Getting to Know You!

Re: Getting to know you!

Hi, everyone!

My name is Joy. I'm 17 years old and I just finished high school, attending college in the fall. I have loved Michael since I was born basically. I remember always listening to his music and watching his videos. I loved Ghosts as a kid. I'm happy to have joined here and become a part of this wonderful community.

Hi I'm Sam,

I'm from the North East of the UK not far from a place called Whitby. I'm 23 and work as a Health Care Assistant while I study to be a counsellor :)

I started listening to Michael in late 2002/early 2003 after coming across "Billie Jean" in a video game (and listening to it over and over and over and... well you get the picture!). Up until that point I only had a few basic memories of Mike; first in 1995 when I was around 8 I was in a school play ("The Pied Piper") and there was a dance routine in it where a bunch of kids dressed as rats danced to "Bad", second I remember watching the "Scream" video when it premiered and I also have a vague memory of flicking through the TV and coming across the tail end of Moonwalker and being really disappointed I'd missed it... but that was it.

Only really knowing 3 or 4 songs and nothing about the man himself I sat down with my mum to watch the living with Michael documentary the night it first aired and that's where everything changed - seeing what a kind, sincere and genuine person Michael was he instantly became my favorite artist, my role model and my source of comfort. I immediately started listening to him every day, buying all the albums and telling anyone who would listen how great he was (and defending him to the hilt) - since then I've never looked back!

Anyway thanks for letting me waffle on for a bit and introduce myself guys :)

So lovely to read all about you guys! :)

Hi, my name is Vi Long Nguyen (you can read it in English like "Great Dragon Nguyen"), I'm 19 y/o, I'm currently a student in college, major of Tourism subject. I'm MJ fan since 2005, after I watched a VHS tape "Video Greatest Hits" from my neighbour, he gave me that tape xD but actually, I already had listened to We Are The World song on TV since 1992, when i was only 1 y/o =)
Nice to meet you guys. I'm from Vietnam :)

Hey guys,

I'm Javik. Ive come from Max Jax. Glad to meat u all

Hi, my name is Susana. I live in Portugal and I´m 31. I began to hear Michael´s music when I was around 4 (and dying of fear of Thriller lol) but I´m really a fan just since my 15 years old with Earth Song. :) I just remember to loving that music.

Hi!
I'm Lorena, 24, From Bahia/Brazil. I live with my dad and we work together in our office.

First, I can't remember since when I'm a michael's fan... In all my entire life I can't remember another artist that I think about him for 24h/day..

Yes: books, movies (documentary, actually), conversation, laugh, travel (travel all the time = my dream)... but in another hand, I LOVE moments that I can just put my song, turn me off from world...

In November I'll travel to USA (english class). In the same time, to me is gonna be the most lovely moment that's gonna happens this year. Michael Jackson's country. And..how you guys can see...I really NEED english class (sorry for my fool english text).

For now, that's all =)

Hi, I guess I will introduce myself here (this is the right place??). I am "DWsoul" and I was just thinking about Michael and so I came upon here this place. I have been reading through some of the threads and you are a close community of friends, and this is good. I was afraid that would fall apart over the years since his transition. I want to celebrate the life, the activity, and preserve and continue the legacy of the man known as Michael Jackson. It is important that not only does the music and dance go into world history, but also that the mission be preserved and continued, and more importantly, acted upon. I will say this, he is/was a man of peace, but he is a warrior, and I know people who would have done anything possible to see him elected as a president, even if that is something he would not have wanted for himself (oh dear God, the STRESS!!). God bless him, so shy and quiet, but when he speaks, guess what? The WORLD listens! Yes yes I speak in present tense but that is ok. For me, he is NEVER "gone". I do not think that is even a remote possiblity. So, Michael? Here's to you. Your work WILL go on. Your words WILL be listened to, heeded, and acted on (Never forget who is SUPPOSED to be your speechwriter, mister). Are you going to make it back? Are you going to leave it to the people? That's for YOU to decide. And Michael? No matter WHAT happens with me, YOUR heart will go on. It's going to be okay. Remember HER.......

Hi my name is Rhonda I am a happily married mother of 3 and I am advid reader and writer. I also advicate for cancer research, parkinson research and continue to give a voice for domestic violence victims by sharing my story. I am working on a paranormal romance and loving every moment of it. I've been recently introduced to a wonderful group of people that have showed me to not accept things at face value, thus I am following my instincts and not allowing injustice to prevail! I am a fan and follower of Michael Jackson of which I just stated that injustice had been done. I am apart of Michael's army of L.O.V.E, we continue to spread the message that Michael whole heartly believed in. He asked us to look at the person in the mirror and make a change,to love each other for who we are, something so simple, but a lesson all the same. Next he wanted us to relize what we were doing to the planet and start with ourselfs to make a change too. Michael was a pioneer not only in the music industry but as a person as well. So I choose to use my voice to help the one that has none by finding and spreading ideas thoughts, theoies and the truth as i see it and maybe lift someone else up to look at their self in the mirror :)

^ Hi there :)
And welcome in MJJC :D

hiiii my name is Heather, I'm 20 years old and I've loved Michael since I was a baby. My parents played his music constantly so by the time I was old enough to have my own taste in music he was all I wanted to listen to.

I also love Britney Spears and Janet Jackson

Ciao

I am room, a 25-year-old fan from Australia (fan since 1991 - first era I recall from memory is Dangerous). I've been posting here and there for a while, and before that I had an account where I didn't post but just quietly read what others had to say. I'm a writer (not professionally) and endurance runner. I write poetry for Michael (I've written a lot of it over the course of the last two years) and also pursue various artistic endeavours based on Michael's inspiration (mostly ink and charcoal drawings).

Lovely to be amongst friends - local and abroad. Much love xxx

Hey, My name is Agnes (Agnieshka), im almost 30 y.o from Poland. Actually i am not quite new here.... but that's a long story. What about me would be good to say here: I graduated journalism & mass media in 2006 but never (thank God) did i work as a journalist. My main professional interests are marketing & PR. I "met" Michael when i was 9. in years 2002-2007 i had a MJ break i regret although i was following the trial in 2005 and i clearly remember those emotions...;p Michael is my true inspiration in life, my motivation. I happen to write a fanfiction;) & other creative things, i have huge imagination and i believe in so-called impossible. And i wouldn't be myself if i didn't add this - i am a "believer" (almost sure that here im in minority so ok, i'll remain"underground").
My other interests: fashion&creating image, history of Titanic 1912, criminology, animals. I support Unicef and one local fund for horses that are being retrieved from cruel death transports. At times i may be annoying, i write long, i am emotional & express it very often ;) But i have loads of LOVE in heart... i'm not so BAD.;)
Woman 100% ... That's all.

hey!, i'm Julia, I'm 16 (soon 17) years old and live in Germany. I still go to school and will get ready next year - finally ;)
i like reading, drawing, swimming and - of course - listening to michael jackson :jump:

I decided to join this community because i just wanted to get to know some of you :)

MJJCommunity Hello, I am writing to you from Italy.
Being part of this family is a dream I've realized only now,' cause I thought of not being able to manage a forum so important dedicated to Michael.
I have 37 years, I love Michael from 25 years.He has accompanied my life step by step and June 25, 2009 changed my life.
I never imagined feeling so 'empty and to be alone because I had never imagined my life without Michael,because I thought he was forever ...HE MISS EVERY DAY ,MISS EVERETHING OF HIM.. But he will be forever in our hearts ..

Michael Forever ..

I embrace you with love, is an honor and a privilege to love Michael and be part of this family.

L.O.V.E.

Hello! I'm Bre :holiday: I live in a pretty boring city in Ohio. I really enjoy Michael (obviously), watching movies, anime, and my cats. I'm 21 years old. Currently going to school and hoping to move to Chicago in the near future ^_^

Hey all!
You can call me Bella im 19 and a big MJ fan! :) i think i joined this a very long time ago like when i was 14 or something lol but i had family stuff going on so i stopped :( but glad to be back and being a newbie all over again lol x

Hello MJJC sisters and brothers,

My name is Kim and I am 49 years old. Looking at all the ages posted here, I feel like the mom of the group (hee hee). It's great to see Michael inspire so many people in different age groups.

I am from Chicago and am currently looking to relocate to Southern California. I have been working in Information Technology for the last several years; however, I am looking at making a career change. I have been a Michael fan since he was with the J5 and have continued to be a fan; however, there was a time period where I did divert in other directions musically (now I ask myself why), but I still loved Michael's music. Do I have regrets? Of course I do. Like so many other people, my world changed on June 25, 2009, thus I started to revisit Michael all over again; his music and everything. I found MJJC while connecting to people across the globe while on the internet after that day and have been here since. Previously I never visited any fan forums. While I can never go back in time, I can focus on here right now and from this point forward. I have made a vow (and a vow is very important) to always protect, defend, preserve and honor Michael's legacy. I do this on MJJC, other places and in my life in general. Michael inpires me to be the best "me". I honestly believe that I had a true awakening on that day. Michael came and grabbed my heart and has not let go since. I don't want him to. He said that we were his legacy. So I take that very seriously. This is not blind adoration for a celebrity in any sense of the word. Michael inspired millions of people when he was still here and he continues to inspire after he is gone. So he inspires me every day and I welcome the inspiration.

I love listening to music. I love all genres, but my favorite of course is Michael. I also love classical and new age where there is alot of violin, cello and flute. I also love yoga, being outdoors, volunteering, studying spirituality, writing and reading. I'm also working on not always being so left-brained or logical. I'm working on being more creative. I love all eras of Michael, but I have to say that Bad and Dangerous are my two favorite's if I had to absolutely pick something. :smilerolleyes::angel::wub:

Last edited:

Hello,

My Name Is Nicolas, I am 22 years Old. I'm Fan of the King Of Pop Since 2004.

Hello there! :ciao:

My name is Sammie, i'm from England and i'm 24 years old. Been a fan of MJ since 1994. Can't wait to get to know you all! :)

Im Mickie but I go by the name Qbee on the internet. I live in S.E Michigan USA. I try to stay busy becuase I refuse to be bored. I enjoy reading non-fiction and learning about everything I can. I enjoy a good debate over things Im passionate aboute. I like to decorate. Im good at crafts, needle work and sewing but havent done much of that for quite awhile. I love all kinds of music as long as its good music and I enjoy singing and dancing just for the pleasure it brings me. I also enjoy a Good movie.

I have been a dedicated fan of Michaels since mid 70's. I grew up with Michael more or less. I like to consider myself a legacy keeper or MJ Ambassador. Ive studied his life and career for many years and have all his music and a few collectables that I cherish. I love making MJ tribute videos, banners and backgrounds, although Im not a pro at it. I can can never choose a favorite album, song or era becuase I love them all so much. Its just too hard for me. I love Michael with all my heart. I think he the most Talented, Loving, Gracious. Generous and Sexiest Man to ever grace this planet.

I really enjoy the fellowship with the the fans and discussing everything about Michael. I am Sr. Staff on MJJC and I practically Live here so if you ever need help or someone to listen, feel free to PM anytime. I love the the fans so much and find lots of satisfaction and pride in being able to serve the members and this community.

I think I've been registered to this site for at least since sometime last year, but I've not posted haha. This mj forum community is on such a massive scale, so I don't know if I can call this place home yet.
My real name is Nathalie. I am a frequent member of the Positively Michael forum, and that's the place I've been michaeling all this time. Posmike is a smaller forum, but I like that forum since I know most members after being there since October 2011. My name is also applegirl on Positively Michael's forum.
I'm 22. I'm a medical student studying to be a medical biller. I live in Brooklyn, New York. Um, what else? I'm asian. I have two pets; a chihuahua and parrot. I only have Michael's Invincible cd, but I plan to buy the rest soon! :)
I can say I was testing the waters by exploring Michael's music in early Feburary 2009 after hearing about his TII tour, and I did like his music, but I didn't actually become a fan and start learning about him until the day he passed. He has definitely become one of my favorite artists, and I never get tired of listening to his music and the messages he sends through his lyrics. Well, that's it for now.

Hi! I'm Caroline, i'm 23 years old and huge MJ fan, obviously ;) Hm...my favorite era must be Dangerous; good music, nice hair (curls!), awesome tour, grrreat tour outfit! ...except for those blue pants...brr. Anyway, my absolute favorite song is "Who is it", and favorite quote is "I'll never let you part, for you're always in my heart". What else? Bah, I can't think of anything right now so I think I'm gonna stop here. I'm looking forward to hanging out with you here on this forum! :)

Peace out!

Here's something I should have done a long time ago.

Hi my name is Jennifer I'm 32 and from Pennsylvania, United States. I have been an MJ fan since the early 80s. But didn't become a true hardcore fan of his until the start of the HIStory Era. Where Michael became my total obsession. I have been a member of this site since it was still called the MJJ Forum. So I am a long time member of this site. I just went by another username when it was the forum. I L.O.V.E. almost all of Michael's songs. But my number 1 absolute favorite is Who Is It. That song has been like an obsession of mine. Ever since the night of the Oprah Interview 19 years ago. My top 3 favorite MJ eras have always been HIStory, Dangerous, and Bad. In that order. Because of my severe learning disabilities and my health and mental problems. My mental problems is all from what had happen to Michael. I have been suffering from really deep depression ever since that horrible June day. So because of that I am unable to work. And because of the car accident I was in when I was 16 I am unable to drive as well. Even if I could work. The only job that I had ever really wanted was to be an astronomer. Astronomy has been a major L.O.V.E. of mine ever since 1986 when I remember hearing about the return of Haley's Comet. Even though I am not an astronomer. I do know just as much about astronomy as a real astronomer does. It is one of my 3 major passions now. My other 2 passions is Michael Jackson and Bollywood. Or anything else that has to do with India. Bollywood is practically the only types of movies I watch now. Especially since all of my favorite living actors are all from India. And only does Bollywood movies. Shahrukh Khan is my number 1 favorite actor in the entire world. I L.O.V.E. him every single bit as much as I L.O.V.E. Michael. As for Hollywood all of my favorite stars are all gone now. Except for Betty White. Thank god she's still with us. My nationality is of English, Irish, Scottish, German, Austrian, Polish, and Russian. My mother's side of the family is of German, Irish, Scottish, and English descent. I am also Amish, Mennonite, and Pennsylvanian Dutch descent. Because of my mother's father's heritage. And my father's side is the rest. But I had always consider myself more Russian and Polish than the other countries I am part of. I absolutely L.O.V.E. the fact that I have both Russian and Polish blood in me. Especially Russian blood since Russia is like India for me. A country that I have such a huge major L.O.V.E. for. And one last thing about me is that I have 2 cats as pets. The one is an 8 years old female pure Chocolate point Siamese Cat name Cocopuff or Coco for short. My other one is also a female name Tabby. She is 16 years old and is half Tabby and half Calico. I think that is all I can think of that is about me right now.

I'm Eliza, that's not my real name but it kinda sounds like my real name, I got it years ago from my English teacher.
I'm 32 years old been a fan for 20 years. I love the Dangerous and History eras. I saw Michael twice in concert (History tour) and later again twice in London 2002 (@ the London Sony demo and the Killer Thriller party). And I met some lovely fans outside of Michael's hotel there. I would love to reconnect with them.
I used to post here under the name of 'raingirl' but something happened, I lost my password and had problems loggin in and just forgot to come here again.
I'm single, I love dogs, I have two of them and I'm hoping for a 3rd one asap.

Back