Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson / press release at pg12 / Nov 15 ,201

I'm just voicing out my opinion. There is no need to blow my comment out of proportion.

Actually, I'm just trying to understand what it is that people are saying they want. One minute people are stating that it should now only be about the music and keep personal info. out of it.

So, why would we keep half of what is on the board? We can't want to hold Frank to one standard and ourselves to another--we can delve into private info. talk when we want but not his personal friend Frank. That wouldn't make sense.

And as for people citing two examples of people watching 20/20 and thinking that Michael doctor shopped or was a druggie. People can think what they want. Were those opinions formed at that precise moment? The autopsy report has been out there for a long time now. People believe what they want to sometimes despite what is actually said. However, again, for how long were we told by some people that Michael was a "has-been" and irrelevant? How long were we told that much of the public thought Michael was guilty of inappropriate behavior towards children? The world does not react to the death of a person in the way that it did when that person is not still beloved, treasured, and relevant-- and most definitely not if that person is thought to have harmed a child.

Last edited:
Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson / press release at pg12 / Nov 15 ,201

Frank knew exactly what he was doing. I have no sympathy for him for being ragged on when he knowingly went on TV and flamed the fires. I am really tired of these people feeding the media monster on purpose, and then when fans complain, they want a "platform" to explain just what they were talking about. Puh Lease! You had a national platform and you didn't consider it pertinent enough to explain yourself when the world was watching, but just so you don't alienate fans from buying your book, you now want direct access to try barrettes & lipgloss on poop? I'm so over this. I am tired of trying to pacify myself for these people. It is physically draining, physically & mentally, & it takes a toll from even wanting to be here having to deal with all of this.

The problem with all of these people giving interviews and telling their opinion is that not only do they lack expertise, they lack specifics and parameters. Do the headlines say that Frank called MJ a "situational addict" or an addict? Of course the headlines are going to zero in on only the addict part. If Frank wants a platform, he should really go to the media and make himself clear. He needs to take issue with how he was quoted with the news channel itself. He need not worry for us, this news will trickle down & we will hear of it. That is the platform he needs. Otherwise, we will really need to give Aaron a platform, we will need to give Klein a platform, we will need the give the family a platform, and we will need to give the bodyguards a platform. We will need to give everyone who has used/s Michael as a means of making money a platform. We need to let all of these people explain why what the media said is so wrong and not what they intended and how they really all love MJ and care for his fans & still want us to buy their things.

I don't know what the book is going to say. And I don't mind if the book isnt all positive. MJ was human after all. Of course he has failings. But Frank writing about this in the book where he has time and space to outright explain what he means as opposed to a sensational interview that he knows will feed a negative perception as a means to promote his book is preferable. Out of 300 pages in a book, if that is what he chooses to highlight in a 3 minute interview, then again he is failing in my opinion. Out of all subjects to highlight and you want to higlight drug use & doctors, then you cannot turn and act surprised at the reaction you will receive.

Frank may have said this was years ago, Frank might not of said his past drug use had anything to do with what happened with Murray, but he cannot act as if that is really a hard line for people who are bent on making MJ an addict when he died to draw. I'm not saying Frank doesn't care for MJ. But I really am not privy to the strange pheremones that hypnotized those who knew him that caused them to abandon every common sense and fellow feeling they had while Michael was alive and do a complete 180. It must be something in the Kool Aid and I for one have stopped drinking. I just want Michael to be able to rest. I want to hear about his name in association with his music and what he did to change the world for the better as opposed to this caricature of a person so many want to emphasize. I want Michael to be treated with honor by those who say they love him. I want him to be treated with respect. I want those who say they loved him to act with decorum and common sense. I want them to take a stand and say because I care for him so much, this is who & what I want to emphasize.
Would Frank want us dissecting his lovers? Would Frank want us dissecting his medical history? Would frank want someone who he trusted with intimate things betraying that trust just because he died?

I'm not saying I don't have some curiousity about Michael's private life. Of course fans want to know. But if those close to him chose to remain quiet in lieu of speaking about his attitude towards helping people, his attitude towards the world, alone, (even if it is just for a while) I still would consider it very rich. They can just give it some time.

Actually, I'm just trying to understand what it is that people are saying they want. One minute people are stating that it should now only be about the music and keep personal info. out of it.So, why would we keep half of what is on the board? We can't want to hold Frank to one standard and ourselves to another--we can delve into private info. talk when we want but not his personal friend Frank. That wouldn't make sense.
I have never demanded Frank to never say anything about his friendship with Michael. So, I don't hold him at a different standard. I'm just saying what I would do. As a matter of fact, I seldomly have a discussion on Michael's private life. All my posts here based solely on what he said on the 20/20 interview. Not a word on his upcoming book (except that I cancelled my pre-order.)

If we are in the same team the definition must be the same.

So, again, what is the misconception about Michael that Frank only made worse?

And, so I guess what I'm getting is that it wasn't so much about Frank discussing Michael's private life but about his comments concerning medication use on 20/20. With people saying they canceled their pre-orders, then they were at one point okay with hearing the private information (because we knew that was what was going to be in it).

If Frank experienced Michael around bad doctors, then to him that is not a misconception. I don't know if he saw things that made him think doctor shopping or not. If he did, then that would not be a misconception to him. If he didn't, then I would hope he would not use the term doctor shopping (saying their were bad doctors does not imply Michael always sought out the doctors). If Frank experienced moments when he knew he needed to protect Michael from accidently taking the wrong medication, then that is not a misconception for him.

Since it is his book, he will have to first be given the chance to state what the misconceptions are that he is correcting or he feels need priority. Just maybe they are not all the same as yours.

Last edited:

it was to show known versus unknown stuff ratio. It wasn't that groundbreaking of totally new and private stuff like you portrayed out to be. I had known majority of them and I just learned that Frank was worried. That's all.

Klein's 3 propofol interventions are a lot more unknown that what Frank has said imo.

That is not a good reason for anyone to keep talking about private matters period. I already explained why. This shouldn't be a case of Monkey see, so Monkey do & everyone should be okay with it.

And I'll say this again one more time Frank gave credit to the Jacksons for the things they been saying. He did not elaborate nor gave complaints about their dates he just simply gave them credibilty.

Love liked your last posts.

You see that is why most of us get frustrated, because the average person listens to these programs and use the information in a general way which is what the reporter wants. If Frank says he had to remove Michael's meds from his bedside, the general public will conclude that this happens all the time and connect this with his death. That is why it is important when talking about Michael Jackson, people have to watch what they say. The media do not use time/dates because they want to cement a general idea of who Michael Jackson really is, and that idea is a negative one.

Exactly my point...the everyday Joe have already drawn their opinions about Michael...they could give a flying leap about him...imo..NOTHING that book says can change the opinons of the general public. Like I have already stated...it is the FANS and Michael's children that now HAVE TO live with the "truth" that Michael's great friend Mr. Cascio has now put out there for us. I am NOT in denial about anything Micheal...however...I am tired of hearing people tell "their truths" about Michael and drug use. WHY cant they just let US have OUR memories of Michael and STOP tarnishing OUR image of him...after all WE are the fans...WE are the one's that love Michael UNCONDITIONALLY...but Jesus,,,enough is enough now. It is because of people like Frank that I am seriously considering leaving after the verdict. I want MY memories of Michael...to be MY memories...NOT something that Frank Cascio or the rest have made him out to be. It is bad enough that Michael is gone...do they have to keep throwing stones at him too?? I cant take it anymore..this WAS the last straw for me.

Frank knew exactly what he was doing. I have no sympathy for him for being ragged on when he knowingly went on TV and flamed the fires. I am really tired of these people feeding the media monster on purpose, and then when fans complain, they want a "platform" to explain just what they were talking about. Puh Lease! You had a national platform and you didn't consider it pertinent enough to explain yourself when the world was watching, but just so you don't alienate fans from buying your book, you now want direct access to try barrettes & lipgloss on poop? I'm so over this. I am tired of trying to pacify myself for these people. It is physically draining, physically & mentally, & it takes a toll from even wanting to be here having to deal with all of this.

The problem with all of these people giving interviews and telling their opinion is that not only do they lack expertise, they lack specifics and parameters. Do the headlines say that Frank called MJ a "situational addict" or an addict? Of course the headlines are going to zero in on only the addict part. If Frank wants a platform, he should really go to the media and make himself clear. He needs to take issue with how he was quoted with the news channel itself. He need not worry for us, this news will trickle down & we will hear of it. That is the platform he needs. Otherwise, we will really need to give Aaron a platform, we will need to give Klein a platform, we will need the give the family a platform, and we will need to give the bodyguards a platform. We will need to give everyone who has used/s Michael as a means of making money a platform. We need to let all of these people explain why what the media said is so wrong and not what they intended and how they really all love MJ and care for his fans & still want us to buy their things.

I don't know what the book is going to say. And I don't mind if the book isnt all positive. MJ was human after all. Of course he has failings. But Frank writing about this in the book where he has time and space to outright explain what he means as opposed to a sensational interview that he knows will feed a negative perception as a means to promote his book is preferable. Out of 300 pages in a book, if that is what he chooses to highlight in a 3 minute interview, then again he is failing in my opinion. Out of all subjects to highlight and you want to higlight drug use & doctors, then you cannot turn and act surprised at the reaction you will receive.

Frank may have said this was years ago, Frank might not of said his past drug use had anything to do with what happened with Murray, but he cannot act as if that is really a hard line for people who are bent on making MJ an addict when he died to draw. I'm not saying Frank doesn't care for MJ. But I really am not privy to the strange pheremones that hypnotized those who knew him that caused them to abandon every common sense and fellow feeling they had while Michael was alive and do a complete 180. It must be something in the Kool Aid and I for one have stopped drinking. I just want Michael to be able to rest. I want to hear about his name in association with his music and what he did to change the world for the better as opposed to this caricature of a person so many want to emphasize. I want Michael to be treated with honor by those who say they love him. I want him to be treated with respect. I want those who say they loved him to act with decorum and common sense. I want them to take a stand and say because I care for him so much, this is who & what I want to emphasize.
Would Frank want us dissecting his lovers? Would Frank want us dissecting his medical history? Would frank want someone who he trusted with intimate things betraying that trust just because he died?

I'm not saying I don't have some curiousity about Michael's private life. Of course fans want to know. But if those close to him chose to remain quiet in lieu of speaking about his attitude towards helping people, his attitude towards the world, alone, (even if it is just for a while) I still would consider it very rich. They can just give it some time.

Thank You Ginvid.....I agree with every word. :clapping:

Isn't that obvious?:ermm:

Why won't anyone state what the actual misconception was? I'm asking to try to see what I'm missing here.

For example, a misconception created by some was that Michael's death was related to his prescription pain medication problem that he had faced years and years ago. A misconception created by some was that Michael was in denial about pain medications in June 2009 when there is no evidence to support that.

EPIC! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: Just. . . . epic. Thank you.

Frank saying he had to hide pills from MJ cause he didn't want to take a chance and that MJ would have forgotten or could have forgotten what he had already taken sounds like he was worried about MJ overdosing himself. Now why would that be a bad thing to share with the public at this time....? Well, the very fact tha Chernoff is blaming MJ for his own death. Frank helped that idea by making it now possible for those who might already be thinking that. Not good.

So when he and his family went on Oprah last year and they said they knew nothing about drug use they were lying? Why did they do that if that wasn't the case? I believed that and that is why what he is saying now is shocking to me. I never expected that.

So when he and his family went on Oprah last year and they said they knew nothing about drug use they were lying? Why did they do that if that wasn't the case? I believed that and that is why what he is saying now is shocking to me. I never expected that.

They lied through their teeth in that show. At least it's finally been proven.

Classic, no offense. Why don't you watch the actual 20/20 segment and see what Frank actually said?

Also, I dont think the public is actively discussing Tito and Rebbie's interview neither. So?

I just saw a documentary about Michael's concert in Moscow in 1993. During the whole film, the word "drug" is not used at all. We saw footage of orphanage visit. That smile of Michael when he held a baby said it all.
Is the documentary online? If so can someone please post a link?

Maybe the family doesn't unanimously agree on the drug/addict issue? Perhaps they wanted sell the story that their targetted audience wanted to hear? Hard to say.

If it weren't for this board I wouldn't have known about Frank's interview. I might be mistaken but it seems that no one in the media is talking about this except for... well, us.
I am also very cautious when someone wants to write a book about MJ (as a matter of fact, the only book I have ever bought was The MJ conspiracy), but shouldn't we just stick to the "wait and see" approach? We can still judge Frank AFTER we know what he's said in the book. I must admit that I am not going to buy it, I'll wait and see what others have to say first(I remember Ivy saying that she's pre-ordered it, so I'm waiting for her review).
If we expect MJ's friends to act "with decorum and respect", it should also apply to us fans.

Maybe the family doesn't unanimously agree on the drug/addict issue? Perhaps they wanted sell the story that their targetted audience wanted to hear? Hard to say.

To me I saw a family that knew Michael for 25 years say they saw no problem and it seemed genuine. Now a year later Frank is writing a book basically saying that he saw Michael in a certain state and felt the need to hide pills from Michael. I don't know myself but it's a complete 180 from last year and now.

Nothing Frank says in his book, no matter how positive can redeem them in the eyes of many fans, me included.

Thank you.

Thank you also, I missed that thread.

To me I saw a family that knew Michael for 25 years say they saw no problem and it seemed genuine. Now a year later Frank is writing a book basically saying that he saw Michael in a certain state and felt the need to hide pills from Michael. I don't know myself but it's a complete 180 from last year and now.
It is a big difference. When people's stories change it does make you wonder were they lying then or are they lying now.

Many fans, me included, believe they lied about the main topic on Oprah, so why would anything else be different?.

With people saying they canceled their pre-orders, then they were at one point okay with hearing the private information (because we knew that was what was going to be in it).
I was deeply touched by one quote from Willa Stillwater's M Poetica. She compared studying Michael's works to six blindmen feeling an elephant. One blindman would describe the elephant like a pillar if he only felt it's leg. One would describe it like a wall if he only felt the elephant's body. One would describe it like a spear if he felt it's tusk. Similarly, different people see Michael's arts differently. Some may focus on his music. Some may focus on his performance. If different people share their views om Micharl's works, we can all learn from each other and sppreciate Michael's aritistry from different perspectives. Some may ficus on song writing. I'm so inspired to learn and absorb as much as I can. At one point, I thought Frank would be able to share his views on what inspired Michael. That's why I wanted to hear from him. I honestly have no interest in trivial private details. Now, after the 20/20 interview, even if Frank did share his insights, I could not convince myself to support his memoir.

I was naive to think this book would be different since I believed they saw no drug problems. I thought it would be nice for a book to be about Michael without the drug talk. It's not that I can't handle it but you know I just don't want that to always be front and center. But Frank and his family I feel mislead us to some point. I never knew who these people were until that interview last year so everything I based on was from that. I thought that was the truth according to them and now there is another truth and I feel stupid. I don't know how else to put this for how I feel.

It is a big difference. When people's stories change it does make you wonder were they lying then or are they lying now.

During the trial we have seen a "change" in Ortega's story. He always mentioned that Michael was healthy and did not list any problems. In the trial we have learned that he had concerns, asked for meetings and even recommended a psychologist.

That's actually what was "private". 2 years ago when Ortega gave interviews or last year when Cascio's were on Oprah that information was private, there was no need for them to run their mouths and disclose that. They had no reason to be like Oxman and announce the day he died that he was an addict.

Like I said before it's no longer private. It might not be a lie , it can be a simple timing issue. they might have been waiting for all the information become available before determining his issues , addiction or dependency rather than rushing to conclusions like some.

Also isn't it a little bit hypocritical to complain about how it's inappropriate now to talk about Michael's private business and then you question why they didn't talk about his private business a year ago?

I was naive to think this book would be different since I believed they saw no drug problems. I thought it would be nice for a book to be about Michael without the drug talk. It's not that I can't handle it but you know I just don't want that to always be front and center. But Frank and his family I feel mislead us to some point. I never knew who these people were until that interview last year so everything I based on was from that. I thought that was the truth according to them and now there is another truth and I feel stupid. I don't know how else to put this for how I feel.

and how do you know the drug talk in the book will be front and center? what if that's just 5% of the book and 95% is about how a wonderful person Michael is? that tv interview wasn't a book preview.

I understand what you mean. People do seem to keep changing their stories and I find it confusing when I just want to know the truth and understand what happened to Michael. The book could be 95% positive but I worry that the small 5% will get all the attention. So many times the good seems to get ignored.

Hate and disrespect is reigning within the fan community.

Where did the L.O.V.E. go?

Nothing Frank says in his book, no matter how positive can redeem them in the eyes of many fans, me included.

thank you for stating the obvious that you are reflecting your opinions based on another subject to this book and simply was waiting for a chance to bad mouth the cascio's regardless of their name being Eddie, Frank or their mother.

Back