Frank DiLeo Speaks about AEG shows and the Day MJ Died

I read about propofol and heart a doctor speaking about it in an interview. He clearly stated that Propofol helps you sleep, but this will be a restless sleep. Waking up won't make you feel energetic. So why would Michael beg for this stuff if he wouldn't feel better waking up?
For someone rehearsing intensivly for 50 shows to come (not discussing the fact if he did or didnot want to do them...let's see the 50 shows as a fact), I guess it's more than important to feel energetic.
As some others have mentioned, there are other drugs which will make you feel "high".

I therefor do not think it was Michaels choice to receive Propofol, especially not in combination with the risks involved. So what about the notes found? Don't know, if this is all set up, someone could have copied his handwriting....

but Vic.. isnt there court testimony from HIStory era that MJ had used propofol for sleeping even as far back as then??

also.. toxicology results should be able to test MJs hair to see how long he'd been taking propofol for

I too tho am uneasy about how that Nurse Lee came forward and suddenly everythings about propofol.. didnt they "suddenly" find a cabinet full on the second search!?!? thats a bit sus...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

quoting Victoria83:

"I just can't imagine anyone using a general anesthetic for a sleep-aid, or at least certainly not nightly. It makes a person groggy and it would take days to recover."

I have to concur with Mechi, Diprivan/Propofol does not work like other anesthetics, it does not cause prolonged drowsiness. That's why so much is being written in medical journals now about interns and residents illicitely(sp) using it. I've had it also, you are awake within minutes, and very little grogginess; within a really short period of time you're pretty much back to normal, that's why it is being abused by medical people that have to sleep and then have to be mentally functional again rapidly. Basically it's a quick but often times dangerous "fix" if not done in a monitored situation because of it's ability to cause respiratory depression (even arrest) while it is INFUSING.

If Michael were receiving it say from 3am-9am, by the time he ate his breakfast he would be able to function quite normally around his children/house, etc. And by afternoon he could be going out and about, and get to rehearsals (especially if they started in the early evening). What clouds the picture is what else is in his system at the same time, especially any other type of pain/sleep/anxiety meds, now those could/would alter the equation far more than the Diprivan. And I'm certainly not inferring Michael was an "addict", but quite like a large portion of the general public that does use sleep/pain/anxiety meds legitimately, prescribed legitimately, and for legitimate reasons, and KNOWN by the physician(s) that are treating whatever issue.

When we admit people to the hospital, all currently taken prescribed meds are entered into the pharmacy knowledge bank. Perhaps some would be surprised, but the use of anti-depressants, anti-anxiety, and pain control meds are taken by a large portion of the general public, honestly. It is not viewed as anything unusual at all, so it shouldn't be viewed as unusual if also true in Michael's case, especially knowing his previous injuries, stress, etc.

When it does become dangerous is when multiple docs are writing multiple prescriptions for different things without knowledge of what current medications are being taken/prescribed by other docs.

Good post BGZ.

Victoria, what you're saying is that Murray intentionally administered the Diprivan but WHY? If he didn't mean to kill him, why give it to him? Yeah I got the detox thing but even if it was true that Mike was addicted to anything, why would Murray try to detox him in the first place? Was he trying to SAVE him? To HELP him? Somehow I can't believe that. That would make AEG the good guys, like they were trying to get him to focus and work on the tour but he was off in his own world? Doesn't sound right to me.

As State of Shock said, there are a LOT of things that don't add up or make sense.... Starting with the Diprivan - which wasn't heard of until that nurse came out talking about it ( or at least I haven't heard anything) and only after that Murray reportedly admitted he administered it.

All of this just makes my head hurt, I wish the damn police released something about what they're doing already.:doh:

but Vic.. isnt there court testimony from HIStory era that MJ had used propofol for sleeping even as far back as then??

also.. toxicology results should be able to test MJs hair to see how long he'd been taking propofol for

I too tho am uneasy about how that Nurse Lee came forward and suddenly everythings about propofol.. didnt they "suddenly" find a cabinet full on the second search!?!? thats a bit sus...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I am completely unaware of any such report. Certainly not a court testimony. There was one deposition Michael did. . I think it was around 2007? where he admitted that he might have been impaired from medication when he signed certain contracts. (It's findable by Googling Michael Jackson depositions). But that wouldn't have been from Propofol. Propofol knocks a person completely out. Early on there was a doctor (forget his name now. Might look it up later) that Anderson Cooper's show wanted to question about this (Propofol and HIStory tour). He said, "No comment." And he hasn't confirmed, at all.

I don't know if Propofol would show up in hair. I read someplace that it would show up in fatty tissue and brain-matter.

Yeah, they "suddenly" found a cabinet of Propofol on the second search. AFTER the nurse had spouted that all over the talk-shows. If Murray was clearing up "evidence," wouldn't have have cleared THAT out? And tossed any computer records? I don't mean clearing the desk-top, but tossing said computers into a RIVER. Very, very strange. All of it.

Nothing's clear on WHY his NUTRIONIST would suddenly mention PROPOFOL. That's why I was so confused by everything. It's a mess. I think the reason the LAPD continues to investigate the doctor and everything it's because they're trying to be sure of the timeline because the media reports of it don't make sense.

Nothing's clear on WHY his NUTRIONIST would suddenly mention PROPOFOL. That's why I was so confused by everything. It's a mess. I think the reason the LAPD continues to investigate the doctor and everything it's because they're trying to be sure of the timeline because the media reports of it don't make sense.

This is something I don't understand, either (why the nutritionist would mention Propofol. She couldn't have prescribed it to Michael, anyway. She is just a nurse). There is so much that makes no sense!

This is something I don't understand, either (why the nutritionist would mention Propofol. She couldn't have prescribed it to Michael, anyway. She is just a nurse). There is so much that makes no sense!

And how when the LAPD searched the house, they didn't find the "propofol", then someone, presumably his doctor (if we can believe Harvey's dumb a$$, I STILL don't trust TMZ) said it, they "suddenly find it". The way the reports go, the dude perjured himself into a charge but why would he and then have an attorney? And why were the family allowed to take things out before they investigated the "scene of the crime". Everything I'm hearing sounds very tabloid-ish to me. LOTS of it. It's like a three-ring circus.

I am completely unaware of any such report. Certainly not a court testimony. There was one deposition Michael did. . I think it was around 2007? where he admitted that he might have been impaired from medication when he signed certain contracts. (It's findable by Googling Michael Jackson depositions). But that wouldn't have been from Propofol. Propofol knocks a person completely out. Early on there was a doctor (forget his name now. Might look it up later) that Anderson Cooper's show wanted to question about this (Propofol and HIStory tour). He said, "No comment." And he hasn't confirmed, at all.

i think elusive made me aware of it.. but cant remember what she said now..

this is a total f'ing mess :bugeyed

i'm mad.. i want answers.. its a joke.. i cant stand it

i feel like all i know FOR SURE is
*MJs health was deteriorating
*mj was acting strangely, cancelling rehearsals, not turning up, turning up late
* MJ spoke to fans and said he was very upset about the no of shows
* MJ lost way too much weight and had become skeletol (even tho i cant tell from the photos.. fans saw him without jackets on)

BUT APART FROM THIS>> WHAT THE HELL ELSE WAS GOING ON UUUURRRRHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH
*why weight loss?
*what drugs?
* what the hell were his managers telling him?

they left the house unsealed for days because they assumed it was a classic case of overdose...or simply a heart attack

But then again, you hear other reports that MJ was "doing well" and that he was "excited" about the shows even though he told his chef that they were overworking him. Like I said, I feel like most of the reports I'm hearing is gossip and not really news.

Yeah, they "suddenly" found a cabinet of Propofol on the second search. AFTER the nurse had spouted that all over the talk-shows. If Murray was clearing up "evidence," wouldn't have have cleared THAT out? And tossed any computer records? I don't mean clearing the desk-top, but tossing said computers into a RIVER. Very, very strange. All of it.

Hmm, Janet and Latoya went to the house to get MJ's stuff before the second search. Latoya allegedly took MJ's song's (MJ's computer, etc). These investigators want to tell me Latoya didn't find profanol in the closet or maybe she found them and left them there, does't make sense to me. Also Janet and Latoya went to the house before the nurse went on TV. Something doesn't add up.

^^ Thank you. If Murray had "cleared up evidence", he didn't do a good job of it or maybe he didn't do much of a job at all. The timeline is f***ed up.

Well, if Murray really just messed up and he realized it and tried to clear out the evidence it's unlikely he missed all those drugs - unless they were stashed away and he didn't know they were there or if someone else planted them in those few days following. It seems impossible for him just to 'forget' to take those when he remembered to call his associates to clear out his office in Las Vegas...

Well, if Murray really just messed up and he realized it and tried to clear out the evidence it's unlikely he missed all those drugs - unless they were stashed away and he didn't know they were there or if someone else planted them in those few days following. It seems impossible for him just to 'forget' to take those when he remembered to call his associates to clear out his office in Las Vegas...

I think Janet and Latoya went to MJ's house the 3rd or 4th day after MJ died, so MJ's enablers had 4 days to clean up their mess. There is no way they didn't look in his closet. Remember, the Chef said security told them to leave the house immediately when the paramedics arrived, someone cleaned up Murrays mess.

but what would be the point of clearing out drugs when he admitted himself he gave MJ propofol.. isnt that right? i read the police couldnt believe he was willing to incriminate himself

but what would be the point of clearing out drugs when he admitted himself he gave MJ propofol.. isnt that right? i read the police couldnt believe he was willing to incriminate himself

I KNOW. This is so strange. I'm trying to formulate a theory about it, but have come up dry. Does anyone remember the date the nurse started to blab on tv about Propofol? And the date it was "found?"

Also, did the doctor admit he administered Propofol before or AFTER the nurse went on tv? Anyone remember?

I just can't see how the cops didn't find it on the first search. It WAS a search, right? Unless it was planted later? But, for what reason would someone plant it? Did that have to do with what was or wasn't covered by insurance? Oh wait! How about THIS? Maybe "death-by-Propofol" isn't technically a drug-overdose, but the doctor's negligence? Propofol is known to stop a person's breathing, even if it isn't an "overdose." So is the insurance policy somehow the answer? I'll betcha, somehow. . . . .

I KNOW. This is so strange. I'm trying to formulate a theory about it, but have come up dry. Does anyone remember the date the nurse started to blab on tv about Propofol? And the date it was "found?"

Also, did the doctor admit he administered Propofol before or AFTER the nurse went on tv? Anyone remember?

I just can't see how the cops didn't find it on the first search. It WAS a search, right? Unless it was planted later? But, for what reason would someone plant it? Did that have to do with what was or wasn't covered by insurance? Oh wait! How about THIS? Maybe "death-by-Propofol" isn't technically a drug-overdose, but the doctor's negligence? Propofol is known to stop a person's breathing, even if it isn't an "overdose." So is the insurance policy somehow the answer? I'll betcha, somehow. . . . .

If I was clear, the nurse said this like the week following his death, they found the propofol a few days later. :huh:

The nurse went on TV, then the guy from the coroner's office went to MJ house and found profonol, :scratch:

awww i wish mama, but since it was administered in an illegal setting, the policy is void.

If Murray told the cops about propofol on the day of and 3 days after the passing, then the cops should have gone to the house and found it, to corrobrate etc. I mean they impounded his car, why not search the house too?

I think we are gaining erroneous, misleading information from the rags out there and that is why we are so confused.

But that nurse, I don't trust her, and I can't formulate a theory as to why she's fabricating. I don't know. We need a background check on her.

One thing that has crossed my mind is whether Murray may have been/is "pharmacologically" impaired himself.? Not meaning he was taking propofol himself, but because of his multitude of financial and "personal" issues, who knows if his judgement wasn't impaired by "medications" of whatever other nature?

I say this only because my maid of honor when I married is a nurse anesthetist, her husband an anesthesiologist, and they both have talked about using medications readily for sedation and whatever, when they fly, for stress, and just about anything else. I was pretty shocked at that, especially since they know I have an extreme aversion to taking anything besides the occasional antibiotic when indicated. But they both admit to using "pharmacological" assistance whenever they feel the need. The behind the scenes medical world is not all about healing the sick sometimes, it is often a means unto itself.

And as for where Murray went after leaving the hospital, and how he got there, hasn't it been reported that his latest "baby momma" lives in the LA area? Maybe she picked him up at the hospital and that's where he went? Maybe he was shaken enough to not get his car at Michael's home, but that whole scenario immediately raises a whole lot of questions that don't sit right, imo. There's just too many unanswered questions that make me think there's foul play, although I'm not completely jumping on a conspiracy theory either.

If Murray told the cops about propofol on the day of and 3 days after the passing, then the cops should have gone to the house and found it, to corrobrate etc. I mean they impounded his car, why not search the house too?

I think we are gaining erroneous, misleading information from the rags out there and that is why we are so confused.

But that nurse, I don't trust her, and I can't formulate a theory as to why she's fabricating. I don't know. We need a background check on her.

Agreed. Someone do a background check on the nurse? And sure, if they impounded the car, why not search the house, too?

Makes NO sense, that Murray would clean out storage unit, but then fail to clean out his closet at Michael's house? If the Propofol was planted, I'm still not understanding why?

We definitely don't have all the pieces of the puzzle as yet for one. Plus, I think alot of reports are misleading, so that confuses. I am sure that in time more pieces will fall into place. And I hope that includes the piece of the suspicious nurse.

y would he use that as the cause of death? it implicates him in a major way. i don't think it was planted. he wasn't at the home so they impounded his car at teh request of the family.

the nurse has been checked out. she's the ONLY one they took records from that is NOT an active suspect. she's the one who gave them CORROBORATION and from another source that mj did try to get diprivan on his own for use.

so y would she lie? u have someone actively participating, has nothing to hide, is speaking to media and her story has never changed

then u got someone who ran off, refused to call tod, his behaviour was suspicious the day of mj's death/murder, his background is shady, his family background is shadier, and now he's in hiding.

which is the logical suspect?

Sometimes all is not as it seems. I don't know why she would lie, but I don't trust her either. I don't trust how she ran to the media with this thing first. I don't trust that as soon as she opened her mouth propofol was found. I don't trust that she is saying MJ called her for adverse symptoms one Sunday when reports are stated otherwise (especially when she is not someone versed in propofol and he has a personal doctor). I do NOT trust her loose lips. My spirit is just not at ease when it comes to her reports. There is something else there that needs to be uncovered (and probably will be).

Nor do I think she is the only one records are obtained from who is not a suspect.

How could Murray not be in hiding? He is under tremendous pressure and scrutiny, guilty of any intentional crime or not, it's the obvious thing to do. And if it all were an accident of course he still would be suspicious and scared. Not to mention he has smudged the laws of medical ethics (which unfortunately other Drs do daily) and this is also being uncovered.

I wholeheartedly agree. Something's not right about that nurse.

Back