Funeral Information

This is from an article on yahoo, apparently they can't bury him in Neverland anyway...

"It was unclear whether Jackson could be legally buried at the ranch. The state's health and safety code makes interring any uncremated remains outside of a cemetery a misdemeanor. Cremated remains can be kept in a home or private mausoleum outside a cemetery.
It was not possible to rule out that Jackson's body might return to the ranch, either for the private service or a burial sometime in the future, if the family can get the go-ahead from state and local officials."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_michael_jackson

The Jackson family are expecting 1 million people according to their spokesperson.

A particular 'reporter' just stated on CNN that he can confirm that the public viewing will be on Tuesday at the Staples Centre, and that it will be announced later this evening. CNN though says it cannot confirm that info right now.

Everyone's speculating on Michael Jackson's funeral. We know three things for sure.

-- it won't be until next week
-- it will not be at Neverland
-- it will be in the L.A. area, and the Staples Center is an option but it hasn't been decided.

courtesy tmz

Beyond that -- the family still hasn't made its decision.

Just seen this on CNN:

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's memorial service will take place Tuesday morning in the Staples Center, the 20,000-seat coliseum in downtown Los Angeles where Jackson rehearsed his show the night before he died, according to a person who has been briefed by a representative of the family.
Michael Jackson was rehearsing at Los Angeles' Staples Center. His memorial will now be there.

corner_wire_BL.gif

The news comes amid the frenzy of confusing and conflicting information that has followed the death of Jackson.
Wednesday began with clarity on two fronts. The day ended, however, with more questions than answers.
A federal law enforcement official said Wednesday night that the Drug Enforcement Administration had joined Jackson's death investigation, once again fanning speculation that drugs may have been involved in the pop icon's passing.
Earlier in the day, the Jackson family said they would not hold a public or private viewing of his body at Neverland Ranch, as had been reported. They didn't indicate where else or when such a ceremony would be held.
And though Jackson's will, made public Wednesday, placed his entire estate in a family trust, the document that described the trust was not filed in Los Angeles Superior Court.

its official 10:00 am Staples Center LA... overflow is in the nokia center they will have big screens for those not able to make it into the center.

How can there be a funeral before the toxicology results?

Because I its a Jehova's witness thing.
They like to have funerals asap.
Also I personally think the family already know the results.

Anyway back to funeral info.

The Jackson's are having a public memorial in the Staples on tuesday.
Its a 90.000 seat stadium and as we knw its were Michael done the rehearsals.

The toxicology reports have absolutely nothing to do with the funeral, or timing of the funeral. It is not necessary to know WHY someone died to have a funeral. Just that they are . . . gone. I'm sure the investigation as to cause of death, and culpability, if any, of the doctor, will take a very long time. The funeral is a time to celebrate the LIFE.

Because I its a Jehova's witness thing.
its not. the body has been released u can bury it when ever u want doesnt matter about the tox reports.

theres no offical statement about tuesday yet. its like groundhog day when will fans learn about waiting for offical statements instead of running with the media

I agree guys. CNN is now running that a SOURCE says its Tuesday at 1pm... I say just wait for the official statement then do what you gotta do. If that IS the case, how early do you think people would be lining up? Geez I can see myself sleeping on a sidewalk already...

Just heard on Headline News that MJ's funeral is planned for Friday, July 3, 2009. There will be a public viewing at Neverland. Time is to be announced.

According to the news channels there is no confirmed information about the funeral ceremony yet, neither by the Jackson Family or any family relatives.

The only one word which is repeated all the times is PROPABLY !!!

According to the news channels there is no confirmed information about the funeral ceremony yet, neither by the Jackson Family or any family relatives.

The only one word which is repeated all the times is PROPABLY !!!

Sky is really annoying me talking about it so certainly. i raelly hope its at 1pm not in the morning because otherwise id be forced to miss it. PLEASE

^^ Well from what i know he hasn't been a part of that religion in years so not sure if it's what he would have wanted.

it doesn't matter, thats the only religion he has known and can relate to. You mentioned that he has not been apart of that religion for years, that may be true but if you listen to some of michaels music such as Stranger in the Moscow and Heal the world it has some references to the JW's. - and he hadn't been going for years.

Sorry for an ignorant question but is Michael actually being buried on tuesday,so he can finaly be at peace.

Back