had full controlled. MJ still had tons of people working for him. Frank is more like Michael Amir Williams role. People go through him to talk to MJ. He is personal assistant who help MJ deal with all sorts of things in daily basis. It's not like he had full control of many things. He made suggestion to MJ but I think it's MJ who had the final call.
Didn't Frank say that he was Michael's manager? I think that I read that on his facebook page for the book and so many articles are saying that he was Michael's manager.

ETA: I found it. Maybe personal manager is a glorified way of describing a personal assistant position, you know how cashiers say that they facilitate financial transactions on their resume.

Frank Cascio, a close friend of Michael Jackson for over 25 years, will tell the inside, behind-the-scenes story of the Michael that he knew and grew up with, offering the most candid, moving, and provocative portrait to date of the pop icon.

Frank Cascio, an entrepreneur and music producer who knew Michael Jackson for more than twenty-five years, including serving as his personal manager for nearly a decade from the '90s into the '00s. During that time, Cascio developed and co-produced The Michael Jackson 30th Anniversary Celebration, Madison Square Garden, was co-producer and creative director of The Michael Jackson Interview: Footage You Were Never Meant to See, executive producer and creative director in collaboration with Brett Ratner on Michael Jackson Private Home Movies, which aired on Fox in 2003. He splits his time between New York, Los Angeles, and Germany.

Last edited:

Marebear as someone pointed out it seems Frank was more like an assistant. To me he might have been like a secretary doing odd jobs and people would call him to speak to Michael. I am not sure if in the book he made himself out to be more than that, because I did not read the book. We all know a 18 to 22 year old cannot handle the complex financial/business affairs that Michael dealt with at his level. However, that is the thing about books--one has to take the author's word if there is no way to refute the statements.

Thanks. I wasn't sure what he did.

Back