Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011 / Excerpt posted at @pg151

Actually, he said, "Don't ever write a book on my life or you'll be in trouble".

That is different from what has been posted here before. Where was that quote from?

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011 / Excerpt posted at @pg151

That is different from what has been posted here before. Where was that quote from?

It was from the Q & A session with Frank. Though after listening to it again, it was more like "Don't ever write a book on my life or you're gonna be in trouble". But I think the point's still the same.

i think frank knows michael and he knew if it werent ok or it were ok. So now the book is here i believe he believes michael is ok with it. He wouldnt do anything also in death to michael to harm him/. So why keep attacking frank?

Also agree ivy its about the book, and not eddie is on the stand/QA
Maybe someday we can ask eddie about it

Actually, he said, "Don't ever write a book on my life or you'll be in trouble".
It was from the Q & A session with Frank. Though after listening to it again, it was more like "Don't ever write a book on my life or you're gonna be in trouble". But I think the point's still the same.
LOL- Why would Frank make a ridiculas statement like that to fans when he is trying to promote his book to them.
That would be like shooting himself in the foot _ Frank is not dumb. He clearly said MJ said dont ever write a book while Im alive. Wether true or not Frank would never make that statement when promoting this book. Fans would rail if he ever made such a statement. So logic common sense and our own ears tell us he didnt.

FRANK has defended and brought the wonderful human side of Michael to life more so than ANYONE up to this point. I'm thankful for that!! To be honest many fans have hurt Michael legacy. (If this is not you don't take offense, its not everyone).. There have been so many fans that have helped people believe that Michael and the people that fallow him are crazy... At least Frank is out making Michael human to the public which makes him seem more normal than he's appeard for a long time

i think frank knows michael and he knew if it werent ok or it were ok. So now the book is here i believe he believes michael is ok with it. He wouldnt do anything also in death to michael to harm him/. So why keep attacking frank?

Also agree ivy its about the book, and not eddie is on the stand/QA
Maybe someday we can ask eddie about it

It's hard to say what Michael would or would not have wanted, regardless of whether Frank, the Jackson family or whoever knows Michael. One cannot just assume that just because several close or "close" friends think it's alright to write books about Michael, means that Michael himself would be fine with it.

I won't know if Frank would go out of his way to "harm" Michael, but whatever his intentions were, in the end, it only seemed to hurt Michael's reputation even further. It seems to me that it's really the fans that are going out of their way to protect Frank's reputation and saying, well, maybe we need to stop painting Michael in that perfect light.

LOL- Why would Frank make a ridiculas statement like that to fans when he is trying to promote his book to them.
That would be like shooting himself in the foot _ Frank is not dumb. He clearly said MJ said dont ever write a book while Im alive. Wether true or not Frank would never make that statement when promoting this book. Fans would rail if he ever made such a statement. So logic common sense and our own ears tell us he didnt.

there was over talking and joking about it and people picking one sentence. he also said I wouldn't have written a book when he's alive and that was our deal as well. I agree that it wasn't crystal clear. but he also mentioned a deal and etc.

Well that's what I thought, and also I was confused because when he is quoted earlier in this thread it was very much along the lines of 'in his lifetime'.

Okay I love the Bread story. I wish Michael were around my nephews & niece to make them appreciate Bread cause I never could lol. If u already know the story great. If you don't then buy the book, heh.

There are sooo many wonderful stories in this book and I honestly feel like I know Michael more after reading it.. For those who deside not to read it are missing out! simply because a few topics that they refuse to read out of either discomfort of there own personal reasons or afraid...

To me its funny how some fans state NO that person is wrong, thats not true thats not true, but put there fingers in there ears to anyone and anything that is not a glorifying story about MJ.. and I ask how can anyone claime to know so much when they refuse to hear it ALL.. That is a biase opinion and point of view..

Thats like going to court and skipping the day you'd hear things that you dont want to.. yet still feel like they could make a fair judgement!

I am almost certain I heard Frank say that Michael said don't make a book "while I am alive". I agree with you Qbee that if he said otherwise, he would be "shooting himself in the foot". I also think that whether that statement is true is another story... I mean would Frank really say otherwise? But besides that, I think he was trying to imply that MJ would be ok with him writing this book after his death. :worried: Ok.

About the tracks: Guys, I know alot of you are still reeling about those tracks. (I understand. I am as well.) However, we have to keep things in their proper thread. Just because someone was related doesn't mean they know what goes on in their family members life (MJ and his family is a clear example of this). I think I even read that Frank was not even there when MJ supposedly recorded those tracks with Eddie. (Someone can correct me if I am wrong). Therefore, in a thread about Frank and his book, we can't keep crossing over to Eddie and his tracks just because they share the same last name.

Please keep the Cascio track talk out of this thread. Seriously, please keep it out of the thread.

Thank you.

I'm still finding it hard to believe that MJ stayed with the impression that Frank betrayed him when he thought he didn't want to tesify in his favor even after the trial was over and done until he spoke to him about it two yrs later. o_O Knowing full well that MJ talked to T-mez daily how was he not informed about this and the reason why according to Frank? I don't think we have the full or real story behind this. I think there was much more to MJ's feelings towards Frank then what he is saying during that time and why MJ felt a certain way about him. Maybe it has to do with what T-mez said in court about Frank and parties at neverland and letting people in his home?

By the way was that the only rumor he addressed? How about the other things about Frank floating around? (And no I don't mean the tracks) Why only address MJ personal ish and not his own? Just saying!

Last edited:

There are sooo many wonderful stories in this book and I honestly feel like I know Michael more after reading it.. For those who deside not to read it are missing out! simply because a few topics that they refuse to read out of either discomfort of there own personal reasons or afraid...

To me its funny how some fans state NO that person is wrong, thats not true thats not true, but put there fingers in there ears to anyone and anything that is not a glorifying story about MJ.. and I ask how can anyone claime to know so much when they refuse to hear it ALL.. That is a biase opinion and point of view..

Thats like going to court and skipping the day you'd hear things that you dont want to.. yet still feel like they could make a fair judgement!

I think the behaviour of fans stating what is true and what is false about their idol is common amongst all fans. We tend to listen to the close friends of Michael who speak positive of him, and immediately reject any negativity from other close friends. Sort of being very selective about what they will or won't believe, but nonetheless, every fan only chooses to accept the stories that support their own personal biased view of Michael.

But I don't necessarily believe this is the case for all fans. I do believe that some genuinely respect Michael's privacy a lot.

FRANK has defended and brought the wonderful human side of Michael to life more so than ANYONE up to this point. I'm thankful for that!! To be honest many fans have hurt Michael legacy. (If this is not you don't take offense, its not everyone).. There have been so many fans that have helped people believe that Michael and the people that fallow him are crazy... At least Frank is out making Michael human to the public which makes him seem more normal than he's appeard for a long time

Actually Elizabeth Taylor is the one who has defended Michael more then anybody else...........

She been fighting for MJ since the first extortion attempt in 1993 and she personally looked after Michael when the same allegations made him seriously ill!!!!

The thing about Ms. Taylor you said it yourself.. "WAS" she sadly isnt here to showcase Michaels human side.. she was a beautiful person.. personally am very thankful that Frank was in Michaels life, for reasons you would have to read to book to understand.. Liz had her own life and was there for Michael.. But Franks life WAS MICHAEL.. he worked for him, he was there for it all.. EVEN in 1993..

Ms. Taylor like Frank when MJ was alive would only speak of MJ in glorifying ways.. We cant say what she would be revealing now.. and if its something inperfect about him, it doesnt mean it would be bad

Haha, sorry. I took another listen (even recorded the thing on my computer so I wouldn't have to wait another round to listen), and you're right, he says, "Don't ever write a book while I'm alive or you know--you're in trouble".

Haha, sorry. I took another listen (even recorded the thing on my computer so I wouldn't have to wait another round to listen), and you're right, he says, "Don't ever write a book while I'm alive or you know--you're in trouble".

Thanks, so we are all agreed. Maybe we could bookmark this page in case it comes up again :hysterical:

Wow thank you for taking the time to have another listen and most of all for admitting your mistake
many fans would never do that. I appreciate that trait in a person :)

Originally Posted by ivy
he realizes now.

I think when you read it it's like he sees a doctor to come in with 2 other doctors, setting up equipment to help Michael sleep. He realizes today and thinks that it was Propofol. Later an anesthologist also tells him that he's put Michael to sleep and ease him out of it. He now realizes that it was Propofol. I mean it's like description of how you give Propofol fits to what he has seen.
He realizes? :scratch:Hmmmmmmmmm :thinking: :fear: If he realizes and not has absolutely sure about that, this matter should have stayed out of the book. :unsure: :doh: Or not? :fear: In my opinion if you not has absolutely sure, you should keep your mouth shut. Fact! It's very simple. -_-

This reminds me so well of Schmuley.....

This reminds me so well of Schmuley.....

What a coincidence:
mj2011frankcascioshmule.jpg

Ok, off to listening a 4th time...Wanna know for sure...:busted:. Hope I still can find it somewhere.

Am I really the only one who heard something else? Tssk.

I'm still finding it hard to believe that MJ stayed with the impression that Frank betrayed him when he thought he didn't want to tesify in his favor even after the trial was over and done until he spoke to him about it two yrs later. o_O Knowing full well that MJ talked to T-mez daily how was he not informed about this and the reason why according to Frank? I don't think we have the full or real story behind this. I think there was much more to MJ's feelings towards Frank then what he is saying during that time and why MJ felt a certain way about him. Maybe it has to do with what T-mez said in court about Frank and parties at neverland and letting people in his home?

they talked after the trial according to Frank. He says Michael called and talked to them after the verdict and they started talking in 2006 as well. In some instances it's Michael avoid Frank and in some instance Frank avoid Michael (such as he doesn't go the christmas in Bahrain). There's an event that Michael calls to invite Frank to Ireland, and then Raymone Bain calling to say him don't come etc etc. It's just that Frank and Michael didn't meet up and discuss the issue till 2007 August. It's also said multiple instances that Michael doesn't like confrontation. And Frank actually believes the phone calls Michael did in 2006 was actually his way of reaching out by avoiding confrontation. It's Frank that kinda forces Michael to talk about it in 2007.

By the way was that the only rumor he addressed? How about the other things about Frank floating around? (And no I don't mean the tracks) Why only address MJ personal ish and not his own? Just saying!

I wrote in the review that he said
- there have been rumors about Frank taking throwback (money for setting up meetings with Michael)
- problems with people he invited to neverland

what I didn't wrote
- he also says they were in competition for "fish" (woman).

so what is the other stuff about frank that floats around that he didn't mention? neverland parties are in the book (in detail), michael not liking some people he invited is in the book, claims of taking money table is in the book, going after the same woman is in the book.

Believe me I totally understand the mixed emotion. I was trying to be critical and I thought well Michael probably wouldn't want his love life to be written but then I also thought okay but what's the harm in that? Wasn't it okay when Diddy said Michael came to holla at Beyonce? So what if he liked other woman as well? and it was kept nice and short with no real details.

And that pot story yes probably over sharing but honestly I was laughing when I read he first tried it because he was intrigued after Barry Gibbs told him he writes the best songs after smoking pot. and you probably read that I worked for famous musicians they used to say the same thing. It's such a rock n roll cliche. And Michael comparing it to a peace pipe - btw Indians smoked tobacco not pot - to me it was hilarious. for the lack of better words it made him look normal and like a average curious Joe.

I don't want to be rude but you are just kidding, right?

We are talking about a man who preferred to be considered as being a virgin than talking about his love life.
And no, I am not saying he was a virgin :doh:

I don't want to be rude but you are just kidding, right?

We are talking about a man who preferred to be considered as being a virgin than talking about his love life.
And no, I am not saying he was a virgin :doh:

I wrote " I thought well Michael probably wouldn't want his love life to be written", I clearly acknowledged what you are saying.

and although you are right that Michael didn't answer that question on Oprah, it doesn't mean that he never acknowledged it.

You are forgetting that :
- Michael was sitting next to Lisa Marie when she said they were having sex
- Michael himself said he was intimate with Debbie.

So he talked about his sex life himself as well. He wrote about the woman he dated in his own autobiography. he mentioned brooke shields and another girl on Oprah.

It wasn't again black and white as you make it sound like. Yes he did not answer "virgin" question but a few years later he was saying he is having sex on national tv.

then I asked what is the harm in saying that? What was the harm that Diddy saying Michael came to holla at Beyonce?

And what is the harm that Frank saying he liked woman? and the only things he said he had crushes, kissed and made out, and probably had a romantic relationship with one woman about a year. I said that it was kept nice and short with no real details.

I don't want to be rude , but aren't you just nit picking for the sake of trying to find something to hate on?

^^^^^The harm is that Frank doesn't have a clue about Michael's love/sex life, that's the harm.

I don't want to be rude , but aren't you just nit picking for the sake of trying to find something to hate on?

maybe, but somebody gives me more fuel than I'd want

they talked after the trial according to Frank. He says Michael called and talked to them after the verdict and they started talking in 2006 as well. In some instances it's Michael avoid Frank and in some instance Frank avoid Michael (such as he doesn't go the christmas in Bahrain). There's an event that Michael calls to invite Frank to Ireland, and then Raymone Bain calling to say him don't come etc etc. It's just that Frank and Michael didn't meet up and discuss the issue till 2007 August. It's also said multiple instances that Michael doesn't like confrontation. And Frank actually believes the phone calls Michael did in 2006 was actually his way of reaching out by avoiding confrontation. It's Frank that kinda forces Michael to talk about it in 2007.
Okay but, my question was how come MJ didn't know what was the truth until after the trial was over? Why wouldn't MJ know the reason why Frank didn't testify from his own lawyer who he talk to daily. I find it sad that MJ stressed over something that according to Frank wasn't true and explains T-mez told him not to testify yet MJ is the last to know...it was MJs trial how could he not be told this? =/

I wrote in the review that he said
- there have been rumors about Frank taking throwback (money for setting up meetings with Michael)
- problems with people he invited to neverland

what I didn't wrote
- he also says they were in competition for "fish" (woman).

so what is the other stuff about frank that floats around that he didn't mention? neverland parties are in the book (in detail), michael not liking some people he invited is in the book, claims of taking money table is in the book, going after the same woman is in the book.
Thanks for clearing that up! I didn't know he mentioned the girl Joanna or does he? Or does he gloss over it like they had competition and that's it over some girls? And about the parties and people he invited that MJ wasn't to happy about did he say he was wrong about that? Does he deny taking money to set meeting up with MJ with others? Cause I truly feel these reasons were proably why MJ felt that Frank not wanting to testify was true since he had issues with him before and about the other rumors of him going behind MJs back on things. Does he make that connection in the book at all or does he put the blame squarely on others who he had said tried to come between MJ and him?

Yup, he said 'while I'm alive'. Makes more sense indeed, especially after saying that that was a part of the deal. I blame my forrunners ears. I mostly concentrate on what is being said and not always get the context.

Sorry for the confusion..;D

But I want to say just one more thing: There was only one expert on Michael Jackson, and that was Michael Jackson himself.

^^^^^The harm is that Frank doesn't have a clue about Michael's love/sex life, that's the harm.

and you know this how?

Okay but, my question was how come MJ didn't know what was the truth until after the trial was over? Why wouldn't MJ know the reason why Frank didn't testify from his own lawyer who he talk to daily. I find it sad that MJ stressed over something that according to Frank wasn't true and explains T-mez told him not to testify yet MJ is the last to know...it was MJs trial how could he not be told this? =/

he left for Bahrain soon after and Frank says in the book other than calling them on the verdict day he never discussed the trial with them. by all accounts it was terrible experience for him, perhaps it wasn't something he was willing to have discussions about with anyone.

Thanks for clearing that up! I didn't know he mentioned the girl Joanna or does he? Or does he gloss over it like they had competition and that's it over some girls?

no names, everything is general and short and with no details. and she's married and has a child now I believe. there's no need to drag her into his book imo.

And about the parties and people he invited that MJ wasn't to happy about did he say he was wrong about that?

yes , also details the fights with Michael, being asked to leave neverland etc.

I know some might not agree with me but I found it a lot more realistic and believable then jermaine's I was his backbone statement.

Does he deny taking money to set meeting up with MJ with others?

yes he denies it.

Cause I truly feel these reasons were proably why MJ felt that Frank not wanting to testify was true since he had issues with him before

all of the other issues seems to be resolved between them as Michael doesn't fire him and keeps him around. It seems like those issues were resolved rather quickly as I wrote before. But who's to say it didn't stay in the corner of Michael's mind and then came back. Only Michael would know.

and about the other rumors of him going behind MJs back on things.

that neverland event is actually Frank going behind MJs back.

Does he make that connection in the book at all or does he put the blame squarely on others who he had said tried to come between MJ and him?

in the neverland event he acknowledges what he had done and that it was bold , risky etc. For the others throwback and not testifying , he blames others well because Michael said him someone told him this and that.

I see some of you are taking "don't write a book while I'm alive" ad litteram. But Michael didn't say either, "you can write a book about me after I die". If some understand that after MJ died, Frank can write a book, I have the right to understand the opposite. So, I prefer to understand the other version, "do not write books about me". However, from my point of view, Frank didn't have to say "while I'm alive" to make me buy his book. I would never spend money on such a book. I better help a poor child with that money.

Back