Glee Covers MJ Again - Update: Show to air Jan 31, 2012

Gleeks! All eyes and ears here please! We have some exciting news about the upcoming Michael Jackson Tribute episode, including SPOILERS about what songs will be sung!

Would you like to know more? Would ya? Would ya?!

Well, how's about you keep reading then….

WARNING: DON'T KEEP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW. DO NOT CONTINUE ON IF YOU WOULD RATHER BE SURPRISED BY THE SET LIST AND MAJOR PLOT POINTS OF THE EPISODE. IN FACT, JUST STOP READING THIS WARNING RIGHT NOW BECAUSE THE TEMPTATION MIGHT BE TOO GREAT FOR YOU TO WITHSTAND IF YOU KEEP GOING AND GOING AND GOING … STOP!!!

Now that that's taken care off…

On January 24, 2012 (mark your calenders), Michael Week comes to McKinley High. Turns out, the returning Trouble Tone ladies are a bit miffed that they missed out on the big Jackson tribute during sectionals and want a chance to do a few of the King of Pop's hits themselves. Maybe they should of thought of that before they high-tailed it out of the club out of pride.

But we digress…

There will be a whopping TWELVE MJ musical numbers performed, ranging from his early days with the Jackson 5 to some of his more recent hits.

Now, here is the good stuff. We know of two songs that will be performed and they are both pretty big doozies! The first comes from Darren Criss (swoon!), who will be belting out Wanna Be Startin' Something solo (swoon 2x!). Then, the Warblers will be BACK for a pretty epic (but still a secret) performance. And FINALLY, Rachel and Finn will have their first duet of the season as Cory Monteith and Lea Michele will take on the romantic ballad, I Just Can't Stop Loving You.

SQUEAL!!!! HA! We're super-duper excited for this!!!!

But c'mon! Someone needs to sing The Way You Make Me Feel! If not Darren Criss, maybe… Mark Salling?

What other songs do U hope they will perform in honor of MJ?

http://perezhilton.com/2011-12-13-spoilers-glee-michael-jackson-tribute-episode

Re: Glee Covers MJ Again

Whether the article is positive or negative, I cringe whenever scum like Perez Hilton mention Michael's name. Some people should just be banned from the privilege of even thinking about Michael, and I've got a list at least 2 miles long on who those people should be.

it's very exciting! I love Glee and can't wait to see this episode!

I like that their doin a tribute to him but to behonest I dont like Glee and I thought that the PYT cover was poor and I'm not that keen on the MITM cover

0RIp3H8euMU_0.jpg

'Glee' spoilers: Music from 'Michael' leaked--updated song list (AUDIO)

Alison Nadaud

Glee Examiner
December 20, 2011

The cast of "Glee" was busy getting a jump-start on the huge Michael Jackson tribute episode last week. Set to air January 24, the show will feature 12 songs from the Jackson family library. Yesterday, new audio from one of the songs leaked.
Listen to the "Glee" cast sing "Never Can Say Goodbye" to the left.
Dianna Agron finally gets a chance to sign with her own solo in the song. The entire New Directions cast gets to participate in the moving cover of this popular Jackson song.
With the addition of "Never Can Say Goodbye," we now know a total of five songs planned for the episode. Here is the full list as of today:

• Never Can Say Goodbye performed by Quinn and New Directions
  • BAD by Michael Jackson, performed by New Directions and Warblers.
  • Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' by Michael Jackson. Sung by Blaine.
  • I Just Can't Stop Loving You by Michael Jackson. Sung By Finn and Rachel.
  • Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson. Sung by Santana and Sebastian.
The Michael Jackson tribute episode airs January 24. 'Yes/No' airs January 17.

Spoiler Alert! Possible Setlist For Glee's MJ Tribute Episode Leaked!

Take this with a grain of salt: We heard it on the Internet!

One of the most anticipated episodes of Glee when the show returns in the new year is their tribute episode to the one and only Michael Jackson. While the McKinley kids have performed MJ numbers before, this will mark a full HOUR of entertainment supplied by the musical catalogue of the King of Pop.

It will also potentially elicit some very high-pitched squealing from the Gleek in your life as we've seen the setlist, and we've got to say — it's HOT!

Let's just say there are solo's to die for and duets that fans have been pining for since last season.

Oh what the hell! Do U wanna see what's coming up? Then friend, CLICK THAT JUMP and have a looksie! But we warn you - SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

- Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ – Blaine
- Bad – New Directions & Warblers
- I Just Can’t Stop Loving You – Finn & Rachel
- Smooth Criminal – Santana & Sebastian
- Never Can Say Goodbye – Quinn
- In The Closet – Brittany & Santana
- We Are The World – New Directions & Warblers
- Black And White – Puck
- Ghost / Monster – New Directions
- Beat It / Billy Jean – Warblers
- The Way You Make Me Feel – Kurt
- Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough – Artie

http://perezhilton.com/2011-12-27-glee-michael-jackson-tribute-episode-setlist

KingMikeJ;3566702 said:

One of the most anticipated episodes of Glee when the show returns in the new year is their tribute episode to the one and only Michael Jackson. While the McKinley kids have performed MJ numbers before, this will mark a full HOUR of entertainment supplied by the musical catalogue of the King of Pop.

It will also potentially elicit some very high-pitched squealing from the Gleek in your life as we've seen the setlist, and we've got to say — it's HOT!

Let's just say there are solo's to die for and duets that fans have been pining for since last season.

Oh what the hell! Do U wanna see what's coming up? Then friend, CLICK THAT JUMP and have a looksie! But we warn you - SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

- Black And White – Puck

Let's see.... :timer:

KingMikeJ;3566702 said:

- Black And White – Puck

I just wanted to comment on the bolded parts. I noticed with huge relieve and happiness that nowhere they wrote down "late" when talking about Michael. They simply said "the one and only" and the King of Pop Michael Jackson. I get so irritated when they seem to always insert that "late" in front of Michael. I know it is inevitable and I'm not living in denial, but Michael is immortal and his songs are still very much alive.

Also, I noticed one of the rumored songs are Ghosts/Monster? mmmmm, I would love that to be true. I know Monster is such a controversial song, and don't hate me for this, but regardless I just looooove it and I bet it would be a great song for the general public to hear (I know they would love it too). I guess we will have to wait until Jan 24, can't wait!

KingMikeJ;3566702 said:

- Black And White – Puck

Hahaha Monster! I can't believe it.

Another preview song for the upcoming episode:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...er-can-say-goodbye-glee_n_1174393.html?ref=tw

r-DIANNA-AGRON-GLEE-NEVER-CAN-SAY-GOODBYE-large570.jpg

Fans of Quinn Fabray finally have something to celebrate because Dianna Agron's first "Glee" Season 3 solo has arrived -- and it's a cover of Michael Jackson's "Never Can Say Goodbye" for "Glee's" anticipated "Michael" tribute episode.

We already know that the cast will perform 12 songs from Jackson's extensive music catalogue, extending back to his time with the Jackson 5. A few weeks ago, TV Guide magazine reported that the Warblers and Sebastian would also partake in the Jackson tribute, and that Blaine would take on "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin,'" while Finn and Rachel would do a duet of "I Just Can't Stop Loving You."

Take a listen to Quinn's sweet soprano cover of "Never Can Say Goodbye" below.

I don't watch glee but I'll tune in for this, interesting that they chose to do ghosts/monster. I'm looking forward to see how they perform them, MJ covers no matter who by always make me cringe too, I can't help but compare their versions to MJ's and of course no one compares to MJ.

I don't see the point of having Monster in this episode as this is not a song that belongs to his legacy and work published in his lifetime...

Looking forward to watch this episode! :yes:

https://twitter.com/tajjackson3
tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@MusicMechanik: Perez Hilton is hardly a factual blog. Same guy that said your uncle was faking it on June 25th 2009” Very true.
12 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@RobLives4Love: @tajjackson3 you like glee? Thought you had better taste” Lol Rob. You'd be surprised at the shows I watch.
16 minutes ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@CaliTRose: It pains me to see @tajjackson3 hurt so @gleeonfox ” I'm more concerned about my Grandma. We were going to watch it together.
21 minutes ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
It's like revisiting this nightmare all over again. :-( And watch some people try to blame me for "stirring it up" @perezhilton @gleeonfox
31 minutes ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
With all the controversy surrounding the song, why even consider it? So many incredible MJ songs to choose from. @perezhilton @gleeonfox
44 minutes ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
I pray @PerezHilton is wrong about @GLEEonFOX using the song "Monster" for it's MJ tribute episode. Glee is one of my fav shows. :-(
1 hour ago

https://twitter.com/tajjackson3
tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
But a lot of you are correct.. I should not have spread info unless it had been confirmed. So please wait until I get further confirmation.
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
If the Glee info is incorrect..like I hope. I will be the first to say I overreacted and appologize. Promise.
1 hour ago

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...e-michael-jackson-episode-broadway-debut.html
darren-criss-wayfarers-gett.jpg

Darren Criss is currently tearing up the stage in New York City during his debut Broadway run, but the "Glee" actor will still appear in the gigantic upcoming Michael Jackson tribute episode. Criss tells E! Online that he filmed his MJ scenes in just four short days, and since he'll only be gone for three weeks, he'll only be missing from one episode of "Glee." Two, tops.

"I thought that before I was going to leave, they might write Blaine out just to make things easier on everybody," Darren tells E!. "Nope! Right before I left, Blaine had a lot of really cool things to do for the Michael Jackson episode. When you see that episode, I shot all my stuff in four days. It was quick! It was a shotgun of crazy, exhausting stuff and it was both a thrill--because you really wanna do justice to these awesome songs--but frustrating, because I wanted it to be perfect and amazing."

One of those songs is a Criss solo, "Wanna Be Startin' Something," which he got a kick out of recording. "Wildest lyrics ever! It's cool because it's Michael Jackson," he says. "But at one point he's like, 'You're a vegetable. You're a vegetable. They eat off of you. You're just a buffet. You're a vegetable.' [And it's like], 'Whatever. Michael Jackson's singing it. It's cool!'"

As for his Great White Way debut -- taking over Daniel Radcliffe's lead in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" -- Criss was actually sought out by producer Craig Zadan. "We asked Darren if he was interested in doing a limited run in the show, and he got on a plane and snuck into the theater one matinee to check out the part," Zadan tells Entertainment Weekly. "He called when he got out and said, 'I have to play this role!'"

Criss, who was a theater major at the University of Michigan, is mostly excited for his first performance -- but a little nervous. "Everyone's like, 'Oh, I gotta go to your opening night!,'" he tells EW. "But I'm terrified. I'm like, 'No! See it at, like, two and a half weeks.' Theater is a living creature. It takes a while to break in, like a new pair of shoes."

"Glee" returns Jan. 17, and Criss performs in "How to Succeed" until Jan. 22.

A very admirable selection, but I hope this isn't the complete list (there's still plenty of room to squeeze an Invincible track in there! It would be a great way to introduce some of the hidden gems on that album to a casual listener)

I can't wait to see Artie and Mike Chang's take on Scream, Mike Chang is an awesome dancer and he'll definitely do the choreography justice

Edit: just noticed that the title of the article says full playlist. Oh well, guess they'll have to cover my beloved Invincible tracks in a future episode lol

marc_vivien;3573641 said:

Last edited:

I think it would have been better to have mike & one of the glee girls cover scream since its a boy girl duet.

Back